Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1819202122232425262728Next
Current Page: 25 of 28
Re: St Louis show live updates - Sunday 26-Sep-2021 - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: September 28, 2021 18:37

lougio
The simple answer to this Brown Sugar issue is to play 20 songs. Several shows over the last few tours have had 20 songs. It’s not that unusual.

There is no "Brown Sugar" issue there is only people's speculation as to why they didn't play it.

It's not a cancel culture question anyway because there was NO movement calling on them not to play it.

Mick has the right not to sing it for whatever reason he wants. It's his song. I suspect (hope) that if people were calling for the elimination of the song for woke reasons he would play it.

And I think that the people who think it will return are probably correct.

So there's no "woke" issue here, and i stand firmly with those who decry how the woke warriors are destroying our culture. This is just not an example.

Re: St Louis show live updates - Sunday 26-Sep-2021 - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: Christopher ()
Date: September 28, 2021 18:39

I also agree with all of this. It was great to meet all of you.

See you soon!

BFR
MisterDDDD

Very well said BFR, and agree whole heartedly.
Great to share in some of this with you.

Just got in from the flight(s) back, and am going to gather my thoughts, but like you I decided after Charlie passed that I had to be there.
For myself, for other fans, and most importantly for the band. They needed this.. If I had to sum up the experience in one word, it would be- cathartic. smileys with beer

Yep, cathartic is exactly what it was. Being around other fans and seeing the remaining Stones was good for my soul. It was great to spend some time with you and hope to see you again down the road smileys with beer

Posted by: frenki09 ()
Date: September 28, 2021 18:41

Big Al
Rocktiludrop
Thank you to DEAN GOODMAN, i might not agree with it but i love your humour and honesty, that review made my day smileys with beer

As always, I really enjoyed reading Dean Goodman’s review: no sugar-coating the reality; just honest opinions and observations.

The only review I am looking forward to reading is the one by Dean Goodman. I love the way he writes. He never educates, and he knows what he is talking about. I love his sarcasm too. A journalist, reviewer has gotta be good with words...
I cannot wait for his next piece.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: September 28, 2021 18:49

Thanks for the reviews, I enjoyed reading those. This BS debate is predictably moronic

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: September 28, 2021 19:03

Didn't enjoy Dean Goodmans review so much, though. I get why he resonates with some of you, but most of his observations are actually VERY subjective...

Posted by: MichaelLassen ()
Date: September 28, 2021 19:19

Nikkei
Thanks for the reviews, I enjoyed reading those. This BS debate is predictably moronic

Same here, used to enjoy them. now it feels like he’s made up his mind for good on too many things, and I choose a very positive approach to life.

I ‘ll enjoy going back and read some of his old reviews now snd then for sure though!

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: September 28, 2021 19:20

Nikkei
Didn't enjoy Dean Goodmans review so much, though. I get why he resonates with some of you, but most of his observations are actually VERY subjective...

All my observations are totally subjective, yes.

Posted by: BFR ()
Date: September 28, 2021 19:24

Christopher

See you soon!

Great to meet you, too! Thanks for wrangling us all up for lunch on Sunday.

Posted by: 2120Joe ()
Date: September 28, 2021 19:33

My rough notes from STL:

Different show. Well rehearsed and professional and confident production, never worried about them coming off rails (even during MR, each knew exactly who would jump in next). No big band to hide behind. Rock and Roll, raw power of guitars and stripped down band, few horns, few back up vocals, Ronnie and Keith and Mick show, not a mick solo show or a big band show. Chuck LaValle least prominent ever, I liked. Great to see the boys relying on just themselves, true for entire show-very little back up vocals, horns etc. no bum notes but 3 times guitar needed tuning.

1. Street Fighting Man, great opener, stripped band but I hear back up singers though none on stage
2. It's Only Rock'n'Roll, great version gets the crowd singing
3. Tumbling Dice, I’ve got cotton mouth, needed drinks, danced aisle to get a water and a beer
4. Under My Thumb, I get choked up hearing Stones do this classic again
5. 19th Nervous Breakdown, nice version, Keith strong start, SJ given prominent role at end, first time noticing drummer different
6. Wild Horses (vote song) wife reminds me it’s our wedding song, awesome K guitar work
7. You Can't Always Get What You Want, Ronnie solo tech fine but not nearly as long as as 2019 versions, Ronnie off stage for start of song, doesn’t rejoin until his solo time. I like trad horn opening
8. Living In A Ghost Town, worked great live, reggae middle, sing along portion and (Crazy for a Stone song) I don’t know my part
9. Start Me Up, needs to be played for crowd, I wish it didn’t and could sub in something else, drums and song different, drums hitting me as loud
10. Honky Tonk Women, drums thumping, will wear ears plugs next show
11. --- Band introductions
12. Happy (Keith)all K on fire, no Ronnie on stage to start, K vocals and guitar, he’s got this nailed, much better than when he did just vocals.
13. Slipping Away (Keith), traditional delightful Keith, so well done
14. Miss You, well produced, highly rehearsed
15. Midnight Rambler, different w SJ, Ronnie driving song, Mick on harp adding the blues, K sprinkling on top making it excellent
16. Paint It Black, prominent drum roll up at end, way different
17. Sympathy For The Devil, great but short guitar K, similar to Ronnie on YCAGWYW, great guitar but not as long or prominent as at times past, solo just small part of song
18. Jumping Jack Flash, can’t believe we are at this point already
19. --- Band off stage
20. Gimme Shelter, Sasha not too loud or as prominent, my favorite since Lisa gone, Mick so strong, as he has been throughout show
21. Satisfaction, Keith showboating like Sympathy a few years ago, mess with and thank crowd, not mesmerizing w guitar
All those days rehearing in Boston and STL have produced a well oiled machine-mistake free and confident band. One that relies on the boys, no gimmicks, minimal back up band. Awesome Stones show. On to Charlotte!

