Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213Next
Current Page: 11 of 13
Re: Charlotte show live updates - Thursday 30-Sep-2021 - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: October 1, 2021 18:15

Just waking up after last night’s amazing show. #40 for me, and they were as great as ever. Simply magnificent.

Re: Charlotte show live updates - Thursday 30-Sep-2021 - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: MelBelli ()
Date: October 1, 2021 18:22

dcba
MelBelli

Keith tuned down half-step.

He's in E flat cos the version of "Troubles" that's on the TY reissue is in A flat (unlike the 2 bootlegged versions that are in A and can be on a guitar tuned to standard).

I realize that. What I’m wondering about is whether he’s using the same guitar in standard tuning. De-tuning can require a set-up to keep things stable. Keith (or rather Pierre) is conservative about single-application guitars: yellow Gibson capoed at 7, for instance, for MR and OOC; and Tele capoed at 4 or 5 for TD and YCaGWYW.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: October 1, 2021 18:25

Lady Jayne

- GS and Satisfaction

[www.youtube.com]

Around 11.40 Keith stops playing. Mick shouts "KEEP THIS UP!" and Keith adds a few bars! Wonderful!

Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: October 1, 2021 18:32

Lady Jayne
jahisnotdead

I liked what I saw and heard from St. Louis, but they sure seem to have stepped it up a notch on this show. Can't wait to watch more later!

If you are interested another Youtuber has edited a bunch of recordings from St Louis into a 'whole show' with some very good quality footage.

[www.youtube.com]

Thank you very much!

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: October 1, 2021 18:33

dcba
Lady Jayne

- GS and Satisfaction

[www.youtube.com]

Around 11.40 Keith stops playing. Mick shouts "KEEP THIS UP!" and Keith adds a few bars! Wonderful!

And about 13.55 Mick and Keith in each other's faces having a great time winding it up! Real joyful smiles.

Date: October 1, 2021 18:37

MelBelli
dcba
MelBelli

Keith tuned down half-step.

He's in E flat cos the version of "Troubles" that's on the TY reissue is in A flat (unlike the 2 bootlegged versions that are in A and can be on a guitar tuned to standard).

I realize that. What I’m wondering about is whether he’s using the same guitar in standard tuning. De-tuning can require a set-up to keep things stable. Keith (or rather Pierre) is conservative about single-application guitars: yellow Gibson capoed at 7, for instance, for MR and OOC; and Tele capoed at 4 or 5 for TD and YCaGWYW.

He probably has two of those Telecasters.

Posted by: dimrstone ()
Date: October 1, 2021 18:38

At 1:26 Keith's caress to Mick last night in Charlotte
[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: runaway ()
Date: October 1, 2021 18:56

Thanks for posting pix&vids

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: October 1, 2021 19:02

But what happened to Mick? He looks really great! He has incredible energy ...

Posted by: Rocktiludrop ()
Date: October 1, 2021 19:38

DandelionPowderman
His playing sounds the same to me. Still very good.

Yes but Keith's movement on JJF etc, he hasn't been that fluid and mobile since 2003.

Posted by: CamRS ()
Date: October 1, 2021 19:46

This was my sixth Stones show since 2013 and my first PIT experience. The excitement of seeing the band up so close helped me deal with Charlie not being there.

The band sounded great, and stand out songs for me were SFM, 19th Nervous Breakdown, but really every song was great. I’m not an audiophile, so I don’t really pay attention to the subtle differences between Charlie and Steve. Sure, I could hear differences in songs like Paint It Black, but I really felt Mick, Ronnie and Keith’s energy where I was situated, that I wasn’t really thinking about anything else besides how much I enjoyed the music I was hearing.

This was supposed to be my last Stones show, but now I kind of want to go to Pittsburgh, lol.

*Edited to add that I am having trouble sharing my pics.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-01 20:06 by CamRS.

