Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6
Re: Mick Jagger on the Howard Stern Show - SiriusXM, September 29
Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: September 30, 2021 18:54

RollingFreak
LeonidP
RollingFreak
LeonidP
RollingFreak
Howard has absolutely been given a list of "do not discuss topics". This is no longer your Howard of 20 years ago.

No longer the same Howard, agreed. But he absolutely has NOT been given a list of do not discuss topics, and if he was, he would ignore it.

You clearly don't know how much Howard has changed. He absolutely takes Do Not Discuss topics nowadays because thats the only way he's gotten certain people on. Sorry, this isn't an opinion, its just a fact. He had Hillary Clinton on last year and you think he was given carte blanche? Not a chance.

Didn't matter here, he was too nervous to ask anything even slightly untoward.

I clearly do know how much he's changed, it's probably the only reason Mick agreed to come on. If he did not discuss something, it was NOT because of a Do Not Discuss list, it was because he chose not to. You clearly do not know much about Howard, if you did, you would know that he refuses to accept Do Not Discuss lists, even today.

Sorry, and I won't continue to cause a fight here cause I feel like its rude, but I really think you're far off your mark. Do you think Howard also isn't wearing a wig because he says so? Howard lies all the time. Almost every word out of his mouth is one. You don't in any way know for a fact he refuses Do Not Discuss lists as much as I don't vice versa. But I'm sorry, I really think you're off basing in assuming that. It used to be the case, it is unfortunately not anymore.
He is not the same guy at all since Beth neutered him .

Date: September 30, 2021 18:56

I have seen this up close and personal this technique done to several men , even though they are in total and complete denial (it's not only a river in Egypt you know )

Date: September 30, 2021 19:05

Why else would Mr. Sir agree to the interview request ? Think about that for a second ? In the old days they wouldn't go near him because of his reputation of eviscerating his guests .

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: September 30, 2021 19:08

TheGreek
RollingFreak
LeonidP
RollingFreak
LeonidP
RollingFreak
Howard has absolutely been given a list of "do not discuss topics". This is no longer your Howard of 20 years ago.

No longer the same Howard, agreed. But he absolutely has NOT been given a list of do not discuss topics, and if he was, he would ignore it.

You clearly don't know how much Howard has changed. He absolutely takes Do Not Discuss topics nowadays because thats the only way he's gotten certain people on. Sorry, this isn't an opinion, its just a fact. He had Hillary Clinton on last year and you think he was given carte blanche? Not a chance.

I clearly do know how much he's changed, it's probably the only reason Mick agreed to come on. If he did not discuss something, it was NOT because of a Do Not Discuss list, it was because he chose not to. You clearly do not know much about Howard, if you did, you would know that he refuses to accept Do Not Discuss lists, even today.

Sorry, and I won't continue to cause a fight here cause I feel like its rude, but I really think you're far off your mark. Do you think Howard also isn't wearing a wig because he says so? Howard lies all the time. Almost every word out of his mouth is one. You don't in any way know for a fact he refuses Do Not Discuss lists as much as I don't vice versa. But I'm sorry, I really think you're off basing in assuming that. It used to be the case, it is unfortunately not anymore.

haha, funny way to put it, but totally agree. Again, although I am sure its still funny and entertaining somewhat, I stopped listening myself as it wasn't close to the same show anymore.

Posted by: Marhsall ()
Date: September 30, 2021 19:17

I've never like Howard Stern but the interview was decent.

It was interesting Mick was asked about his father.

Too bad it wasn't longer.

"Well my heavy throbbers itchin' just to lay a solid rhythm down"

Posted by: rlj1010 ()
Date: September 30, 2021 19:19

The interview could have been many hours longer. It was over before it even started.

Posted by: kv2915 ()
Date: September 30, 2021 19:22

I think Mick purposely gave very long answers so it limited questions for a 40 min interview. I think he did enjoy it so maybe he would go back.

