Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Mick and Keith Close Again
Posted by: PhillyFAN ()
Date: October 2, 2021 16:59

I have been a Stones fan since I first saw them in Philadelphia in 1969 when MT first joined. Mick and Keith are showing the affection they have for each other that I have not seen in decades. I imagine the loss of CW has made them realize how much they actually love each other and tje value of life.It is getting shorter with each show.It is really wonderful to watch them interacting together onstage again and showing affection. When I saw them holding hands and remembering CW it almost nrought tears. It be incredible if the remaing living Rolling Stones played an entire show or tour for the 60th.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-02 17:01 by PhillyFAN.

Re: Mick and Keith Close Again
Posted by: Topi ()
Date: October 2, 2021 17:01

You might have a point there. Now I didn't go, but I've read reports and seen some clips, definitely more interaction between the two it seems.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: October 2, 2021 18:02

There's much more interaction in general, and more body contact in particular.
Much of it is captured in photos, and noted by fans who were there.

I agree PhillyFAN, and thank you for this topic.

~"Love is Strong"~

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-02 18:02 by angee.

Posted by: rollingon ()
Date: October 2, 2021 21:29

PhillyFAN
I have been a Stones fan since I first saw them in Philadelphia in 1969 when MT first joined. Mick and Keith are showing the affection they have for each other that I have not seen in decades. I imagine the loss of CW has made them realize how much they actually love each other and tje value of life.It is getting shorter with each show.It is really wonderful to watch them interacting together onstage again and showing affection. When I saw them holding hands and remembering CW it almost nrought tears. It be incredible if the remaing living Rolling Stones played an entire show or tour for the 60th.

I thought exactly the same as you when I saw them holding hands....

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 2, 2021 22:06

Better late than never, and maybe this will encourage them to work on more new material...collaboratively...quality new material like the old days.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: October 3, 2021 01:02

Close again? They’ve been close for a long time.

Posted by: Rocktiludrop ()
Date: October 3, 2021 01:18

PhillyFAN

Yes it's clear to see, and they can't fake that, it's genuine, lovely to see and somehow Keith gains strength and confidence from it, Keith seems to be loving every second interacting with other band members too.

I wonder what settled their differences after all these years, there's no awkwardness between Mick & Keith and so supportive of each other again.

Mick and Keith also showing the love to Ronnie, Charlie's death might have made them all realise life is short so let's enjoy it while it lasts .

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: October 3, 2021 01:28

there’s been band member deaths in the Stones, and I’m sure it was different for them when Brian died, they were in their 20’s.. then Ian Stewart passed.. different then too. Maybe Charlie’s passing likely rocked them to the core.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: October 3, 2021 01:59

Darlin' if you want me to be
Closer to you, get closer to me
Darlin' if you want me to love
Love only you, then love only me
Darlin' if you want me to see
See only you, then see only me

Oh, there's a line
I can't cross over
It's no good for me
And it's no good for you
And there's a feelin'
Deep down inside me
I can't explain it and you're wondering why
You say we've been like strangers
But I'm not the others
You can wrap 'round your fingers

Darlin' if you want me to love
Love only you, then love only me
Darlin' if you want me to see
See only you, then see only me

There was a time
When you would come runnin'
You'd drop everything
For the touch of your hand in mine...

Seals & Crofts - Get Closer - 1976

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: October 3, 2021 02:44

duke richardson
there’s been band member deaths in the Stones, and I’m sure it was different for them when Brian died, they were in their 20’s.. then Ian Stewart passed.. different then too. Maybe Charlie’s passing likely rocked them to the core.

I'm sure it did. I think they've been a little fonder of Bill lately, too. They didn't cut him out of the Charlie tribute album, or the new video. I'm thinking the wonder of it all could be sinking in. Five individually talented musicians came together in London and forged a chemistry that was almost immediate. The Beatles had known each other since their mid-teens, and even knew Ringo a few years before he joined.

Except for Mick and Keith the Stones were strangers. Brian appears out of nowhere and gets the ball rolling. (no pun intended). Bill said in an interview he showed up answering an advert. I thought Tony Chapman and he were in a band together, and Tony went to play with the Stones and told Bill they were looking for a bass player. Add Charlie from the Alexis Korner scene, and bang. (Plus Ian). Untold bands were playing in England at the time. But this one was special. They are immortal. That has to make you pause and maybe be humbled by it all.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: October 3, 2021 09:40

I think this new found friendship between them started earlier then 2021 there were signs of the ice melting in 2019 too obviously what comes to mind is them shareing the same mic during dead flowers which for us fans is a powerful image and brings to mind performances of happy in the 70's and is not something you've seen them doing for decades
but what really stuck with me and i can't remember which show this happened but in the middle of midnight rambler just before the boston strangler bit keith put his arm around mick which he did a lot during mr on this tour but this time he whispered something in mick's ear and mick broke his concentration and he started laughing
it just stuck with because it was such a sincere intimate gesture that wouldn't have surprised me if it was between two people who i knew we're close friend but between mick & keith who are supposed to be able to barely stand each other it struck me as very odd
it seems that charlie's passing has brought the two of them closer then they have been in perhaps nearly 50 years I would like to hope that perhaps a big part of charlie's legacy will be sparking a final wave of productivity and renewed creativty between the glimmers in there final years as a band
then again maybe we as fans are just seeing what we want to see but I sure hope not

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: October 3, 2021 10:01

The hand holding at St Louis was touching. I don't hold out much hope for a renewal of joint song-writing productivity as I think those days are gone and they lead far too separate lives on different continents. But for their own sakes, it is nice to see some thawing of frost. Any day could be the last time they perform together and this might be the last big tour. It would be some consolation for the lost of Charlie, if they have come to recognise time is too precious not to forgive someone who was once a beloved friend.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1821
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home