Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122...LastNext
Current Page: 17 of 28
Re: St Louis show live updates - Sunday 26-Sep-2021 - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: tatters ()
Date: September 27, 2021 14:02

Mathijs
Fantastic they still tour. I like how Steve Jordan rocks and speeds things up a bit, that was well needed.

But what a horrible setlist...

Mathijs

I thought it was kinda cool that they did three songs from '66 (two of them back-to-back), a year that sometimes gets overlooked at their live shows.

Re: St Louis show live updates - Sunday 26-Sep-2021 - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: CamRS ()
Date: September 27, 2021 14:03

IIOR was weaved in and out of setlists in 2019, so maybe Brown Sugar was the song chosen for this tour? I don’t think they removed it for PC reasons, because they’re still played Under My Thumb, which some consider an un-PC song.

Either way, if you want the band to play more of the other songs from their catalogue, then some of the war horses have to go.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: September 27, 2021 14:06

Date: September 27, 2021 14:07

Date: September 27, 2021 14:09

Posted by: ribbelchips ()
Date: September 27, 2021 14:10

Thanks for all the updates en reviews! You've made my monday morning a little more bearable smiling smiley

The tempo of some songs was noticeable a bit slower since the 50 & counting tour and Charlie was apparently the main reason for that. It's good to see that the rest of the boys can still handle it when SJ speeds things up a little.

I really hate woke and the cancel culture that comes with it and I truly hope that not playing Brown Sugar is a fully free choice.

Date: September 27, 2021 14:11

Date: September 27, 2021 14:13

Photo by Robert Cohen, rcohen@post-dispatch.com

Posted by: RaiseTheKnife ()
Date: September 27, 2021 14:14

Charlie adapted the tempo a bit more to follow how Keith played, while Steve kind of forces up the tempo no matter what. Seems like many people want them to play faster.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: September 27, 2021 14:14

engerling23
I've seen a few videos of last night and I might say that I am very impressed.
I love that Steve Jordan tries play the songs like to the original recordings Great energy by everyone.
Gimme Shelter intro is impressive.

Gimme Shelter was one of the few Stones songs that Keith performed regularly with the Winos, and Steve Jordan always made a great job of it.

Date: September 27, 2021 14:15

Date: September 27, 2021 14:20

Date: September 27, 2021 14:26

RaiseTheKnife
Charlie adapted the tempo a bit more to follow how Keith played, while Steve kind of forces up the tempo no matter what. Seems like many people want them to play faster.

Right, right. Charlie was (mainly) following Keith, whereas now Mr. Jordan drives the tempo and the others catch up, they do well, but the sound has changed also because of this.

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: September 27, 2021 14:27

Now people miss Brown Sugar, the warhorse among the warhorses. So do I. That’s why warhorses are warhorses, if you allow me to use someone else’s expression.

I just thought Keith reminded me of the late Peter Green with that hat on.

Date: September 27, 2021 14:29

Jeff Curry, Getty Images

Jeff Curry, Getty Images

Date: September 27, 2021 14:31

Jeff Curry, Getty Images

Jeff Curry, Getty Images

Date: September 27, 2021 14:33

Jeff Curry, Getty Images

Jeff Curry, Getty Images

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: September 27, 2021 14:33

Gotta think Brown Sugar eventually makes it back in especially if they decide to open a show with JJF.

Date: September 27, 2021 14:35

Jeff Curry, Getty Images

Jeff Curry, Getty Images

Date: September 27, 2021 14:37

Jeff Curry, Getty Images

Jeff Curry, Getty Images

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: September 27, 2021 14:49

CamRS
IIOR was weaved in and out of setlists in 2019, so maybe Brown Sugar was the song chosen for this tour? I don’t think they removed it for PC reasons, because they’re still played Under My Thumb, which some consider an un-PC song.

Either way, if you want the band to play more of the other songs from their catalogue, then some of the war horses have to go.

Both songs (and others) are non-PC and potentially offensive, but they are all offensive in different ways and for different reasons. If the band are uncomfortable with performing BS at present, I'm really sorry to lose a wonderful piece of music, but not altogether surprised.

Date: September 27, 2021 14:51

Amy Harris/Invision/AP

Amy Harris/Invision/AP

Date: September 27, 2021 14:53

Amy Harris/Invision/AP

Amy Harris/Invision/AP

Posted by: angee ()
Date: September 27, 2021 14:55

Bjornulf, thanks for staying up to write your review while all the memories stayed fresh.
Beautifully expressed feelings, much appreciated.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: dnewton99 ()
Date: September 27, 2021 15:01

Videos slowly uploading here.. slow hotel wifi..
[www.youtube.com]

Donna

Posted by: Roadster32 ()
Date: September 27, 2021 15:07

jumpingjackflash5
RaiseTheKnife

Right, right. Charlie was (mainly) following Keith, whereas now Mr. Jordan drives the tempo and the others catch up, they do well, but the sound has changed also because of this.

There is not need in repeating this a million times in each thread that your mouse hovers over.

The people got your point, but who cares?

If you got something new to contribute, fine, but not that old s... over and over again.

Date: September 27, 2021 15:14

Is it just me but it looks like something has changed in Jagger's facial
expression?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-27 15:15 by TheflyingDutchman.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: September 27, 2021 15:22

Thanks for all the reports, pics, videos ! That one is is really terrific with the Charlie tribute and SFM [youtu.be] - next best thing to being there in the pack, super stable too, wonder what the poster used, an iPhone maybe as there is a bit of graininess when zooming ?

They sound good too with the usual snafus that make them "endearing", like Keith sounding like he's taking a tumble in a staircase in the IORR intro ;-) The one video of GS is not very good so it's a bit hard to tell what's going on exactly but it seems like it started a bit "messy";

It's nice to see that "Ghost Town" worked really well too, even the "ghost"/dub part that sounded a bit off in the Kraft excerpts. Let's hope they add "Trouble" or even LITHOL as TY Deluxe gets closer.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: September 27, 2021 15:27

TheflyingDutchman
Is it just me but it looks like something has changed in Jagger's facial
expression?

Age?

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: September 27, 2021 15:33

CamRS

For me and my opinion, any of the warhorses can be swapped out except for JJF and BS. Miss You has been worn into the ground. IORR I've never been a huge fan of. Tumbling Dice could be swapped out for anything else from EOMS just to give variety. PIB is not a regular in the setlist either, but Mick seemed to insinuate in that interview that it needed to be played.

Will wait and see if it returns, but for me, Brown Sugar has always been the best closer to the stadium shows with all the sing along and then the fireworks. It's just disappointing on top of so many other mixed emotions already with this tour.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122...LastNext
Current Page: 17 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2290
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home