Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 5 of 6
Re: Mick Jagger on the Howard Stern Show - SiriusXM, September 29
Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 30, 2021 02:37

+1 Thanks ya kindly.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 30, 2021 03:34

treaclefingers
johnypar
gavin95
Full interview

[we.tl]

Very cool for me, as a Stones freak and Stern fan

Thanks thumbs up

smileys with beer

Thanks. smiling smileythumbs up

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: September 30, 2021 03:39

Howard shoulda played 'You Got To Move' in the background at one point.tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: September 30, 2021 04:16

Howard still does solid interviews….he’s done a lot with musicians and they are always entertaining. Was this a phone conversation like Tom Brady last year?

Posted by: KingmanBarstow ()
Date: September 30, 2021 04:33

Maindefender
Howard still does solid interviews….he’s done a lot with musicians and they are always entertaining. Was this a phone conversation like Tom Brady last year?

No phone, Howard said something to the effect from the start that it is good to see Mick. So this would have been on Zoom. Hopefully some video snippets tomorrow on the Sirius app or on YouTube. It’ll be good to see Mick again.

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: September 30, 2021 04:42

Boring interview.Why didn’t Howard ask him if Brian and Mick Taylor played guitar on Jumping Jack Flash and Waiting on a Friend respectively.Why didn’t he ask him if there are any completevideo or film recordings from the 1972 or 1972 tours.aOr if he has a film with sound of the complete 1968 New Music Express performance of JJ Flash and Satisfaction

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-30 04:44 by Taylor1.

Posted by: kv2915 ()
Date: September 30, 2021 04:48

Howard had 40 whole minutes and I'm sure it was designed to help promote the tour. He even said if Mick came back he wanted to talk about the catalog and how he writes etc..

Normally Howard gets twice as much time if not more. I also get Mick not wanting to talk for 2 hours on his day off while touring. That is a rigorous gig.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 30, 2021 04:54

kv2915
Howard had 40 whole minutes and I'm sure it was designed to help promote the tour. He even said if Mick came back he wanted to talk about the catalog and how he writes etc..

Normally Howard gets twice as much time if not more. I also get Mick not wanting to talk for 2 hours on his day off while touring. That is a rigorous gig.

And sounds like he was woken up early by some street preacher,, (Revvy??) winking smiley
Better that happen today than tomorrow sounds like.. although I wonder if he'll now move to a suite that doesn't hear street noise.

Was interesting to hear a bit more about his show day routine.
Very regimented..

Posted by: KingmanBarstow ()
Date: September 30, 2021 05:13

Taylor1
Boring interview.Why didn’t Howard ask him if Brian and Mick Taylor played guitar on Jumping Jack Flash and Waiting on a Friend respectively.Why didn’t he ask him if there are any completevideo or film recordings from the 1972 or 1972 tours.aOr if he has a film with sound of the complete 1968 New Music Express performance of JJ Flash and Satisfaction

This was not a boring interview. They are on tour. Time is of the essence and precious. The questions you state that should have been asked are more appropriate for a fan based website such as here. This would be your source if you want the answers. You don’t go and ask Mick Stones trivia questions like this on national radio.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-30 05:28 by KingmanBarstow.

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: September 30, 2021 05:47

Taylor1
Boring,unrevealing interview.How about asking some interesting questions like how does Mick write songs or albums with bad mixes like IORR.Even what his 5 favorite albums are.Although Howard may be richer than Mick
Do you ever have anything good to say? Ever ? You are so bitter and angry all the time. Chill out dude.

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: September 30, 2021 09:09

Cooltoplady
The Sicilian
Rokyfan

Mick just said they can only do two ballads a show so there’s no room

It would be rough without Nicky anyway

That answer is a stock cop out. This show hasn't changed in years...decades. His big ego won't let him make adjustments. This entire show should have been revamped a half dozen tours ago. Even towards the end of the St. Louis show, Jagger was running out of gas and slowing down considerably—which is totally understandable. Besides, Nicky Hopkins died 27 years ago.

I was at the show. He did sent slowing down. In fact he ty bed it up a gear.

You posted on the forum during the show. Were you actually there?

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: September 30, 2021 09:20

mickschix
Howard played " Let It Loose" as background music during the interview or after? That's my all-time favorite Stones song ( Along with Wild Horses) What did Mick say about why they never play it? I can guess....degree of difficulty.

Let it loose might be Jaggers beat vocal take. Brilliantly placed on the Exile track sequence.

Posted by: novica ()
Date: September 30, 2021 09:29

@gavin95
Thank you !

Posted by: Tumlin73 ()
Date: September 30, 2021 12:14

Thanks, Gavin.

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: September 30, 2021 12:23

The interview went so fast and for me it was a good interview. The talk about "The moves" was great. Mick stood up for Keith by telling Howard that Keith also had "moves". But during the songwriting part Mick had a little fun at the expend of Keith when he said about songs that Keith said "I wrote them but I don't remember them" Mick added ironically " but did he?"
Thank you Howard.
Rockandroll,
Mops

Posted by: still ill ()
Date: September 30, 2021 13:15

gavin95
Full interview

[we.tl]

Many thanks!

