Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1819202122232425262728Next
Current Page: 25 of 28
Re: The Rolling Stones private show at Gillette Stadium Foxboro/Boston Sept 20, 2021
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: September 23, 2021 13:45

Lien

Some pictures/clips front of stage

[Imgur.com]

[Imgur.com]

[Imgur.com]

[Imgur.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-23 14:10 by Irix.

Re: The Rolling Stones private show at Gillette Stadium Foxboro/Boston Sept 20, 2021
Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: September 23, 2021 13:46

From the clips posted it works and the Stones still rock and roll . I can be quite negative and I have to be fair and honest that the Stones work and good for them . It almost seems , and I could be wrong and it's only one show to judge on say that's a very small sample size but it seems that Mick, Keith, and Ronnie ( almost wrote Charlie -this will take time folks ) have upped there game . Yes they always come in a certain way in the beginning of a tour and then mid way thru a tour they have there sea legs under them so to speak , but it is a good sign seeing the recharged Stones firing better than expected at this late stage in the career .Good for them !

Posted by: Rocktiludrop ()
Date: September 23, 2021 14:06

It's so strange to just see three Stones taking a bow, that really hit me.

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: September 23, 2021 14:08

sad, sad, sad

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: September 23, 2021 14:14

matxil

- Obviously they would have continued with Charlie forever, it that were possible, but it isn't. When the Lord gets ready, you gotta move and time waits for no-one.

- That's the history of rock music: you go on and change things.Some people will stop loving them, others will start loving them.

It will bring them somewhere else, and it would be interesting to see where that is, without looking at what isn't there anymore.

That's the essence.

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

Date: September 23, 2021 15:17

Then there were three.

[Imgur.com]

Date: September 23, 2021 15:44

Agree. Like something is missing.

Rocktiludrop

Posted by: dennycranium ()
Date: September 23, 2021 15:47

TheflyingDutchman
Then there were three.

[Imgur.com]

This moment hit me, it's real now. Charlie's gone.
I wonder if the moment hit them.
I'm going to see them in Detroit.
Going for me, for the band, for Steve, and Charlie.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 23, 2021 16:04

georgemcdonnell314
Agree. Like something is missing.

Rocktiludrop

All these pics of the final bow without Charlie are terribly sad...

And nothing against Steve Jordan as he's a great drummer (in a different context), but seeing him in Charlie's seat seems completely wrong.
Very hard to accept that Charlie's now gone and has been instantly replaced, and not sure it will ever be easy ...must be tough on all of them...the engine has stopped rolling......

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-23 16:05 by Hairball.

Posted by: bobo ()
Date: September 23, 2021 16:08

Must be a tough life to be so negative like a few guys are around here. But amusing to read this kind of bullshit. Makes me feel good to know I am in the other end of the scale.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-23 16:10 by bobo.

Date: September 23, 2021 16:10

Did they announce the 60th -anniversary tour already?

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: September 23, 2021 16:19

Barring any accidents, in one word : "yes" : [iorr.org]

"The tour ends November 20th at the Circuit of the America race track in Austin, Texas, and Jagger said he’s not ready to say whether they will wrap it up once it’s done. “I’ve been asked that question since I was 31,” he said. “And your answer is the same. I don’t know. I mean, anything could happen. You know, if things are good next year and everyone’s feeling good about touring, I’m sure we’ll do shows. I’m just trying to concentrate on this tour now.”"

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: September 23, 2021 16:20

Q: "Could this be the last tour? Or are the rehearsals telling you something different?"

Ronnie: "I got a feeling that we’re just tickling the surface here. We’re seeing another unexploded mine. It’s got a lot of time on it."

[iorr.org] , [Variety.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-23 23:35 by Irix.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: September 23, 2021 16:38

While the answer indicates they are willing to play further shows, it also indicates that nothing special is planned. The "anniversary" still is something that was entirely invented here.

Posted by: Rocktiludrop ()
Date: September 23, 2021 16:56

Nikkei
While the answer indicates they are willing to play further shows, it also indicates that nothing special is planned. The "anniversary" still is something that was entirely invented here.

Don't be nieve, Mick knows the 60th anniversary is his last big pay day..

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: September 23, 2021 17:13

Not that he needs one, but yes his answer means that it will happen "barring any accidents".

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: September 23, 2021 17:20

TheflyingDutchman
Then there were three.

[Imgur.com]

Wow, as a long time Stones fan, seeing and digesting this picture with just the three of them is so hard. I wish everyone who has got tickets for the upcoming tour has a great time and enjoys themselves. Me, I think I'm gonna pass. I am content with the lasting memory of seeing them live on the stage (for one of the better later day shows) with my son in Buffalo in 2015. I was very blessed to have seen a great run of shows since the 1970's. To Mick, Keith, and Ronnie, God's speed and may the Good Lord shine a light on you!!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-23 17:28 by Sighunt.

Posted by: HouseBoyKnows ()
Date: September 23, 2021 17:22

So I've read all the back and forth and can see both points of view on Charlie vs Steve. For me it comes down to;

Should I boycott a band with Mick, Keith and Ronnie that plays Rolling Stones songs?
Because they cannot replicate the Charlie swing with the replacement drummer and yet dare to call themselves the Rolling Stones?

