Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526...LastNext
Current Page: 21 of 28
Re: Steve Jordan plays with Stones for the first time
Date: September 22, 2021 20:51

georgie48
jumpingjackflash5
liddas
jumpingjackflash5
TheBlockbuster
Charlie played slower, with a lighter touch, ever since 2012. It sounded very different from 2007. But it still sounded like the good old Stones, just older and less aggressive.

Now with Steve the sound will be completely different, less wobble and not the same swing. It will be a different kind of groove. I still think they will sound good, but not in the same way as before.

Yes, completely right. It was a bit slower and lighter, but still having all the specifics, dynamic and pauses that we have known that well from the album's and live shows. Many of those are missing now.

Worst way to celebrate Charlie would have been to place a Carlie copycat on the stool. Charlie is inimitable.

Jordan is a great way to move on!

C

Yes nobody can replace Charlie completely, but the songs should retain the specific Stones sound, which with Mr. Jordan just does not happen now.

Jeeezzz, jumpingjackflash5, reading all the stuff that you put in this thread, I wonder if you take yourself serious. We're all frustrated not having Charlie around anymore, but it looks like you're taking it to an extreme. I have visited a modest 80 Rolling Stones concerts over a long period of time and NONE, read NONE has been the same. Live concerts, even with the same bunch of musicians, produce a different mood every time. Maybe Keith had a hangover, or Ronnie had a nightmare, maybe Mick Taylor woke up in the middle of the night because of a screaming hotel servant, or Mick Jagger got an annoying phone call from his lady, or Charlie's favourite horse didn't win, etc., etc. They are no robots, neither is Steve Jordan. Your analysis based on a few snippits is really not worth a penny or dollar cent for that matter. Be honest and tell the people here why you hate Steve Jordan, or is there something else bothering you.
The Rolling Stones are and will be The Rolling Stones, even without Charlie. Darryl and Steve will do whatever they can to make us happy and an open mind will appreciate that without whining. Get a beer or whatever and smile. I hope you can visit one of the upcoming shows with ... an open mind.

smileys with beer

No, without Charlie the sound is not the same. I do not hate Steve Jordan, just can clearly hear he plays different style that does not fit Stones' sound. If some fans here like the new sound of 2021, I am OK with that.

Date: September 22, 2021 20:53

georgie48
jumpingjackflash5
liddas
jumpingjackflash5
TheBlockbuster
Charlie played slower, with a lighter touch, ever since 2012. It sounded very different from 2007. But it still sounded like the good old Stones, just older and less aggressive.

Now with Steve the sound will be completely different, less wobble and not the same swing. It will be a different kind of groove. I still think they will sound good, but not in the same way as before.

Yes, completely right. It was a bit slower and lighter, but still having all the specifics, dynamic and pauses that we have known that well from the album's and live shows. Many of those are missing now.

Worst way to celebrate Charlie would have been to place a Carlie copycat on the stool. Charlie is inimitable.

C

Yes nobody can replace Charlie completely, but the songs should retain the specific Stones sound, which with Mr. Jordan just does not happen now.

Jeeezzz, jumpingjackflash5, reading all the stuff that you put in this thread, I wonder if you take yourself serious. We're all frustrated not having Charlie around anymore, but it looks like you're taking it to an extreme. I have visited a modest 80 Rolling Stones concerts over a long period of time and NONE, read NONE has been the same. Live concerts, even with the same bunch of musicians, produce a different mood every time. Maybe Keith had a hangover, or Ronnie had a nightmare, maybe Mick Taylor woke up in the middle of the night because of a screaming hotel servant, or Mick Jagger got an annoying phone call from his lady, or Charlie's favourite horse didn't win, etc., etc. They are no robots, neither is Steve Jordan. Your analysis based on a few snippits is really not worth a penny or dollar cent for that matter. Be honest and tell the people here why you hate Steve Jordan, or is there something else bothering you.
The Rolling Stones are and will be The Rolling Stones, even without Charlie. Darryl and Steve will do whatever they can to make us happy and an open mind will appreciate that without whining. Get a beer or whatever and smile. I hope you can visit one of the upcoming shows with ... an open mind.

smileys with beer

Yes there were differences between the shows and versions of songs in the past, but the character of these differences was highly unlike the change we can experience between 2019-2021. There are issues on the drumming department, we can neglect or oversee that, but it's a fact.

