Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1314151617181920212223...LastNext
Current Page: 18 of 28
Re: St Louis show live updates - Sunday 26-Sep-2021 - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: September 27, 2021 15:36

DandelionPowderman
TheflyingDutchman
Is it just me but it looks like something has changed in Jagger's facial
expression?

Age?

Grief?

Re: St Louis show live updates - Sunday 26-Sep-2021 - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Date: September 27, 2021 15:36

<PIB is not a regular in the setlist either>

Really?

Posted by: angee ()
Date: September 27, 2021 15:37

Honestly, to me, BS, and TD, or maybe a couple of the other warhorses can be swapped out or left out, not for political reasons, just that they are overdone and unnecessary, IMO.

~"Love is Strong"~

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-27 15:39 by angee.

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: September 27, 2021 15:39

Austrian lunchtime TV news just had a (very favourable) report on the show, with an excerpt from SFM. It sounded very good.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: September 27, 2021 15:40

TheflyingDutchman

Is it just me but it looks like something has changed in Jagger's facial expression?

Maybe stage fright for the first time since 59 years? winking smiley

(Personally I cannot see changes in his facial expression)

Date: September 27, 2021 15:41

DandelionPowderman
TheflyingDutchman
expression?

Age?

Grieve?

Date: September 27, 2021 15:44

TheflyingDutchman
DandelionPowderman
TheflyingDutchman
expression?

Age?

Grieve?

Maybe so, but I've seen most of the videos now and can't say I've noticed that (apart from the little speech when Keith held his hand). He's as pro as they get.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: September 27, 2021 15:45

DandelionPowderman

Really?

For me, yes. I've seen the band 12 times, and the only songs that I've at every single one of those shows is HTW, SMU, JJF, and BS. PIB only 6 of the shows. Even MR is only 8, which seems absurd, because it seems to be featured at every show and I could definitely do without it, or rotate it with GS, which I think is vastly superior but not the same without Lisa.

Date: September 27, 2021 15:53

VoodooLounge13
DandelionPowderman

Really?

For me, yes. I've seen the band 12 times, and the only songs that I've at every single one of those shows is HTW, SMU, JJF, and BS. PIB only 6 of the shows. Even MR is only 8, which seems absurd, because it seems to be featured at every show and I could definitely do without it, or rotate it with GS, which I think is vastly superior but not the same without Lisa.

That depends on when you have seen them. PIB has been a staple in the setlist for a long time.

For instance, Satisfaction wasn't included in the setlist between 1973-1978 (with a few exceptions). But to say that it isn't a regular in the setlists would be wrong smiling smiley

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: September 27, 2021 15:54

Was there a citation about Charlie? What was said and by whom? Did anyone notice? Thanks.

Date: September 27, 2021 15:58

The setlist? Song 1-8 looked exciting to me. Songs 9-19 were the usual warhorse bonanza.

Posted by: two4fun111 ()
Date: September 27, 2021 15:58

I'd been waiting until this morning to hear Midnite Rambler for numerous reasons....if anyone has doubts whether Steve Jordan can swing and rock , just take a listen

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: ribbelchips ()
Date: September 27, 2021 16:00

If they hadn't played 'Ghost Town' last night, the most recent song on the setlist would have been 40 years old grinning smiley (SMU)

Posted by: DrPete ()
Date: September 27, 2021 16:00

The show was yet another bit of evidence proving that the Stones are the Greatest RNR in the world and All Time. They were as amazing and beautiful as ever. My god was Rambler an intense performance nearly matching the early 70s versions. Really thought Mick was about to slam is belt again. Unbelievable, amazing, beautiful and a joyous tribute to Charlie. I thought Keith had to old back a tear. I didn't

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: September 27, 2021 16:01

Ghost Town: it does work well live doesn't it.

[m.youtube.com]

Date: September 27, 2021 16:03

DandelionPowderman
TheflyingDutchman
DandelionPowderman
TheflyingDutchman
expression?

Age?

Grieve?

Maybe so, but I've seen most of the videos now and can't say I've noticed that (apart from the little speech when Keith held his hand). He's as pro as they get.

Certainly a nice bunch of guys. winking smiley

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: September 27, 2021 16:05

Stoneage

Was there a citation about Charlie? What was said and by whom? Did anyone notice? Thanks.

See this short video - [Twitter.com] .

[www.YouTube.com]

In fact, there were 3 remembrances of Charlie - the Intro with Charlie's Drum-Track and the picture/video sequences, the speech before TD and then Charlie's picture during/after the final bow.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-27 16:21 by Irix.

Date: September 27, 2021 16:05

Green Lady

[m.youtube.com]

Absolutely beautiful thumbs up

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: September 27, 2021 16:06

Thanks to everyone for their valuable contributions.
Looking at the videos the result is what I expected, Steve has given this band a great energy and he is also good, so I liked it a lot. Of course Charlie is Charlie and I would have liked to have him, but life is also this .... Charlie is a drummer who has given us so much, but who has also had to compromise because of his age. Charlie in recent years no longer sounded like 20 years ago, like everyone else, but the drums are an instrument that requires much more energy than the guitar.
In the end I hope to be able to see them again, with Steve on drums, because the result was great for me.
If they play a few more concerts Steve will have the opportunity to blend better with the band, but without a doubt the first one is good.

Date: September 27, 2021 16:13

Thanks Irix.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: September 27, 2021 16:17

Thank you, Bjornulf, for your heartfelt review. Beautifully written. This has been an emotional rollercoaster for so many of us. The videos I’ve seen are so bittersweet, especially Keith clutching Mick’s hand for dear life. I think Steve is helping them make the best of a tragic situation, and doing so as well as anyone could. I’ve tried finding footage of Slipping Away (because I haven’t sobbed enough?) but can’t, hopefully that will surface soon.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: September 27, 2021 16:17

DandelionPowderman
Green Lady

[m.youtube.com]

Absolutely beautiful thumbs up

And here's Dnewton98's video: even better.

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: September 27, 2021 16:19

Green Lady

[m.youtube.com]

"if you didn't know it before, you know it now", says Mick

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: September 27, 2021 16:19

Keith wanted to hold Mick's hand > glimmer twins

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: September 27, 2021 16:31

fantastic pics. thanks
Notice Steve Jordan is still on GRETSCH !

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Date: September 27, 2021 16:31

As a bonus, I got to meet long time IORR member Little Queenie last night. Valerie is an amazing classy lady . My 9 Stones concerts pales to her 91 !

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: September 27, 2021 16:36

DrPete
As a bonus, I got to meet long time IORR member Little Queenie last night. Valerie is an amazing classy lady . My 9 Stones concerts pales to her 91 !

Glad to know Little Queenie is still out there, she’s missed here.

Date: September 27, 2021 16:39

She never actually left. Apparently had password issues and couldn't get it resolved.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: September 27, 2021 16:43

Jeff Curry/Getty Images

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: September 27, 2021 16:48

Irix
TheflyingDutchman

Is it just me but it looks like something has changed in Jagger's facial expression?

Maybe stage fright for the first time since 59 years? winking smiley

(Personally I cannot see changes in his facial expression)

They were scared to death in Philie back in 1989. They really didn't know if they coudl restart the "engine".

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1314151617181920212223...LastNext
Current Page: 18 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1750
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home