Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1819202122232425262728Next
Current Page: 27 of 28
Re: The Rolling Stones private show at Gillette Stadium Foxboro/Boston Sept 20, 2021
Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: September 24, 2021 16:38

Here we go again...

jumpingjackflash5
with sssoul
jumpingjackflash5, your monotonous boom boom boom cutting through the thread every two or three posts
is really tiresome, especially when you start busily planning what the band must/should/can do.
Let go of their ears – they know what they're doing.

I'm happy people enjoyed the show; that's what it was for.

If it was hard for us to see photos of that final bow, how hard was it for them to somehow go out there and do it.
Blessings and strength and courage on the Rolling Stones, all of them, for good.

I thought this forum is for discussing things. I post in appropriate threads only. I react to the others and express my opinions. Just for your calmness, I shall probably post much less in the future.
In the past many bands struggled to handle such a big loss no matter how "well the knew that they were doing". The Doors tried with Full Circle album, Queen with Adam Lambert, etc.I would like the Stones to maintain very high standard that they set throughout their whole career, and I can see that aim is threatened now.

Hum...talk is cheap it seems, please stick to your word !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-24 16:39 by gotdablouse.

Re: The Rolling Stones private show at Gillette Stadium Foxboro/Boston Sept 20, 2021
Date: September 24, 2021 16:40

gotdablouse
Here we go again...

jumpingjackflash5
with sssoul
jumpingjackflash5, your monotonous boom boom boom cutting through the thread every two or three posts
is really tiresome, especially when you start busily planning what the band must/should/can do.

If it was hard for us to see photos of that final bow, how hard was it for them to somehow go out there and do it.
Blessings and strength and courage on the Rolling Stones, all of them, for good.

I thought this forum is for discussing things. I post in appropriate threads only. I react to the others and express my opinions. Just for your calmness, I shall probably post much less in the future.
In the past many bands struggled to handle such a big loss no matter how "well the knew that they were doing". The Doors tried with Full Circle album, Queen with Adam Lambert, etc.I would like the Stones to maintain very high standard that they set throughout their whole career, and I can see that aim is threatened now.

Wait few days, OK? ;-)

Posted by: bv ()
Date: September 24, 2021 16:53

micawber
campxray
KeithNacho
We can even complain about Keith's bonnet. What about a new thread?

The whiners definitely need to start their own thread. Don't need it here, nor in the upcoming shows. As far as Keith's hat, I've seen pics of him wearing a green one and yellow one back in March in a studio and also inside his home at Parrot Cay and on a boat in Parrot Cay, so it just didn't start for this tour.

It's a sign of Covid-times that only one opinion is 'correct'. And all others have to shut up. Very sad.

Some things are NEVER right, like jumping in front of a fast moving train or car. You might say the same about fighting covid, but that is a separate discussion in a separate thread.

The right to think and speak does not mean you have the right to offend. A child age four may ask the mommy on the bus in loud why the person next to them have such a long nose, or strange hair, but grown up people - adults - are supposed to have a minimum of manners.

Just ignore the negativity. If you comment on it then the negativity will just grow.

Bjornulf

Date: September 24, 2021 17:44

Stoneage
And a bald Jagger would of course be unthinkable? The end of The Rolling Stones?

Don't worry, anybody's hair can be adjusted with an 8mm hex screwdriver. winking smiley

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: September 24, 2021 17:55

bv
micawber
campxray
KeithNacho

The whiners definitely need to start their own thread. Don't need it here, nor in the upcoming shows. As far as Keith's hat, I've seen pics of him wearing a green one and yellow one back in March in a studio and also inside his home at Parrot Cay and on a boat in Parrot Cay, so it just didn't start for this tour.

It's a sign of Covid-times that only one opinion is 'correct'. And all others have to shut up. Very sad.

The right to think and speak does not mean you have the right to offend. A child age four may ask the mommy on the bus in loud why the person next to them have such a long nose, or strange hair, but grown up people - adults - are supposed to have a minimum of manners.

We'll said.

The supposed anonymity of social media seems to cause people to say things they'd never say in person.

And reality TV usually showing the worst of humanity creeps into the new normal and encouraged terrible behavior.

I try to avoid both (don't watch reality TV, don't use Facebook, Instagram, snapchat).

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: September 24, 2021 18:51

They sound great for nearly 80 year old men , and good for any age.

Posted by: CamRS ()
Date: September 24, 2021 19:56

bv
micawber
campxray
KeithNacho

Some things are NEVER right, like jumping in front of a fast moving train or car. You might say the same about fighting covid, but that is a separate discussion in a separate thread.

Just ignore the negativity. If you comment on it then the negativity will just grow.

Thank you bv for posting this. I’m more of a visitor than a poster here, but as a frequent visitor, it’s frustrating to find threads hijacked by unnecessarily negative individuals.

