Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 7 of 11
Re: Pittsburgh show live updates - Monday 4-Oct-2021 - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: shattered ()
Date: October 5, 2021 08:21

jumpingjackflash5
Thank you Bjornulf for great photos and continued commitment to Stones!

Quality takes time. Thanks Bjornulf!

Re: Pittsburgh show live updates - Monday 4-Oct-2021 - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: October 5, 2021 08:26

That was one of the best shows I've "personally" seen them do.. I'm driving all day tomorrow but I'll try to do a brief report as well smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-05 08:27 by snoopy2.

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: October 5, 2021 08:26

What was up with Gimme Shelter intro?

Posted by: AllAboutYours ()
Date: October 5, 2021 09:40

Yeah, who’s that playing the intro? Doesn’t sound Keith at all.

Posted by: Rocktiludrop ()
Date: October 5, 2021 10:05

Sounds like it was a great show with Keith, Ronnie and Mick all on fire, fantastic, must have been great to be there.
See them in Europe next year hopefully smileys with beer

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: October 5, 2021 10:29

AllAboutYours

I looked at a few youtube videos. Keith starts in the back, probably to concentrate and have enough light on his frets. He turns the volume down for the opening. Then he comes on stage and turns the volume up. Thats why the sound in the beginning is so interesting. Haunting. Just great!

Date: October 5, 2021 10:45

Thank you to all the people bringing information here.

the audience does not precisely behave as an argentinian one...

Date: October 5, 2021 11:01

bengigan
*Angie is perfect even though I preferred Worried About You. There doesn't seem to be a permanent ballad slot, so will the song vote always be a ballad?

They played Let It Bleed in that slot for Charlotte, and that one isn't a ballad.

Posted by: IsakSun ()
Date: October 5, 2021 11:05

AllAboutYours

Sounds like the original version a bit more, but you can hear that it is Keiths guitar sound.

Date: October 5, 2021 11:10

IsakSun
AllAboutYours

Sounds like the original version a bit more, but you can hear that it is Keiths guitar sound.

Maybe Keith got a fax transcript of the Gimme Shelter thread from IORR? winking smiley

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: October 5, 2021 12:21

Three string guitar?

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: October 5, 2021 12:23

No "Ghost Town" ? Hope it hasn't been dropped !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: jp.M ()
Date: October 5, 2021 12:25

dead.flowers
Three string guitar?

....good question....!

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: October 5, 2021 12:31

For those who missed Bob's videos (like me) here's 1.5 hours of it [www.facebook.com] - amazing to see a stream like this !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: dkwalika ()
Date: October 5, 2021 12:33

I agree, kinda ugly.

Date: October 5, 2021 12:38

jp.M
dead.flowers
Three string guitar?

....good question....!

Just shadow on the light strings. Look at his index finger smiling smiley

Date: October 5, 2021 12:40

gotdablouse
No "Ghost Town" ? Hope it hasn't been dropped !

Street Fighting Man
Let's Spend The Night Together
Tumbling Dice
19th Nervous Breakdown
Trouble's a Coming
Angie (vote song)
You Can't Always Get What You Want
Living In A Ghost Town
Start Me Up
Honky Tonk Women
--- Band introductions
Before They Make Me Run (Keith)
Slipping Away (Keith)
Miss You
Midnight Rambler
Paint It Black
Sympathy For The Devil
Jumping Jack Flash
--- Band off stage
Gimme Shelter
Satisfaction

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: October 5, 2021 12:41

gotdablouse

No "Ghost Town" ?

It was played:

[Twitter.com] , [iorr.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-05 12:50 by Irix.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: October 5, 2021 12:42

gotdablouse
For those who missed Bob's videos (like me) here's 1.5 hours of it [www.facebook.com] - amazing to see a stream like this !

Note: exclusive to Shidoobee members.

Ghost Town was definitely played.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: October 5, 2021 12:43

Every second time you see Clifford, he's doing something with his hair

Posted by: Jeffer ()
Date: October 5, 2021 12:51

No I think it just looks like like depending on the light.
That bridge needs all strings to stay in place. There is no other support than the tention from the strings.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: October 5, 2021 12:51

Re: Pittsburgh show live updates - Monday 4-Oct-2021 - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour new
Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: October 5, 2021 12:21

Three string guitar?

so when they said they where going back to basics they really meant it didn't theywinking smiley

what songs did he use this guitar on tonight

Date: October 5, 2021 12:56

He play's the intro in open G, just as he did with the Winos.The sounds reminds of a Telecaster. After the intro is done, ha changes to the Gibson Les Paul Jr with standrad tuning. Look att the clip where he is hiding in the beginning and Ronnie's guitar is the only you can hear during the switch.

[www.youtube.com]

Date: October 5, 2021 12:57

dead.flowers
Three string guitar?

No I think it just looks like like depending on the light.
That bridge needs all strings to stay in place. There is no other support than the tention from the strings.

Date: October 5, 2021 12:58

AllAboutYours

He play's the intro in open G, just as he did with the Winos.The sounds reminds of a Telecaster. After the intro is done, ha changes to the Gibson Les Paul Jr with standrad tuning. Look att the clip where he is hiding during the intro and Ronnie's guitar is the only you can hear.

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-05 13:00 by Jeffer.

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: October 5, 2021 13:13

Nooo...he does not change the guitar...and open-G with The Winos? Really?

Date: October 5, 2021 13:15

Jeffer
He play's the intro in open G, just as he did with the Winos.The sounds reminds of a Telecaster. After the intro is done, ha changes to the Gibson Les Paul Jr with standrad tuning. Look att the clip where he is hiding in the beginning and Ronnie's guitar is the only you can hear during the switch.

[www.youtube.com]

No, he doesn't. And he didn’t with the Winos.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: October 5, 2021 13:21

GREAT photos BV. Tell me/us… somehow you seem to have superb pics taken from slightly above ground/pit level. They don’t seem to be taken from IN the bottom of the pit. You’re looking straight at the band, even slightly DOWN on them occasionally. Do you levitate???smiling smiley

Rod

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: October 5, 2021 13:54

bitusa2012
GREAT photos BV. Tell me/us… somehow you seem to have superb pics taken from slightly above ground/pit level. They don’t seem to be taken from IN the bottom of the pit. You’re looking straight at the band, even slightly DOWN on them occasionally. Do you levitate???smiling smiley
Bjornulf is just really tall

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-05 13:54 by StonedRambler.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: October 5, 2021 14:01

DandelionPowderman
Jeffer

[www.youtube.com]

No, he doesn't. And he didn’t with the Winos.
I think I might have been played in open E. It sounds similar to the original version which is in Open E. You can definitely hear that it's a different guitar, does not sound like the LP Junior but rather like a Fender - judging from that one Youtube video that is available.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 7 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2065
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home