Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1819202122232425262728Next
Current Page: 23 of 28
Re: The Rolling Stones private show at Gillette Stadium Foxboro/Boston Sept 20, 2021
Posted by: KSAM ()
Date: September 23, 2021 00:09

Yeah if they want to be. At the risk of being callous, human beings sadly pass away and get replaced, sometimes by band members and sometimes by contract musicians. It’s their choice and yours to agree or not. Since the formation of the first solid lineup was completed in 1963-ish, The Rolling Stones have only had one voluntary lineup change when they fired Brian. They’re not changing band members willy-nilly so it’s The Rolling Stones to me as long as Keith and Mick and Ronnie say it is. Obviously if a Glimmer goes that changes the calculus. Let’s enjoy this while it’s still possible to enjoy things!! There are a lot of happy people on here so let’s not continue and kill everybody’s buzz. It’s Only Rock and Roll!!!!

Re: The Rolling Stones private show at Gillette Stadium Foxboro/Boston Sept 20, 2021
Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: September 23, 2021 00:13

Thanks for posting those videos KSAM.
You raised some good points in your essay there.Maybe a contender for one of the longest posts of late.An enjoyable read,although I felt like I had aged a bit by the time I had finished the read.Cheers.

Date: September 23, 2021 00:14

gotdablouse
Wow some people here seem to have too much time on their hand and seem to have made it their mission to boss the thread with their ramblings and spoil everyone's fun...what gives ?!

@KSAM - thanks a ton, great write-up and well done on making it inside !

It's a bit hard to tell for sure from the videos but it seems that SJ was grinning from ear to ear at all times, is that just an impression or was it indeed like that ? It struck me as a bit odd given the "circumstances" of course but and also because it's not the Stones and their musicians usually do, well except maybe Ronnie.

Thanks. Yeah, Jordan looked like he was having the time of his life. First live appearance with the Stones! Cool look too with the shades. Keef spent most of the night hovering around the drum riser. They smiled at each other all show. Just like with Charlie. It was super cool and fun and great I swear.

Posted by: Boognish ()
Date: September 23, 2021 00:17

jumpingjackflash5
Minority here, me included, cares about the quality of the sound and dignity of the band.
If you care so much about the quality of the sound then don't judge the quality of the sound based on a 60 second cellphone recording, which is not an accurate representation of the sound you're listening to.

Date: September 23, 2021 00:17

Really no sh*t! I used to get in trouble in school for talking too much!

Posted by: mrjones ()
Date: September 23, 2021 00:27

Yeah quite alot of Biatch titter tatter going on here!

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: September 23, 2021 00:37

KSAM
gotdablouse
Wow some people here seem to have too much time on their hand and seem to have made it their mission to boss the thread with their ramblings and spoil everyone's fun...what gives ?!

@KSAM - thanks a ton, great write-up and well done on making it inside !

It's a bit hard to tell for sure from the videos but it seems that SJ was grinning from ear to ear at all times, is that just an impression or was it indeed like that ? It struck me as a bit odd given the "circumstances" of course but and also because it's not the Stones and their musicians usually do, well except maybe Ronnie.

Thanks. Yeah, Jordan looked like he was having the time of his life. First live appearance with the Stones! Cool look too with the shades. Keef spent most of the night hovering around the drum riser. They smiled at each other all show. Just like with Charlie. It was super cool and fun and great I swear.

Thanks for confirming, I suppose I can see where he was coming from and "entertainers" know how to put on a good face on stage whatever happens, but dunno, I've always thought of the Stones is a "bit more" than "entertainers"...let's see what happens on Sunday.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: September 23, 2021 00:44

Thanks so much KSAM for giving us those video's of what must have been a great night for you in Boston .
Really appreciate all your comments, and I just scroll through the downers from some people posting here just lately.

I really hope they clear off from IORR as they obviously don't like the Band any more.

Why do some of you moan and groan..........and then keep on and on with negative comments.......and still come back here.

It really does baffle me.sad smiley

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 23, 2021 00:58

KSAM

Thanks for the first hand report, from the clips he indeed looks like he's having the time of his life.
Good on him, and love hearing about the interaction with Keith thumbs up

He went from one time "World's Most Dangerous Band" player to playing with "The Greatest Rock & Roll Band in the World".. not a bad resume cool smiley

Date: September 23, 2021 01:09

Here's another video and I know it maybe the same ones as before, but I can't be bothered to compare it to the other videos.

Better to have more than nothing at all. thumbs up

Posted by: Iggyrichards ()
Date: September 23, 2021 01:26

Fan freaking tastic post KSAM!

Date: September 23, 2021 01:37

Thanks very much KSAM! Hope you stick around here. It’s frustrating sometimes but fun most of time.

On the 7th day God created The Rolling Stones

Posted by: MizzAmandaJonez ()
Date: September 23, 2021 01:42

The Rolling Stones.

Always ahead of their time, always adapting to change, or in many cases...change follows their lead as they are the trendsetters.

This is the history of the greatest rock and roll band in the world, and that history is still being written.

