Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Mick Jagger goes unnoticed at a small North Carolina bar: 'Regular, old bloke'
Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: October 1, 2021 23:07

Elmo Lewis
duke richardson
DandelionPowderman
The very same place The IORR Band were booked to play the day before the Stones's gig in Charlotte in 2020 smiling smiley

Yes! David (mr.dja) and I went to the Thirsty Beaver yesterday. Brian Wilson, who booked us, was there. We talked about our disappointment not getting to do that, last year. But this year.. omg Mick Jagger walks into his bar .. !smileys with beer

Was great to meet you two yesterday. Met a number of fantastic Stones fans!

Loved "19th" - crowd was really singing the "here it comes, here it comes, here it comes" part. Steve did a nice job, too. Ditto Sasha.

Hey, great to meet you too, Elmo ! The Stones were great. great to hang with y’all some.

Re: Mick Jagger goes unnoticed at a small North Carolina bar: 'Regular, old bloke'
Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 2, 2021 04:35

I went there and asked for the beer Mick had. I got this beer:

Coors Edge (Non-Alcoholic brew)

I have pictures etc - it will go into my Charlotte part of stoneslife.org.

Bjornulf

Posted by: HalfNanker ()
Date: October 2, 2021 04:55

Green Lady
I don't believe a word of it. These things are staged.

Nice story for sure and cool of mick to do it, but clearly not a candid shot. He obviously has someone there to take the pic for him and he is looking very posed!

Still I’d have loved to be in the bar that night!!

Any reports of how long he stayed? Did he even finish the beer??

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: October 2, 2021 05:20

HalfNanker
Green Lady
I don't believe a word of it. These things are staged.

Nice story for sure and cool of mick to do it, but clearly not a candid shot. He obviously has someone there to take the pic for him and he is looking very posed!

Still I’d have loved to be in the bar that night!!

Any reports of how long he stayed? Did he even finish the beer??

His driver, who likely also pre-fetched him the beer. And of course he posed, that was the point.

Mick has a thing for cool liquor signs I think. Have seen pics of him pose in front of a few in the past.
I witnessed him (his driver) taking a quick pic of him under a cool liquor sign in LA once as well.
A few sips, a quick pic and back in the nearby Mercedes is my bet.

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: October 2, 2021 06:30

"I'll order what Keith Richards is drinking."

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: October 2, 2021 07:07

A Rolling Stone walks into a bar and the bartender says, "what'll it be?"
The Rolling Stone answers, "Gimme seltzer."

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: October 2, 2021 12:30

The Thirsty Beaver Saloon (Charlotte, NC) in daylight:

Google StreetView

Date: October 2, 2021 21:45

Looks quite depressing from the outside.Like a 19th century prison cell.

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: October 3, 2021 09:18

Is that a red Stones tongue logo flag on the far left upper balcony? If so, I'll bet the people living there are beside themselves over missing Mick just a few feet away.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: October 3, 2021 11:57

It's a Liverpool FC banner, not a Stones tongue.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-03 12:05 by Topi.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: October 3, 2021 12:15

Topi

It's a Liverpool FC banner, not a Stones tongue.

And Google took these pictures with its StreetView-Cars in March 2020.

If you click/tap on the clock-icon in Google StreetView (upper left corner) you can go back to views from 2009: the Saloon was already there - but the building behind was constructed from end of 2016.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-03 12:20 by Irix.

Date: October 4, 2021 00:17

Soo cool that Mick has a beer like an ordinary guy in an ordinary pub -and even cooler, it works without beeing bothered! Well done Mick, I like it smiling smiley

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1804
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home