Date: September 22, 2021 20:56

georgie48
jumpingjackflash5
liddas
jumpingjackflash5
TheBlockbuster

C

smileys with beer

If Mick gets replaced by some blues singer or Keith gets replaced by some other rhythm guitarist, would you also close your eyes, smile and say everything is alright? This way you can make the Rolling Stones eternal band!

First Show Without Charlie Watts
Posted by: roryfaninva ()
Date: September 22, 2021 19:10

Article with video- didnt see this posted here yet but apologies if its a duplicate.

[www.blabbermouth.net]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-22 19:11 by roryfaninva.

Re: First Show Without Charlie Watts
Posted by: Satisfaction ()
Date: September 22, 2021 19:18

Re: First Show Without Charlie Watts
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 22, 2021 21:03

Sad............

Re: The Rolling Stones private show at Gillette Stadium Foxboro/Boston Sept 20, 2021
Posted by: Hendrik ()
Date: September 22, 2021 21:18

Rocktiludrop
Taylor1
Why didn’t Keith sing a song at this show

Maybe Keiths not that into this sort of private for the money show, the body language was strictly business, he wasn't giving away anymore than the bare minimum.
He wasn't even going to show his hair winking smiley

Body language strictly business???
Bare minimum???
Wasn't going to show his hair???

Too bad you didn't like the show.....

Hendrik Mulder

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-22 21:19 by Hendrik.

Re: The Rolling Stones private show at Gillette Stadium Foxboro/Boston Sept 20, 2021
Date: September 22, 2021 21:19

Can’t believe all these negative posts in this thread about Steve, about the setlist, about the performance, about this show and about still playing….

Charlie didn't want to stop the band, no one in the band want to stop.
Steve is in this because he wanted to help his friend out and his job became much harder when Charlie passed away.
Steve is different but if you focus on him thinking that he’s playing loud, then it will become a self-fulfilling prophecy and you’re not open for anything else and then he is playing loud…..
Don’t judge the drums and music on the sound in a tent; drums are always louder; in the stadium, the mix can be changed.
Also: don’t judge it from outside the venue or from a mobile phone recording….
It’s not the same but does it has to be the same? I’ve seen many people complaining that it was always the same and now it has actually changed and still the same people complaining..
Open your mind, listen and enjoy and you might actually like it.
They have been through Covid, then have been through cancer, they are getting older but they are still here!
Celebrate, enjoy and embrace the fact that we can still see our band!
See you in Saint Louis!

Hendrik Mulder

Date: September 22, 2021 21:24

Hendrik
Can’t believe all these negative posts in this thread about Steve, about the setlist, about the performance, about this show and about still playing….

Steve is in this because he wanted to help his friend out and his job became much harder when Charlie passed away.
Steve is different but if you focus on him thinking that he’s playing loud, then it will become a self-fulfilling prophecy and you’re not open for anything else and then he is playing loud…..
Don’t judge the drums and music on the sound in a tent; drums are always louder; in the stadium, the mix can be changed.
It’s not the same but does it has to be the same? I’ve seen many people complaining that it was always the same and now it has actually changed and still the same people complaining..
They have been through Covid, then have been through cancer, they are getting older but they are still here!
See you in Saint Louis!

Hendrik Mulder
Adjusting the mix can help a bit but will not help with the sound of drums being hit hard - that can be heard regardless of the volume, because it changes the spectrum.
I appreciate their courage and know they fought with many enemies.
The sound of the drums ought to blend with the band. Just as you cannot easily replace Mick with another (albeit great) singer, you cannot easily replace the drummer of Charlie's calibre and significance.
I have no problem with Mr Jordan playing the postponed shows.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-22 21:25 by jumpingjackflash5.