Lucky us, or lucky for those who appreciate their efforts.

As BV states..."This is the place for Rolling Stones FANS from all over the world. You will find the latest news about The Rolling Stones, great photos, tour dates and lots more. Put on some real good Stones music, play it loud, and enjoy your stay!"

Websters defines "FAN" as "an enthusiastic devotee, usually as a spectator. An ardent admirer or enthusiast".

They define the word "Ardent" as "characterized by WARMTH of FEELING typically expressed in EAGER ZEALOUS SUPPORT."

Some people wake up on the wrong side of the bed, and some see the glass of water on the nightstand as half full...and some wake up in a great mood every day and are "happy to be here, and happy to be anywhere"... and when one door closes, they see another opening.

To me, this band has always rose to the occasion and fought through struggles that kill most bands. While there are things we as fans may do differently, like not taking $15m to play a show to a bunch of rich people and instead playing a warm up show for the true fans, we also have to understand this is a business. To get the Stones and their team to do a tour, there are a lot of costs. I got in to see the Double Door warm up show in ’97, and while it wasn’t millionaires in the crowd, it wasn’t true fans either.

All of these debates on IORR about Mick Taylor and now Steve Jordan are interesting fodder, but it pains me to see the negativity on here sometimes. I wonder why do the complainers come here and complain, don’t they have something better to do?

Overall, I am pleased they are still making the effort to be a band, to play live shows, and hopefully to find a way…maybe in Charlie's honor....to create, finish and release some new music. I was super happy to hear they played “Trouble’s a Coming”, but I think we all hope for more new music, more often. Their music and concerts have always made me happy, and to this day that continues.

This change is sad, as everyone loved Charlie, especially his family, bandmates and those who were blessed to be close to him for many years. They all must clearly must still be in shock. I thought the three core members coming together to say a few words was perfect. Nothing over the top, as Charlie was the least over the top member of the band. A touching brief statement and on with the show.

This band continues to adapt to “a striking alteration in appearance, character, or circumstances”, (Metamorphosis) from Brian’s departure and untimely death to Stew’s passing to Mick Taylor quitting, to Ronnie joining, to Keith’s drug bust to his new found sobriety, to surviving WWIII and solo projects to Bill quitting and now what may be their largest challenge to date, losing their dear friend and bandmate Charlie.

Let's give them some positive vibes for the effort, some needed space, and let’s continue to enjoy this magical ride they have us on, without all the negativity please.

In Charlie’s honor.

WWCD?

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: September 23, 2021 01:51

MizzAmandaJonez
The Rolling Stones.

Always ahead of their time, always adapting to change, or in many cases...change follows their lead as they are the trendsetters.

This is the history of the greatest rock and roll band in the world, and that history is still being written.

Lucky us, or lucky for those who appreciate their efforts.

As BV states..."This is the place for Rolling Stones FANS from all over the world. You will find the latest news about The Rolling Stones, great photos, tour dates and lots more. Put on some real good Stones music, play it loud, and enjoy your stay!"

Websters defines "FAN" as "an enthusiastic devotee, usually as a spectator. An ardent admirer or enthusiast".

They define the word "Ardent" as "characterized by WARMTH of FEELING typically expressed in EAGER ZEALOUS SUPPORT."

Some people wake up on the wrong side of the bed, and some see the glass of water on the nightstand as half full...and some wake up in a great mood every day and are "happy to be here, and happy to be anywhere"... and when one door closes, they see another opening.

To me, this band has always rose to the occasion and fought through struggles that kill most bands. While there are things we as fans may do differently, like not taking $15m to play a show to a bunch of rich people and instead playing a warm up show for the true fans, we also have to understand this is a business. To get the Stones and their team to do a tour, there are a lot of costs. I got in to see the Double Door warm up show in ’97, and while it wasn’t millionaires in the crowd, it wasn’t true fans either.

All of these debates on IORR about Mick Taylor and now Steve Jordan are interesting fodder, but it pains me to see the negativity on here sometimes. I wonder why do the complainers come here and complain, don’t they have something better to do?

Overall, I am pleased they are still making the effort to be a band, to play live shows, and hopefully to find a way…maybe in Charlie's honor....to create, finish and release some new music. I was super happy to hear they played “Trouble’s a Coming”, but I think we all hope for more new music, more often. Their music and concerts have always made me happy, and to this day that continues.

This change is sad, as everyone loved Charlie, especially his family, bandmates and those who were blessed to be close to him for many years. They all must clearly must still be in shock. I thought the three core members coming together to say a few words was perfect. Nothing over the top, as Charlie was the least over the top member of the band. A touching brief statement and on with the show.

This band continues to adapt to “a striking alteration in appearance, character, or circumstances”, (Metamorphosis) from Brian’s departure and untimely death to Stew’s passing to Mick Taylor quitting, to Ronnie joining, to Keith’s drug bust to his new found sobriety, to surviving WWIII and solo projects to Bill quitting and now what may be their largest challenge to date, losing their dear friend and bandmate Charlie.

