Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 2 of 6
Re: Mick Jagger on the Howard Stern Show - SiriusXM, September 29
Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: September 28, 2021 18:16

looking fwd to it

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: September 28, 2021 18:27

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: September 28, 2021 18:40

Too bad this didn't happen when Howard's interviews were actually good. Look for lots of stuff about how Mick's success results from trying to please his father. That's the standard Howard interview these days (at least before i stopped listeing to him).

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: September 28, 2021 18:58

Rokyfan
Too bad this didn't happen when Howard's interviews were actually good. Look for lots of stuff about how Mick's success results from trying to please his father. That's the standard Howard interview these days (at least before i stopped listeing to him).

Howard is an ok interviewer, but I do like the long form. His standard approach is to ask about career success, jealously, sex temptations, and professional resentments. Howard's a status-oriented, achievement-oriented guy who can be a bit petty and neurotic so that's himself coming through. He has a bad habit of cutting people off before they can answer.

Posted by: MichaelLassen ()
Date: September 28, 2021 19:00

Mick was never going to do an interview with Howard as he was in the 90’s. Et’s enjoy a rare Jagger interview and hope Howards new approach wil give us some cool insights.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: September 28, 2021 19:21

My main impression of Stern is that of Mr Fartman. From 1992:

Mr Fartman

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-28 19:30 by Stoneage.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: September 28, 2021 20:12

Rokyfan

You nailed it. People who don't ordinarily listen to Howard will like that its long form and rave about it. Those that know Howard will know he could do so much better. This'll be the same as when he had Robert Plant on there, except Plant called him on his shit and Mick will just smile and nod.

Posted by: KingmanBarstow ()
Date: September 28, 2021 20:22

Big Al
I enjoy Howard Stern’s interviews, so this’ll be one I’ll look forward to. I’m in the U.K., but his work seemingly ends-up on YouTube, so view it, I will at some point, I’m sure.

It was funny when he’d have Beetlejuice on the show. I wonder what happened to that guy?

I think that I heard a few months ago on the show that Beetlejuice is now off doing his own thing making money.

Well done Baba Booey (Gary, the Stern show's executive producer). He said that he's been working on getting this interview for 15 years.

Howard will be very respectful of Mick. This will be a good interview.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: September 28, 2021 20:45

I hope Stern is respectful. Will he talk about L'Wren and her suicide? There are some very delicate topics that will be very off-putting for Mick...and will he talk about some of Keith's comments in " LIFE"? If he goes there, Mick will shut him down. That will determine the tone of the interview. It will be interesting to see what Mick says about how the band is reacting to Charlie's passing...how personal Mick gets will depend entirely on Stern's approach. Stern is certainly less obnoxious than he used to be. I hope we all get to see it on YOUTUBE because I don't have Sirius Radio. I have confidence in Mick's ability to avoid the topics he has no interest in discussing.

Posted by: Kennedy ()
Date: September 28, 2021 21:11

For those commenting about whether Stern will be respectful, you have nothing to worry about.

He is nothing like the old Howard. He's become the male Ellen Degeneres, a total kiss-ass to his fellow elite.

It will be a very safe interview.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: September 28, 2021 21:11

It could be interesting. I listened to Howard for about 25 years, faithfully, until I'd had enough. For one thing I grew tired of hearing about people on the show. It seemed like a time killer. The show's heyday was the mid-90s, when it was truly funny, with voice genius Billy West (Stimpy) being hilarious. I finally fell out of listening, and never returned.

It did turn me on to Gilbert Gottfried, who has a fantastic podcast with Frank Santopadre. Comedian/comedy writer (The Simpsons) Dana Gould has a great one too. I will always appreciate Howard for breaking ground and taking chances, getting fired and fined along the way. I think he can do a better interview with Mick, now that Howard is more mature, and concentrates on interviews. He had Ron Wood on in the 90s and I learned nothing. It was shambolic with a lot of infantile questions.

Posted by: MelBelli ()
Date: September 28, 2021 21:17

Howard will be respectful to the point of sycophancy.

Mick is, by design, one of the least revealing interviews in the entertainment industry. I hope Howard does his homework asks good questions.

