Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 10 of 11
Re: Pittsburgh show live updates - Monday 4-Oct-2021 - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Date: October 6, 2021 15:10

Rocktiludrop
padre69
I'd like to see a Pittsburgh clip of GS, where Keith is seen playing that intro. For some reason he seems to be hidden during the opening riff.
Wasn't there a speculation from the St.Louis gig that an extra guitar was heard in some song? Neither Ronnie or Keith was seen playing, but a guitar was audible.

Don't we just love a good conspiracy theory winking smiley

If you listen carefully it's all Keith's guitar as explained by DP.

There are flubbed notes as well. It's Keith, after all!

Re: Pittsburgh show live updates - Monday 4-Oct-2021 - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: Rocktiludrop ()
Date: October 6, 2021 15:20

Keith still yrying something new and different, gotta love him, now Keith surprise us with Coming Down Again and my life is complete winking smiley

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: October 6, 2021 15:28

DandelionPowderman
Rocktiludrop
padre69
I'd like to see a Pittsburgh clip of GS, where Keith is seen playing that intro. For some reason he seems to be hidden during the opening riff.
Wasn't there a speculation from the St.Louis gig that an extra guitar was heard in some song? Neither Ronnie or Keith was seen playing, but a guitar was audible.

The flubbed notes are intentional to give it a level of authenticity. Obviously someone underneath the stage playing or something /s

Posted by: yeababyyea ()
Date: October 6, 2021 15:46

Maybe Keith is sitting down when playing the GS intro in order to play it the best he can? smiling smiley

Re: Pittsburgh - Monday 4-Oct-2021 - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 6, 2021 16:10

Nikkei
Keith with his colours begins to remind me of these socks for your ipod that used to come in a package.

D'ya think that'll fit an Android device?

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: October 6, 2021 16:56

I have to say, Steve Jordan’s influence, to my ears, has turned The Stones from being the world’s greatest rock and roll band, into the world’s Greatest Rock band.

They are ALL playing way harder this time round. Keith has rediscovered soloing.

The end, END, of Gimme Shelter under all the Sasha Allen/Mick Jagger wail-up on the b-stage, it’s just ferociously brilliant interplay between Ronnie, Keith and Steve.

I miss Charlie’s steadiness. But I do find Steve’s driving of the rest of them, Jagger included, HAS REINVIGORATED them.

LONG LIVE THE ROLLING STONES

Rod

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: October 6, 2021 17:27

padre69
Maybe Matt Clifford on a synth?

Date: October 6, 2021 18:46

Bastion
DandelionPowderman
Rocktiludrop
padre69

The flubbed notes are intentional to give it a level of authenticity. Obviously someone underneath the stage playing or something /s

Why now, when Keith is playing so well would he need a secret guitarist hidden away, and why would Keith hide away too lol.
And like Keith's going to let Matt Clifford do his intro for him (like that's gonna happen) even if Matt could make that sound, and i seriously doubt he could.
Keith plays just about as good as any 78 year old is capable of doing , same goes for Jagger.

Man Ronnie and Keith are brilliant on Shelter, why would they make it so obvious even if they did need a secret third guitar, think about it, the secret guitar would have the same tone as keiths, they wouldn't use a semi acoustic when clearly there isn't one on the stage, this isn't X factor.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-06 18:49 by Rocktiludrop.

Date: October 6, 2021 18:49

Rocktiludrop
Bastion
DandelionPowderman
Rocktiludrop
padre69

Why now, when Keith is playing so well would he need a secret guitarist hidden away, and why would Keith hide away too lol.
And like Keith's going to let Matt Clifford do his intro for him (like that's gonna happen) even if Matt could make that sound, and i seriously doubt he could.
Keith plays just about as good as any 78 year old is capable of doing , same goes for Jagger.

Man Ronnie and Keith are brilliant on Shelter, why would they make it so obvious even if they did need a secret third guitar, think about it, the secret guitar would have the same time as keiths, they wouldn't use a semi acoustic.

