Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Troubles A’. Comin’
Posted by: bart-man ()
Date: September 30, 2021 06:34

I like the new version very much. It’s got a clean sound with fresh Jagger vocals in it.

https://open.spotify.com/track/23nMus52RvNEwzQhy79gvR?si=OnrZX3NvTmi_H0fYLJrktA&dl_branch=1]Troubles a comin’[/url]

Re: Troubles A’. Comin’
Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: September 30, 2021 10:17

Lyric video on YouTube:

https://youtu.be/31BSyRHqTwE

Posted by: BlueTurns2Grey ()
Date: September 30, 2021 11:08

bart-man
I like the new version very much. It’s got a clean sound with fresh Jagger vocals in it.

https://open.spotify.com/track/23nMus52RvNEwzQhy79gvR?si=OnrZX3NvTmi_H0fYLJrktA&dl_branch=1]Troubles a comin’[/url]

jahisnotdead
Lyric video on YouTube:

https://youtu.be/31BSyRHqTwE

Thanks for the links.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-30 11:09 by BlueTurns2Grey.

Posted by: kkhoranstoned ()
Date: September 30, 2021 12:10

I like this..hope to hear it tonight

Posted by: thomashanck ()
Date: September 30, 2021 14:54

from which year is this song ?

which overdubs ?

Posted by: ribbelchips ()
Date: September 30, 2021 14:58

Wow, quite different from the "50 fully finished" version. But not better, unfortunately. I like the music, but Jaggers singing is...too smooth, or clean or whatever you wanna call it. And not 'convincingly' Like he sat when he sung it instead of standing.. For the first time on these 'deluxe' versions, 'Trouble' feels out of place to me. It really doesn't sound as a late 70's song like the rest of Tattoo You.

Following the River, Scarlett, No Spare Parts.. They all sounded like real leftovers from that era. This really sounds like a modern Stones song. Which still is nice, but.. well.. weird on a 1981 re-issue.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-30 14:59 by ribbelchips.

Posted by: coffeepotman ()
Date: September 30, 2021 15:07

I like it very much, it will fit in nicely in my "new" Stones album collection.
Agree it doesn't sound very 70's but we the FFO version for that

Date: September 30, 2021 15:19

I think Mick did an excellent job with his vocals and the backing vocals arrangement. And I really like Ronnie's new guitar track.

The sound they made in that studio is nothing but amazing. This is my Stones.

Way better than the early version, for me thumbs up

Posted by: CamRS ()
Date: September 30, 2021 15:41

It’s always jarring to hear a finished version of an outtake. I don’t mean that in a negative way, I mean that you get so used to hearing one version of an outtake, that the finished version takes a couple listens for me to get used to.

I love what they did with this song. They really punched it up and made it more exciting than the original outtake. It makes me want to clap along to it, lol.

I think the band tends to do a better job with the late 70’s era outtakes than with the early-mid seventies. Maybe it’s because modern Mick meshes better with the music.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: September 30, 2021 16:09

DandelionPowderman
I think Mick did an excellent job with his vocals and the backing vocals arrangement. And I really like Ronnie's new guitar track.

Can't wait to hear, is the backing track still from the '71-'73 era? The Chi-lites version is terrific, FF sounded kind of pale in comparison

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 30, 2021 16:11

DandelionPowderman

smileys with beer

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 30, 2021 16:22

Not liking the way Ronnies solo comes blaring out of nowhere...guess it will takes some getting used to, but it sticks out like a sore thumb imo.
The original has the pure essence, while this all seems manufactured and a bit artificial with the modern sound...maybe a bit too much with the "finishing touches".

Posted by: Four Stone Walls ()
Date: September 30, 2021 16:40

Could someone please post a link to the original version?

Jaggers vocals here do sound to me too manicured. Am with ribbelchips there.
But will be good to hear his original ones.

And originally from '72 sessions? Or possibly from IORR ones?

If so, then not out of place on TY because at least two other tracks from that era on TY. And some from '75. It wasn't all late-seventies stuff. About half maybe.

Great to hear some Bill!!

This new TY release may ba a bit of a Bill bonanza infact!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-30 20:17 by Four Stone Walls.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: September 30, 2021 16:41

DandelionPowderman

Have you noticed the TY-reissue version is a half-step lower than the one on the Ffso boot? That makes the song a bit slower and smoother and Jagger's vocals are also softer.
It's MUCH better than the Ffso version imo.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: September 30, 2021 16:55

thomashanck

from which year is this song ?