PS. Attendance I’m guessing was at 3/4 capacity. Nice for those of us there, short lines, plenty of space in Pit and elsewhere. I am vaxed and kind of masked when not drinking. COVID scary as indoors and very few masks worn. Glad next show is outdoors. I had 2 friends eat Tix because of COVID fear and they made right decision to not attend.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-28 20:05 by 2120Joe.

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: September 28, 2021 20:02

Who is the guy with a hat on the left who plays keyboards next to Chuck?

[youtu.be]

Matt plays also keyboards, but on the right side

[youtu.be]

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: September 28, 2021 20:05

The Joker

Tim Ries - [en.Wikipedia.org] .

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 28, 2021 20:09

BFR
Christopher

See you soon!

Great to meet you, too! Thanks for wrangling us all up for lunch on Sunday.

smileys with beer

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: September 28, 2021 20:12

Irix
The Joker

Tim Ries - [en.Wikipedia.org] .

Thanks. I know Tim Ries :-). I had the pleasure to congratulate him about his jazzy interpretation of Miss You with Bernard, somewhere in a club in London, or maybe in Hong-Kong. But thanks, it was unclear.

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: September 28, 2021 20:30

2120 Joe- Great revue, thank you for sharing. Sunday was a hard day for me, Bears lost (Badly) Cubs lost, The Packers won and.....I ate my Stones tix I've had since Feb 2020. Thanks to streamers, I got to catch most of the show. Obviously not the same. Your review kind of reinforced my decision. Cheers and enjoy the next show mate!

Date: September 28, 2021 20:38

Haven't gone through the thread, but it was interesting to me that Ronnie and Mick both brought their littles along for this tour. I thought it likely they wouldn't given the virus etc. Clearly very important to both of them for their kids to have the experience of seeing their dads on stage many times.. good on 'em.

Mick's youngest, Devereux at the show..

[twitter.com]

Ronnie's setlist showing the usual coloring on it by the twins.

[twitter.com]

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: September 28, 2021 20:45

tim ries?

Posted by: AntoineParis ()
Date: September 28, 2021 21:30

DeanGoodman
Nikkei

I love you're reports since years and today i discover your website. Thank you so much, great stuff! keep on!

Posted by: Rocktiludrop ()
Date: September 28, 2021 21:41

frenki09
Big Al
Rocktiludrop
Thank you to DEAN GOODMAN, i might not agree with it but i love your humour and honesty, that review made my day smileys with beer

As always, I really enjoyed reading Dean Goodman’s review: no sugar-coating the reality; just honest opinions and observations.

The only review I am looking forward to reading is the one by Dean Goodman. I love the way he writes. He never educates, and he knows what he is talking about. I love his sarcasm too. A journalist, reviewer has gotta be good with words...
I cannot wait for his next piece.

He has gift , oh i don't know what to call it, je ne sais quoi, when he said Keith needs to stop wearing a tea cosy i burst out laughing grinning smiley

Posted by: PinballWizard23 ()
Date: September 28, 2021 21:44

lougio
The simple answer to this Brown Sugar issue is to play 20 songs. Several shows over the last few tours have had 20 songs. It’s not that unusual.
Agree, make it an even 20 song set and call it a night. 19 is such an odd number for a set given the unlimited number of songs they can play. It’s also a relatively quick show by today’s standards. Give us 20 and some Brown Sugar!

Date: September 28, 2021 21:44

DeanGoodman
Nikkei

Dean, what ever you do, don't change man smileys with beer

Date: September 28, 2021 21:49

Nikkei

You're a smart guy, you know EVERYTHING regarding MUSIC is subjective.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-28 21:52 by Rocktiludrop.

Date: September 28, 2021 23:41

Anyone in St Louis get GA floor tix they could help answer a question I have??

When getting my floor wristband, the guy asked if I was by myself, then said he was going to give me a "special" pink floor wristband "right up front".

