Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Dying their hair?
Posted by: rollingon ()
Date: September 26, 2021 16:34

I'm sure that both Mick and Ronnie dye their hair but I think that's absolutely okay! smiling smiley

Mick's brother has very similar hair as Mick otherwise but his hair is totally grey...

Ronnie's hair seems far too perfect color to be his own color...

I must admit that I woudn't even like very much if they all would have grey hair. It really wouldn't be their style.

Not that this is a very important matter at all.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-26 17:44 by bv.

Re: I'm sure that both Mick and Ronnie dye their hair but I think that's absolutely okay! smiling smiley
Date: September 26, 2021 16:38

The grey hair color makes a person look like a little older. I think when I saw Keith first with grey hair, he somehow seemed to me a like an older person. But if he likes to keep it that way, it's absolutely okay by me. smiling smiley

Re: Dying their hair?
Posted by: snorton ()
Date: September 26, 2021 17:50

As the phrase goes...better grey than gone away.

Posted by: Rocktiludrop ()
Date: September 26, 2021 18:07

People dye their hair in their 40s, 50s 60s because it makes them look younger, at almost age 80 it looks a bit silly and gives the appearance of a wig, Mick's hair definitely looks like a wig even though it's probably not.

There are pictures of Mick Jogging about age 40 with hair noticeably receding compared to now, so probably strand by strand treatment.

As for Ronnie definitely his own hair, but been dying it since the mid 80s , I have pics of him with grey strands showing since 82'

Not that any of it should matter, look at Pete Townshend Rocking along and feeling great age 76 and balled as a Badger.

It's a strange thing, if people completely shave their heads they look a lot younger, if it's receding and grey shave it completely, looks cool and people soon get used to it.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-26 18:22 by Rocktiludrop.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: September 26, 2021 18:08

Were they a jazz band or a string quartet both grey and bald would be okay. But they are a rock band and rock is associated with youth and virility.
So baldness is out of the question and graying... is a maybe. Glasses is another no-no in the rock world. And obesity.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: September 26, 2021 18:13

Keith looks better grey, in my opinion. The dye-job in recent years only makes his age more apparent, for me. Far better as a silver-haired fox!

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: September 26, 2021 18:29

Stoneage
Were they a jazz band or a string quartet both grey and bald would be okay. But they are a rock band and rock is associated with youth and virility.
So baldness is out of the question and graying... is a maybe. Glasses is another no-no in the rock world. And obesity.
Actually, in some cultures, Japan for example, baldness was or is associated with male virility.Testosterone causes male hair loss.So actually long hair on a 78 year old man is not a sign of virility

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: September 26, 2021 18:36

I know Taylor 1. But rock and roll is all about image. Reality is of secondary thought.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: September 26, 2021 18:42

British Black shoe polish #4

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: September 26, 2021 18:58

I like KEITH better not dying his hair. It looks silly if he does.
Mick is slightly graying the last years as you can see sometimes. But in general, he must have a perfect colour Paint, it was alway exactly the same spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
Ronnie it looks Like to me he is not dying his hair after the last treatment he had this year?

Date: September 26, 2021 21:31

Stoneage
I know Taylor 1. But rock and roll is all about image. Reality is of secondary thought.

Rock and Roll is not about image so much as attitude and the sound they make.

If 78 year olds can fill stadiums its definitely not about image winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-26 21:33 by Rocktiludrop.

Posted by: Pietro ()
Date: September 26, 2021 21:38

The great mystery to me is not whether they dye their hair, because of course they do. The mystery to me is why those old men have full heads of hair. Some sophisticated new hair implant technology, I reckon.

Date: September 26, 2021 22:28

Pietro
The great mystery to me is not whether they dye their hair, because of course they do. The mystery to me is why those old men have full heads of hair. Some sophisticated new hair implant technology, I reckon.

It's really easy these days, they take hair follicles with an average of three hairs per follicle from a part of your head that has high volume of hair and transplant it strand by strand where the hair is thinning, hence very few people in showbiz etc are balding these days.
They do about 1500 follicles at a time, potentially if you had three transplants you are going to have a good covering of hair.

This technique leaves no scars.

It's not rocket science.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-26 22:29 by Rocktiludrop.

