Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Mick Jagger Appreciation Thread
Posted by: bobo ()
Date: October 3, 2021 18:52

Bastion
treaclefingers
Bastion
lem motlow
Doom and Gloom is a kick ass rocker.it’s featured in the highest grossing movie of all time, Avengers-Engame.
If you watch the You Tube video you’ll see comment after comment “these old guys rock!” “the stones still got it!”, I’m surprised they’re not playing it.

Ghost Town sold a couple million downloads and was the talk of social media as well as tv and print media.
I can’t count the times I read” The Stones sum up how we all feel” it’s just a quality song, if you dig up the thread almost everyone on this site liked it.

Mick just doesn’t stop.it’s really a sight to behold,he keeps the band current
and their name out there.works out, eats right, keeps his voice strong, travels around the world constantly,negotiating tours, designing stages.
Mick is one of a kind, that energy really is something never seen before.

You live in a fantasy world.

If you don't see all this, then I'm afraid you live in a sad world.

One thing I’ve learnt from this site over the years is how out of touch and incorrect the majority of posters are with the modern music scene and current trends. It’s then hilarious to watch those same posters proclaim some overly grandeur statement about the Stones’ place in the same industry.

I’m a huge Stones fan and think Mick is an incredible frontman. But the Stones are a pure legacy act.

Only funny thing hete must be you, who talks like you sit on the facts. What planet are you on,really?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 3, 2021 18:59

bobo
Bastion
treaclefingers
Bastion
lem motlow
Doom and Gloom is a kick ass rocker.it’s featured in the highest grossing movie of all time, Avengers-Engame.
If you watch the You Tube video you’ll see comment after comment “these old guys rock!” “the stones still got it!”, I’m surprised they’re not playing it.

Ghost Town sold a couple million downloads and was the talk of social media as well as tv and print media.
I can’t count the times I read” The Stones sum up how we all feel” it’s just a quality song, if you dig up the thread almost everyone on this site liked it.

Mick just doesn’t stop.it’s really a sight to behold,he keeps the band current
and their name out there.works out, eats right, keeps his voice strong, travels around the world constantly,negotiating tours, designing stages.
Mick is one of a kind, that energy really is something never seen before.

You live in a fantasy world.

If you don't see all this, then I'm afraid you live in a sad world.

One thing I’ve learnt from this site over the years is how out of touch and incorrect the majority of posters are with the modern music scene and current trends. It’s then hilarious to watch those same posters proclaim some overly grandeur statement about the Stones’ place in the same industry.

I’m a huge Stones fan and think Mick is an incredible frontman. But the Stones are a pure legacy act.

Only funny thing hete must be you, who talks like you sit on the facts. What planet are you on,really?

Funny thing Bastion, is that for some weird reason you think that it would be shocking news for some of us to learn that a 60 year old band that are or are practically in their 80s, might be anything other than a legacy act.

What makes you think we don't understand that?

But look at the legacy, and more pertinent to this thread, look at the lead singer's contribution to that legacy or modern pop music.

What point are you actually trying to articulate? That there are other younger acts out there putting out new music while the Stones aren't?

We got it, thanks for the heads up.

If there is a more delicate point that I'm missing, please do share.

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: October 3, 2021 19:11

Mick is really great, because getting to that age that way doesn't happen by accident. Mick I'm sure he makes a lot of sacrifices to still be Mick Jagger.
The thing that amazes me, however, is his voice, when I attended a Rod Stewart concert a few years ago, I thought that it is really true, of Mick Jagger there is only one, let's say that Rod was embarrassing, while Mick he is always the master of the stage and enjoys himself as well.
I like to think that Charlie from up there made Mick and Keith realize that life is too short to spend fighting.

Posted by: Four Stone Walls ()
Date: October 3, 2021 19:28

Mick was in worse voice from '75 to '82.

And -75-76 he was not in great shape either.

And he is far more dedicated and professional now than then.

So much kudos.