Posted by: drewmaster ()
Date: September 22, 2021 21:26

jumpingjackflash5

If Mick gets replaced by some blues singer or Keith gets replaced by some other rhythm guitarist, would you also close your eyes, smile and say everything is alright? This way you can make the Rolling Stones eternal band!

Exactly. Where is the line drawn? Keith?? Mick?? Or is every single member replaceable and the band remains the Rolling Stones forever, even without any original members??

Drew

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: September 22, 2021 21:27

So listening to just a few minutes of poor cell-phone recordings, and specifically concentrating on the drumming, yes, it was loud hard boom boom boom. It was very different. But when I go to the concerts, I plan to listen to the music as a whole, and not concentrate on the drumming. I hope to enjoy hearing my favorite songs played live once again. I will ache for Charlie, but I will enjoy Mick and Keith and Ronnie and all the backup players and the best rock and roll songs ever written.

Date: September 22, 2021 21:29

drewmaster
jumpingjackflash5

Exactly. Where is the line drawn? Keith?? Mick?? Or is every single member replaceable and the band remains the Rolling Stones forever, even without any original members??

Drew

That's the point I wanted to show. Of course, finally the stones themselves decide where that line is.
But I am just emphasizing that not everything can be done just by "wants".

From my point of view, the line is now that Mr. Jordan can play those postponed shows, for that purpose he is quick and still professionally very good solution. But for possible continuation, they either should do a drummer contest where he can participate, or do anniversary shows and call it quit.

Date: September 22, 2021 21:32

drewmaster
jumpingjackflash5

Drew

No lines have to be drawn; they decide, period.
if you don't like it and don't want to see them, absolutely fine, don't go.
My advice: just try to be open and you might actually like it...

Hendrik Mulder

Date: September 22, 2021 21:36

Hendrik
drewmaster
jumpingjackflash5

Drew

No lines have to be drawn; they decide, period.
if you don't like it and don't want to see them, absolutely fine, don't go.
My advice: just try to be open and you might actually like it...

Hendrik Mulder

That's subjectification of the problem. Of course, who does not like it, does not go. Easy. But here we are talking about something else - to what extent the elements of Stones sound, as we heard it now in Foxboro, are replaceable and changeable. And the point is, that the Mr Jordan does not play in such a way that blends into the Stones sound as Charlie's playing did (won't repeat the facts why).

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: September 22, 2021 21:40

TheBlockbuster

Well listen to this JJF from 2013, super fast:
[youtu.be]

This was more like 2007, almost like 1981. But I think they didn't keep that pace after that concert.

Date: September 22, 2021 21:46

jumpingjackflash5
And the point is, that the Mr Jordan does not play in such a way that blends into the Stones sound as Charlie's playing did (won't repeat the facts why).

It blended in perfectly. You can hear it's not Charlie but absolutely no issue.
Open your mind, see a show, yes, different but you might actually like it....

