Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213Next
Current Page: 10 of 13
Re: Charlotte show live updates - Thursday 30-Sep-2021 - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: October 1, 2021 14:14

CrosseyedHeart
One of the absolute best shows of the 13 I have seen since 1975. Simply amazing in every way. DO NOT miss them! Yes, I miss Charlie, but I know he would be very happy and proud of his band.
They sound great from the crappy YouTube video s I’ve heard.Wish they were coming to New YorkCity

Re: Charlotte show live updates - Thursday 30-Sep-2021 - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: October 1, 2021 14:19

They sure don´t dress like Muddy Waters. More like seven year old girls that are left alone with all of mummys colourful dresses..."Look at me! Yellow! Pink! Blue!" I can´t hear the music through that... cool smiley

Posted by: yeababyyea ()
Date: October 1, 2021 14:34

Love how Ronnie is laughing at Keith's mistake at 3:33.

Date: October 1, 2021 14:47

Is it just my impression that Mr. Jordan now does play softer than before?

This seem to be decent version of Let it Bleed.

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: October 1, 2021 14:50

I just woke up....and I am humming BS.....ffs...people need to get a life. TGIF everyone!

Date: October 1, 2021 14:51

BTW, seems Keith's fingers can still spread very well :-)

[youtu.be]

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: October 1, 2021 14:57

Haven't seen many clips yet, but I thought that Let It Bleed version was just great!

Date: October 1, 2021 14:58

Topi
Haven't seen many clips yet, but I thought that Let It Bleed version was just great!

thumbs up

Posted by: Rocktiludrop ()
Date: October 1, 2021 15:01

jumpingjackflash5

[youtu.be]

Keith is back, question is where has he been since 2003

Date: October 1, 2021 15:13

His playing sounds the same to me. Still very good.

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: October 1, 2021 15:24

From clips, the 3 remaining members were sounding really great - Mick and Keith especially. Obviously it’s not really the same and can’t be compared to previous shows as there’s no Charlie, but still, great sounding guitars and vocals for their age.

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: October 1, 2021 16:29

Forgive me if this has been posted elsewhere but good footage of LIB and the interactions on stage

[www.youtube.com]

Date: October 1, 2021 16:36

Troubles a'Comin'

[www.youtube.com]

JJF

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: MelBelli ()
Date: October 1, 2021 16:39

Rocktiludrop
jumpingjackflash5

[youtu.be]

Keith is back, question is where has he been since 2003

The sound of that Tele in standard is so much more pleasant than the 335 (the way Keith plays them, at least). Now if we could just get him to dump the single cutaway Junior he’s playing on Satisfaction and Sympathy. Then we’d be getting somewhere.

Date: October 1, 2021 16:43

Lady Jayne
Troubles a'Comin'

[www.youtube.com]

JJF

[www.youtube.com]

Thanks, that JJF was fabulous!

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: October 1, 2021 16:43

Nice review

Review: Mick Jagger puts on astonishing show in Charlotte. Was it the pimento cheese?

[www.yahoo.com]

Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: October 1, 2021 16:51

Lady Jayne
Troubles a'Comin'

[www.youtube.com]

JJF

[www.youtube.com]

Wow. The video of Trouble's A Comin is amazing. The band is so tight, and everyone is so focused and into it! Sasha and Bernard looking like they are grooving, the whole horn session really listening. Keith seems to have stopped doing rock star posing, so those moments when he's connecting with Steve and Ron look so genuine. And Mick is in great voice. Really outstanding performance.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: October 1, 2021 16:53

jumpingjackflash5
Is it just my impression that Mr. Jordan now does play softer than before?

Yeah I had that feeling too. He now plays more with the wrist than with the shoulder?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-01 17:31 by dcba.

Charlotte - Thursday 30-Sep-2021 - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: October 1, 2021 16:59

Date: October 1, 2021 17:00

Date: October 1, 2021 17:01

Posted by: MelBelli ()
Date: October 1, 2021 17:01

jahisnotdead
Lady Jayne
Troubles a'Comin'

[www.youtube.com]

JJF

[www.youtube.com]

Wow. The video of Trouble's A Comin is amazing. The band is so tight, and everyone is so focused and into it! Sasha and Bernard looking like they are grooving, the whole horn session really listening. Keith seems to have stopped doing rock star posing, so those moments when he's connecting with Steve and Ron look so genuine. And Mick is in great voice. Really outstanding performance.

Keith tuned down half-step. Is that the same Tele he uses on “Nervous Breakdown”? Would seem risky to use the same guitar if that’s the case.

Date: October 1, 2021 17:02

Date: October 1, 2021 17:04

I'm watching Sympathy right now, and really impressed. It's even better than expected. I just love the interaction and smiles between Keith, Ron, and Darryl. It's like there is no audience. It's something special.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: October 1, 2021 17:30

MelBelli

Keith tuned down half-step.

He's in E flat cos the version of "Troubles" that's on the TY reissue is in A flat (unlike the 2 bootlegged versions that are in A and can be on a guitar tuned to standard).

Date: October 1, 2021 17:34

Those Jim Powers YouTube videos are really good. I'm going to have to watch Jumping Jack Flash again later with a good sound system cranked up, because that was an A+ performance. Many shows near the end Mick can sometimes get shouty, but he's really singing well even at the end of the show here. You'd think it was ten or twenty years ago from the way he moves.

And the band is a tornado! It's such a serious pleasure to see Ron, Keith, and Darryl all moving like a hydra - seriously. All of them just playing their hearts out on a song they've played countless times before. How do they make it fresh? how is it even possible? I mean, they were seriously attacking the song and playing like it mattered.

I love the way Keith is not playing to the crowd and really just laser focusing on Darryl, Ron, Steve, and the music. I've rarely seen Keith disregard the audience like that. I love it because he's so into it.

I liked what I saw and heard from St. Louis, but they sure seem to have stepped it up a notch on this show. Can't wait to watch more later!

Re: Charlotte - Thursday 30-Sep-2021 - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: dkwalika ()
Date: October 1, 2021 17:37

bye bye johnny

@BofAstadium

Fantastic sound, video, and vibe!

Date: October 1, 2021 17:42

jahisnotdead
Those Jim Powers YouTube videos are really good. I'm going to have to watch Jumping Jack Flash again later with a good sound system cranked up, because that was an A+ performance. Many shows near the end Mick can sometimes get shouty, but he's really singing well even at the end of the show here. You'd think it was ten or twenty years ago from the way he moves.

And the band is a tornado! It's such a serious pleasure to see Ron, Keith, and Darryl all moving like a hydra - seriously. All of them just playing their hearts out on a song they've played countless times before. How do they make it fresh? how is it even possible? I mean, they were seriously attacking the song and playing like it mattered.

I love the way Keith is not playing to the crowd and really just laser focusing on Darryl, Ron, Steve, and the music. I've rarely seen Keith disregard the audience like that. I love it because he's so into it.

I liked what I saw and heard from St. Louis, but they sure seem to have stepped it up a notch on this show. Can't wait to watch more later!

Worth bookmarking that Youtube channel as he's uploading more. The audio is great and the visuals capture a lot of activity other than Mick, on whom most amateur footage understandably focusses.
Here's the latest:

- SFM and LSTNT

[www.youtube.com]

- GS and Satisfaction

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: October 1, 2021 17:44

What is it with these sticks Jordan is using? They look like toys

Date: October 1, 2021 17:45

jahisnotdead

If you are interested another Youtuber has edited a bunch of recordings from St Louis into a 'whole show' with some very good quality footage.

[www.youtube.com]

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213Next
Current Page: 10 of 13

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1994
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home