Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Ledge at back of pit?
Posted by: voodoodrew ()
Date: October 1, 2021 06:13

Is there a ledge on the wall at the back of the pit? Wife will be 7 months preggo for our local show and I’m trying to decide if the pit is a bad idea. Was thinking that, if there’s a ledge, we could hang out at the back and she could sit a bit if needed. Appreciate any insight!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-01 06:30 by voodoodrew.

Re: Ledge at back of pit
Posted by: snorton ()
Date: October 1, 2021 06:25

Put a question mark ar the end of your thread title, might get more responses?

Re: Ledge at back of pit?
Posted by: cyclist ()
Date: October 1, 2021 06:42

In 2019, if I recall correctly, there were a few ledges along the back---enough for one person to sit, like a small elevated platform probably intended for security to stand on (not that anyone did during the show, but it seems like that's what it was intended for). I sat on one for a bit, but there was only one every few feet, and it was in demand since people didn't really want to sit on the ground.

Posted by: 2120Joe ()
Date: October 1, 2021 07:18

Yes there is seating at the back of the pit. Attached to the rear barrier fence. It is not a solid ledge but many seats. Definitely could provide a break if needed.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: October 1, 2021 08:50

The big question is does your wife want to be in the pit. If she doesn't get some seats. Think about her on this one or you may be paying for this in ways you don't yet know.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: October 1, 2021 13:31

voodoodrew
Is there a ledge on the wall at the back of the pit? Wife will be 7 months preggo for our local show and I’m trying to decide if the pit is a bad idea. Was thinking that, if there’s a ledge, we could hang out at the back and she could sit a bit if needed. Appreciate any insight!
avoid it

Posted by: John1982 ()
Date: October 1, 2021 13:59

voodoodrew

I went to the Stones show in Stuttgart 2018 together with my wife being pregnant in the 6th month. We were also thinking about the pit and gladly decided against it. It's not just the show that will be exhausting. It's also getting to and back from the venue and so on.

Posted by: rlj1010 ()
Date: October 1, 2021 14:03

At the last show in 2019, in Miami, I was in the pit. I was front and center but not on the barrier. Packed like a sardine and while the view was great, I was miserably uncomfortable.

By the time we got to YCAGWYW, I felt my body give out and I was going to faint from heat exhaustion. Had to exit the pit for a little while, and get some water.

When I returned a couple songs later I decided to stay in the front but all the way on the far side where I could be up against the rail and it was far less crowded. 1000x better for me. Not a huge concentration of people when you're on the sides and leaning on the rail, it wasn't as bad on my feet. The view was still great from the front sides. And being on the rail, I had no tall people blocking my view.

You might want to try that.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1807
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home