Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1819202122232425262728Next
Current Page: 26 of 28
Re: St Louis show live updates - Sunday 26-Sep-2021 - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: shawnriffhard1 ()
Date: September 29, 2021 00:34

Nikkei
Didn't enjoy Dean Goodmans review so much, though. I get why he resonates with some of you, but most of his observations are actually VERY subjective...

Where is this review? I don't see it anywhere and it doesn't come up under his name in search.

Re: St Louis show live updates - Sunday 26-Sep-2021 - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: September 29, 2021 00:35

AntoineParis
TheBlockbuster
AntoineParis
St Louis on sunday was the best show they've done since 5 years. Miami 2019 in comparaison looks and sounds ridiculous.

No it doesn't.

What exactly "looks and sounds" ridiculous with the Miami 2019 version of Start Me Up, compared to the St. Louis 2021 version?

Start me up it's not the best exemple, i admit (jagger vocals are not so great) Take Symmpathy, IORR, Dice, JJF, Shelter, Satisfaction, matter of taste but huge energy, some freshness. I think it's amazing

It's not often the opening night is better than the final show of the tour.

As for the songs you mention:

Sympathy: Don't like how Steve takes over the song during the ending and drowns out the rest of the band.
IORR: Steve adds a decent groove to this song, but Keith's playing (intro & solo) was much better in Miami.
JJF: Charlie and Keith were more in sync with eachother in Miami.
Shelter: Steve sounds pretty good here. But so did Charlie. Guitars were tighter in Miami.
Satisfaction: Both versions are good.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-29 00:47 by TheBlockbuster.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 29, 2021 00:35

Dean Goodman review

[iorr.org]

ROCKMAN

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-29 00:40 by Rockman.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 29, 2021 00:36

2120Joe
Pink was the Pit color wristband. They were pretty free about passing them out to GA holders. Though they were only available at one of the floor access tables. Just asking the ladies for one would have worked.

Interesting.. guy specifically said not pit, so I didn't even try.
In addition to the pink (what I'm assuming now is floor access, although those seated just seamed to have lime green) there was a more reddish colored PIT band.
Thought about trying to walk in with the pink, but I didn't have the PIT one of the two.. hmm.
Woulda stayed where I was at either way as it was so much easier- could sit, less crowding, and could see the whole stage, but.. ??

Posted by: keefmick ()
Date: September 29, 2021 00:57

Does anyone know how stringent they are with which pit you are in? A friend and I are in pit 2 and we have 2 friends in pit 1. Will they be allowed to/able to join us or are they pretty strict with keeping you in your own pit?

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: September 29, 2021 01:45

sorry i'm a bit late to the party here no internet at home
so my thoughts on the show

wow has keith improved not to like 2012 standards but definitely 2015/16 level of playing and his voice was better and stronger then in 2019 and he seemed able to reach higher notes in slipping away too now i'm sure the extra rehearsals helped a lot but i wouldn't count out the effects of not smoking or drinking for almost 2 years have had on his brain and body and on top of that he looked like he lost a few pounds tosmiling smiley

ronnie's playing was to me as good as it was in 2019 which is to wonderful and quite surprising given his battle with cancer i'd have thought he would have lost a step but nope he's still our ronnie
GO RONNIE GO!grinning smiley

mick was as always awesome and as others have pointed out he seem to have recovered fully form his heart surgery and he's back to 2018 levels of shaking That asswinking smiley

now to the ever controversial steve jordan well as a big fan of the winos he was something of a slam dunk for me from the get go as the new drummer but i'll admit i miss charlie and also as others have pointed out without him there is less roll and more rock which i can live with (but they really need to work on paint it black with him) and i'm sure steve will roll more once he is able to relax more and get used to playing with them but that maybe won't happen till next year

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-03 10:39 by ProfessorWolf.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: September 29, 2021 01:48

Hairball
Thanks Irix for posting all the videos on page 14. thumbs up

Watched quite a bit of it live here last night via fb links (albeit some of them distant and weak), but now can settle back and absorb with the much higher quality vids....and wow, there's some good ones there.

Happy that Keith played Happy...smiling smiley

Same here. We got our wish.

Posted by: shawnriffhard1 ()
Date: September 29, 2021 02:31

Rockman
Dean Goodman review

[iorr.org]

Cheers, thanks Rockman!

Wow, just read Dean Goidman's review and couldn't disagree more strongly on nearly every point he made. I also am not a fan of his tone. I too, used to feel it was my hard earned right to mock them and casually insult them,because it was from a place of deep love as it is also, obviously the same for Dean.
However, mocking Daryl for his "spending the pandemic on the couch"? Seriously?