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: September 30, 2021 19:26

Cooltoplady
Paddy
Cooltoplady
The Sicilian
Rokyfan

Mick just said they can only do two ballads a show so there’s no room

It would be rough without Nicky anyway

That answer is a stock cop out. This show hasn't changed in years...decades. His big ego won't let him make adjustments. This entire show should have been revamped a half dozen tours ago. Even towards the end of the St. Louis show, Jagger was running out of gas and slowing down considerably—which is totally understandable. Besides, Nicky Hopkins died 27 years ago.

I was at the show. He did sent slowing down. In fact he ty bed it up a gear.

You posted on the forum during the show. Were you actually there?

Yeah many people do. I will do the same at Pittsburgh and Vegas. Geex. What’s wrong with you?

That’s ok, you do you. Strange you had time or the inclination to chastise people here for their opinions while you were at the show having a good time.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: September 30, 2021 19:33

It was pretty boring yeah, here's a better interview

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: September 30, 2021 19:51

Paddy
Cooltoplady
Paddy
Cooltoplady
The Sicilian
Rokyfan

That answer is a stock cop out. This show hasn't changed in years...decades. His big ego won't let him make adjustments. This entire show should have been revamped a half dozen tours ago. Even towards the end of the St. Louis show, Jagger was running out of gas and slowing down considerably—which is totally understandable. Besides, Nicky Hopkins died 27 years ago.

Yeah many people do. I will do the same at Pittsburgh and Vegas. Geex. What’s wrong with you?

That’s ok, you do you. Strange you had time or the inclination to chastise people here for their opinions while you were at the show having a good time.

quite strange, indeed!

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: September 30, 2021 20:42

just listened to it, enjoyed it!

Date: September 30, 2021 20:50

LeonidP
TheGreek
RollingFreak
LeonidP
RollingFreak
LeonidP
RollingFreak

haha, funny way to put it, but totally agree. Again, although I am sure its still funny and entertaining somewhat, I stopped listening myself as it wasn't close to the same show anymore.
Same here as I stopped somewhere around 2013

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: September 30, 2021 23:30

So, Howard peaked as Mr Fartman?

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: September 30, 2021 23:30

Seems odd that no video clips have been posted on the Stern Show's social media.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: September 30, 2021 23:38

Mick might save a next appearance for when he wants publicity, like if he ever puts out another solo album. I wonder how long ago this interview was agreed to.

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: October 1, 2021 01:12

Paddy
Cooltoplady
Paddy
Cooltoplady
The Sicilian
Rokyfan

If you read what was posted you could understand. Mick didn’t slow down. That’s not an opinion. That’s just a wrong and stupid statement. Strange comment by you

Date: October 1, 2021 01:57

Audio stream, with thanks to Hapsnurker:

[mixcloud.com]

Posted by: kv2915 ()
Date: October 1, 2021 02:12

bye bye johnny
Seems odd that no video clips have been posted on the Stern Show's social media.

Howard isn’t in the studio. Hasn’t been since Covid. It was likely a zoom interview.

Date: October 1, 2021 02:30

While there haven't been any in-studio interviews, there have been numerous video calls. Clips from these interviews are posted regularly - like Dave Grohl on 9/28.

[twitter.com]

Date: October 2, 2021 21:37

@MickJagger speaks about Charlie Watts and shares what the @rollingstones drummer told the band about their current tour before he passed away.

Catch his FULL interview with @HowardStern
on @siriusxm
siriusxm.us/MickJaggerHSS

[twitter.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-02 22:53 by bye bye johnny.

Date: October 2, 2021 21:57

Posted by: KingmanBarstow ()
Date: October 2, 2021 23:25

For those with the SiriusXM app it is worth checking out last Thursday's Howard Stern Wrap Up Show which can be listened to on demand. The guest is Michael Pagnotta, a music publicist who has worked with many artists including time with The Stones. There is some good insight on the interview with Mick and also how these things are arranged.

Goto Page: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2088
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home