We all have different opinions of the band members, their albums, which songs we like, their setlists, etc. But there are too many posters who hide their trollish behavior behind “differing opinions”.

You don’t like the way the band sounds with Steve? Perfectly fine. There’s no need to take that a step further and say the band’s embarrassing themselves, they need to quit, the quality sucks, they need to find a new drummer, Mick and Keith don’t care, they just want the money, etc.

I’m assuming that everyone who visits and posts on this board does so because they love The Rolling Stones. Do I love everything they do as a band and as people? No, but I’m not here to trash them, I’m here to celebrate them.

Posted by: Rocktiludrop ()
Date: September 24, 2021 20:25

TheGreek
I see the photos of both Mick and Ronnie and there hair looks real enough to me , what an absurd and stupid thing to be critiquing there hair . As far as there demise without Charlie -they have always managed to survive as they are the ultimate warriors . Also such an absurd comparison to Queen and the Doors , as they certainly are not in the same league or even the same universe as the Stones are . I was pleasantly shocked/surprised at how well they sounded and played at Gillette Stadium(one of my all time favorite venues I might add !, with some of the finest hospitality and folks ) private Kraft service party . Seriously the drummer Steve Jordan did a great job and the ultimate professional . What was of more vital concern to me was the guitar section of course and Mick . Well to me as I reported yesterday it seems the Stones -have upped there game and it showed to me in the small sample size provided by the clips posted , and I think that was a very good omen .

This is going to be a great tour, sounds like the boys have brought their A game,( they had to) Keith properly rehearsed for once

And to think they are almost 80 years of age, it's beyond belief, it really is, I'd love to know their secret to eternal youth winking smiley

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: September 24, 2021 20:56

Rocktiludrop
TheGreek
I see the photos of both Mick and Ronnie and there hair looks real enough to me , what an absurd and stupid thing to be critiquing there hair . As far as there demise without Charlie -they have always managed to survive as they are the ultimate warriors . Also such an absurd comparison to Queen and the Doors , as they certainly are not in the same league or even the same universe as the Stones are . I was pleasantly shocked/surprised at how well they sounded and played at Gillette Stadium(one of my all time favorite venues I might add !, with some of the finest hospitality and folks ) private Kraft service party . Seriously the drummer Steve Jordan did a great job and the ultimate professional . What was of more vital concern to me was the guitar section of course and Mick . Well to me as I reported yesterday it seems the Stones -have upped there game and it showed to me in the small sample size provided by the clips posted , and I think that was a very good omen .

This is going to be a great tour, sounds like the boys have brought their A game,( they had to) Keith properly rehearsed for once

And to think they are almost 80 years of age, it's beyond belief, it really is, I'd love to know their secret to eternal youth winking smiley
A pact made long ago in a far far away Galaxy with the Darth Sidious

Date: September 24, 2021 21:08

Stoneage
And a bald Jagger would of course be unthinkable? The end of The Rolling Stones?

We live in such a shallow world that it probably would be the end of the Stones, so of course he probably has the best strand by strand treatment money can buy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-24 21:16 by Rocktiludrop.

Date: September 24, 2021 21:12

TheGreek
Rocktiludrop
TheGreek

A pact made long ago in a far far away Galaxy with the Darth Sidious

And don't forget the all important Adrenochrome winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-24 21:15 by Rocktiludrop.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: September 24, 2021 23:54

As a Die-Hard " fan" for over 56 years, one of my favorite parts of the show was their final bow which I've photographed dozens of times...I've crawled over people and climbed on chairs to get the right shot...and seeing that photo of Mick, Keith & Ronnie bowing made me sob...like a dagger to my heart...piercing. Honestly, if I were going to one of these concerets, I think I might cry my way through it. I'm not going for two reasons..the depressing factor which I just explained and Covid. I just don't feel safe in huge crowds ( I've said all of this before so I won't belabor the point)The thought that the band members are opening themselves up to this danger baffles me. Jagger is a very health conscious person...how does he REALLY feel about this? BV, are they that beholden to the insurance company that they need to take this risk? You think they're continuing because they are compelled to do what they love--that is to perform or is there more to it? They have to be heart-broken..I know most of us fans are so imagine how they feel.Maybe the only way they can feel better IS to perform...that may be. They must all be vaccinated but now we see break-through cases becoming quite common...another reason to worry. Garth Brooks just cancelled his huge tour because of Covid and is doing a series of very small, very controlled shows...so it can be done. Maybe I worry too much but I sure as HELL don't want to even think of another member of that band becoming seriously ill. Just my opinion...fingers crossed and prayers for them to all stay safe & healthy.

