Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 7 of 10
Re: No Filter 2021 Tour Posters
Posted by: BFR ()
Date: November 11, 2021 17:54

The teeth sort of look like a “grill” so I guess it’s on brand for ATL grinning smiley

Posted by: cimaz ()
Date: November 11, 2021 18:31

Still uninspired. It looks like an advertising for Mercedes Benz the sponsor of the stadium.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 11, 2021 19:18

Better than the Vegas poster, but it's too similar to Pittsburgh, and the overall color scheme (or lack of) is bleak, drab, and grim.

Posted by: TheBluesHadaBaby ()
Date: November 12, 2021 00:22

Made me think, Is a rapper opening? Teeth look to me like grillz, too.

Edit:
Hopefully a Georgian will catch us up on what the metallic firebird's from. Statuary, like Charlotte's, or some architectural embellishment maybe?

(Surely the Stones have to have placed the tongue with a peach at some point? Right?)

Edit: okay, here we go. From jahisnotdead:

"For anyone wondering, the phoenix represents the way Atlanta recovered after being burned to the ground during the Civil War."

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-11-12 01:09 by TheBluesHadaBaby.

Date: November 12, 2021 01:04

While I wouldn't want the litho, in black it should make a good tshirt

Posted by: angee ()
Date: November 12, 2021 02:13

Yeah. I don't mind this one, rather like Pittsburgh.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: November 15, 2021 15:17

Detroit, November 15:

[twitter.com]

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: November 15, 2021 15:50

Wow these posters just keep getting worse.So many missed opportunities to create something great.Whoever is designing these should start contemplating a different line of work.Absolute garbage.

Nate

Posted by: jason8903 ()
Date: November 15, 2021 16:16

didn't Charlie have a say in all merchandise design?

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: November 15, 2021 16:25

jason8903
didn't Charlie have a say in all merchandise design?

Was thinking the same.. he definitely did at one time, as did Charlotte Watts.
Perhaps we are seeing another aspect where the Watts's input is missed.

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: November 15, 2021 17:14

I believe Charlotte did Raleigh 2015 which is an all time favorite of mine. 2022 Europe will have better ones. The U.S. ones always seem to be the weekest.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: November 15, 2021 17:52

At least the last Detroit visit had a poster that made sense.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: November 15, 2021 18:26

I don't get this criticism of these litographs/posters, obviously the "RS camp" are counting on morons to buy their products for $$$$, so design or art shouldn't mean anything. As Ronnie Wood's "setlist-art" sells for 10 times as much; they know they can sell anything.

I hope the people, still alive, will keep on buying, to save the future heirs of this rock'n roll band. And maybe even the world. We all depend on this.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-11-15 18:33 by Erik_Snow.

Date: November 15, 2021 18:35

Erik_Snow
I don't get this criticism of these litographs/posters, obviously the "RS camp" are counting on morons to buy their products for $$$$, so design or art shouldn't mean anything. As Ronnie Wood's "setlist-art" sells for 10 times as much; they know they can sell anything.

I hope the people, still alive, will keep on buying, to save the future heirs of this rock'n roll band. And maybe even the world.

The criticism is that they look like a child put them together. No imagination. They suck. Esepcially compared to the previous posters, 2021's are chooky. The Detroit poster looks about as bland as - it looks like it could be in the Midwest somewhere, like Kansas or Des Moines.

Posted by: PalaisRoyale ()
Date: November 15, 2021 18:36

Look's like a 70's inspired muscle car theme with a hint of Tron.

Date: November 15, 2021 18:50

GasLightStreet
Erik_Snow

I hope the people, still alive, will keep on buying, to save the future heirs of this rock'n roll band. And maybe even the world.

The criticism is that they look like a child put them together. No imagination. They suck. Esepcially compared to the previous posters, 2021's are chooky. The Detroit poster looks about as bland as - it looks like it could be in the Midwest somewhere, like Kansas or Des Moines.

Yes, they suck, and there's no imagination. But; you can always chose to purchase or not to. And if you got no imagination, you purchase

In other words....if you rely on these posters to "like Rolling Stones" .... (edited before posting)

Posted by: angee ()
Date: November 15, 2021 19:02

I don't mind this one.