Posted by: Maya0104 ()
Date: September 30, 2021 14:08

gavin95
Full interview

[we.tl]

Hi gavin95,
Thanks for sharing!

Do you know by any chance if recording of Matt Everitt interview with Mick is still available?

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: September 30, 2021 15:08

Thanks for the link....Mick was definitely into the interview...Howard obviously loves the Stones and Mick....let It Loose indeed!!!!

Posted by: downagain ()
Date: September 30, 2021 15:15

Being the huge fan that he is, I hope Howard knows they played Let it Loose during the '72 tour rehearsals.

Posted by: kv2915 ()
Date: September 30, 2021 15:34

I don’t fault Howard for not knowing that. Mick didn’t remember them playing it ever either.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: September 30, 2021 15:38

I thought it was a really nice interview. When Stern interviewed Dave Grohl, he cut off Daves sentences a lot. It drove me crazy. Now it was a lot better. Maybe someone told him.

Posted by: chrism13 ()
Date: September 30, 2021 15:38

I loved the Howard mentioned Let It Loose ...and was delighted to hear Mick say something to the effect of Its a great song. I can only hope that sparked something in Mick to try it out live on stage.

Posted by: HalfNanker ()
Date: September 30, 2021 16:07

have any recordings of the show surfaced yet for us non Sirius people??

Posted by: bengigan ()
Date: September 30, 2021 16:15

HalfNanker
have any recordings of the show surfaced yet for us non Sirius people??

The link was replied to 6 and 7 posts above yours

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: September 30, 2021 18:04

LeonidP
RollingFreak
LeonidP
RollingFreak
Howard has absolutely been given a list of "do not discuss topics". This is no longer your Howard of 20 years ago.

No longer the same Howard, agreed. But he absolutely has NOT been given a list of do not discuss topics, and if he was, he would ignore it.

You clearly don't know how much Howard has changed. He absolutely takes Do Not Discuss topics nowadays because thats the only way he's gotten certain people on. Sorry, this isn't an opinion, its just a fact. He had Hillary Clinton on last year and you think he was given carte blanche? Not a chance.

Didn't matter here, he was too nervous to ask anything even slightly untoward.

I clearly do know how much he's changed, it's probably the only reason Mick agreed to come on. If he did not discuss something, it was NOT because of a Do Not Discuss list, it was because he chose not to. You clearly do not know much about Howard, if you did, you would know that he refuses to accept Do Not Discuss lists, even today.

Sorry, and I won't continue to cause a fight here cause I feel like its rude, but I really think you're far off your mark. Do you think Howard also isn't wearing a wig because he says so? Howard lies all the time. Almost every word out of his mouth is one. You don't in any way know for a fact he refuses Do Not Discuss lists as much as I don't vice versa. But I'm sorry, I really think you're off basing in assuming that. It used to be the case, it is unfortunately not anymore.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: September 30, 2021 18:10

I really enjoyed this.
Thanks Howard.
Thanks for posting, gavin95

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: September 30, 2021 18:22

gavin95
Full interview

[we.tl]

Thank you thumbs up

Date: September 30, 2021 18:26

Paddy
mickschix
Howard played " Let It Loose" as background music during the interview or after? That's my all-time favorite Stones song ( Along with Wild Horses) What did Mick say about why they never play it? I can guess....degree of difficulty.

Let it loose might be Jaggers beat vocal take. Brilliantly placed on the Exile track sequence.[

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-30 18:28 by Cooltoplady.

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: September 30, 2021 18:29

Cooltoplady
Taylor1
Boring,unrevealing interview.How about asking some interesting questions like how does Mick write songs or albums with bad mixes like IORR.Even what his 5 favorite albums are.Although Howard may be richer than Mick
Do you ever have anything good to say? Ever ? You are so bitter and angry all the time. Chill out dude.
Listen sweetie I am hardly bitter or angry about anything. I have a great life in New York , great wife and kids and enjoy my work as an attorney. You must have some boring life that you need to spend time critiquing what I say.

Date: September 30, 2021 18:31

Paddy
Cooltoplady
The Sicilian
Rokyfan

Mick just said they can only do two ballads a show so there’s no room

It would be rough without Nicky anyway

That answer is a stock cop out. This show hasn't changed in years...decades. His big ego won't let him make adjustments. This entire show should have been revamped a half dozen tours ago. Even towards the end of the St. Louis show, Jagger was running out of gas and slowing down considerably—which is totally understandable. Besides, Nicky Hopkins died 27 years ago.

I was at the show. He did sent slowing down. In fact he ty bed it up a gear.

You posted on the forum during the show. Were you actually there?

Yeah many people do. I will do the same at Pittsburgh and Vegas. Geex. What’s wrong with you?

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 5 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1940
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home