Date: September 25, 2021 05:07

Thx to Luisa Cloutier smileys with beer

Living in a Ghost Town (Cut)
[www.facebook.com]

You Can't Always Get What You Want (Cut)

[www.facebook.com]

You Can't Always Get What You Want (Cut)

[www.facebook.com]

Midnight Rambler (Cut)

[www.facebook.com]

Original post

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: ohmercy61 ()
Date: September 25, 2021 06:22

So now jumpingjackflash5 is commenting on mick and Ronnie's hair and looks dude your pathetic
Can't wait till the Stones put you in your place.your a nobody just shut the h##[ up.

Posted by: bam ()
Date: September 25, 2021 06:26

Thanks for the Facebook links!

Date: September 25, 2021 07:02

ohmercy61
So now jumpingjackflash5 is commenting on mick and Ronnie's hair and looks dude your pathetic
Can't wait till the Stones put you in your place.your a nobody just shut the h##[ up.

I did not comment on anybody's appearance.
I expressed my opinion on the new sound of the drums and things related to that.
I was thinking that debating and reflecting the sound of the band is not a sin here.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-25 07:12 by jumpingjackflash5.

Posted by: paulspendel ()
Date: September 25, 2021 08:28

I'd like to support jumpingjackflash5 here. When people like omerchy61 start to swear in their response they lose the discussion anyway. Besides writing '...till the Stones put you in your place' sounds like attributing divine powers to the Stones. Which proves some posters see the Stones as some sort of religion that can't be critisized.

Date: September 25, 2021 08:32

paulspendel
I'd like to support jumpingjackflash5 here. When people like omerchy61 start to swear in their response they lose the discussion anyway. Besides writing '...till the Stones put you in your place' sounds like attributing divine powers to the Stones. Which proves some posters see the Stones as some sort of religion that can't be critisized.

Thank you very much. Keeping fingers crossed for tomorrow's show and the whole fall tour, even if I do not like the new sound, I wish the band the best.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-25 08:33 by jumpingjackflash5.

Posted by: paulspendel ()
Date: September 25, 2021 08:46

This last post of yours says it all!
On my account: let’s all wish them a good hair day...

Posted by: StonedAsiaExile ()
Date: September 25, 2021 08:59

TheflyingDutchman
Stoneage

Don't worry, anybody's hair can be adjusted with an 8mm hex screwdriver. winking smiley

According to Chris Jagger in his new book, he commented that he doubts any of the Stones would know one end from another concerning a screwdriver lol

Posted by: GerardHennessy ()
Date: September 25, 2021 09:44

jumpingjackflash5
gotdablouse
Here we go again...

jumpingjackflash5
with sssoul

Wait few days, OK? ;-)

Sadly this forum is no longer a place to express different opinions or constructive and dignified debate. For me your points were made respectfully, appropriately and entirely constructively. I joined to converse with fellow fans, and debate matters of interest about The Stones. I have learned that it is very difficult do do this.

For me (and I have emphasised again and again that I merely express an opinion) I believe The Stones should consider stopping NOW. I have been accused of indecency, disrespect and a lot worse. I apologised for any unintended upset caused. It was dismissed. I was told I was trying to cancel The Stones, that I was a 'hater' and more along those lines. I am none of those things.

I refer to my own experience merely to express solidarity with your views and your overall communication style. I have no wish to make this comment about me. I hope you keep expressing your opinion. Keep articulating your perspective on the band. And keep loving The Stones.

I don't know any other Stones fans outside this forum. But I have been upset to hear the band being mocked, laughed at, and dismissed as an irrelevancy by so many people non-Stones fans recently. That is mainly why I want them to stop now before they receive further patronising comments, ridicule and dismissal by members of the general public.

If I want them to stop it is out of protectiveness, not criticism. I have loved this band for 58 years. Yes ever single one of them. Many years ago I urged my dad to retire when he was unable to work to the same standard he effortlessly achieved in his prime. I did so because I loved him. He later thanked me for it.

I do the same thing, for the same reasons now. Maybe i'm wrong. Maybe The Stones CAN and SHOULD keep on performing. But even if I'm wrong I have a right to express that opinion, respectfully, appropriately and in a spirit of democracy. Others most certainly can challenge it. Just do so appropriately. Not tyrannically, unpleasantly or hurtfully.

We all love The Stones here. Each in our own ways!

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: September 25, 2021 09:50

Those Rolling Stones boys feel like a family and safe haven for many of the diehards,and why not?It’s a great way of escaping the sometimes drudgery of life.So the passing of a band member is like someone in the family passing.And you don’t stop visiting cause one has passed,the others remain.It’s the commitment,love and affection that remains.And hopefully with this remaining family we still get some good performances and music.The show must go on !

Date: September 25, 2021 10:25

GerardHennessy

Sadly this forum is no longer a place to express different opinions or constructive and dignified debate. For me your points were made respectfully, appropriately and entirely constructively. I joined to converse with fellow fans, and debate matters of interest about The Stones. I have learned that it is very difficult do do this.