And especially under present circumstances.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: October 3, 2021 19:41

That is not true. Sir Michael's voice was in good shape (that he sometimes manhandled it is another matter) up until the mid 90s. Then it went horribly nasal.
Of course he has learnt how to handle that on stage. But that doesn't mean his voice is "great" in any manner. Fewer gigs and longer in between is a blessing for him I guess.

Date: October 3, 2021 20:27

I'll argue the past elsewhere Stoneage. Really here to appreciate the present.
I will say, though, that giving up smoking made a big difference.

I think after '82 and before '89. He sounds good live in '88.

Posted by: RG ()
Date: October 3, 2021 20:42

Mick Jagger will always be my inspiration.
He is just amazing. 78 years old.. can you imagine?

Date: October 3, 2021 21:46

RG

The Stones are my parents age...there is no comparison.

In fact, it's almost an argument in favour of abusing drugs for much of your life.

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: October 3, 2021 21:55

The question I am asking myself is which dive bar in Pittsburgh is Sir Mick visiting tonight to partake of his pre-show beverage? Will Instagram shots of Mick 'man of the people' Jagger thwarting public recognition in photogenic locations be a feature of this tour? I certainly hope so.

Posted by: Rocktiludrop ()
Date: October 3, 2021 22:04

Paddy
Jaggers a one off, there will never be another. He could have been an athlete. He’s in amazing shape for 78.

It's nothing to do with being an athlete, most athletes are dead by age 78, it's something other than that.

Posted by: bam ()
Date: October 3, 2021 22:05

Lady Jayne
The question I am asking myself is which dive bar in Pittsburgh is Sir Mick visiting tonight to partake of his pre-show beverage? Will Instagram shots of Mick 'man of the people' Jagger thwarting public recognition in photogenic locations be a feature of this tour? I certainly hope so.

He’ll be walking on water at the junction of the Allegheny and the Monongahela, where they meet to form the Ohio River. smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-03 22:07 by bam.

Posted by: Mariuana ()
Date: October 3, 2021 22:30

Love Mick. What a man, what a person, what a soul, what a brain, what a look, what a talent. I'm sure it's not easy to be him but he goes on, never complains, blames nobody and just keeps shining. True inspiration and class, god bless him.

Date: October 3, 2021 22:45

Lady Jayne

The Rolling Gnome?! eye popping smiley cool smiley

Posted by: Rocktiludrop ()
Date: October 3, 2021 23:19

Mariuana
Love Mick. What a man, what a person, what a soul, what a brain, what a look, what a talent. I'm sure it's not easy to be him but he goes on, never complains, blames nobody and just keeps shining. True inspiration and class, god bless him.

Lovely post and so true. thumbs up

Date: October 4, 2021 00:17

treaclefingers
RG

The Stones are my parents age...there is no comparison.

In fact, it's almost an argument in favour of abusing drugs for much of your life.

That's right.

Parents, they never listen do they?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-04 00:18 by Four Stone Walls.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: October 4, 2021 02:37

There is no one like Mick Jagger and I doubt there ever will be again. He never ceases to amaze.

When I was at school and sent off to attend church every Sunday, I used to spend the entire service gawping at my bookmark, which was a newspaper photo I had of Mick wearing a red military jacket. I can picture it still.

All these decades later, if in my sleep I dream of any Stone today, it's always Mick, even though I would expect it to be Keith.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: October 4, 2021 08:51

Can you believe he is 78, the same age as Joe Biden?

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: October 4, 2021 11:47

NilsHolgersson

Can you believe he is 78, the same age as Joe Biden?

Wow, now that comparison is crazy!

Critics can certainly pick-apart, postulate and pontificate on the virtues and flaws of Mick Jagger, but his place in music and popular culture was assured and solidified a while ago. According to a Wikipedia article on Jagger's legacy, he has been described as "one of the most popular and influential frontmen in the history of rock & roll" by AllMusic, MSN, and Billboard. I think that assessment pretty much sums it up...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-04 11:50 by Sighunt.

Posted by: Mariuana ()
Date: October 4, 2021 16:20

Beast
There is no one like Mick Jagger and I doubt there ever will be again. He never ceases to amaze.

