Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Mick Jagger goes unnoticed at a small North Carolina bar: 'Regular, old bloke'
Posted by: Turner ()
Date: October 1, 2021 06:22

Re: Mick Jagger goes unnoticed at a small North Carolina bar: 'Regular, old bloke'
Date: October 1, 2021 06:36

In other news...Cincinnati is 3-1 for the first time since 2018

Re: Mick Jagger goes unnoticed at a small North Carolina bar: 'Regular, old bloke'
Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: October 1, 2021 06:57

I’m guessing the name of the bar drew him in… hot smiley

Date: October 1, 2021 11:14

The very same place The IORR Band were booked to play the day before the Stones's gig in Charlotte in 2020 smiling smiley

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: October 1, 2021 11:52

One story said he was there "without security guards".

Yeah, right.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: October 1, 2021 11:57

I don't believe a word of it. These things are staged.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 1, 2021 12:03

The Beach Boys set it up ....
Brian Wilson is behind the whole thing ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: October 1, 2021 12:13

Green Lady
I don't believe a word of it. These things are staged.

Yeah, why take the risk, everyone knows what's at stake. M. or D. can't have been very far !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: October 1, 2021 13:17

I could see someone like Bob Seger being able to do this, because a lot of people still have an image stuck in their heads of him looking the way he did in the 1970s, and of course, he doesn't look like that anymore. Age has given him the perfect disguise. But Mick Jagger? No matter how old he gets, he still looks like Mick Jagger. There's virtually nowhere in the United States he could go without being recognized.

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: October 1, 2021 13:35

This guy has worked hard with the photo editing apps to get clues

[jeremymarkovich.substack.com]

I think it was staged and the setting of the open bar right on the sidewalk would have enabled a very quick 'in and out'. That said, I do think even the very famous can work out ways to avoid public recognition when they choose and our usual reaction if we notice them is to think it's someone who looks like MJ not MJ. I'm pretty sure I've seen him twice over the years (both at and on Eurostar) - dressed and behaving unobtrusively and not getting much public attention.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: October 1, 2021 14:05

Lady Jayne

I think it was staged and the setting of the open bar right on the sidewalk would have enabled a very quick 'in and out'. That said, I do think even the very famous can work out ways to avoid public recognition when they choose and our usual reaction if we notice them is to think it's someone who looks like MJ not MJ. I'm pretty sure I've seen him twice over the years (both at and on Eurostar) - dressed and behaving unobtrusively and not getting much public attention.

Not even sunglasses...

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: October 1, 2021 14:16

There must have been a bodyguard nearby

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: October 1, 2021 14:33

Rockman
The Beach Boys set it up ....
Brian Wilson is behind the whole thing ...

Rockman...Conspirationist... Always a good seller...

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: October 1, 2021 14:35

Taylor1

Mick usually has two of them in tow. At least one.

Hell, they follow him as he goes up and down the catwalk at shows!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-01 14:36 by Topi.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: October 1, 2021 14:38

Lady Jayne

Ever seen Mick's cameo in The Bank Job? He can look very, very ordinary if he wants to. But he does look like Mick Jagger here.

Date: October 1, 2021 15:25

Jagger was also spotted eating in the private dining room of Charlotte restaurant La Belle Helene.

'Seen!! @MickJagger - lead singer of The @RollingStones - spotted having dinner last night at @LaBelleHelenCLT,' Charlotte Paparazzi tweeted.

Date: October 1, 2021 15:50

Taylor1

Well someone took the photo. The setting of this area of the bar right on the sidewalk would allow a bodyguard to have done that fairly easily without remark. As for not wearing sunnies - that is the right thing to do if you don't want to stick out like a sore thumb after dark!

Date: October 1, 2021 15:57

Green Lady
Lady Jayne

Ever seen Mick's cameo in The Bank Job? He can look very, very ordinary if he wants to. But he does look like Mick Jagger here.

Yes, he knows a lot about acting and the illusion business and he's had a lifetime of being very famous and working out a way to live his life. He knows how to turn down the Mick Jagger mega-wattage persona when he needs to - he really isn't that facially distinctive (especially now he is older and the lips are less striking). Dress unobtrusively, cut the entourage, and move differently and a lot of people won't notice if they aren't expecting to see MJ.

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: October 1, 2021 16:22

2003. Ronnie Wood art show here in Milano. Exchanged a few words with a very nice lady at the bar. Only later I was told she was Lisa Fischer ...

C

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: October 1, 2021 17:53

Which beer is that?

Posted by: MichaelLassen ()
Date: October 1, 2021 20:19

There´s a rumor that the owner is a fan and when Mick ordered an Irish Coffee he got on with a crusial element missing ;-)

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: October 1, 2021 21:25

The Joker

Which beer is that?

"The beer that was disputed to either be a Miller Lite or Michelob Ultra" - [www.DailyMail.co.uk] . Could also be a different beer brand - [iorr.org] - [www.Amazon.com] .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-02 13:05 by Irix.

Date: October 1, 2021 21:33

Assuming this was staged to get publicity for the tour, you have to hand it to Mick for the lengths he will go to to flog tickets. The man is heroic.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: October 1, 2021 21:39

Irix
The Joker

Which beer is that?

"The beer that was disputed to either be a Miller Lite or Michelob Ultra" - [www.DailyMail.co.uk] .

We know it wasn't a Heineken as the guy on the left was drinking. Heineken would have put it in a commercial already.

Date: October 1, 2021 21:49

Posted by: Torres ()
Date: October 1, 2021 22:14

Probably didn't even drink it to protect the larynx. Cool pic, though.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: October 1, 2021 22:17

DandelionPowderman
The very same place The IORR Band were booked to play the day before the Stones's gig in Charlotte in 2020 smiling smiley

Yes! David (mr.dja) and I went to the Thirsty Beaver yesterday. Brian Wilson, who booked us, was there. We talked about our disappointment not getting to do that, last year. But this year.. omg Mick Jagger walks into his bar .. !smileys with beer

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: October 1, 2021 22:24

Irix
The Joker

Which beer is that?

"The beer that was disputed to either be a Miller Lite or Michelob Ultra" - [www.DailyMail.co.uk] .

Mick Ultra

"No Anchovies, Please"

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: October 1, 2021 22:27

duke richardson
DandelionPowderman

Yes! David (mr.dja) and I went to the Thirsty Beaver yesterday. Brian Wilson, who booked us, was there. We talked about our disappointment not getting to do that, last year. But this year.. omg Mick Jagger walks into his bar .. !smileys with beer

Was great to meet you two yesterday. Met a number of fantastic Stones fans!

Loved "19th" - crowd was really singing the "here it comes, here it comes, here it comes" part. Steve did a nice job, too. Ditto Sasha.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: October 1, 2021 22:35

Elmo Lewis

Mick Ultra

.... Superior Light Beer .... [www.MichelobUltra.com] ....

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2057
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home