For me (and I have emphasised again and again that I merely express an opinion) I believe The Stones should consider stopping NOW. I have been accused of indecency, disrespect and a lot worse. I apologised for any unintended upset caused. It was dismissed. I was told I was trying to cancel The Stones, that I was a 'hater' and more along those lines. I am none of those things.

I refer to my own experience merely to express solidarity with your views and your overall communication style. I have no wish to make this comment about me. I hope you keep expressing your opinion. Keep articulating your perspective on the band. And keep loving The Stones.

I don't know any other Stones fans outside this forum. But I have been upset to hear the band being mocked, laughed at, and dismissed as an irrelevancy by so many people non-Stones fans recently. That is mainly why I want them to stop now before they receive further patronising comments, ridicule and dismissal by members of the general public.

If I want them to stop it is out of protectiveness, not criticism. I have loved this band for 58 years. Yes ever single one of them. Many years ago I urged my dad to retire when he was unable to work to the same standard he effortlessly achieved in his prime. I did so because I loved him. He later thanked me for it.

I do the same thing, for the same reasons now. Maybe i'm wrong. Maybe The Stones CAN and SHOULD keep on performing. But even if I'm wrong I have a right to express that opinion, respectfully, appropriately and in a spirit of democracy. Others most certainly can challenge it. Just do so appropriately. Not tyrannically, unpleasantly or hurtfully.

We all love The Stones here. Each in our own ways!

Thank you! I also love the Stones.
I do not think that they must stop now, but I agree that if I ever said they should stop under some circumstances it was because of protectiveness, not criticism. Your example with your father is perfect.
I hope they still find a way to play as they like and maintain high standard that we are used to.
I shall listen to some new recordings from fall show and carefully look if things in the drumming department are getting better, or not.
As for the new video snippets above, Midnight Rambler is good, Ghost town drumming completely wrong.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-25 10:29 by jumpingjackflash5.

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: September 25, 2021 11:39

paulspendel

Thank you for this and I second your support - jumpingjackflash5 has said nothing to warrant such rudeness.

As far as the great SJ debate goes I was on the fence from the first batch of clips uploaded but the second four above I find very promising. (The whole band sound great too.) Midnight Rambler was always going to be the acid test and I thought Steve did fine in that snippet. YCAGWYW was also very good. I don't think the Ghost Town snippet did any of them any favours but look forward to hearing that bit as part of the whole song. Pretty excited for tomorrow now.

Date: September 25, 2021 13:20

<I don't think the Ghost Town snippet did any of them any favours>

It sounds like they were at the 'dub'-part in the song. There's studio trickery on the studio version there (not a beat from Charlie to compare with), and Steve is doing fine there in the clip, imo.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: September 25, 2021 14:36

And they've always had problems with these slow grooves on stage...can't remember a version of ASMB that actually worked too well and they did play it a few times.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: KSAM ()
Date: September 25, 2021 14:53

DandelionPowderman

It sounds like they were at the 'dub'-part in the song. There's studio trickery on the studio version there (not a beat from Charlie to compare with), and Steve is doing fine there in the clip, imo.
Ghost Town was amazing live. Luisa’s clip was from the down-low passage of the song. People wait till you see them do this live and if it’s anywhere as good as Foxborough you will love it and the stadiums will be swinging! I’ll dare anyone to stop their body from grooving when they experience the song themselves. Dual guitar attack impressive and infectious!! I actually chatted with Luisa after the show. Dolce signora!!

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: September 25, 2021 15:00

The Midnight Rambler clip sounds decent. The drums are of course much heavier. Especially compared to something like the Marquee 1971 version, but compared to a heavier version like MSG 2003, the difference is not as big in terms of loudness at least.

Posted by: Hendrik ()
Date: September 25, 2021 15:10

jumpingjackflash5

I hope they still find a way to play as they like and maintain high standard that we are used to.
I shall listen to some new recordings from fall show and carefully look if things in the drumming department are getting better, or not.
As for the new video snippets above, Midnight Rambler is good, Ghost town drumming completely wrong.

Really jumpingjackflash5, we all know by now that you don’t like the new sound; you made this very very clear in this thread by posting this over 50 times...

Hope you gonna see and enjoy some shows this tour instead of not being there and just listen to recordings.

Hendrik Mulder

Posted by: KSAM ()
Date: September 25, 2021 15:11

TheBlockbuster
The Midnight Rambler clip sounds decent. The drums are of course much heavier. Especially compared to something like the Marquee 1971 version, but compared to a heavier version like MSG 2003, the difference is not as big in terms of loudness at least.
yeah all the videos that have surfaced including my own sound more like demo versions of what we heard live on Monday. Cell phone microphones have mechanical limitations and that’s undeniable. My ears told me SJ killed it in Foxborough. A bit different but really enjoyable!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1819202122232425262728Next
Current Page: 27 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1951
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home