Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Spotify - LA Friday missing?
Posted by: bakersfield ()
Date: October 2, 2021 13:32

I may be late to the party, but I'm enjoying making playlists on Spotify for the first time. Can anyone explain why LA Friday isn't there? Or of course, help me find it...

Re: Spotify - LA Friday missing?
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: October 2, 2021 14:00

Was the Audio of the 5 'From-The-Vault' releases (Hampton Coliseum 1981, L.A. Forum 1975, Tokyo Dome 1990, Leeds 1982, Marquee 1971) available via Streaming Services at all?

Posted by: S.T.P ()
Date: October 2, 2021 14:01

Dont't know if I can answer your question, but it seems no of the "from the vault" releases are on Spotify. I only use Spotify so I'm not shure if ie. Tidal or other services has another deal with Universal. Maybe Universal don't whant theese releases to be available for streaming. There might also be a oportunity for bying the releases for download, but I'm not shure. Maybe others on the forum knows?

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: October 2, 2021 14:03

The only From the Vault releases on Spotify are the Fonda and the No Security shows

Date: October 2, 2021 15:25

Thanks

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: October 2, 2021 17:30

I accidentally deleted all my ‘from the vault’ files. I purchased them when they were ‘only downloads’… there was an official site… I went to look for it but it is all gone.
I have them all on vinyl, but a digital file would be nice to have (again).

Also on Apple Music, not a trace… besides Brussels Affair.

Date: October 2, 2021 18:15

BowieStone

… there was an official site…

[www.StonesArchive.com]

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: October 2, 2021 22:47

Irix
BowieStone

… there was an official site…

[www.StonesArchive.com]

Yes, thanks… but all the links to download are dead.
But that was the site indeed… would love to restore what I bought.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: October 3, 2021 01:08

There is more stuff missing on Spotify. eg. Sweet Summer Sun.

Posted by: stonesstein ()
Date: October 3, 2021 02:49

Spotify is hardly complete insofar as official releases. No Sucking in the 70s, no Rarities, and thus, there are tracks unavailable. It DOES offer Ladies & Gentlemen, which is always better to have than not have.

stonesstein

Kick me like you did before
I can't even feel the pain no more
Rocks Off, 1972

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: October 3, 2021 17:30

Live in Texas is on Spotify.

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: October 3, 2021 17:55

I had to include a bunch if local files in my Spotify playlists then download those playlists to the devices I wanted to play them on.

Date: October 3, 2021 18:43

stonesstein
Spotify is hardly complete insofar as official releases. No Sucking in the 70s, no Rarities, and thus, there are tracks unavailable. It DOES offer Ladies & Gentlemen, which is always better to have than not have.

Sucking In The 70s is there.

Date: October 3, 2021 18:55

DandelionPowderman

Yep - it's under Compilations (not Albums) - [open.Spotify.com] .

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: October 3, 2021 20:02

It seems originally the decision was to not put the Vault stuff on Spotify so that fans had to buy the physical products if they wanted the audio. That's why all the early From The Vault releases are missing. Then from 2016 on or so they put every new release on Spotify (I think Totally Stripped was the first one) but they still haven't put the older ones up (Marque, Hampton, LA Forum, Tokyo Dome etc.)

Date: October 3, 2021 21:32

And I think it is mind blowing to have Brussels Affair on Spotify - after so many years it is just sitting there.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: October 3, 2021 21:37

Spotify ruins everything and shouldn't be used or subscribed to

Posted by: stonesstein ()
Date: October 4, 2021 05:02

DandelionPowderman
stonesstein

DandelionPowderman, thank you for pointing that out. I periodically check compilations, and I would swear it was not there some months ago, because I wanted "Everything's Turning to Gold" and couldn't find it.

stonesstein

Kick me like you did before
I can't even feel the pain no more
Rocks Off, 1972

Date: October 4, 2021 09:25

Nikkei

Would you care to justify this high-handed statement, Nikkeij?