Hendrik Mulder

Posted by: KSAM ()
Date: September 22, 2021 21:47

Hey Stones Fans,
I’m the guy who posted the videos from the private show on Monday night. Originally, I had planned on posting to IORR but couldn’t get in. I didn’t know my password and the re-set feature would not work for me. I’ve followed along for years but not sure I’ve ever posted. Maybe once years ago. I’ve fastidiously avoided social media as it seems to bring out the worst as well as the best in people. I have a happy life without, but my wife shows me nice things from Facebook on occasion so I’m not against, just busy with life without.
I do participate from time to time on the Stones app Fanwall although it doesn’t work very well on my older iPhone and there are long load times. There are lots of passionate people there and they post some cool stuff although sometimes, rarely thank you, political food fights break out and I back off until the idiocracy fades back into the ooze. I participated once and am worse off for it. IORR is mostly convo, and the Fanwall is mostly pictures. I’m visual so I do enjoy that community. There are some real characters. I’d like to meet a lot of them. Anyway, I posted the videos and pictures I took over on the Fanwall and asked if some technically savvy person could put them out here on IORR for all of you. They did and now I’m reading lots of stuff born of my decision to share.
After arriving, meeting up with my old school chums over a beer with other Stoners at the elevated bar across the plaza from the stadium opening, we sauntered up to the gate drawn across the field opening. Someone had pointed out Bjornulf Vik to me from the bar. He was down at the gate. I wanted to introduce myself and thank him for his passion and drive. After every show, I eagerly anticipate reading his thoughtful and heartfelt musings and wanted him to know all the good he’s done in my musical life. Alas, he was gone like a ghost when I arrived, so I’ll thank him here: THANK YOU, Bjornulf. You’re a special person!!
How did I get in? Jedi mind tricks and moves like Jagger! Things were planned out in advance and lady luck rode with us. I must give mad props to my pal who conceived of the plan. He sprung it on me at the last minute and we dropped into lockstep, weaving like Keith and Ronnie and made the impossible possible. Suffice to say I can’t say more as sometimes facts may have unintended consequences. Rest assured nothing untoward occurred during this magic act, no walls were scaled, and no laws were broken. You could actually try this at home!
After the magic carpet ride into the stadium, we casually moved up the side of the tent and ducked into the back where the open bar and food was set up. From there we practically ran into the stage area of the tent and set up shop about 40 feet in front of the middle stage. We arrived on scene during the final stages of Under My Thumb, the third song on the set.
I’m so happy that Mick posted the video tribute of the band at the beginning of the concert dedicating the show to Charlie. We missed that live. My first inkling of the Stones was a babysitter blasting Get Off of My Cloud repeatedly with the volume at #11 in ’65 or ’66 when I was in grade school. I hated it…it scared me. I was a fledgling Monkees fan, but of course I was too young to understand. Fast forward to my 15th year on the planet and I purchased my first new Stones album on release, Goats Head Soup. Still one of my all-time favorites. I fell in love with the Mick Taylor Stones and still pine for them, although equally love the Brian years and totally in sync with the Ronnie era. I love Ronnie’s work with The Jeff Beck Group and the Faces. All this is to say each era has been different, but more importantly, near-and-dear to my musical heartstrings. The Rolling Stones are my favorite band of all time. Period. I have others on my Pantheon, but the Stones are middle top step!! I say all this simply, so you know where I’m coming from as I reveal my thoughts about the show on Monday.
I’ve seen a thousand live shows in my life. Many in stadiums, etc. but more in local clubs. In the before times, I was a regular on the Cambridge/Boston/Somerville music circuit here in eastern Massachusetts. You can plop down 7 or 15 bucks on a Tuesday or Friday night at the Lizard Lounge in Cambridge and see songwriting, musicianship and technical dexterity that will leave your jaw dragging on the floor. Don’t tell too many people about it. It’s our own world and when it all opens back up, I’ll be there again. I say this to let you know I’m not only a fan of the Stones but have a very long, involved, and critical (in the best way I hope) expertise as a music aficionado like all of you, so you will have to take my word that whatever you think about what you saw on those videos, my words should weigh more in your ultimate opinion of Monday’s show.