The answer is no. I would like at least one more chance to see and hear this band - even without Charlie. It's got to be highly entertaining and will be the next chapter in a long saga which I followed since I was 10 in 1964 and intend to see to the end. I hope to see some of you in the pit in St Louis and Pittsburgh. I'll be the one with the Stones tongue maskspinning smiley sticking its tongue out

HBK

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: September 23, 2021 17:27

Sighunt
TheflyingDutchman
Then there were three.

[Imgur.com]

Wow, as a long time Stones fan, seeing and digesting this picture with just the three of them is so hard. I wish everyone who has got tickets for the upcoming tour has a great time and enjoys themselves. Me, I think I'm gonna pass. I am content with the lasting memory of seeing them live on the stage (for one of the better later day shows) with my son in Buffalo in 2015.

I'm going to one show but this hurts.

Posted by: caschimann ()
Date: September 23, 2021 17:58

MizzAmandaJonez
The Rolling Stones.

Always ahead of their time, always adapting to change, or in many cases...change follows their lead as they are the trendsetters.

This is the history of the greatest rock and roll band in the world, and that history is still being written.

Lucky us, or lucky for those who appreciate their efforts.

As BV states..."This is the place for Rolling Stones FANS from all over the world. You will find the latest news about The Rolling Stones, great photos, tour dates and lots more. Put on some real good Stones music, play it loud, and enjoy your stay!"

Websters defines "FAN" as "an enthusiastic devotee, usually as a spectator. An ardent admirer or enthusiast".

They define the word "Ardent" as "characterized by WARMTH of FEELING typically expressed in EAGER ZEALOUS SUPPORT."

Some people wake up on the wrong side of the bed, and some see the glass of water on the nightstand as half full...and some wake up in a great mood every day and are "happy to be here, and happy to be anywhere"... and when one door closes, they see another opening.

To me, this band has always rose to the occasion and fought through struggles that kill most bands. While there are things we as fans may do differently, like not taking $15m to play a show to a bunch of rich people and instead playing a warm up show for the true fans, we also have to understand this is a business. To get the Stones and their team to do a tour, there are a lot of costs. I got in to see the Double Door warm up show in ’97, and while it wasn’t millionaires in the crowd, it wasn’t true fans either.

All of these debates on IORR about Mick Taylor and now Steve Jordan are interesting fodder, but it pains me to see the negativity on here sometimes. I wonder why do the complainers come here and complain, don’t they have something better to do?

Overall, I am pleased they are still making the effort to be a band, to play live shows, and hopefully to find a way…maybe in Charlie's honor....to create, finish and release some new music. I was super happy to hear they played “Trouble’s a Coming”, but I think we all hope for more new music, more often. Their music and concerts have always made me happy, and to this day that continues.

This change is sad, as everyone loved Charlie, especially his family, bandmates and those who were blessed to be close to him for many years. They all must clearly must still be in shock. I thought the three core members coming together to say a few words was perfect. Nothing over the top, as Charlie was the least over the top member of the band. A touching brief statement and on with the show.

This band continues to adapt to “a striking alteration in appearance, character, or circumstances”, (Metamorphosis) from Brian’s departure and untimely death to Stew’s passing to Mick Taylor quitting, to Ronnie joining, to Keith’s drug bust to his new found sobriety, to surviving WWIII and solo projects to Bill quitting and now what may be their largest challenge to date, losing their dear friend and bandmate Charlie.

Let's give them some positive vibes for the effort, some needed space, and let’s continue to enjoy this magical ride they have us on, without all the negativity please.

In Charlie’s honor.

WWCD?

Thanks so much Mizz!! After reading it I'm done with this thread. Nothing to add.
And on with the show.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: September 23, 2021 18:56

Nikkei

It has already been stated here that they have venues booked around Europe for next year.

Nate

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: September 23, 2021 19:07

This one is history now. The real media attention will be focused on the tour premiere on Sunday. This was just a warm up.

Posted by: JN99 ()
Date: September 23, 2021 19:30

Rocktiludrop

Agree, it's heartbreaking, to me at least. Seeing it has put a lump in my throat, that feeling of loss again.

Posted by: cyclist ()
Date: September 23, 2021 19:50

Ronnie holding up three fingers, too. That's tough to see...

Date: September 23, 2021 20:00

cyclist

Ronnie holding up three fingers, too.

Mick all 5 fingers .... [Imgur.com] .

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: September 23, 2021 21:24

Seeing the three of them like that really evokes a feeling of emptiness; and I’m saying this as someone who, personally, thinks they should give it their all during these forthcoming shows.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 23, 2021 21:35

Irix
cyclist

Ronnie holding up three fingers, too.

Mick all 5 fingers .... [Imgur.com] .

Waiving goodbye, but yes.

So nice to see him and Keith embrace on the way off the stage.
This huge loss is going to bring all of them closer, no doubt.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: September 23, 2021 22:00

Rocktiludrop
Nikkei

Don't be nieve, Mick knows the 60th anniversary is his last big pay day..

As if Mick needs one more big payday lol. If they so desired they could keep doing tours like this until they can't.

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: September 23, 2021 23:00

We can even complain about Keith's bonnet. What about a new thread?

Posted by: campxray ()
Date: September 23, 2021 23:16

KeithNacho
We can even complain about Keith's bonnet. What about a new thread?

The whiners definitely need to start their own thread. Don't need it here, nor in the upcoming shows. As far as Keith's hat, I've seen pics of him wearing a green one and yellow one back in March in a studio and also inside his home at Parrot Cay and on a boat in Parrot Cay, so it just didn't start for this tour.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1819202122232425262728Next
Current Page: 25 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1530
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home