Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Mick Jagger Appreciation Thread
Posted by: bam ()
Date: October 3, 2021 00:59

I’ve always been more a Keith fan. I share Keith’s attitude towards knighthood and worrying about fancy society. And Charlie was my darling.

But, wow, Mick is amazing. The willpower and talent to do what he does at age 78 is unbelievable. His physical conditioning —- even after the heart procedure — and determination to carry on are so impressive.

All props to Mick Jagger.

Re: Mick Jagger Appreciation Thread
Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: October 3, 2021 01:11

I can just second that. He puts on an absolutely amazing performance and the belt he's wearing right now is the one he was wearing a lot on the a bigger bang tour, you can see him wear it on the released Austin concert and shine a light. Fits him really well. It's not even easy to think about how old he is and how amazing he still performs, his power seems to never fade.

Posted by: Rocktiludrop ()
Date: October 3, 2021 01:22

Mick is a phenomenon, slowed down on stage now but connecting more with the core band and really putting the effort into his vocals, yep i love Mick again, what an inspiration, if he ever releases a keep fit book it will be worth it's weight in gold.

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: October 3, 2021 02:00

Nothing is more commanding than Mick coming to your area in the crowd with arms in the air - gets me going every time.

Posted by: Four Stone Walls ()
Date: October 3, 2021 02:01

He might even be mellowing (!)

As long as his good humour endures.

And take more risks Mick ( set-lists) - you always said that conservatism was the Stones'Achilles heel.

Or play a gig at Stonehenge at dawn on the June Solstice.

Or Something.

New.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-03 02:04 by Four Stone Walls.

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: October 3, 2021 02:25

His singing from what I’ve heard is great, better than1972.And that’s my favorite tour

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 3, 2021 02:32

MICK is AMAZING.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: October 3, 2021 02:36

I'd like to know if he's the only one writing the well known songs now. Rough Justice, Ghostown, Doom and Gloom, and all the restorations on the deluxe box sets.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 3, 2021 02:58

24FPS
I'd like to know if he's the only one writing the well known songs now. Rough Justice, Ghostown, Doom and Gloom, and all the restorations on the deluxe box sets.

I thought Rough Justice was the Keith b-side to Mick's Streets of Love A-side?

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 3, 2021 03:03

I'm not sure that any if those can be considered "well known" songs....most casual fans would give you a blank stare if you mentioned any of them.

"Doom and Gloom? Rough Justice? Ghost Town???"

Out of those three, Ghost Town is the only listenable one imo, and I'd live happily ever after if I never again hear the other two.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: October 3, 2021 03:09

Greatest front man on the planet.

Nate

Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: October 3, 2021 03:31

He is one hell of a harmonica player as well.

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: October 3, 2021 03:44

It boggles the mind. Most 78 year olds I know are lucky to walk without assistance let alone front the greatest r&r band in the world.

Posted by: BFR ()
Date: October 3, 2021 03:46

Bastion
Nothing is more commanding than Mick coming to your area in the crowd with arms in the air - gets me going every time.

Even at 78 years old, he has a magnetic charisma that is intoxicating.

Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: October 3, 2021 04:06

J.J.Flash
It boggles the mind. Most 78 year olds I know are lucky to walk without assistance let alone front the greatest r&r band in the world.

Last night I watched Jumping Jack Flash from Charlotte, and then watched the opener Street Fighting Man right afterward, and it was like there had been no change. Mick was as strong and into it at the end of the show as he had been at the start. You would think there would be some sort of tiredness showing after doing a whole show for someone his age singing and constantly moving with only one break, but he was just on.

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: October 3, 2021 04:37

Jaggers a one off, there will never be another. He could have been an athlete. He’s in amazing shape for 78.

Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: October 3, 2021 04:55

He is a real life Peter Pan. I am astounded at what he can physically do at his age.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 3, 2021 05:22

Lurv ya Mick ........

ROCKMAN

Date: October 3, 2021 07:45

Rockman
Lurv ya Mick ........

thumbs up

Posted by: SirCorto ()
Date: October 3, 2021 08:29

bam
I’ve always been more a Keith fan. I share Keith’s attitude towards knighthood and worrying about fancy society. And Charlie was my darling.

But, wow, Mick is amazing. The willpower and talent to do what he does at age 78 is unbelievable. His physical conditioning —- even after the heart procedure — and determination to carry on are so impressive.

All props to Mick Jagger.