Streaming is so all pervasive now, that you may as well try to stop the waves like King Cnut. (Had to type carefully there.)

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: October 4, 2021 15:47

Goodness only knows why I don't start streaming music .

I'd never again have to worry about wearing my stylus out !

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: October 4, 2021 16:16

I'm really not a fan of Spotify but my family is.

I buy the music I like in CD and store it in various forms for easy access when I don't have access to my CDs or want to bother with the CD.

The rest of my family wanted instant access to a wide range of music so this was the answer.

They basically got tired of 80% of the music being mine from my music player on family trips since I owned much more than they did. We cancelled SiriusXM though so cost-wise was a wash.

I haven't bothered yet to search for all of my ~4500 preferred songs, I just pulled them in from my "local files", with limited results.

Sure is A LOT of room for improvement.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-04 16:17 by kovach.

Date: October 4, 2021 21:11

bakersfield
Nikkei

Would you care to justify this high-handed statement, Nikkeij?

Streaming is so all pervasive now, that you may as well try to stop the waves like King Cnut. (Had to type carefully there.)

I've read an article about it I'll try to post the link if I'm able to relocate it. In short, it's about conformity. Musicians produce their songs in a way that is catering to the streaming business, trying to put everything in the first 20 seconds so the listener with the short attention span doesn't skip. If you like one thing, it will play you ever more of the same. Everything seems to converge into the same easy-listening soundscape. New acts can't get a break because a handful of established top acts who divide up the bulk of attention among each other. Small bands make scraps off streaming but are told that it's the new way of being signed and they aren't NOT offered a deal. Of course all of that doesn't apply when we're talking about acts that made records before streaming was a thing

edit: here it is [www.theguardian.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-04 21:15 by Nikkei.

Date: October 4, 2021 21:28

Rereading it now, what I forgot about was the totalitarian aspect we've all come to know in some way: Musicians hate it, but can't afford to complain about it. “Please don’t put that in,” they panic after slagging it off. “I really need it to support my new album.”
Which is why it's cool of bands like the Stones who can afford not to give a shit have already spoken out against it: [www.theguardian.com]

Date: October 4, 2021 21:30

I love my vinyls. I love my CDs. Hard copies are always nice.

But: Spotify is just so good. You turn on any Stones song and if you didnt select an album, then Spotify continues to select songs for you and it turns out to be a cool mixtape. It never amazes me what kind of songs Spotify comes up with.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: October 5, 2021 08:40

I have two iPod Classics and listen to my music through a, now antiquated, ‘Beats by Dre Beatbox. I do wonder how I’d adapt to Spotify, as my speaker doesn’t have Bluetooth. There’s so much more I need to learn about streaming music, before I make a switch of sorts. I’m sure I’ll do so at some point. It does seem inevitable.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: October 5, 2021 08:52

Big Al
I have two iPod Classics and listen to my music through a, now antiquated, ‘Beats by Dre Beatbox. I do wonder how I’d adapt to Spotify, as my speaker doesn’t have Bluetooth. There’s so much more I need to learn about streaming music, before I make a switch of sorts. I’m sure I’ll do so at some point. It does seem inevitable.

Go to Wal-Mart and get a cheap Bluetooth speaker. Some even have a 3.5 mm input, so you can still plug in your iPods.

Get the free version of spotify, or a promo for the paid version.

It's an easy learning curve. You'll wonder why you didn't do it sooner.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: October 5, 2021 08:56

MingSubu
Big Al

Go to Wal-Mart and get a cheap Bluetooth speaker. Some even have a 3.5 mm input, so you can still plug in your iPods.

Thank you for the advice thumbs up

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: October 5, 2021 09:00

Big Al
MingSubu
Big Al

Thank you for the advice thumbs up

Something like this

[www.amazon.com]

The amount of music on spotify is crazy. You'll find new artists left and right.

Quick beginners guide.

[www.rateyoursound.com]

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-05 09:07 by MingSubu.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1623
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home