Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Altamont sb for sale
Posted by: padre69 ()
Date: October 6, 2021 10:36

[www.sothebys.com]

”From Sympathy to Rambler”. So it’s
SFTD, The Sun Is Shining, Stray Cat Blues, Love In Vain, Under My Thumb, BS and MR.

Re: Altamont sb for sale
Posted by: BlueTurns2Grey ()
Date: October 6, 2021 11:04

So it's only something between 1400,- and 2100,- USD per track. A bargain. If the buyer is lucky, it's even stereo. My postage account doesn’t allow such a purchase at the moment. It seems, that I still have to listen to the audience recordings.

Posted by: S.T.P ()
Date: October 6, 2021 19:51

Will the buyer have the rights to release what's on the tape?

Posted by: Mack Jigger ()
Date: October 6, 2021 20:08

S.T.P

Interesting question and a tricky one. But as it's more then 50 years old and ABKCO didn't release these recordings officially (not even for a couple of weeks on YouTube) the buyer might get away with it. Still a very expensive investment. But maybe somebody can form a group of around 100 members here who can all contribute a few bucks and we get something nice for Christmas. Just a thought.

Date: October 6, 2021 20:52

Mack Jigger
S.T.P

Interesting question and a tricky one. But as it's more then 50 years old and ABKCO didn't release these recordings officially (not even for a couple of weeks on YouTube) the buyer might get away with it. Still a very expensive investment. But maybe somebody can form a group of around 100 members here who can all contribute a few bucks and we get something nice for Christmas. Just a thought.

I'll gladly pay my share!

Posted by: BlueTurns2Grey ()
Date: October 6, 2021 21:11

Mack Jigger
S.T.P

I would also pay my share, but I asked once for another auction and got no answer. No chance.

Posted by: misterfrias ()
Date: October 6, 2021 21:36

S.T.P
Mack Jigger
S.T.P

I'll gladly pay my share!

I’ll throw in too.

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: October 7, 2021 01:01

Musically great gig.I'd love to hear it.

Why only part of recordings? Was this tape stolen?
Owsley/ Bear was the G. Deads sound man. But they didn't play. How came he recorded the Stones?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-07 01:24 by CousinC.

Date: October 7, 2021 01:46

I am in on this however there are many unanswered questions especially how the tape came about and what is the quality of the recordings.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: October 7, 2021 01:55

Mack Jigger
S.T.P

ABKCO "released" an audience recording of Altamont as part of their 1969 copyright extension campaign on YouTube, however, how that affects the soundboard source is indeed a very interesting question that could only be cleared at court!

Furthermore, the audience tape was dubbed from bootlegs and ABKCO had absolutely nothing to do with the recording itself, so I think it was a dodgy move to start with.

But if the 50years public domain clause in the EC does not apply, I strongly doubt that Owsley's tape comes with the full rights necessary for a legal release. It may have been legitimately recorded, but the Stones could possibly prevent its release just like they can prevent ABKCO from releasing unreleased recordings without their consent.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: October 7, 2021 02:10

Re: Altamont sb for sale new
Date: October 7, 2021 01:55

Mack Jigger
S.T.P

ABKCO "released" an audience recording of Altamont as part of their 1969 copyright extension campaign on YouTube, however, how that affects the soundboard source is indeed a very interesting question that could only be cleared at court!

Furthermore, the audience tape was dubbed from bootlegs and ABKCO had absolutely nothing to do with the recording itself, so I think it was a dodgy move to start with.

But if the 50years public domain clause in the EC does not apply, I strongly doubt that Owsley's tape comes with the full rights necessary for a legal release. It may have been legitimately recorded, but the Stones could possibly prevent its release just like they can prevent ABKCO from releasing unreleased recordings without their consent.

but why would they bother if they cared it would have been on the gimme shelter dvd or ya-ya's box set

unless they have a complete multi track soundboard and plan a release next year that i would buy
i sure hope the 60th sees c-cksucker blues releaesed too and maybe a lot of this great pre woods audio they've been sitting on for some reason 60th anniversary sound about right time to do something with it plus 2022 is the 50th anniversary of the 72 us tour they could release cb and maybe the philadelphia special or the rumored stones/stevie wonder double album

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: October 7, 2021 03:37

They should release a boxset from the 1969 shows like Columbia/Sony did with Dylan's 1966 tour...