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: September 28, 2021 22:04

This will be interesting for sure

Howard 'how big is ya dick' Stern

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: September 28, 2021 22:43

Will Stern ask him about Brian,Altamont, Carly Simon, Bowie, Mackenzie Phillips, Nureyev,Keith's private parts,Margaret Trudeau, Bianca and Anita Pallenberg

Date: September 28, 2021 23:02

I don't think he will ask him anything embarrassing or strictly private. If he does Jagger won't reply to it anyway.
Jagger can't afford to be dismissive towards Stern, like he can with random journalists, though.

Date: September 28, 2021 23:02

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-28 23:05 by Stoneage.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: September 28, 2021 23:26

I wonder if he’ll bring up Keith’s remarks about Micks Member in the book. He’s talked about it often, attacking Keith for saying such things

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: September 28, 2021 23:55

Howard is still very funny. The show has changed but like with the Stones if you are addicted to it you can't stop listening.
Big day for me tomorrow as I've thought over the decades that the meeting would never happen.
Rockandroll,
Mops

Date: September 29, 2021 00:15

Howard has absolutely been given a list of "do not discuss topics". This is no longer your Howard of 20 years ago.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: September 29, 2021 00:19

Dave Grohl was today's guest. Howard told him how excited he was to interview Mick and Grohl related the "Eazy Sleazy" story of how Mick texted him completely out of the blue.

Howard also mentioned having Mick for 40 minutes, but hopes he'll stay longer.

Posted by: BFR ()
Date: September 29, 2021 00:22

Does anyone know how long after an interview it typically takes for the show to be uploaded to Stern’s YouTube channel? I have SiriusXM in my car but would love to watch it, too.

Date: September 29, 2021 01:53

BFR
Does anyone know how long after an interview it typically takes for the show to be uploaded to Stern’s YouTube channel? I have SiriusXM in my car but would love to watch it, too.

Stuff is typically up within the next day or two but from past experience it's usually snippets only and not the entire interview. You can also (as a subscriber to the service) download the SiriusXM app on your computer and view there too.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: September 29, 2021 02:07

could someone with siriusXM record and post the show please because this could be possible the best interview mick's done in decades and i'd hate to just get it in tiny chunks on youtube

thanks

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 29, 2021 02:22

Yeah Yeah Professor .... thats a good idea ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: snorton ()
Date: September 29, 2021 02:30

Is there any motiviation for Mick to finally do this, other than selling tickets?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 29, 2021 02:33

Dunno .... ask Howard ta ask him ........ HHHHaaaaaaaaaaaaa

ROCKMAN

Date: September 29, 2021 02:42

bye bye johnny
Dave Grohl was today's guest. Howard told him how excited he was to interview Mick and Grohl related the "Eazy Sleazy" story of how Mick texted him completely out of the blue.

Howard also mentioned having Mick for 40 minutes, but hopes he'll stay longer.
Ha, only 40 minutes. This isn't gonna be what many are expecting. Howard needs at least an hour to get done drooling.

Date: September 29, 2021 02:46

snorton
Is there any motiviation for Mick to finally do this, other than selling tickets?

As noted by some here already Stern has mellowed. Some prefer the earlier, more high wired "on the edge" Stern to the current Howard. I think that his interviews with musicians make for fantastic listening. And Stern has interviewed some of Mick's pals over the past couple of years like Bono and Elton and they were great talks, Elton's especially. They have been advertising The Stones tour on SiriusXM. So I don't think that a little additional self promo hurts - and we get a Mick interview to boot. Can't wait until tomorrow.

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: September 29, 2021 04:28

Howard - Hi Mick

Mick - Hello

Howard - So are you and Keith getting along and how's Jerry doing?

Mick - See ya

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-29 04:29 by Cooltoplady.

Posted by: BFR ()
Date: September 29, 2021 04:59

KingmanBarstow

Stuff is typically up within the next day or two but from past experience it's usually snippets only and not the entire interview. You can also (as a subscriber to the service) download the SiriusXM app on your computer and view there too.

Thanks! I set up a streaming account on my iPad. Cant’ wait!

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 2 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1445
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home