When I was at school and sent off to attend church every Sunday, I used to spend the entire service gawping at my bookmark, which was a newspaper photo I had of Mick wearing a red military jacket. I can picture it still.

All these decades later, if in my sleep I dream of any Stone today, it's always Mick, even though I would expect it to be Keith.

oh god, that red military jacket that made military uniform fashionable among rock stars till this day. How many musicians wore military jacket after Mick? Wish there were more pics of that iconic outfit. video: [www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: October 4, 2021 19:41

Mariuana
Beast

oh god, that red military jacket that made military uniform fashionable among rock stars till this day. How many musicians wore military jacket after Mick? Wish there were more pics of that iconic outfit. video: [www.youtube.com]

Here's one pic with the Guardian article - I think you can see it in person at the London Fashion Design museum at the moment!! Lent to the exhibition by Jagger. He and Keith must have some fabulous items in their closets.

[www.theguardian.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-04 19:42 by Lady Jayne.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: October 4, 2021 19:54

Words can't do justice to the essence of Mick Jagger. All of the accolades, all of the superlatives don't come close to describing him. How do you summarize this kind of phenomenon? Certainly there has never been nor will there ever be another like him. Personally I owe him a huge debt of gratitude for enriching my life in hundreds of ways. I often try to imagine what my life would have been like without Mick & Company...all of those concerts, recordings, interviews...meeting him twice, mind-blowing encounters...the soundtrack of my life for sure. Thank you, Mick for everything...and that covers a lot of ground! May you continue to dazzle and amaze all of us for as long as it pleases you!

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: October 4, 2021 20:17

Only two hours ago I talked to my 14 years young grand daughter, while taking her to a tennis training center (her dad had to work ..) about ... Mick Jagger. She recognized "She Said Yeah" on my CD player, obviously linked to that perfume brand commercial. I told her that the song was from 1965 (her dad was minus 15 years young at the time. And then I told her he was jumping all over the stage in the USA like a 14 years young kid (her age), but ... he is 78 years "old" and possibly seen by around 1 million fans this time. Her granddad (me grinning smiley) is "only" 73 years of age. And when I told her that only two weeks ago The Rolling Stones (off course she knows who they are grinning smiley) performed at a private party of 300 people and were possibly paid some 6 million US Dollars (just guessing) for just over an hour and half, she was flabbergasted ...
Ah how good it is to be a Rolling Stones fan ... Mick ... you're from outer space for sure winking smiley

smileys with beer

I'm a GHOST living in a ghost town

Posted by: coffeepotman ()
Date: October 4, 2021 20:56

Not much more that I can add that has already been said. He is my hero.
They don't make rockstars like that anymore, not that they ever did, he is in a class all alone. And pure class that is.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: October 4, 2021 21:04

Mick Jagger is totally my idol!

- he was a Rolling Stone from the start
- he started writing songs with Keith turning the Stones from a cover band into a creative group
- a lot of those songs turned into legendary tracks and so did the albums in the 70s
- he's a rock legend but he didn't die at 27
- he was super famous in the 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, 00s, 10s, 20s and still acts kind of normal, compared to people like Machine Gun Kelly who have maybe 1 hit song and get totally crazy
- he's almost 80 years old and is still way more energytic then most 20-year olds I know
- he bedded like 4000 women, most of them super hot models
- he has a lot of kids all over the world but still spends time with them
- he's a great harmonica player
- he was the bad guy in a sciencefiction movie called Freejack
- he doesn't let bad things get in the way of putting on a great show and having a good time
- he almost always produces top quality content (forget the 80s)
- he reinvented the Stones several times to keep them relevant
- he keeps the Stones train runnin' and never let them derail
- he knew all the legendary people in the music business like James Brown and David Bowie but doesn't brag about it
- he thinks about what to do in the future instead of thinking about his past like most people his age do, even though his past is like a million times more interesting than others'
- he's always smiling even though he can't get no satisfaction

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1833
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home