They wrapped up Under my Thumb and our grins stretched from ear to ear. Mick paced back and forth and introduced a cover tune, Trouble’s a Coming. It’s always special to hear a first-time performance. On the first strums I recognized the tune from the Fully Finished Studio Outtakes. From our middle front vantage point, the sound was amazing. The sound board team deserves mention.
Let me point something out I have always thought about but never really vocalized. Listening to live rock and roll is very different from playing an album where every nuance is tightly controlled in the studio by obsessive engineers and producers. Live is the true test in my opinion. As a rock tune hits you, it should be like eating an amazing piece of your favorite cake made by your mom. The finest ingredients, fully mixed in the right order and temperature, cooked perfectly and sprinkled with love. Eating the ingredients separately like flour, raw eggs, lard, would be wholly unsatisfying. Likewise, trying to parse out individual ingredients for commentary after eating said cake, would be fruitless. I say this as I’ve read many comments on the newest member of the band, Steve Jordan. I really didn’t know much about him leading up to the show. I’ve since brought my knowledge up to speed through Wiki, etc. Let’s get this out of the way now. He’s not Charlie Watts and that’s alright with me. I loved Charlie Watts deeply. He and Keith (first) were always my favorite Stones through my teen and twenties years. I came to appreciate all of Mick’s towering achievements a bit later, but no less passionately. I’ll forever miss Charlie and how his wings never melted in the ‘70’s when he flew too close to the Sun that were the Glimmer Twins I’ll never know, but he did and recovered and prospered and his swing will be forever loved and missed.
Standing there live, it’s true that Steve is a much more muscular drummer than Charlie. But it really, and I can’t stress this enough, really worked. There was a rockier sound and it sounded fabulous. We can’t go back and change things. If I could, Brian and Bill and Mick Taylor and Ian Stewart and Nicky Hopkins and Bobby Keys, and mostly Charlie all would have been on that stage Monday. What we had LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, (were) THE ROLLING STONES!!! Not some substitute or whatever someone could think up, the real deal in the flesh.
Let me say something about my videos, please. As mentioned, when we first arrived, we were dead center about 40 feet out halfway between the stage and soundboard. The sound was amazing. All instruments were balanced, and all the players were in stunning form. Instant impression is that this was an amazingly tight iteration of the Stones and it truly worked for me!! We did venture to the back to grab a beer at the open bar and upon returning, there were more fans crowded into the space where we vacated. We were able to find space a bit to the left and perhaps a bit closer. The sound there wasn’t the same. A bit louder and harsher but not at all bad. Whenever I go to a concert, unless hanging with my wife or friends, I tend to move around in search of the best sound. I was so deliriously happy to be where I was on earth at that moment, I just stood there grinning and didn’t move off to find that sweet spot again. I have an older iPhone 7 ( I know people, don’t judge, I’m a victim of inertia!) and it does an admirable job but is not state of the art. Again, my location wasn’t in a “sweet spot”, and you must also know that phones/cameras must have been announced before we got there as being prohibited as no one was holding up their phones taking pix or vids. Where we were standing was immediately to the left of Charlie Baker, the governor of Massachusetts. When he pulled out his phone and started videoing, a security person tapped him on the shoulder and asked him to stop! He’s 6 foot 6 or something ridiculous so he provided cover for me on that side! I had to hold the phone low, close to my chest and couldn’t concentrate on framing, lighting and focus like I would normally, so what we have is what we have with lots of meandering and heads bobbing. I know how to shoot, just couldn’t. Additionally, I was also in a somewhat altered state, so forgive me my trespasses!! All this babble is so you know what you saw and especially what you heard on those videos was representative of what I saw and heard but please know that they are not an accurate record. And…...the drumming was louder as we were closer to the PA system. Back further, it all was seamlessly mixed and sounded amazing. Rest assured, Mick and the boys know what they are doing, have always been incredibly successful following their own muse, so for that I am grateful and accepting of their choices in music.