I just can second this. Always a Keith fan, I understood when in Tel Aviv (2014) saw Mick live. The fact that he tried to please the crowd by telling a few Hebrew words just confirmed what was clear. His professionalism as an entertainer. He, at 71 then, had no reason to greet as about Shavuot (the Jewish holiday on the very day of the concert) or tell about Charlie that it's his "Yomuledet" (birthday in Hebrew) or in Hebrew that Ronnie "Kana et a naalaim ba shuk" (bought his shoes in the market. When I heard the Lisboa presentation I heard the same phrase in Portuguese). And of course this is the less important thing. The main, that seems obvious but is not, is how he keeps the crowd on, the band together, his energy. Every rock star wannabe must study this phenomena before he takes a microphone.

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: October 3, 2021 09:53

Frankly, he is like a living, breathing wonder of the world; that stamina, energy and flexibility at his age is unbelievable. More to the point his drive has kept this show on the road for years, especially, it seems to me, this last 15 years or so. Of course, the other principals, especially Keith, are important to the legend, but these latter years, the music is increasingly churned out by a bunch of session players (excellent and individually loved as they are) but what keeps it looking and sounding like the Rolling Stones is really Mick, now more than ever.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-03 10:50 by Lady Jayne.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: October 3, 2021 10:24

Paddy
Jaggers a one off, there will never be another. He could have been an athlete. He’s in amazing shape for 78.

But IF he had been an athlete we wouldn't see him like that now

Posted by: MartinB ()
Date: October 3, 2021 10:48

Also importantly, Mick is behind the re-issues and digging up old outtakes etc. He also does a lot of the organisation of the tours. Keeps them going and rolling.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: October 3, 2021 12:48

He is the best ever. The most complete. The most eclectic. The coolest.
Everyone can make the rankings they want...but
he has proven to be great in all genres of music: from blues to reggae, from ballads to rock-punk.
He was...he is...and he will always be the one true phenomenon.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-03 12:57 by KRiffhard.

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: October 3, 2021 14:09

Mick Jagger is Mick Jagger
Unique
A phenomenon of nature
He is like a Vulcano. No. Vulcanos are like him

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: October 3, 2021 15:55

Doom and Gloom is a kick ass rocker.it’s featured in the highest grossing movie of all time, Avengers-Engame.
If you watch the You Tube video you’ll see comment after comment “these old guys rock!” “the stones still got it!”, I’m surprised they’re not playing it.

Ghost Town sold a couple million downloads and was the talk of social media as well as tv and print media.
I can’t count the times I read” The Stones sum up how we all feel” it’s just a quality song, if you dig up the thread almost everyone on this site liked it.

Mick just doesn’t stop.it’s really a sight to behold,he keeps the band current
and their name out there.works out, eats right, keeps his voice strong, travels around the world constantly,negotiating tours, designing stages.
Mick is one of a kind, that energy really is something never seen before.

Date: October 3, 2021 16:01

lem motlow
Doom and Gloom is a kick ass rocker.it’s featured in the highest grossing movie of all time, Avengers-Engame.
If you watch the You Tube video you’ll see comment after comment “these old guys rock!” “the stones still got it!”, I’m surprised they’re not playing it.

Ghost Town sold a couple million downloads and was the talk of social media as well as tv and print media.
I can’t count the times I read” The Stones sum up how we all feel” it’s just a quality song, if you dig up the thread almost everyone on this site liked it.

and their name out there.works out, eats right, keeps his voice strong, travels around the world constantly,negotiating tours, designing stages.

You live in a fantasy world.

Date: October 3, 2021 16:10

Bastion
lem motlow

If you don't see all this, then I'm afraid you live in a sad world.

Date: October 3, 2021 17:18

treaclefingers
Bastion
lem motlow

If you don't see all this, then I'm afraid you live in a sad world.

One thing I’ve learnt from this site over the years is how out of touch and incorrect the majority of posters are with the modern music scene and current trends. It’s then hilarious to watch those same posters proclaim some overly grandeur statement about the Stones’ place in the same industry.

I’m a huge Stones fan and think Mick is an incredible frontman. But the Stones are a pure legacy act.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-03 17:19 by Bastion.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: October 3, 2021 17:27

Mick is an amazing guy in so many ways......... and has been since the 60's.

His name is known all over the world as 'The front man of The Rolling Stones.'

To a lot of people over 60 in the UK, he is a genuine Rock icon and a National Treasure. smileys with beer

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1930
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home