Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

B stage ?
Posted by: chrism13 ()
Date: September 29, 2021 04:09

So it seems there is no b-stage songs this time out? Looks like the stage set up is the same. Did they venture out to the middle of the field more often ...or perform any songs out there? In the past Keith & Ron would venture out during Miss you if I recall...and last time Mick did the duet out there for Gimmme Shelter. I like the B stage set!!!

Re: B stage ?
Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: September 29, 2021 04:23

chrism13
So it seems there is no b-stage songs this time out? Looks like the stage set up is the same. Did they venture out to the middle of the field more often ...or perform any songs out there? In the past Keith & Ron would venture out during Miss you if I recall...and last time Mick did the duet out there for Gimmme Shelter. I like the B stage set!!!

Do you see the set list?

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: September 29, 2021 04:24

No B set, but Mick was out there a fair amount, including with Sasha on GS

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: September 29, 2021 04:53

Mick came out a good amount, Ronnie once, Keith didn't.. I was near the end of the catwalk and Mick was quite playful and funny out there

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-29 04:55 by snoopy2.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: September 29, 2021 13:07

snoopy2
Mick came out a good amount, Ronnie once, Keith didn't.. I was near the end of the catwalk and Mick was quite playful and funny out there

Keith was out on the catwalk during Slipping Away, but mostly he stayed back close to Steve's drum kit.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: September 29, 2021 13:20

I think the guitarists always have a hard time hearing themselves if they venture too far out, as they don't use in-ear monitoring like Mick.

Date: September 29, 2021 13:28

Green Lady
snoopy2

Keith was out on the catwalk during Slipping Away, but mostly he stayed back close to Steve's drum kit.

Didn't he also get out on it during another number, passing Mick?

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: September 29, 2021 13:31

Just the 3 of them walking out there makes no sense. 2019 was probably the last tour with b-stage.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: September 29, 2021 14:11

DandelionPowderman
Green Lady
snoopy2

Don't know. I'm working from videos, not from being there.

Date: September 29, 2021 14:19

Green Lady
DandelionPowderman
Green Lady
snoopy2

Don't know. I'm working from videos, not from being there.

Same here smiling smiley

This was the incident Dean Goodman mentioned in his review (Keith tried to greet Mick on the catwalk, but Mick was too focused and passed him).

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: September 29, 2021 14:28

Stonesfan2146
Just the 3 of them walking out there makes no sense. 2019 was probably the last tour with b-stage.

Who knows, there was no B-Stage set from 2012 to 2018 after all !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: September 29, 2021 17:56

DandelionPowderman
Green Lady
snoopy2

Yes he did venture a bit, I meant he didn't come out to the end B stage area like he sometimes did during the past smiling smiley

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: September 30, 2021 03:10

gotdablouse
Stonesfan2146

Who knows, there was no B-Stage set from 2012 to 2018 after all !

True. The existence of the catwalk doesn’t necessarily mean it has a B-stage although we sometimes confuse them.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 30, 2021 03:54

The B-stage set was one of the highlights of the '19 leg - over the course of four shows I was able to see:

Play With Fire
Sweet Virginia x 4
Let it Bleed
Dead Flowers x2

All stripped down bare bones and no bells and whistles in a casual/informal setting ...just the band on a mini-stage for an impromptu set in the middle of an enormous stadium surrounded by tens of thousands.
Seemed to work better than B-stages of the past as the sound seemed to be much better, and/or maybe I just appreciated it more during this latter era. Wish they'd do it again, but I guess covid put an end to it.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 30, 2021 09:55

Definitely going to miss the B stage this tour as well.

Although I was also dreading seeing them walk out and be there without Charlie.
Was the one place where over the years you could get up close to him and really watch him play.

Was always an extra special thrill for me, a lot of times even seeing him from behind and was great even when he was surrounded by plexiglass.

If they brought it back, or did similar at the end of the catwalk, it would be cool if it was just the Glimmers now doing acoustic duets.
Country Honk, Angie, Wild Horses etc. No shade intended for Ronnie at all, but this would be fantastic now imo.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-30 09:56 by MisterDDDD.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1538
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home