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: October 7, 2021 04:50

They should release a boxset from the 1969 shows like Columbia/Sony did with Dylan's 1966 tour...

yes pleasegrinning smiley

Posted by: GetYerAngie ()
Date: October 7, 2021 14:14

ProfessorWolf

+1

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: October 7, 2021 20:17

GetYerAngie
ProfessorWolf

+1

I'd buy it.

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: October 7, 2021 23:30

kowalski

As a Stones fan who lives and breathes anything '69 tour wise, I pray that I see a boxed set of good quality soundboard recordings from the three 11/69 MSG shows before I die (the Baltimore and Boston shows which were also supposed to be professionally recorded would be a bonus).

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-07 23:33 by Sighunt.

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: October 8, 2021 00:43

I'm pretty happy with the Ya-Yas Deluxe. Pretty much all the songs they played live in '69, as far as I know, in perfect sound. But, I'd gladly love to hear more...but when it comes to Altamont, while listening I can't help but think about what's going on in the crowd. As with the Gimme Shelter movie...kinda puts a damp, dark feel to it that is a buzz kill for me. So I'm not so anxious for that one.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-08 00:47 by shadooby.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: October 8, 2021 01:36

I actually bought a raw soundboard tape for a live album off a band member (not Stones) auction of personal memorabilia and they were pretty clear I wasn't getting the rights, and I assume this means the dozen or so songs that didn't make it.

Date: October 8, 2021 21:28

Sighunt

kowalski

As a Stones fan who lives and breathes anything '69 tour wise, I pray that I see a boxed set of good quality soundboard recordings from the three 11/69 MSG shows before I die (the Baltimore and Boston shows which were also supposed to be professionally recorded would be a bonus).

"..before I die" seems to be more relevant now -for many fans (of the band that soon mark their 60th anniversary!). We've been waiting for so long for the real gems. The MSG '69 full box set is one of them. If I should speculate I would asume that at some point in the future some of the real treasures like the Ya Yas leftovers will see the light of day. Maybe even with fottage. 

Altamont is a whole diferent case. This gig is controvercial becauce of the circumstances surrounding it. I feel much more uncertain about this getting a official releace. There are of cource many other concerts from the golden age that also fall in the category of "uncertain" ie. leftovers fro Hyde Park '69. From one point of view it's fully understadable that the band doesn't want songs or concerts to be available to the public for the simple reason that they don't find the musical or tecnical standard to be good enough . Still I would imagine that they are fully aware of how important the die hard fans think it is. One example is all the great boots that somehow found its way from the inner circle to the bootleg market. At least a small part of these boots like "Bedspring Symphony" or the different soundboards for '72 must have been given permition from the band to slip through. Speaking for my self, I couldn't care less if something is released official or comes in great quality and finds its way through download ie. on buy/sell/trade on this site. For once, someone please just fix it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-08 23:16 by S.T.P.

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: October 9, 2021 17:01

CousinC
Musically great gig.I'd love to hear it.

Why only part of recordings? Was this tape stolen?
Owsley/ Bear was the G. Deads sound man. But they didn't play. How came he recorded the Stones?

Bear was in charge of the sound system that day...for all bands.

Date: October 9, 2021 20:39

It would be interesting to know if Bear recorded the Stones for the Maysles Brothers "Gimme Shelter"-project and just kept a safety copy for himself or if the movie soundtrack recordings and Bear's tape have nothing to do with each other what would mean there's two separate soundboard recordings in existence.

Posted by: timmyj3 ()
Date: October 11, 2021 15:14

It appears this lot is no longer available.

I believe it to be a near historical media document. I think it was a bargain if it stayed near the $10,000.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: October 11, 2021 15:25

One idea that just popped in my head... What if the debacle of Woostock'99 with its litany of violence and rapes was not a tribute to Woodstock'69 (as it was planned) but a grim hommage to Altamont? smoking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-11 17:03 by dcba.

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: October 11, 2021 16:36

link no more valid ?

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1689
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home