Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1819202122232425262728
Current Page: 28 of 28
Re: The Rolling Stones private show at Gillette Stadium Foxboro/Boston Sept 20, 2021
Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: September 25, 2021 15:26

A honest question. after the show for Kraft do the band mingles with the guests and take photos with them?. l mean it may part of the contract if they are getting 5 million bucks, for a one hour plus set.

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Re: The Rolling Stones private show at Gillette Stadium Foxboro/Boston Sept 20, 2021
Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: September 25, 2021 16:02

Nope it's been reported that they got out on the spot.

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: September 25, 2021 16:13

Still Corona times.
They can't do that before tour start.

I'm shure Kraft understood.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: September 25, 2021 16:34

I don't think Corona comes into play here as I don't remember any stories about them "mingling" after the private shows in 2016 or in 2015 ? These guys live in a "sheltered world"...Besides they have to be tired after a show and they're not exactly a local band in a bar you can chat to when they pack up their stuff ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: September 25, 2021 17:12

Completely agree with you there gotdablouse.

They get tired after doing a show and then pack up their gear and on to the next gig on Sunday. smiling smiley

Seriously though,the three of them are nearer to 80 than they are to 70,and just wanna get back to the hotel and relax.
Reminds me of a time a few years ago when I saw The Kast Off Kinks were playing at my local theatre.
Dear old Mick Avory was feeling tired after the gig and he asked a few of us backstage if we could put his drumkit in the car.
What a great guy he is to have a chat with. thumbs up

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: September 25, 2021 18:03

After the show they are completely spent and do not "mingle" with anyone they leave immediately via limo. It's been that way forever, nothing to do with covid.

Really, have you seen them play? "Mingle" and take photos after the show? No.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: September 25, 2021 19:57

The mingle is taken care of before the shows I guess. After the show it's back to the hotel. Which usually means rest and recovery for everyone except Jagger who aims for the nearest disco or night club.
At least it used to be like that...

Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: September 25, 2021 22:11

From these clips I think they are sounding fantastic and the US tour will be brilliant. I really hope they come to the UK and Europe next year.

Posted by: Rocktiludrop ()
Date: September 25, 2021 22:20

At nearly 80 years of age as if they want to mingle with anyone, can't people understand what it is to be playing Stadium Rock at their age, give them a ducking break and get real.

Date: September 25, 2021 22:24

Stoneage
The mingle is taken care of before the shows I guess. After the show it's back to the hotel. Which usually means rest and recovery for everyone except Jagger who aims for the nearest disco or night club.

They play two shows a week now, plenty of time to check out the best views.winking smiley

Date: September 25, 2021 22:43

DiegoGlimmerStones
Thx to Luisa Cloutier smileys with beer

Living in a Ghost Town (Cut)
[www.facebook.com]

You Can't Always Get What You Want (Cut)

[www.facebook.com]

You Can't Always Get What You Want (Cut)

[www.facebook.com]

Midnight Rambler (Cut)

[www.facebook.com]

Original post

[www.facebook.com]

Thanks for the clips, Rambler definitely different in a good way, can't wait for Sunday. Mick is blowing my mind, how is it possible to look and move like that at 78 ?? It's not possible, sorry too many beers.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: September 25, 2021 23:19

Mick is absolutely amazing in all respects for a guy who is 78 years old.

He has probably had plenty of time to relax since Covid has in some way controlled all our lives.

Hopefully we have all found ways to getting the most out of life with so many limitations to deal with. thumbs up

Roll on Sunday night, when I for one here in UK, will be watching and listening on IORR this much anticipated Rolling Stones gig in St Louis.

Bring it on............... it's gonna be a good one. smileys with beer

Posted by: bam ()
Date: September 25, 2021 23:24

Stoneage
No mingle likely during COVID. If there is one, it’s gonna be very limited.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: September 25, 2021 23:39

Of course, bam. The virus slipped my mind for a short while there...

Posted by: bam ()
Date: September 25, 2021 23:58

They may have had to say hi to Mr. Kraft, though.
Not as sure about Gov. Baker.

Posted by: KSAM ()
Date: September 26, 2021 04:38

ROPENI
A honest question. after the show for Kraft do the band mingles with the guests and take photos with them?. l mean it may part of the contract if they are getting 5 million bucks, for a one hour plus set.
they took off right away. Kraft was mingling with the crowd after the show.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: September 26, 2021 06:16

The Rolling Stones moved from their separate side stage area and to the tent with the stage and the party crowd three minutes before the show started, in golf carts. Four minutes after the final bow they were on their way back home to Boston. They did not really party with the Kraft family. They are very covid aware. Take no risks. We do all want the tour to go on with no problems.

Bjornulf

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: September 26, 2021 08:49

Bastion
Sounds exactly how I expected it to - not like The Rolling Stones.

... although you would have said the same thing, no matter how it sounded.

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: September 26, 2021 14:43

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 26, 2021 16:21

Micks eyes seemed a bit puffy in that recent promo video and thought it might have been lack of sleep, but he also looks a bit tired in the pic above...

Posted by: frenki09 ()
Date: September 28, 2021 09:10

paulspendel
I'd like to support jumpingjackflash5 here. When people like omerchy61 start to swear in their response they lose the discussion anyway. Besides writing '...till the Stones put you in your place' sounds like attributing divine powers to the Stones. Which proves some posters see the Stones as some sort of religion that can't be critisized.

I agree. I have not read jjf5's posts. But whatever he writes is a comment and he is free to do so as long as it does not violate rules. I normally ignore comments I do not agree with out of respect. No point wasting precious time trying to convince someone of something when the person has a differing opinion. You would not succeed in doing so anyway...

Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 8, 2021 04:57

I got some excellent new photos from the private show in Foxboro, taken by Hendrik Mulder. They are all published here now, see link below.

The Rolling Stones
Private show for the Kraft Family
Gillette Stadium, Foxboro, MA, USA
Monday September 21, 2021

Just one sample of the published pictures:

Bjornulf

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 8, 2021 05:50

I got a black cap bone
I got a mojo too

.................... Hoochie Coochie Man - Willie Dixon

ROCKMAN

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1819202122232425262728
Current Page: 28 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1922
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home