Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Farm Aid 2021- September 25
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: September 24, 2021 17:16

Willie Nelson & Family
John Mellencamp
Dave Matthews & Tim Reynolds
Tyler Childers
Margo Price
Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats
Bettye LaVette
Jamey Johnson
Lukas Nelson & Promise of the Real
Allison Russell
Particle Kid
Ian Mellencamp
Wisdom Indian Dancers

--

Live Stream Webcast - 2pm EDT - [www.youtube.com]

Lineup Schedule - [www.farmaid.org]

[www.farmaid.org]

Re: OT: Farm Aid 2021- September 25
Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: September 24, 2021 18:09

No Neil says it all.

Posted by: chrism13 ()
Date: September 24, 2021 21:42

I approved to shoot/photograph this event but can't make it for a variety of reasons. Neil will be missed this year but Willie is an absolute musical treasure. Catch him while you can as he won't be around forever and will be greatly missed when that time comes. Some of the other artists on the bill I like more than others but I really admire Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats. Just a terrific rockin' band in every sense. The band is tight and Rateliff is one of the best vocalists I have seen and heard. I saw him in Nashville covering "Caravan" on the Last Waltz tour. He was a highlight of as musical star studded event. Some Otis Redding roots in them pipes. Their songs are well written & their live shows are energetic and entertaining.

Tyler Childers is a excellent singer/songwriter who's country, rock and folk tunes shine. Like Neil and Rateliff, he gets it done solo or with is band The Food Stamps. He has long list of top notch songs, I am partial to 'All Your'N', 'Feathered Indians' & "follow you to Virgie" but "Nose on the Grindstone" and "Whitehouse Road" are probably better known. Oh...and thanks to Tyler for turning me on to 'Rock, Salt & Nails'.

I saw Betty Lavette once in Ann Arbor a few years ago. I fell in love with her raspy soulful vocal style. Her backing back was great as well although I don't recall their name if they had one. I really love her version of "It Ain't Me Babe".I was looking forward to hearing her recent cover of "Loser" by the Grateful Dead.

I am always pleasantly surprised whenever I see Lukas Nelson. They have some great songs as well and are fun to watch. I suspect they might do one of Neil's tune this weekend. I see he started to play piano onstage recently. I would like to hear more of that as the video clip I saw was poignant.

...The other headliners have their legions of fans ...but I am partial to the above mentioned undercards! Its a great event and meaningful cause.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 24, 2021 22:15

Farm Aid without Neil is like the ocean without water - i.e. a huge void.

Date: September 24, 2021 22:58

Good stuff, chrism13.

Willie is indeed a treasure. And Sister Bobbie's still right there with him. Bless them both.

Tyler Childers is a late replacement for an ailing Sturgill Simpson. Farm Aid tweeted his (since deleted) Instagram post:

Will miss Neil for sure, but look forward to listening/watching nonetheless.

Date: September 26, 2021 15:13

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1886
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home