Posted by: FloridaStoner ()
Date: October 1, 2021 19:53

Great opening. [youtu.be]

Posted by: FloridaStoner ()
Date: October 1, 2021 19:55

Charlotte encore. [youtu.be]

Date: October 1, 2021 20:30

Before they make me run

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 1, 2021 20:41

The first reports and pictures from Charlotte are now published on the IORR editorial pages:

The Rolling Stones
Bank of America Stadium
Charlotte NC USA
Thursday September 30, 2021

Bjornulf

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: October 1, 2021 21:11

I get a real kick out of those criticizing their colorful clothes...what would you prefer they wear...just jeans and a sloppy t-shirt? Why would anyone bother to make such an insipid comment? I guess they're forgetting that not everyone has a great seat and the Stones try to be SEEN by those way back as well as those lucky enough to be in the front...why did I even bother to reply to this??
From the clips I've seen, the band is pulling out all the stops...let's give them credit for the enormous effort this takes, especially given the circumstances.

Date: October 1, 2021 21:17

mickschix
I get a real kick out of those criticizing their colorful clothes...what would you prefer they wear...just jeans and a sloppy t-shirt? Why would anyone bother to make such an insipid comment? I guess they're forgetting that not everyone has a great seat and the Stones try to be SEEN by those way back as well as those lucky enough to be in the front...why did I even bother to reply to this??
From the clips I've seen, the band is pulling out all the stops...let's give them credit for the enormous effort this takes, especially given the circumstances.

I love the idea that Keith picked out that yellow headgear so that he could be seen at the back - much like HM the Queen! Seriously though, I didn't realise people were criticising the wardrobe. I think they are all looking and dressing great so far, and was even contemplating starting a No Filter fashion thread to celebrate Keith's St Louis tiger shirt and the co-ordinated damson accents of their Charlotte opening outfits, only I can't work out how to upload photos!

Posted by: BFR ()
Date: October 1, 2021 22:50

Sockers56
Just got back from Charlotte. I went to the will call window & we got Pit. First time in the Pit & my friend and I were overjoyed to say the least!!!!

Congrats on scoring great tickets! Looked like an awesome show.

Date: October 1, 2021 22:51

Lady Jayne
Before they make me run

[www.youtube.com]

Some serious weaving here! thumbs up

Date: October 1, 2021 23:14

Thank you Lady Jayne for posting these fantastic YouTube links. Great footage! I especially enjoyed getting to see Ronnie up close on LIB. Much appreciated! smileys with beer

ron and keith - beautiful together (charlotte, before tmmr)
Posted by: thomashanck ()
Date: October 1, 2021 20:32

charlotte - [www.youtube.com]

take a look at 4:38,
this could be a great picture for iorr-frontpage,
laughing at each other,
the whole scene 3:58 until the end is wonderful,
it is sooooooo good to see the boys playing like this

Re: ron and keith - beautiful together (charlotte, before tmmr)
Date: October 1, 2021 22:25

thomashanck

laughing at each other,

Wow thanks thomashanck, that was absolutely brilliant to see them like that, Keith really seems to be spreading the love this tour, do they know something we don't.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: October 1, 2021 23:22

notice that
thumbs up

Date: October 1, 2021 23:30

thomashanck

laughing at each other,

Anybody that can watch that without a huge grin on their face is made of stone. I love them so much!!

Date: October 1, 2021 23:37

BFR
Thank you Lady Jayne for posting these fantastic YouTube links. Great footage! I especially enjoyed getting to see Ronnie up close on LIB. Much appreciated! smileys with beer

You are most welcome Darlin'. I am loving some of this footage we are getting so close to the event.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: October 1, 2021 23:42

BFR
thomashanck

laughing at each other,

Anybody that can watch that without a huge grin on their face is made of stone. I love them so much!!

Right???

The Glimmers messing with each other and then Keith messing Mick's hair during Satisfaction another wonderful moment in a night that saw many.
@13:45 ish
video: [youtu.be]

Date: October 1, 2021 23:49

MisterDDDD

Right???

The Glimmers messing with each other and then Keith messing Mick's hair during Satisfaction another wonderful moment in a night that saw many.

Pure delight on all of their faces! It’s like mainlining dopamine to watch grinning smiley

Date: October 1, 2021 23:53

MisterDDDD
BFR
thomashanck

laughing at each other,

Right???

My mistake, it was on Sympathy

Date: October 2, 2021 00:07

yeababyyea
Love how Ronnie is laughing at Keith's mistake at 3:33.

At about 1.18 Keith does something strange ?

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: October 2, 2021 00:41

sat next to a couple last night seeing their first RS show, about halfway through satisfaction he nearly learned to dance, it was that good.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213Next
Current Page: 11 of 13

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1849
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home