Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 9 of 10
Re: No Filter 2021 Tour Posters
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 23, 2021 21:07

frankotero
I was hoping for more since that’s my hometown. I’m comparing it to Austin which is great in my opinion.

Maybe the red theme of the Florida litho is is a tribute to Governor DeSantis and the fact that Florida is considered a red state...
Or maybe the red theme is a nod to the bloody violence in the Scarface movie...

Had higher hopes for this one based on the excellent Austin litho, but unfortunately it's just as bad as St. Louis and Charlotte imo.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-11-23 21:09 by Hairball.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: November 23, 2021 21:20

Hairball

Maybe the red theme of the Florida litho is is a tribute to Governor DeSantis and the fact that Florida is considered a red state...

Or maybe because the Stones tongue is red in original?

Posted by: TheBluesHadaBaby ()
Date: November 23, 2021 21:29

I think the layout of Hollywood FL's art could have made for a good poster, but the execution of it, no, did not.

Vegas + Hollywood FL... somebody must have gotten a bargain someplace on red ink.

Looking back at the lot, I'm still not sharing the love some have for the St. Louis art. If there was an animated Rolling Stones tv show for kids on the Cartoon Network, it might serve well for that; otherwise, naw. But, art appreciation is very subjective, so, to each their own.

Date: November 23, 2021 23:38

Irix
Hairball

Or maybe because the Stones tongue is red in original?

If that was the reason, then every litho would be bathed in a drab monochromatic red.
Maybe this has something to do with Carnaby Red?

Date: November 24, 2021 00:20

Hairball

Maybe this has something to do with Carnaby Red?

Carnaby Red must then be Stones Pantone Red :

[Twitter.com] - Pos. 0:25

Date: November 24, 2021 00:28

On second thought, the Carnaby red is a bit too orange ...maybe the drab red litho theme has something to do with red wine..Blood Red Wine...

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: November 24, 2021 00:33

The perpetual question: Are those lithos or posters? Or plainly posters at litho prices? Or something in between?

Date: November 24, 2021 18:37

Stoneage
The perpetual question: Are those lithos or posters? Or plainly posters at litho prices? Or something in between?

Unless it's a seriograph, a print that's individually numbered, I'm not sure there's a lot of difference other than the quality of the paper and the printing. Lithos and art prints being produced to higher standards than mere posters. "Poster" being derived from "to post up," they are intended to be tacked, stapled, pasted or taped up unframed; in contrast to prints, which are produced to be presented more formally and preserved and last much longer.

These are printed pretty well, on good paper. I'm no expert - our graphic artists on here will know the classifications - but my impression is there's no problem calling them prints or lithos.

It's just the images themselves that aren't always measuring up.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: November 24, 2021 20:17

Offset lithography typically use the standard 4-color CMYK printing inks.

More unusual are jobs that use colors other the four standard colors. A special RED ink for a logo on a poster or t-shirt or cereal box, for example.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: November 24, 2021 21:00

[twitter.com]

For all of you who haven't had enough already, here's the "End of Tour Litho Design"

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: November 24, 2021 22:04

The end of tour litho designed by Marc Jacques Burton is available in the US store now - dropping in the UK store this Friday: [t.co]

[twitter.com]

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 24, 2021 22:27

LURV the Marc Jacques Burton tongue ....

Got a couple of the limited T's ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: November 24, 2021 23:11

Easy pass.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: November 26, 2021 23:49

Thought the Florida litho was stunning.. just framed it and have it next to the St Louis opener. With an edition of only 200, was really fortunate to get one with a little help from someone who braved the pit crowd and snagged several for a small group of us. (thanks again Jason & Will!)

Wore the event shirt the night of the event. Picked one up early in the day at the HR store. where someone I heard cleared the rack of them out in one swoop after I was there. Many people kept asking all day where I got it, but had to wait to try to buy inside.

They really should have limited purchases on these, like LA did after night one was cleaned out early in the day.. for LA2 they put limits in place.

Posted by: Sodacityflyguy ()
Date: November 27, 2021 00:18

MisterDDDD
Thought the Florida litho was stunning.. just framed it and have it next to the St Louis opener. With an edition of only 200, was really fortunate to get one with a little help from someone who braved the pit crowd and snagged several for a small group of us. (thanks again Jason & Will!)

Wore the event shirt the night of the event. Picked one up early in the day at the HR store. where someone I heard cleared the rack of them out in one swoop after I was there. Many people kept asking all day where I got it, but had to wait to try to buy inside.

They really should have limited purchases on these, like LA did after night one was cleaned out early in the day.. for LA2 they put limits in place.

Glad we got them with a lil help from Will and thanks to John for holding them so we didn't mess them up on the floor. I ended up with #157.. U?

Date: December 1, 2021 19:32

TheBluesHadaBaby
I think the layout of Hollywood FL's art could have made for a good poster, but the execution of it, no, did not.