1979 according to Martin Elliott's StonesSessions - [Twitter.com] , [StonesSessions.com] - (S0684, Appendix - Session List).

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: September 30, 2021 17:02

The Lyric video seems to be gone ?

Wow, weird that they reworked it so much, it worked pretty well as it was on FFSO I'd say. The occasional "who who whos" are a nice addition though.

Vocals are ok (sounds like they were sung through the same B&L mics) but that guitar really sounds like it was flown in (like the first part of the solo in LIAHL) when it comes in at 0:05...surely Mick and whoever produced it would have noticed if I can !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: September 30, 2021 17:06

Just heard it, much better than expected compared to FF Outtakes. Now this is the Stones Fully Finished...NICE Can't wait to see who does background vocals...drinking smiley

Posted by: wiredallnight ()
Date: September 30, 2021 17:49

gotdablouse
The Lyric video seems to be gone ?

No:

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: September 30, 2021 18:03

Cool song,

Lyric videos suck.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: September 30, 2021 22:05

i like it a lot, good job mick

Posted by: drewmaster ()
Date: September 30, 2021 22:05

Very nice, especially those harmony backing vocals, which remind me of "Through the Lonely Nights".

Is that Taylor on lead guitar?

Drew

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: September 30, 2021 22:09

drewmaster
Very nice, especially those harmony backing vocals, which remind me of "Through the Lonely Nights".

Drew
The base track was recorded in 1979. So Taylor is on lead for sure winking smiley

Posted by: drewmaster ()
Date: September 30, 2021 22:22

ironbelly
drewmaster

Drew
The base track was recorded in 1979. So Taylor is on lead for sure winking smiley

?? Taylor left the band in '74.

Drew

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: September 30, 2021 22:25

drewmaster

Credits: [www.Qobuz.com] - (i)-Button.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: September 30, 2021 23:14

ironbelly
drewmaster

Drew

It's assumed it's from 1979 because it first leaked with ER material but it's not something we know for sure, I don't think anyone's seen studio logs for instance. It could have been an earlier recording they pulled out for the ER sessions to work on it again, like they did in Rotterdam in 1975. "Munich Reggae" and "Let's Do It Right" were also part of some ER leaks. After all the original song is from 1970 !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: October 1, 2021 01:39

Re: Troubles A’. Comin’ new
Posted by: Four Stone Walls ()
Date: September 30, 2021 16:40

Could someone please post a link to the original version?

Jaggers vocals here do sound to me too manicured. Am with ribbelchips there.
But will be good to hear his original ones.

And originally from '72 sessions? Or possibly from IORR ones?

If so, then not out of place on TY because at least two other tracks from that era on TY. And some from '75. It wasn't all late-seventies stuff. About half maybe.

Great to hear some Bill!!

This new TY release may ba a bit of a Bill bonanza infact!
here ya go

for my part i love it and to my ear it definitely seems to be from the er sessions has the feel and sound of the other outtakes from those sessions

Posted by: BFR ()
Date: October 1, 2021 02:06

Thanks for the link, Wolf. I think I like the new version better but glad to hear the old one. What a lovely photo on that YouTube link, too eye popping smiley

Posted by: johnypar ()
Date: October 1, 2021 02:19

Prefer the old version by far, the new one too polished

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: October 1, 2021 02:34

gotdablouse
ironbelly
drewmaster

Drew

It's assumed it's from 1979 because it first leaked with ER material but it's not something we know for sure, I don't think anyone's seen studio logs for instance. It could have been an earlier recording they pulled out for the ER sessions to work on it again, like they did in Rotterdam in 1975. "Munich Reggae" and "Let's Do It Right" were also part of some ER leaks. After all the original song is from 1970 !

This is a good point. We really don't know (or we 'know' if we just take the known facts as granted and all the interpretation is based on them; nothing else matters). During the "IORR sessions" they made a few cover songs (the idea initially was to make a half side of the album consisting of soul and R&B covers to go with the live cuts on the other side), so who knows if "Trouble" was originally one of them. Like "Drift Away" and "Ain't Too Proud To Beg" (somehow it suits to IORR sessions better than to ER ones - to think what the band was like and up to at the given time).

- Doxa

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-01 02:42 by Doxa.

Date: October 1, 2021 12:03

Maindefender
DandelionPowderman

Can't wait to hear, is the backing track still from the '71-'73 era? The Chi-lites version is terrific, FF sounded kind of pale in comparison

It was recorded in 1979, wasn't it?

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1364
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home