The "tea cosey" on Keith's head? I thought it was his best choice of headgear since '76. Almost made forget about the fishing lures from a Bigger Bang tour!

As to the matter of Steve Jordan's contribution, I thought it brought a level of giddy excitement that doesn't conflict with the many tears I shed upon learning of the passing of our hero drummer. I admire Jordan's skill, choices and overall demeanor. He smiled while throbbed along beautifully and powerfully.

What I saw, heard and felt were wildly different. Not a newbie nor a Grandaster Jedi caliber fan like Dean, but I've seen enough to know that they performed heroically, though not flawlessly. But, for the first game of the season, and after the change that has rocked us all, I thought they were strong, hungry, appropriately mournful and just beginning to touch on the excitement that is made possible by the new chapter of the band that is upon us all. Cheers to subjectivity!

Edited 7 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-29 03:45 by shawnriffhard1.

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: September 29, 2021 03:21

Dean's review was brutal! Not sure where he's coming from. He sounds like Jim Deregotis reviewing the Stones in the 90's . I'd see a great show, he'd give a brutal mean spirited review.

Posted by: dnewton99 ()
Date: September 29, 2021 03:32

Your wristband has a PIT 1 or PIT 2 on it and they do check. it is not impossible they will move the 2s to 1.. more demand for Keith side #2

Posted by: RaiseTheKnife ()
Date: September 29, 2021 03:38

jumpingjackflash5
RaiseTheKnife
Charlie adapted the tempo a bit more to follow how Keith played, while Steve kind of forces up the tempo no matter what. Seems like many people want them to play faster.

Right, right. Charlie was (mainly) following Keith, whereas now Mr. Jordan drives the tempo and the others catch up, they do well, but the sound has changed also because of this.

Always loved how Charlie listened to the band so closely and adjusted his playing to what he heard. It gave the band an organic sound, sometimes loose, but always interesting.
Steve really has an impossible job. It's not possible to recreate a chemistry which took almost 60 years to build up.
They can still sound good and many people will enjoy the shows. But it will never be the same.

Posted by: fzv98d ()
Date: September 29, 2021 03:51

Here is a link to the videos I shot in St. Louis. It was a great show. Lots of emotions with Charlie. My 25th Stones show. Shot from Pit 1.

The Rolling Stones in St Louis

Posted by: BFR ()
Date: September 29, 2021 04:15

fzv98d
Here is a link to the videos I shot in St. Louis. It was a great show. Lots of emotions with Charlie. My 25th Stones show. Shot from Pit 1.

Thanks for sharing these! smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-29 04:16 by BFR.

Posted by: bam ()
Date: September 29, 2021 04:16

fzv98d

Thanks!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 29, 2021 04:20

Thanks fzv98d ..... front trench stuff ... thanks

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 29, 2021 04:32

fzv98d

thumbs up

"You get what you need......................"

Thanks.

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: September 29, 2021 04:57

Rockman
Thanks fzv98d ..... front trench stuff ... thanks

ya, yes, yeah, thx +1

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-29 04:57 by snoopy2.

Posted by: LovingCupola ()
Date: September 29, 2021 05:53

fzv98d

Thanks fzv98d!

Date: September 29, 2021 06:33

RaiseTheKnife
jumpingjackflash5
RaiseTheKnife
Charlie adapted the tempo a bit more to follow how Keith played, while Steve kind of forces up the tempo no matter what. Seems like many people want them to play faster.

Right, right. Charlie was (mainly) following Keith, whereas now Mr. Jordan drives the tempo and the others catch up, they do well, but the sound has changed also because of this.

Always loved how Charlie listened to the band so closely and adjusted his playing to what he heard. It gave the band an organic sound, sometimes loose, but always interesting.
Steve really has an impossible job. It's not possible to recreate a chemistry which took almost 60 years to build up.
They can still sound good and many people will enjoy the shows. But it will never be the same.
thumbs up

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: September 29, 2021 08:43

J.J.Flash
Dean's review was brutal! Not sure where he's coming from. He sounds like Jim Deregotis reviewing the Stones in the 90's . I'd see a great show, he'd give a brutal mean spirited review.

Brutal, but fair, I suspect. He praises the Stones plenty. His reviews of their 2017 U.K. shows’ were largely glowing if I recollect correctly.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: September 29, 2021 09:15

Steve is a great drummer and has proven it throughout his career.
He is now revitalizing songs that had become too slow and sloppy.
I like his style very much and it is right that he does not limit himself exclusively to reproduce the style/sound of our beloved Charlie.
Come on Steve, keep it up!

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: September 29, 2021 09:24

Big Al
J.J.Flash

Brutal, but fair, I suspect. He praises the Stones plenty. His reviews of their 2017 U.K. shows’ were largely glowing if I recollect correctly.