Let's give them some positive vibes for the effort, some needed space, and let’s continue to enjoy this magical ride they have us on, without all the negativity please.

In Charlie’s honor.

WWCD?

Perfect. Thank you for the wonderful post.

Posted by: MizzAmandaJonez ()
Date: September 23, 2021 01:59

Oh man, just read KSAM's post, that might be the best post ever on this site. Great story, great writing, such passion, and best of all, reassurance that the boys are back in business!

Thanks!

Date: September 23, 2021 02:08

MizzAmandaJonez

In Charlie’s honor.

WWCD?

Should be the motto for the whole tour, make a great tour shirt as well.
smileys with beer

Posted by: yeababyyea ()
Date: September 23, 2021 02:12

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-23 02:34 by yeababyyea.

Date: September 23, 2021 02:16

Lovely post MizzAmandaJonez,and I sincerely agree with you 100%.

All the negativity on here from people that I would think are Rolling Stones fans, but something goes wrong (in their opinion), they just don't agree with, and all we get is such negativity about the whole band.

Go away is my first reaction, and come back when, and if your views have changed.

If not then clear off.

Just out of interest, what does WWCD? mean? smiling smiley

Date: September 23, 2021 02:21

Shirts almost ready to go.. winking smiley

Posted by: angee ()
Date: September 23, 2021 02:34

Awww, nice shirt!

KSAM, thank you so much! Great write-up and congrats for getting in.

One thing, with all due respect, get a new iPhone! The video app has
greatly improved, even with the 8's, I think. And you know how to use it. cool smiley

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: September 23, 2021 02:41

crawdaddy
Here's another video and I know it maybe the same ones as before, but I can't be bothered to compare it to the other videos.

Better to have more than nothing at all. thumbs up

Yeah those are the videos I shot all strung together. Thanks whoever for posting on YouTube. I wish they were better but was keeping phone on the downlow not to attract security. Didn’t want to waste too much of the opportunity to feast with eyes and ears either.

Date: September 23, 2021 02:43

KSAM
Yeah those are the videos I shot all strung together. Thanks whoever for posting on YouTube. I wish they were better but was keeping phone on the downlow not to attract security. Didn’t want to waste too much of the opportunity to feast with eyes and ears either.

Great stuff... Thank you!!

Date: September 23, 2021 02:44

MizzAmandaJonez
Oh man, just read KSAM's post, that might be the best post ever on this site. Great story, great writing, such passion, and best of all, reassurance that the boys are back in business!

Thanks!
Thanks Miss Amanda Jones. Loved your post too. My new mantra: WWCD!!!!!

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: September 23, 2021 02:52

For the record Charlie actually said he'd have no problem whatsoever if the band dissolved. He said he'd only hate if it were a "bloody big argument"

Posted by: campxray ()
Date: September 23, 2021 03:08

Nikkei
For the record Charlie actually said he'd have no problem whatsoever if the band dissolved. He said he'd only hate if it were a "bloody big argument"

Yes, well Charlie wanted to retire long time ago, and he hated touring.

Date: September 23, 2021 03:09

Nikkei

I do remember that in an interview somewhere, so it was obviously no big deal for dear Charlie to retire gracefully when the time came, and look after the dogs and the horses and all his other interests.

He had done his roughly 10-20 years working and about 40-50 years hanging around.
Love you Charlie. smileys with beer

Date: September 23, 2021 03:13

Nikkei

Sure, several times.
But it didn't.

Said as much in the exact same interview where he talked about who could be replaced etc.

That did happen, sadly.
[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: September 23, 2021 03:23

Terrific writing KSAM.
Not so kind to my aging eyes, though.
Consider paragraphing please lol.
It would enhance readability enormously.

Posted by: PhillyFAN ()
Date: September 23, 2021 03:29

PhillyFAN
PhillyFAN
PhillyFAN
I did not think tney sounded bad at all.Different yes. As it would be. Charlie is gone.
God bless him. During JJF Keith was grinning at Stanley and
He was smiling back. Keith looked happy between Stanley and Darryl. MJ and KR approve of Stanley and trust him with their music. What we think really won't change anything. He was Charlie's choice to replace him on this tour. MT changed the sound after BJ. RW changed the sound after MT. Tumbling Dice sez "keep on rollin".

I just realized there are still 2 more Stones. Bill Wyman and Mick Taylor that would have softened this blow of CW death. Four living Stones onstage. But that will never happen.

My mistake. Steve not Stanley!

Wow that would be amazing! However I am really nervous after Sarah Dash. I always thought of Rolling Stones as invincible. Our heroes are elderly and vulnerable Micks heart. Ronnies cancer. So glad they are touring. Brave to so during this awful COVID pandemic.God bless them and Steve Jordan. Keep on Rolling.

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: September 23, 2021 03:47

What’s more amazing, Tom Brady, Kraft’s old quarterback winning his 7th super bowl at44 or the Stones still rolling at nearly 60 years

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1819202122232425262728Next
Current Page: 23 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1996
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home