Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: John Mayall is also retiring
Posted by: Koen ()
Date: October 5, 2021 00:58

Re: OT: John Mayall is also retiring
Date: October 5, 2021 01:14

Maybe he could do a final "blast" with Mick Taylor.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: October 5, 2021 01:24

Koen
At age 87!

[www.guitarplayer.com]

Strange....

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: October 5, 2021 03:06

From reading the Guitar Player link I'd say Mayall is semi-retiring. That he's still out there at 87 doing his thing is pretty good in my book. His "The Turning Point" album is still such a great listen. Highly recommended if you've never heard it before.

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: October 5, 2021 07:26

He stayed in shape by hauling his own gear on the road for the last few decades. That's probably a bit too much of a chore for him now.

Posted by: Four Stone Walls ()
Date: October 5, 2021 15:48

dmay
From reading the Guitar Player link I'd say Mayall is semi-retiring. That he's still out there at 87 doing his thing is pretty good in my book. His "The Turning Point" album is still such a great listen. Highly recommended if you've never heard it before.

Blues from Laurel Canyon!

And he's releasing a new album n January - take note Rhythm'n'Blues-breakers.

Posted by: floodonthepage ()
Date: October 5, 2021 19:20

Interesting that Guitar Player is picking up on this now, as Mayall made his announcement about this in September. And yeah I agree, more of a semi-retirement. Although I guess staying in California isn't touring, per se, but rather playing local shows.

87, wow! I met him in 1996 after a show. He signed my CD Sleeve for Disc 1 of Clapton's "Crossroads" Box Set, which features a few Mayall tracks. I wish I had had some actual Mayall CD sleeves at the time for him to sign instead.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-06 16:27 by floodonthepage.

Posted by: Four Stone Walls ()
Date: October 6, 2021 02:33

Let's hope for a 90th birthday show with Clapton, Taylor,McVie and possibly Wyman.

Not sure which of his original drummers are still on the go. Ah, Mick Fleetwood of course! ( In Blues breakers briefly, no?).

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2086
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home