Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 9 of 11
Re: Pittsburgh - Monday 4-Oct-2021 - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: October 5, 2021 21:44

Keith with his colours begins to remind me of these socks for your ipod that used to come in a package.

Re: Pittsburgh show live updates - Monday 4-Oct-2021 - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: October 5, 2021 22:07

Some great reviews and photos. Many thanks to those sharing them.

Re: Pittsburgh show live updates - Monday 4-Oct-2021 - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: Rocktiludrop ()
Date: October 5, 2021 22:26

If you haven't watched Bobs live Facebook feed for 90 minutes i strongly suggest you do, it's close up from the pit Keith's side and shows you why the Stones and their fans can't give each other up yet, the energy and power , and if you like charm and magnetism of Mick & Keith is spellbinding. It sounds ridiculous but haven't seen them rocking this hard in a long time.

Great to see Ronnie back in business too bless him.thumbs up

Date: October 5, 2021 22:30

Quality uploads of numbers from the Pittsburgh show from Jim Powers Youtube channel.

Am I the only one who doesn't love this version of Gimme Shelter? It sounds emasculated to me. Other than that, good show and they seem more relaxed.

Charlie montage and SFM

[www.youtube.com]

Angie

[www.youtube.com]

Charlie homage and Tumbling Dice

[www.youtube.com]

PIB

[www.youtube.com]

JJF

[www.youtube.com]

HTW and band intros

[www.youtube.com]

GS (different intro than I have ever heard)

[www.youtube.com]

Satisfaction and bows

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 6, 2021 00:38

At around 5.35 Mick kisses Darryl --- funky stuff HHHHHaaaaaaaaaaaaa

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: October 6, 2021 00:48

The band sounds great. Is the stage smaller than on prior tours.It looks like the musicians are closer together

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: October 6, 2021 00:52

Lady Jayne
Quality uploads of numbers from the Pittsburgh show from Jim Powers Youtube channel.

Am I the only one who doesn't love this version of Gimme Shelter? It sounds emasculated to me. Other than that, good show and they seem more relaxed.

[www.youtube.com]

But the change contributes to vitalize and renew the song. That way it avoids being just another warhorse. Instead its live version becomes special for this period of their career. That kind of development of live versions was what I loved about their pre-1989 era.

Indeed, if the Stones were to release a live album from this leg of their tour, apart from hopefully even more TATTOO YOU DELUXE songs played live, such a changed warhorse like this is that to me would make it wellcome as a track on such a live album. Otherwise I would not want another version of a warhorse on a live album. I really hope for more changes to other warhorses, giving them new attraction. One wish for me is that the band will play "Start Me Up" in the reggaelike manner that I have read that the early version reportedly was like.(I have never heard it.)

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: October 6, 2021 01:01

Re: Pittsburgh show live updates - Monday 4-Oct-2021 - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour new
Date: October 5, 2021 22:26

If you haven't watched Bobs live Facebook feed for 90 minutes i strongly suggest you do, it's close up from the pit Keith's side and shows you why the Stones and their fans can't give each other up yet, the energy and power , and if you like charm and magnetism of Mick & Keith is spellbinding. It sounds ridiculous but haven't seen them rocking this hard in a long time.

Great to see Ronnie back in business too bless him.thumbs up

could you or someone with access download it and post it here because me and many other can't see it and you make it out to be something really great and i'd like to see it

Date: October 6, 2021 01:03

Witness
Lady Jayne

[www.youtube.com]

But the change contributes to vitalize and renew the song. That way it avoids being just another warhorse. Instead its live version becomes special for this period of their career. That kind of development of live versions was what I loved about their pre-1989 era.

Indeed, if the Stones were to release a live album from this leg of their tour, apart from hopefully even more TATTOO YOU DELUXE songs played live, such a changed warhorse like this is that to me would make it wellcome as a track on such a live album. Otherwise I would not want another version of a warhorse on a live album. I really hope for more changes to other warhorses, giving them new attraction. One wish for me is that the band will play "Start Me Up" in the reggaelike manner that I have read that the early version reportedly was like.(I have never heard it.)

I'm not against different arrangements per se - in terms of recordings I love Country Honk and Honky Tonk Women. Both work. But I just don't find this opening serves the song - for me it detracts from the foreboding and menace of the gathering storm. But clearly others love it.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: October 6, 2021 01:12

MR video: [youtu.be]

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: October 6, 2021 01:56

RE: Photos.

Not sure what small camera body you are using. Here's a few pointers. Increase shutter to 500th/Second, Increase to 1000 ISO. Set your light meter to center point and lower your exposure compensation to -1. You will get a greater separation of tones, Mick being better focused when moving his hands and arms and camera light meter not using the surrounding lights as a base for exposure.