I replied.. Pit !!?
And he said no that it was at the "front of the floor" though, and I would be "very happy".(sidenote- I already was "very happy smoking smiley)

Off I went and combined with my Lucky Dip wristband I was able to walk to the front of the floor all the way to the pit, where I knew I couldn't just stand, so I then checked TM for any seats that were unsold. I grabbed one in Sec A on the aisle, and watched it not sell on TM right up until they stopped selling just before the show,

Kicking myself now for not finding out where that "special pink" wristband was supposed to land me. I assumed he was just pulling my leg as I was fairly early and not much of a crowd had entered.

Anyone get a regular wristband for the floor that can verify color etc?
After Topi suggested it might have been for friends and family, kicking myself for not finding out winking smiley

Posted by: frijoless ()
Date: September 28, 2021 23:57

MisterDDDD
Anyone in St Louis get GA floor tix they could help answer a question I have??

When getting my floor wristband, the guy asked if I was by myself, then said he was going to give me a "special" pink floor wristband "right up front".

I replied.. Pit !!?
And he said no that it was at the "front of the floor" though, and I would be "very happy".(sidenote- I already was "very happy smoking smiley)

Off I went and combined with my Lucky Dip wristband I was able to walk to the front of the floor all the way to the pit, where I knew I couldn't just stand, so I then checked TM for any seats that were unsold. I grabbed one in Sec A on the aisle, and watched it not sell on TM right up until they stopped selling just before the show,

Kicking myself now for not finding out where that "special pink" wristband was supposed to land me. I assumed he was just pulling my leg as I was fairly early and not much of a crowd had entered.

Anyone get a regular wristband for the floor that can verify color etc?
After Topi suggested it might have been for friends and family, kicking myself for not finding out winking smiley

We got lower bowl with our Lucky Dips, but I did attempt to speak with guest relations a few times to see about exchanging for Floor tickets. Anyways, in walking around the concourse, we also stood next to the wristband table for those with floor tickets (the sign behind the table stated for those with Rear GA and Sections A-C and whatever the next group of floor sections were). I think those with Pit then needed another wristband given out on the Floor just prior to entering the Pit - I could be wrong here. Anyways, those wristbands being given out on the concourse for Floor access were a lime/neon green.

As a side note, the two ladies distributing had the box of wristbands on a metal chair behind them, and reached back occasionally to grab another group of wristbands. I gave some brief thought to grabbing a few wristbands as folks were walking back-and-forth behind the ladies at the table, and the chair which was then behind them. They really were paying no attention to that box of wristbands as they verified fans' tickets and affixed the wristbands to wrists. Tempting but I decided against being a punk.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-28 23:58 by frijoless.

Posted by: keefmick ()
Date: September 29, 2021 00:02

Frijoles--I applaud your honesty! You did the right thing.

Posted by: frijoless ()
Date: September 29, 2021 00:09

keefmick
Frijoles--I applaud your honesty! You did the right thing.

Yeah, in hindsight, I should have told those employees/volunteers to move the box to a more secure location. If I noticed the error of their ways, I am sure that others did as well. Better training or an eagle eye from a supervisor making the rounds was needed.

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: September 29, 2021 00:16

bam
More than one thing can be true at the same time.

A warhorse can be skipped for more than one reason.

It can be great to see the remaining Stones in concert making music, while the music can be different in an important way without Charlie.

Steve’s drumming may have sped up songs that have slowed down over the past ten years, and we can like that. At the same time, some songs may be missing some of the roll or swing.

It can be great that Keith and Ron are still playing, enjoying themselves, and exciting audiences, while noticing that there are songs where they are contributing less to the sound.

We can appreciate what the Stones bring in their late 70’s, while noticing that they are no longer in their 20’s, 30’s, or 60’s.

Love all of this.

Posted by: rubyeveryday ()
Date: September 29, 2021 00:22

Thanks EddieByword.

Date: September 29, 2021 00:24

frijoless

We got lower bowl with our Lucky Dips, but I did attempt to speak with guest relations a few times to see about exchanging for Floor tickets. Anyways, in walking around the concourse, we also stood next to the wristband table for those with floor tickets (the sign behind the table stated for those with Rear GA and Sections A-C and whatever the next group of floor sections were). I think those with Pit then needed another wristband given out on the Floor just prior to entering the Pit - I could be wrong here. Anyways, those wristbands being given out on the concourse for Floor access were a lime/neon green.

Thanks for the info.
Lime green I noticed were on the wrists for those seated, I thought floor GA may have been a different color (perhaps the pink I received?)

Curiosity is getting me now winking smiley
That pink may very well have been "special".

Posted by: 2120Joe ()
Date: September 29, 2021 00:28

Pink was the Pit color wristband. They were pretty free about passing them out to GA holders. Though they were only available at one of the floor access tables. Just asking the ladies for one would have worked.

Posted by: shawnriffhard1 ()
Date: September 29, 2021 00:32

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-29 00:35 by shawnriffhard1.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1819202122232425262728Next
Current Page: 25 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1848
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home