If that wasn't a humerous post, Riffie, I've never seen one smiling smiley

Posted by: wupperstein ()
Date: October 6, 2021 18:50

The intro of Gimme Shelter sounds exactly like the guitarsound in the live version of Lady Jane from November 29th, 2012, London
Maybe it's Chuck on the keyboards? Please compare it.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 6, 2021 18:51

More reports and pictures just published from the Pittsburgh show.
Just click the main picture on the IORR home page:

[iorr.org]

Bjornulf

Date: October 6, 2021 18:54

It gets better DP, I hadn't finished yet winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-06 19:36 by Rocktiludrop.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: October 6, 2021 19:02

Taylor1
padre69

Yes, most of the music comes from chuck Matt and Tim on the keys. Keith and Ron add their fills when they want. No need for a ghost guitarist. The fans can’t tell

Date: October 6, 2021 19:11

bv

[iorr.org]

Fantastic pictures BV, love the one with Keith's hand on Ronnies head, they really seem to be enjoying this tour, I've never seen such closeness between Mick, Keith and Ronnie.thumbs up

Posted by: frenki09 ()
Date: October 6, 2021 19:23

bitusa2012
GREAT photos BV. Tell me/us… somehow you seem to have superb pics taken from slightly above ground/pit level. They don’t seem to be taken from IN the bottom of the pit. You’re looking straight at the band, even slightly DOWN on them occasionally. Do you levitate???smiling smiley

If you call those by BV superb, then how would you label the "more than superb" photos taken by Hendrik Mulder? His "lucky" shots came out so well composed, and they aren't blurry nor out of focus. Check 'em out in the report for the Pittsburgh show.
You should ask him for tips.

Posted by: wupperstein ()
Date: October 6, 2021 19:30

The intro of Gimme Shelter sounds exactly like the guitarsound in the live version of Lady Jane from November 29th, 2012, London

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 6, 2021 19:32

bv

[iorr.org]

Incredibly great photos from you, Hendrik, and Victor Woods - thumbs up

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: October 6, 2021 19:41

Many thanks to Hendrik and Bjornulf for the fabulous pics. Mine were trash, I’m going to give it up and wait impatiently for theirs in future.

Date: October 6, 2021 19:46

Rokyfan
Taylor1
padre69

Yes, most of the music comes from chuck Matt and Tim on the keys. Keith and Ron add their fills when they want. No need for a ghost guitarist. The fans can’t tell

Yeah i don't know why they even employ Ronnie and Keith, leave them at home and Chuck and Matt can take over, no one will notice, just put a couple of cardboard cutouts of Keith and Ron and get someone to jiggle them about abit, after all, the causal fans are only there to hear Miss You.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-06 23:59 by Rocktiludrop.

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: October 6, 2021 20:12

padre69

If it were any other band - any other band, I would say - yes someone else is playing that riff. But I just cannot see Keith participating in such a fraud.

Posted by: BFR ()
Date: October 6, 2021 20:17

SomeTorontoGirl
Many thanks to Hendrik and Bjornulf for the fabulous pics. Mine were trash, I’m going to give it up and wait impatiently for theirs in future.

Haha, same! The lighting on the catwalk and B-stage especially makes it nearly impossible to take any decent pictures.

Date: October 6, 2021 20:53

great solo from Keith!

[youtu.be]

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: October 6, 2021 21:25

thanks for the reports and photos!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 6, 2021 22:17

bv

[iorr.org]

Thanks BV! Any shots of the secret guitarist under the stage?

Posted by: plusplusjames ()
Date: October 6, 2021 23:15

The band proved yet again that they can outlast their audiences. Great night and I am enjoying the uploads of Trouble and Ghost on YouTube.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-06 23:24 by plusplusjames.

Re: Pittsburgh - Monday 4-Oct-2021 - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: angee ()
Date: October 6, 2021 23:35

Nice shots, plus plus!
(Are you going to LA?)

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: October 6, 2021 23:41

georgemcdonnell314
I don't remember them playing It's Only Rock N Roll.

However I had about 15 beers in me so I may have just missed it.

wow what a waste of time and a Rolling Stones ticket

Date: October 7, 2021 00:02

More Hot Rocks
georgemcdonnell314
I don't remember them playing It's Only Rock N Roll.

However I had about 15 beers in me so I may have just missed it.

wow what a waste of time and a Rolling Stones ticket

Not necessarily.

Date: October 7, 2021 00:08

wupperstein

[www.youtube.com]

No it doesn't, not anything like it. The Chuck part sounds like a Harpsichord not an acoustic guitar.

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: October 7, 2021 01:03

thank you Robert Daly.. I've tried hinting at exactly what you said in your review but my live track record goes only back as far as 81 (and we thought THAT was the last tour back then!)

whether it was or wasn't the best, it was an amazingly great show

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 10 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1428
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home