Posted by: SirCorto ()
Date: September 26, 2021 22:30

I can only envy a person who has hair to dye. I would leave it gray but it's gone and I'm not a rock star

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 27, 2021 00:52

Women color their hair for
most of their lives so in this
gender-neutral world of today why does it really matter

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: September 27, 2021 01:06

Charlie looked great on the 1975 American tour with his crew cut.A lot of men look good with a totally shaved head.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 27, 2021 02:26

Keith looks great with his natural grey hair - or what's left of it anyways.

Taylor1
Charlie looked great on the 1975 American tour with his crew cut.A lot of men look good with a totally shaved head.

Not sure if it would suit Mick very well...

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: September 27, 2021 03:20

Pietro

The mystery to me is why those old men have full heads of hair.

Because it's in their DNA. For instance Wim Duisenberg (1935-2005), former President of the European Central Bank in 2001 - [en.Wikipedia.org] .

Posted by: erad ()
Date: September 27, 2021 03:38

Ronnie definitely dyes his hair, I would wager he has plugs too.

There is a line in a song on 'I Feel Like Playing', 'that's why I still dye my hair...'. He has given varying answers in interviews saying he doesn't dye it and it's just his gypsy genes, I'm not buying it, but hey, it's a cool story. So who can blame him smiling smiley

Posted by: StonedAsiaExile ()
Date: September 27, 2021 07:27

Ronnie has stated several times that his hair is natural due to his 'gypsy blood'. Maybe, or maybe not. Doesn't matter.

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: September 27, 2021 11:22

Doesn't really matter either way, however i prefer the natural look.
Grey suits Keith (as it does Tom Jones).... but hair dye or Grey, rock on!

Date: September 27, 2021 18:45

Keith uses now black beanie (or whatever that is?) on his head. Quite cool and hip actually!

Posted by: Nasty Habits ()
Date: September 27, 2021 18:50

This is exactly the reason I’ve been a fan of the Stones since 1992 I’ve only been following them to find out if any of them use Grecian 2000 or a really good alternative product.

"I've got nasty habits I take tea at three"

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: September 27, 2021 19:06

erad
Ronnie definitely dyes his hair, I would wager he has plugs too.

There is a line in a song on 'I Feel Like Playing', 'that's why I still dye my hair...'. He has given varying answers in interviews saying he doesn't dye it and it's just his gypsy genes, I'm not buying it, but hey, it's a cool story. So who can blame him smiling smiley

He doesn’t have hair plugs. Geeez

Date: September 27, 2021 19:52

OT but just noticed:

Keith has put a little weight on?

I'm just watching the youtube clips from the yesterday's concert.

In 2006-2007 I remember he still was very slim.
Maybe the Covid 2019 has kept him at home so long that there has not been very much activity. Or if he has quit smoking? Then it's really common to gain weight, I guess.....

Date: September 27, 2021 20:05

BTW, What has happened to Ronnie's old hair style (almost his trademark!)?

He looks a little odd to me now.

Okay, Ronnie has had some medical operation and treatment, so I apologise for my comment.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-27 21:01 by rollingon.

Date: September 27, 2021 22:20

rollingon
OT but just noticed:

Maybe the Covid 2019 has kept him at home so long that there has not been very much activity. Or if he has quit smoking? Then it's really common to gain weight, I guess.....

It's probably a good thing to carry a little weight at Keith's age, i would be worried if he appeared thin all of a sudden.

To be honest those silky shirts do nothing for him, he looks normal in a T Shirt, plus Keith's been a little more chunky for years now.
He gave up smoking give him a break.

Date: September 27, 2021 23:21

Rocktiludrop
rollingon
OT but just noticed:

It's probably a good thing to carry a little weight at Keith's age, i would be worried if he appeared thin all of a sudden.

To be honest those silky shirts do nothing for him, he looks normal in a T Shirt, plus Keith's been a little more chunky for years now.
He gave up smoking give him a break.

Yes, of course I do.

He doesn't have to look a like young rock star anymore. The music is more important.

Mick is in fantastic shape and he does all the moves anyway so that's enough for me as far as the performing aspect is concerned.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: September 28, 2021 01:45

All Ronnie has to do is comb his hair down over his forehead, but he seems to have decided not to do that, for now.

Is it still growing out, since his medical treatments, perhaps?

~"Love is Strong"~

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1304
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home