(That's about as enthusiastic as I've been about a few in this tour.)

~"Love is Strong"~

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-11-15 19:04 by angee.

Date: November 15, 2021 19:04

So just buy. The best thing you can do for future generations.....and Ronnie Wood.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-11-15 19:27 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: November 15, 2021 19:06

Yeah, but is that car a Ford?smiling smiley

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: November 15, 2021 19:29

Most of these poster designs are garbage drawn by adults with extremely limited talent who should be ashamed of their work.It is stupid to say the designs look like they were done by a kid with no imagination.Go try and draw like a kid again you won’t be able to do it.

Nate

Date: November 15, 2021 19:32

True. And also true; kids imagination; all of them. We old folks either got to wait for it all to end, or try to cash in in on deal that's allready lost; like Wood.

Date: November 15, 2021 19:59

Erik_Snow
GasLightStreet
Erik_Snow

Yes, they suck, and there's no imagination. But; you can always chose to purchase or not to. And if you got no imagination, you purchase

In other words....if you rely on these posters to "like Rolling Stones" .... (edited before posting)

True.

No worse than a terrible song - don't listen/put on playlist.

Posted by: cimaz ()
Date: November 15, 2021 20:12

Compared to the Detroit 2015 lithograph it looks dull and uninspired.

Date: November 15, 2021 20:43

Terrible...looks like a movie promo poster for Freejack or some other ridiculous movie...

Posted by: rbk ()
Date: November 15, 2021 20:50

The car is a second generation Dodge Charger which is weird enough but Detroit doesn't have any elevated highways either. It looks like a middle schooler did it.

Date: November 15, 2021 21:21

bye bye johnny
Detroit, November 15:

[twitter.com]

I'd urge RS Inc's graphics dept to get away from the faux modern travel posters basis, with its trend of unreal CGI-look art, and go back to people who can draw and paint without a computer

The big bland STONES script rarely works either. Please put the "Rolling" back.

'k, what's supposed to be going on in this one?

The muscle cars are symbols of Detroit's 1960s - 1970s glory days. But the video game-looking highway they're charging ahead on is supposed to be passage of time, to the city's future. Someone said it looks like Tron. Yes... that sounds right... Tron was 1980s, right?

Motor City didn't adapt well with the passing decades. And the future Detroit they're barrelling towards is -- look! -- an 80% blacked-out skyline.

So much of Detroit, the city proper, is abandoned. Whole neighborhoods empty or nearly so... areas with the feel of a ghost city. There's a documentary about Detroit's shuttered up architecture, I forget the name of it.

The lightening flashes are interesting. I wonder if they're an allusion to the fact that, due to the city's depopulation, it's come to be used sometimes as the setting for horror movies. Two of my favorites set there are It Follows, and Don't Breathe. It Follows is more in Detroits suburbs. But Don't Breathe really uses the abandoned neighborhoods aspect well. Spooky.

That's my take on the artist's intents here.

Still doesn't make it a lot of fun to look at, though.

Date: November 15, 2021 21:24

rbk
The car is a second generation Dodge Charger which is weird enough but Detroit doesn't have any elevated highways either. It looks like a middle schooler did it.

Yes, a middle schooler back in the '80's in a computer graphics class....
The St. Louis poster looks like a pre-schooler did it, and the Vegas poster looks like it was auto-generated by a computer program.
Can't recall any of the 2019 posters being as bad as some of these. Maybe Austin or Hollywood, Fl. will be as good as L.A. #2, but then again they seem to be getting worse.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-11-15 21:26 by Hairball.

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: November 15, 2021 22:41

bye bye johnny
Detroit, November 15:

[twitter.com]

Inspiration from the late 90s SPM?

I'm a GHOST living in a ghost town

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: November 16, 2021 20:29

Sorry. Wrong thread.

(But just a really good poster)

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: November 16, 2021 20:44

I cannot decide if I am more embarrassed by these posters as a Rolling Stones fan or as a graphic artist.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 7 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1985
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home