I always look forward to Dean’s reviews. His style is always the same, maybe the anti BV perspective to some extent. But he keeps on showing up doesn’t he…lol

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: September 29, 2021 09:42

Maindefender
Big Al
J.J.Flash

I always look forward to Dean’s reviews. His style is always the same, maybe the anti BV perspective to some extent. But he keeps on showing up doesn’t he…lol

Me too. His first sentence nailed it.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: September 29, 2021 10:45

frijoless

We got lower bowl with our Lucky Dips, but I did attempt to speak with guest relations a few times to see about exchanging for Floor tickets. Anyways, in walking around the concourse, we also stood next to the wristband table for those with floor tickets (the sign behind the table stated for those with Rear GA and Sections A-C and whatever the next group of floor sections were). I think those with Pit then needed another wristband given out on the Floor just prior to entering the Pit - I could be wrong here. Anyways, those wristbands being given out on the concourse for Floor access were a lime/neon green.

Yes, you need another wristband to enter the pit. The "main floor wristband" will not suffice. This is just another safeguard for them.

Posted by: ErwinH ()
Date: September 29, 2021 11:18

GivenToFly15
I love how the Charlie video is the isolated drum track from Can't You Hear Me Knocking.

Totally right... CYHMK thumbs up

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: September 29, 2021 11:40

The three of them together and Mick speaking of Charlie, while Keith take Mick's hand to his... That was a touching moment. Never seen Ronnie so serious and sad. For a moment it look like that Keith will burst into tears. Probably the most un-Stonesy thing they ever have done. Sentimentality is not their Cup of tea, and for that very reason it was so effective.

I think it was a cool thing that Mick thanked the fans for their reaction of master's passing. Namely, not just there at St. Louis, but all over the board the love and admiration shown for Charlie has been so spectacular.

Date: September 29, 2021 11:46

Doxa
The three of them together and Mick speaking of Charlie, while Keith take Mick's hand to his... That was a touching moment. Never seen Ronnie so serious and sad. For a moment it look like that Keith will burst into tears. Probably the most un-Stonesy thing they ever have done. Sentimentality is not their Cup of tea, and for that very reason it was so effective.

I think it was a cool thing that Mick thanked the fans for their reaction of master's passing. Namely, not just there at St. Louis, but all over the board the love and admiration shown for Charlie has been so spectacular.

It was heartbreaking and beautiful at the same time. Such a moment.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: September 29, 2021 12:19

I hate to spoil anyone's fun and enthusiasm but while I think the drums are fine under the circumstances I'm puzzled at all the "Keith is back" talk, I mean I watched the videos and listened to the whole show shared on HS and frankly the guitars are weak, weaker than they've ever been TBH.

IORR intro : flubbed, TD Intro : flubbed, SMU intro : flubbed (ok not as bad as at HP 1&2), GS intro : not really flubbed but it's reduced to practically nothing. At this point it seems Keith has a hard time playing more than rhythm and picking a few licks here and there. Surely I can't be the only one hearing this ?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: September 29, 2021 12:19

The three of them together and Mick speaking of Charlie, while Keith takes Mick's hand to his... That was a touching moment. The face and body impressions.. Never seen Ronnie so serious and sad. For a moment it looked like that Keith will burst into tears. Probably the most un-Stonesy thing they ever have done. Sentimentality or showing true personal feelings is not their cup of tea, and for that very reason it was so effective. Still sweet, short and compact.

I think it was a class act that Mick thanked the fans for their reaction of master's passing. Namely, not just there in St. Louis, but all over the world the love and admiration shown for Charlie has been so spectacular. That obviously means a lot for them, and helps in their sorrow. The gesture was really thanking people remembering their Charlie - one of them, their brother - not just them showing respect for him. Beautiful.

- Doxa

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: September 29, 2021 12:26

Doxa
The three of them together and Mick speaking of Charlie, while Keith takes Mick's hand to his... That was a touching moment. The face and body impressions.. Never seen Ronnie so serious and sad. For a moment it looked like that Keith will burst into tears. Probably the most un-Stonesy thing they ever have done. Sentimentality or showing true personal feelings is not their cup of tea, and for that very reason it was so effective. Still sweet, short and compact.

I think it was a class act that Mick thanked the fans for their reaction of master's passing. Namely, not just there in St. Louis, but all over the world the love and admiration shown for Charlie has been so spectacular. That obviously means a lot for them, and helps in their sorrow. The gesture was really thanking people remembering their Charlie - one of them, their brother - not just them showing respect for him. Beautiful.

- Doxa

100% wholeheartedly agree!

C

p.s

Happy birthday!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1819202122232425262728Next
Current Page: 26 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1235
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home