Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819...LastNext
Current Page: 14 of 28
Re: St Louis show live updates - Sunday 26-Sep-2021 - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: rubyeveryday ()
Date: September 27, 2021 07:53

Happy. Not Little T&A.

Re: St Louis show live updates - Sunday 26-Sep-2021 - The Rolling Stones No Filter Tour
Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: September 27, 2021 07:57

I thought she looked good in the purple dress.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: September 27, 2021 08:01

Posted by: RKH1981 ()
Date: September 27, 2021 08:02

pics I took

I thought they did Charlie proud. It was a great night in pit 2! Not sure how to post my pics directly, but Twitter link is above.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: September 27, 2021 08:06

Very cool from Mick how he immediately apologized when he threw that shirt at Ronnie

Date: September 27, 2021 08:09

RKH1981

pics I took

[Twitter.com] - Large picture , Large picture , Large picture , Large picture

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-27 08:15 by Irix.

Posted by: TheBluesHadaBaby ()
Date: September 27, 2021 08:13

Impressive show.

I too hope Brown Sugar hasn't been cancelled. I'd rather hear it than most of the 19 songs they played.

If Wild Horses hadn't been the Vote Song, might they have really played a show with nothing off of Sticky Fingers? Has that even ever happened since 1971... those of you who know these things?

If they do allow one of their greatest songs to be cancelled, then at least give us Bitch. Or Can't You Hear Me Knocking? Or Moonlight Mile, You Gotta Move, ...something. You can't let one of the best collections of rock n roll songs ever just sit on the shelf.

Posted by: dnewton99 ()
Date: September 27, 2021 08:13

Watch for good vids from me later..relatively unobstructed vids dnewton98 on youtube..fantastic.

Donna

Date: September 27, 2021 08:18

I wouldn't overdramatize the lack of Brown Sugar, it's probably going to be back in a week (more than enough time for several cancel culture meltdowns of course)

Date: September 27, 2021 08:20

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: September 27, 2021 08:21

dnewton99
Watch for good vids from me later..relatively unobstructed vids dnewton98 on youtube..fantastic.

Donna

Lovely to see you again Donna, it's been a long time coming hasn't it?

Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: September 27, 2021 08:28

[youtu.be]

Intro (isolated drums CYHMK) and SFM.

Posted by: liquorgud ()
Date: September 27, 2021 08:31

Great Show from pit 2, I’m sure everywhere else! Super Energy

Date: September 27, 2021 08:33

For what it's worth, he does it exactly like on the record. It's good but weird. The Got Live If You Want It Stones never really counted as Live Stones to me

*19th Nervous Breakdown, that is

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-27 08:43 by Nikkei.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: September 27, 2021 08:36

I genuinely wouldn’t be surprised if Brown Sugar has been shelved, you know. It’s such a crazy time. How ridiculous if this is the case, though eye rolling smiley

Posted by: ExileFromNJ ()
Date: September 27, 2021 08:39

I'll place a small bet that SJ was using CW's vintage black Gretsch drums from the late 60's.

Posted by: irishjohnnie ()
Date: September 27, 2021 08:56

What an unbelievable show! Keith was in a tiger stripe blazer because he let the tiger out tonight. He was on point on every note, every change, every second. Wow!!! And Ronnie played the best, the sharpest, great solos. I've never seen Keith and Ronnie tighter! The greatest guitar sound tonight. Loud and incredible. No Brown Sugar was a disappointment. But 19th Nervous Breakdown was a highlight with Keith and Ronnie weaving into a Bo Diddley groove; probably a clue as to the inspiration for the song. The band was super tight right from the start; like they were in mid-tour top form.
Can't say enough about how sharp Keith was and how confident he looked throughout the whole show. Happy had an incredible energy, and Slipping Away was a ballad delivered beautifully by the band. Keith gave us some classic solo fills on the black Gibson.
Never a dull moment. Never a bum note. Incredible pace to the show.

Posted by: SwinginDaBeat ()
Date: September 27, 2021 09:11

Lucky Dips turned out to be PIT 1. Terrific show, will post pics later!

Date: September 27, 2021 09:23

Midnight Rambler very different with Mick doing double "Don't do that" and saying he liked it but then it derailed and that makes me now really sad for some reason. Nobody is really in charge there

Posted by: rustytrinket86 ()
Date: September 27, 2021 09:34

So excited. How long was the show? What time did it end? Anyone know?

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: September 27, 2021 09:48

Wonder what would have been the last time they did not play Brown Sugar at a stadium show.

Posted by: RobberBride ()
Date: September 27, 2021 09:49

So happy to see the band back on stage.
Magnificent!

It has been an emotional ride - this whole concert, and the days and weeks leading up to it.

Well, done boys!

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: September 27, 2021 09:50

I’m really impressed with Jordan’s drumming during Paint it, Black.

Posted by: JDSAM1994 ()
Date: September 27, 2021 10:06

Great show!! Such a new energy and strong music.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: September 27, 2021 10:13

The show was two hours twelve minutes. Nineteen songs. Ghost Town was long and great

Bjornulf

St Louis sound, drums
Date: September 27, 2021 07:38

I do not want to contaminate other threads, so I'll write my opinion into this one.
I listened carefully to streams and also to what's already on YT.

The volume of the drums has been tuned down, which helps. The style is however almost the same as in Foxboro. Mechanical, playing the rhythm even where not necessary, sound-cutting, with hard hitting the drums. The sound is now full of the drums, not guitars. Some songs like Wild horses went well, still.

For sure many will like this new sound of the band, as it seems faster, tighter a giving less space to the other band members, while sometimes the playing in the past might have been too loose at moments. Now it sounds sometimes like the guitars and singing are trying to catch the drums, which are running on their own.

As somebody wrote here, Mr Jordan plays as a laser, where Charlie played like a cushion.

I personally don't like this new sound. I can clearly hear the difference on first listen.

I am happy to see them again on stage, paying great tribute to Charlie. I also can hear that singing and guitars were awesome. I am sad they could not pair it with Charlie's drumming again.

I do not wanna harm anyone's enjoyment of this new band arrangement here. But I had to provide this opinion following the discussion we had here.

I wish the band good health and great fall tour. And for those forum members, who do like it, enjoy the shows.

Update:my post was moved into thread by admin despite I posted in new one. I'm ok with that just the first sentence does not apply.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-27 10:22 by jumpingjackflash5.

Re: St Louis sound, drums
Posted by: PTownshend ()
Date: September 27, 2021 08:02

no

Date: September 27, 2021 08:08

From what I heard, they will be more than able to adequately work the kinks out

Posted by: erad ()
Date: September 27, 2021 08:22

Give it up. Surely you have better things to do??

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819...LastNext
Current Page: 14 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1621
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home