In all their no longer so ragged glory were Keef, Mick and Ronnie strumming, picking, strutting, and singing in top form. Hear this: they were in top musical, and what was obvious... top physical, form all night! Keith was all business from the get-go and his riffing was driving the music beautifully. Ronnie’s dexterity on lead and rhythm fantastic. Weavers both looking and acting and most importantly playing many years younger than their actual ages which is a testament to their passion and professionalism. They both first-and-foremost consistently perform in service of the song and for that they have my true admiration. All shows are different. Will Keef not seek the limelight on the entire tour? Who knows, but he was there in rare form, full of concentration and didn’t miss a riff or fill the entire night. After reading “Life” can we not all be amazed at these accomplishments in 2021?!
How about the master of ceremonies? Mick strutted and preened. Paced back and forth. No real gymnastics but in full command. Dressed from head to toe in tight black clothes he looked buff. As I stated over on the Fanwall, he’s not a young man, but you couldn’t tell that by watching him on Monday. His vocal phrasing taking advantage of every ounce of his talent and delivering to everyone’s delight! At one point he faced the crowd mid-song (can’t remember which now) and slightly crouched forward and began shaking or fanning his arms and hands rapidly. I shouted, “he’s testifying” and my pal confirmed that was indeed what was happening. Amazing. Wish I had a video of that!!! The man has been working out so he can still deliver a fully realized, professional show to you every night. His contribution to the musical cake cannot be determined solely based on the videos you have seen. He is arguably the single most important driving force in the history of popular rock and roll music and still delivered the goods on Monday, September 13, 2021. I do believe we all owe the continued existence of The Rolling Stones, now in their 6th decade, to the iron will of Mick Jagger.
Who was in the band other than Keith, Mick, and Ronnie? Darryl Jones on bass, Chuck Leavell on piano, Steve Jordan on Drums, Bernard Fowler on vocals and percussion, Sasha Allen on vocals, Karl Denson on Sax, Tim Ries on sax/keys, Matt Clifford on keys/French horn. Let’s face it...The Stones always have the best people with them and these musicians, some of them very long-time participants, are the best.
I won’t run down the entire show but let me say that every show has highlights and new stuff is always exciting to me. The previously mentioned Trouble’s A Coming a highlight for me. The entire presentation with emphasis on guitar work in Living in a Ghost Town was fantastic. It really got me moving out on the floor! The pick of the night was 19th Nervous Breakdown. What a rendition, again emphasis on guitar work. The snippet I uploaded was too short and doesn’t do the number justice. There was a dual guitar section where Keith and Ronnie stepped up and played to each other. Dissonant tones on the verge of punkiness. I was dumbstruck. My pal and I looked at each other in amazement. My personal highlight of the night. I know there is lots of discussion on the war horses. Well, they’re war horses for a reason. I too would like to hear a night of rarities, but this is reality and the new tight, sound put enough of a twist on the rest of the night to wake up my senses and make me appreciate what these guys can deliver. And did they ever. We have no complaints to report!
And a note on the crowd: This party was thrown by the owner of the New England Patriots. A complex person. We locals do appreciate that he pays the band that won 6 Super Bowls and I, of course, truly appreciate him putting the band together on Monday night! The attendees were a highly monied and well-heeled bunch and but doesn’t make them bad people. Among them were many highly accomplished people in their fields including the biotech exec who founded Moderna, etc. While they may not have been the IORR salt-of-the-earth fans, most were highly appreciative of the show and were bopping and dancing along. I also heard Peter Wolf (every appearance of his is a masterclass in showmanship) was in attendance, but I didn’t see him. In the before times, it wasn’t unusual to see him enjoying or participating in the local music scene I wrote about earlier rather regularly.
Well, that was way effing too many words. I did say I’m a bit of a social media luddite, so maybe I was saving it all up for this night?! All in all, I felt like I was carrying a torch for all The Rolling Stones lovers and fanatics out there with my good fortune. We’re on to St. Louis!

