Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011
Current Page: 11 of 11
Re: Pittsburgh show live updates - Monday 4-Oct-2021 - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: October 7, 2021 01:05

Rocktiludrop
More Hot Rocks
georgemcdonnell314
I don't remember them playing It's Only Rock N Roll.

However I had about 15 beers in me so I may have just missed it.

wow what a waste of time and a Rolling Stones ticket

Not necessarily.

I have to agree. Drinking like that is not necessary at a concert where you don’t even know what songs were played. Enjoy the band and the music not the booze

Pittsburgh - Monday 4-Oct-2021 - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: October 7, 2021 01:16

Thanks Pittsburgh for giving us a great time!

[twitter.com]

Re: Pittsburgh show live updates - Monday 4-Oct-2021 - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: Rocktiludrop ()
Date: October 7, 2021 01:43

Cooltoplady
Rocktiludrop
More Hot Rocks
georgemcdonnell314

Not necessarily.

I have to agree. Drinking like that is not necessary at a concert where you don’t even know what songs were played. Enjoy the band and the music not the booze

Some of the best shows ever have involved a good old afternoon session in the pubs beforehand, as long as you can handle it and not be a twat it actually enhances the music, ever see people drinking and singing along having a good old time.
Admittedly it's an in the moment experience and the memories are a bit incomplete winking smiley

Posted by: KeefRichards88 ()
Date: October 7, 2021 02:20

What happened during Midnight Rambler?

Don't get me wrong it sounded great but Micks harmonica solo in the beginning was not there and I think something was wrong with his harmonica.

Then about half way through the roadies rolled up the rug from the B-Stage all the way up to the main stage. Was not sure if it got wet and they decided to roll it up or what was going on

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: October 7, 2021 02:31

Re: Pittsburgh show live updates - Monday 4-Oct-2021 - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour new
Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: October 6, 2021 16:56

I have to say, Steve Jordan’s influence, to my ears, has turned The Stones from being the world’s greatest rock and roll band, into the world’s Greatest Rock band.

They are ALL playing way harder this time round. Keith has rediscovered soloing.

The end, END, of Gimme Shelter under all the Sasha Allen/Mick Jagger wail-up on the b-stage, it’s just ferociously brilliant interplay between Ronnie, Keith and Steve.

I miss Charlie’s steadiness. But I do find Steve’s driving of the rest of them, Jagger included, HAS REINVIGORATED them.

LONG LIVE THE ROLLING STONES

Rod

this exactly how i feel we've gained a hell of a rock band and i'm sure steve will roll more in the future you can hear him loosen up more each show

Re: Pittsburgh - Monday 4-Oct-2021 - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: plusplusjames ()
Date: October 7, 2021 03:39

angee
Nice shots, plus plus!
(Are you going to LA?)

If I were to go to more shows, I would most want to see them in LA. No plans at this point. I’ve got responsibilities like paying for other people luxuries… eye rolling smiley

Re: Pittsburgh - Monday 4-Oct-2021 - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: angee ()
Date: October 7, 2021 04:21

Okay, I hope you still consider it, maybe find a lucky dip?
I last saw you in person eons ago in NJ, and then in photos right behind an arena pit. cool smiley
Fee free to email me if you have a chance.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: October 7, 2021 10:29

Rocktiludrop
Keith still yrying something new and different, gotta love him, now Keith surprise us with Coming Down Again and my life is complete winking smiley

Although I have a few other wishes for my life, it would be great to finally hear the song from Keith.

Date: October 7, 2021 13:16

RobertJohnson
Rocktiludrop
Keith still yrying something new and different, gotta love him, now Keith surprise us with Coming Down Again and my life is complete winking smiley

Although I have a few other wishes for my life, it would be great to finally hear the song from Keith.

Put it another way then, it's the only exterior thing i wish for, when you realise all happiness comes from within there isn't much to wish for.

Date: October 7, 2021 17:24

I actually remember the show very well. And the reason I don't remember them playing IORR it is because it wasn't played.

Cooltoplady
Rocktiludrop
More Hot Rocks
georgemcdonnell314

Not necessarily.

Date: October 7, 2021 19:45

georgemcdonnell314
I actually remember the show very well. And the reason I don't remember them playing IORR it is because it wasn't played.

Cooltoplady
Rocktiludrop
More Hot Rocks
georgemcdonnell314

Not necessarily.

For the best part of their performing lives Ronnie and Keith have delivered the shows to us after consuming copious amounts of booze, so it's the decent thing to do out of respect to watch and hear them with equal amounts of booze, just so the band and the observer are on the same page smoking smiley

Date: October 7, 2021 20:05

thumbs up
Rocktiludrop
georgemcdonnell314

Cooltoplady
Rocktiludrop
More Hot Rocks
georgemcdonnell314

Not necessarily.

For the best part of their performing lives Ronnie and Keith have delivered the shows to us after consuming copious amounts of booze, so it's the decent thing to do out of respect to watch and hear them with equal amounts of booze, just so the band and the observer are on the same page smoking smiley

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 8, 2021 05:48

Cooltoplady
Rocktiludrop
More Hot Rocks
georgemcdonnell314

Not necessarily.

Totally agree. Enjoy the damn show and get hammered after. You're toast the next day in either case but at least you'll remember the show.

Pittsburgh - Monday 4-Oct-2021 - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: December 20, 2021 16:14

The Rolling Stones top the list of the 10 best concerts of 2021

Scott Mervis
December 20, 2021

Emily Matthews/Post-Gazette

Just one of the miserable things about 2020 was hearing a live music clip with a cheering, roaring crowd and wondering if and when you’d be in the midst of that again.

All told, it took about 17 months for that to happen and, when it did, to paraphrase Foreigner, it felt like the first time. The first few big gatherings here were at the Point for the Three Rivers Arts Festival and Black Music Festival, and when the venues kicked in, starting with Chicago, we made up for lost time.

From July on, our promoters filled stadiums and packed amphitheaters, theaters and clubs with A-list talent.

Here are the high points, with a little help from my friends:

1. The Rolling Stones (Heinz Field, Oct. 4): With some of these boomer bands you have to grade on a curve, like, “Well, they sound pretty good for being nursing-home age.” In this case, no. The Stones were the Stones. Sadly, we lost the great Charlie Watts shortly before the tour began, making this all bittersweet. In the hot seat was Steve Jordan, who, with bassist Daryl Jones, lit a flame under the old frontline. Keith Richards and Ron Woods seemed giddy to be playing off each other once again. As for Mick Jagger, the greatest rock ’n’ roll singer ever, he should be holding anti-aging seminars because he still moves like a teenager and hasn’t lost the vocal swagger. When it’s all clicking, there’s nothing like the sound of the Stones.

[www.post-gazette.com]

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011
Current Page: 11 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1086
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home