Posted by: Lil' Brian ()
Date: October 6, 2021 02:04

Thanks for all the updates everyone! Just realized it's been 40 years this week they played Boulder, Colorado. What a weekend it was...

Posted by: Larsktongue ()
Date: October 6, 2021 02:16

Footage I shot of the band leaving the Fairmont Pittsburgh on Monday for soundcheck:

[share.icloud.com]

Date: October 6, 2021 03:46

trainarollin
RE: Photos.

Not sure what small camera body you are using. Here's a few pointers. Increase shutter to 500th/Second, Increase to 1000 ISO. Set your light meter to center point and lower your exposure compensation to -1. You will get a greater separation of tones, Mick being better focused when moving his hands and arms and camera light meter not using the surrounding lights as a base for exposure.

Date: October 6, 2021 03:47

Posted by: angee ()
Date: October 6, 2021 04:00

"Luckily Hendrik and Jim have helped me with that."

Bjornulf, I am not a photographer, just a photo appreciator. You had lessons from two
of the best! cool smiley

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: October 6, 2021 05:54

Just got home and can't stop thinking about last night's show. The buzz got me all the way home, 12.5 hours drive, and I'm def spent and seeing double but buzzing.. Just submitted my brief review, read the other reviews and enjoyed them, thanks!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-06 05:55 by snoopy2.

Posted by: a bigger nut ()
Date: October 6, 2021 06:34

My photos by 7 years old Canon compact camera.

imgur01

imgur02

imgur03

imgur04

As Bjornulf writing, good picture is 1 in 20.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: October 6, 2021 06:49

Rockman

At around 5.35 Mick kisses Darryl --- funky stuff HHHHHaaaaaaaaaaaaa

In what clip Rocky?

Rod

Date: October 6, 2021 07:49

In the one provided Rod .....
watch at around the 5.35 min mark ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: padre69 ()
Date: October 6, 2021 10:58

I'd like to see a Pittsburgh clip of GS, where Keith is seen playing that intro. For some reason he seems to be hidden during the opening riff.
Wasn't there a speculation from the St.Louis gig that an extra guitar was heard in some song? Neither Ronnie or Keith was seen playing, but a guitar was audible.

Date: October 6, 2021 10:59

must be GUITAR GHOST !!!!

ROCKMAN

Date: October 6, 2021 11:12

Ok so after nothing but positivity from me on this tour I got a couple of things in not happy with.

Sasha in no match for Lisa from the start but she's getting worse, her solo on GS is terrible, sounds like she's shouting and gargling at the same time.

Another thing, Miss You really needs to be dropped, it's becoming the new toilet breaksmoking smiley , it goes on so long and gets boring, to think that stays when another ( not naming names )great song or two cold take its place.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-06 12:01 by Rocktiludrop.

Date: October 6, 2021 11:33

At least a toilet brake is better than a toilet break, Riffie winking smiley

Date: October 6, 2021 12:00

DandelionPowderman

To think I was dyslexic before I started posting on here, who would now
winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-06 12:03 by Rocktiludrop.

Date: October 6, 2021 12:43

Rocktiludrop
DandelionPowderman

To think I was dyslexic before I started posting on here, who would now
winking smiley

With auto correct on our cellphones we all become dyslexics smiling smiley

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: October 6, 2021 13:49

padre69
I'd like to see a Pittsburgh clip of GS, where Keith is seen playing that intro. For some reason he seems to be hidden during the opening riff.
Wasn't there a speculation from the St.Louis gig that an extra guitar was heard in some song? Neither Ronnie or Keith was seen playing, but a guitar was audible.

Hum, hadn't thought of that, Pierre would be an obvious candidate to "shadow" Keith but the playing is so "tentative" (albeit without flubbed notes) in the GS intro that it would be hard to produce unless you had Keith's "issues" (age, hugely swollen joints, etc...).

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: October 6, 2021 14:07

padre69

Don't we just love a good conspiracy theory winking smiley

If you listen carefully it's all Keith's guitar as explained by DP.

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: October 6, 2021 14:16

Fantastique show. It gives me confidence when arguing with nay-sayers that the Stones is still a rocking force live. From the right Pit, it hits you in the heart and the guts !!! What a buzz and a High to see them live that close !!! I am still in shock. I love my Stones and I know why!!!
Rockandroll,
Mops

Date: October 6, 2021 14:57

rollmops
Fantastique show. It gives me confidence when arguing with nay-sayers that the Stones is still a rocking force live. From the right Pit, it hits you in the heart and the guts !!! What a buzz and a High to see them live that close !!! I am still in shock. I love my Stones and I know why!!!
Rockandroll,
Mops

+1

It's like Clapton said about them, you can't fake thst sort of passion and power , you can only play it like that when your heart and soul is in it.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 9 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1289
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home