Date: September 22, 2021 21:48

Hendrik
jumpingjackflash5
And the point is, that the Mr Jordan does not play in such a way that blends into the Stones sound as Charlie's playing did (won't repeat the facts why).

Hendrik Mulder

That is your subjective opinion, that it did. I do not agree and many others also do not agree.
Of course Stones themselves decide.

I miss the original Stones sound, and won't pretend it is there when it isn't. Whether I like this new one, time will tell.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 22, 2021 21:54

drewmaster
jumpingjackflash5

Drew

Charlie himself drew the line and he was of course spot on.
He also gave his replacement his blessing. This tour's in his honor and was his wishes. Good enough for me.

Rolling Stones drummer Charlie Watts on live plans, a new album and the end of the band

@ 1:35 video: [youtu.be]

Date: September 22, 2021 21:58

MisterDDDD
drewmaster
jumpingjackflash5

Drew

Charlie himself drew the line and he was of course spot on.
He also gave his replacement his blessing. This tour's in his honor and was his wishes. Good enough for me.

Rolling Stones drummer Charlie Watts on live plans, a new album and the end of the band

@ 1:35 video: [youtu.be]

That was a blessing for temporary substitute during this fall tour. No problem with that. But the future of the Stones is completely different dimension.

Posted by: bobo ()
Date: September 22, 2021 22:01

Hendrik

See you in Saint Louis!

Hendrik Mulder

Completely agree, but then again, nothing new on this forum.

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: September 22, 2021 22:06

Thanks KSAM!

Posted by: Rocktiludrop ()
Date: September 22, 2021 22:08

Hendrik
Rocktiludrop
Taylor1
Why didn’t Keith sing a song at this show

Maybe Keiths not that into this sort of private for the money show, the body language was strictly business, he wasn't giving away anymore than the bare minimum.
He wasn't even going to show his hair winking smiley

Body language strictly business???
Bare minimum???
Wasn't going to show his hair???

Too bad you didn't like the show.....

Hendrik Mulder

Wrong. I have been defending Steve Jordan. the Stones continuing, happy with yesterday's performance etc , what you assumed was negatively in my response to a poster who said Keith didn't do his set because it would bore the audience, i waa pointing out possible reasons why Keith didn't sing.
Nothing boring about KR.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 22, 2021 22:10

jumpingjackflash5

That was a blessing for temporary substitute during this fall tour. No problem with that. But the future of the Stones is completely different dimension.

He talks about the "future of the Stones" in the clip Sparky.
Give it a rest.. you've taken bitchin about this to a "completely different dimension".

Posted by: sf37 ()
Date: September 22, 2021 22:12

Harry
sf37
georgemcdonnell314
I just read this on Yahoo news. It's like they took the info right off of here. Almost word for word the same thing.

[www.yahoo.com]

In reading the article, I didn't realize that "Troubles-A-Coming" is a cover song (the Chi-lites?)- - I thought it was a Jagger/Richards creation. Is Andy Greene correct in stating that?

Yes, Troubles a coming is The Chi-Lites song
Original version: [www.youtube.com]

Thank you Harry for confirming, and for the link. Cheers!

Date: September 22, 2021 22:13

jumpingjackflash5
Hendrik
jumpingjackflash5

Hendrik Mulder

That is your subjective opinion, that it did. I do not agree and many others also do not agree.

I miss the original Stones sound, and won't pretend it is there when it isn't. Whether I like this new one, time will tell.

The original Stones sound has changed many times during the years and we all know by now, due to your countless replies, that you don't like this new sound.

Just go see 'em and who knows.......

Hendrik Mulder

Date: September 22, 2021 22:14

MisterDDDD
jumpingjackflash5

He talks about the "future of the Stones" in the clip Sparky.
Give it a rest.. you've taken bitchin about this to a "completely different dimension".

Nobody could expect Charlie saying about himself that he is the deciding factor.

I have addressed important issue resulting from the Foxboro concert. If you want to close your eyes and ears and dream everything is OK, so be it .....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-22 22:16 by jumpingjackflash5.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 22, 2021 22:16

drewmaster
jumpingjackflash5

Drew

Both Keith and Mick had said in the past they can't imagine the band continuing without Charlie, and that it couldn't truly be the Rolling Stones without Charlie.
Yet here we are in 2021 on the eve of their 60th anniversary...the Stones without Charlie, and whether it's truly the Rolling Stones or not, maybe a question that only Keith and Mick could answer.
Deep down in their hearts, only they know for sure.

Date: September 22, 2021 22:17

Hendrik
jumpingjackflash5
Hendrik
jumpingjackflash5

Hendrik Mulder

The original Stones sound has changed many times during the years and we all know by now, due to your countless replies, that you don't like this new sound.

Just go see 'em and who knows.......

Hendrik Mulder

Has changed, but not this way and not in the drums department. Is it that hard to understand??

Posted by: INDIANO ()
Date: September 22, 2021 22:26

FOR ALL THOSE WHO DON'T LIKE THE NEW SOUND STONES, THE QUESTION IS VERY SIMPLE, DON'T LISTEN TO THE ROLLING STONES ANY MORE AND ABANDON THE FORUM, LISTEN WHAT YOU LIKE MOST NOW IF YOU PREFER

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526...LastNext
Current Page: 21 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1763
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home