Vegas + Hollywood FL... somebody must have gotten a bargain someplace on red ink. ...

bye bye johnny
Hollywood FL, November 23:

[twitter.com]

The shape of a guitar's body has of course been employed as an allusion to the female form countless times in art.

On the Hollywood FL litho the placement of the tongue is not accidental.

Combine those elements with lurid blood-red-ness of this art (which to me is the off-putting feature of it)...

And I'll just say that if at the Hard Rock the boys had played Let It Bleed, then I'd feel compelled, I think, to rate the poster higher.

I'm down in Virginia
with your Cousin Lou

Date: December 1, 2021 20:00

TheBluesHadaBaby
Hollywood FL, November 23:

And I'll just say that if at the Hard Rock the boys had played Let It Bleed, then I'd feel compelled, I think, to rate the poster higher.

May have helped, but really for those there, the blood redness of the poster matched the theme throughout the hotel, and works well because of it.

From the exterior, to all the displays, to the stage curtain.. this litho captured it really well imo. Like many, more vivid and stunning in person as well cool smiley

Date: December 1, 2021 20:29

Nice pics!

I'll expand my observation to, on the Hollywood FL building the placement of the tongue was not accidental either.

The HR promoters did the biggest part of the litho artist's job for him or her.

Date: December 1, 2021 21:27

TheBluesHadaBaby

Vegas + Hollywood FL... somebody must have gotten a bargain someplace on red ink.

Looking back at the lot, I'm still not sharing the love some have for the St. Louis art. If there was an animated Rolling Stones tv show for kids on the Cartoon Network, it might serve well for that; otherwise, naw. But, art appreciation is very subjective, so, to each their own.

The lack of creativity and imagination of the bland Hollywood, Fla poster does match the unimaginative bland setlist pretty well.
They should have made the poster a few inches smaller to reflect the size of the short setlist - at least it would have been unique in that regard.

Date: December 1, 2021 21:37

Lol.

Date: December 1, 2021 21:58

Hollywood poster has a Darth Vader look about it ...

ROCKMAN

Date: December 1, 2021 22:06

Rockman
Hollywood poster has a Darth Vader look about it ...

It does! But I'm thinking the Darth in the Eps 1-3 trilogy after he got all hacked up and was left a big, bloody mess.

Date: December 1, 2021 22:09

OUCH babeeeee ....

ya sure coatin' everythang in blood at thee moment

ROCKMAN

Date: December 1, 2021 22:19

I'm not all that big on monochrome art.

We may be lucky the Hollywood FL artist (and Vegas artist too) bothered to use a little black and white here and there to relieve the monotony.

Posted by: TIRED ()
Date: December 2, 2021 10:55

For those of you who missed out on the original sale of the L.A.#2 poster, there is now a new opportunity:

Official Rolling Stones Store

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-12-02 11:12 by TIRED.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: December 2, 2021 20:05

TIRED
For those of you who missed out on the original sale of the L.A.#2 poster, there is now a new opportunity:

Official Rolling Stones Store

Thanks so much!

More expensive. of course!

Date: December 9, 2021 22:25

"The North American No Filter Tour Box Set contains 31 city specific lithographs printed on uncoated paper, housed in a beautiful linen presentation box."

Feb / Mar 2022 - [TheRollingStonesShop.com] , [TheRollingStonesShop.co.uk]

Date: December 10, 2021 07:42

Irix
"The North American No Filter Tour Box Set contains 31 city specific lithographs printed on uncoated paper, housed in a beautiful linen presentation box."

Feb / Mar 2022 - [TheRollingStonesShop.com] , [TheRollingStonesShop.co.uk]

Considering there were only a small handful of decent North American lithos, paying $600+ for a bunch of filler seems a bit excessive. Nice box though.

Posted by: BN78 ()
Date: December 10, 2021 16:18

TheBluesHadaBaby
Stoneage

Unless it's a seriograph, a print that's individually numbered, I'm not sure there's a lot of difference other than the quality of the paper and the printing. Lithos and art prints being produced to higher standards than mere posters. "Poster" being derived from "to post up," they are intended to be tacked, stapled, pasted or taped up unframed; in contrast to prints, which are produced to be presented more formally and preserved and last much longer.

These are printed pretty well, on good paper. I'm no expert - our graphic artists on here will know the classifications - but my impression is there's no problem calling them prints or lithos.

Hey Blues Baby, just curious, do happen to know if some of these prints were numbered and others were not??

Date: December 10, 2021 19:31

BN78
TheBluesHadaBaby
Stoneage

Hey Blues Baby, just curious, do happen to know if some of these prints were numbered and others were not??

No, I don't know personally.

I feel like I recall someone on this thread, though, saying there were some at the shows that bore individual numbers, if you got to the merch booths early enough. But I dunno if that was the case, and can t even swear I remembered that right.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 9 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1895
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home