Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920...LastNext
Current Page: 15 of 28
Re: The Rolling Stones private show at Gillette Stadium Foxboro/Boston Sept 20, 2021
Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: September 22, 2021 01:09

just read through 14 pages and wow all i can say is what a bummer not the band the fans the band sounded good admittedly jordan is different and to loud in the mix (keith and his blade should have a talk with the soundboard guy) but all we can manage is fighting over how jordan sounds and the the rolling stones are dead and robert kraft and friends are all evil vile billionaire scum and little mention of how great it is to see ronnie up there playing a man who just went through a bout with extremly aggresive cancer that will likley return playing his ass off and clearly loving it but oh but we do get the just lovely post calling him a "clown" yeah a real high point ya made charlie proudeye rolling smileysad smiley
anyway thank you to henrik for your great review and to all the people who shot video and shared it i really appreciate it
and i hope people get out there critisim and rage over jordan and the stones continuing to exist in 2021 in this thread and don't have to pollute all the other threads for shows from this tour with hundreds of pages of same endless critical bullsh-t and fighting

here is all the video from the show i could find so far thank you to everyone who shared it and to everyone who provided links to where it was
haven't sorted through it so i'm sure some videos are the same
we

oh and GO RONNIE GO

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-22 01:10 by ProfessorWolf.

Re: The Rolling Stones private show at Gillette Stadium Foxboro/Boston Sept 20, 2021
Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: September 22, 2021 01:22

Fair point Professor about Ronnie

Date: September 22, 2021 01:26

thank you stargroover and you've some good points too

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-22 01:27 by ProfessorWolf.

Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: September 22, 2021 01:33

Hairball
Not sure what to make of Keith's choice of headwear...

I suspect he is losing more and more hair - a charactaristic we share!

Date: September 22, 2021 01:38

Great review Hendrik. Great work Matt & Hendrik to get into this gig - and I know it took plenty of planning, time away from home, networking, and relationships built over a long time. And it wasn't certain until shortly before the gig.

Interesting to look at the line-up at the end of the show. Eleven band members on stage: four Brits and seven Americans. As the Stones got much, if not most, of their inspiration from US musicians over the years this seems very right.

Date: September 22, 2021 01:39

Re: The Rolling Stones private show at Gillette Stadium Foxboro/Boston Sept 20, 2021 new
Date: September 22, 2021 01:33

Hairball

I suspect he is losing more and more hair - a charactaristic we share!

or he was cold or maybe didn't feel like dressing up for kraft & co.

Posted by: mmurphy0817 ()
Date: September 22, 2021 01:41

Couldn't agree more. So much negativity. No one is forcing you to listen or even care.angry smiley

Posted by: mmurphy0817 ()
Date: September 22, 2021 01:42

Thanks for the great post.

Posted by: mjmjr ()
Date: September 22, 2021 01:49

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-22 14:05 by mjmjr.

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: September 22, 2021 02:04

thecitadel
Great review Hendrik. Great work Matt & Hendrik to get into this gig - and I know it took plenty of planning, time away from home, networking, and relationships built over a long time. And it wasn't certain until shortly before the gig.

Interesting to look at the line-up at the end of the show. Eleven band members on stage: four Brits and seven Americans. As the Stones got much, if not most, of their inspiration from US musicians over the years this seems very right.
A long way from1975 when the justification for not picking Wayne Perkins was he wasn’t English.

Posted by: campxray ()
Date: September 22, 2021 02:07

Hairball

It appears to be his latest fashion. He was on Instagram in February in a Studio wearing a green one. Patti Hansen posted pics of him at Parrot Cay in March, both inside and on a boat, wearing a yellow one.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: September 22, 2021 02:16

mjmjr
Hairball

Get over it man.....don't go and stop following if you don't like it

Sheesh now you're told to gtfo if you're not 100% on board with the hat?

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 22, 2021 02:46

Nikkei
mjmjr
Hairball

Get over it man.....don't go and stop following if you don't like it

Sheesh now you're told to gtfo if you're not 100% on board with the hat?

lol.........yeah that was a bit of an extreme response from mjmjr to my lightheareted attempt to move away from the Jordan vs. Charlie debates....
Keith can wear whatever he wants, wherever he wants, and whenever he wants!

By the way, who the f*ck is mjmjr?!!!

Date: September 22, 2021 02:50

I just read this on Yahoo news. It's like they took the info right off of here. Almost word for word the same thing.

[www.yahoo.com]

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: September 22, 2021 03:02

That piece is by Andy Greene of Rolling Stone. He doesn't need to crib anything.

[www.rollingstone.com]

Posted by: Boognish ()
Date: September 22, 2021 03:07

This tour could be the very last time we see these musicians on stage together and so many people are complaining. "It's not the Stones". Well, no. It's not. Charlie is gone. If you go in expecting to get what you've had before, you'll be disappointed. Enjoy it for what it is. Also, watching a 60 second crappy cellphone video is no way to judge a performance. Or even the sound mix. Drums are too loud. Can't hear Keith. Mick's too loud. Where's Ronnie? It's a cellphone, people.

Posted by: CrosseyedHeart ()
Date: September 22, 2021 03:32

It is heartbreaking to me to come to what is supposed to be a Rolling Stones fan site and read such negative, hateful things about a band I thought we loved-especially now. If there was ever a time for the “Stones Family” to pull together and be supportive, you would think it would be now but no. Attacking Ronnie-someone who just beat cancer for the second time-attacking Mick’s voice and “breathing” issues (he sounds great to me). Attacking Keith’s playing-as usual-and even his choice of head wear. Charlie not gone a month and “fans” here not willing to give them one ounce of respect. Even dragging out the old “time to bring back Mick Taylor” line. All this from cell phone snippets.
Don’t you think it’s difficult for them to even be playing? Personally, I think they sound great-Mick’s voice, the guitars, everything. I admire them for persevering through this difficult time and I look forward to seeing them next week in Charlotte.
Please stop the awful, hateful comments. I hope the band doesn’t read them. How hurtful would that be. It doesn’t make you seem “knowledgable” or “cool.” It’s just mean and mean-spirited. If you dislike them that much, go away. Your negativity contributes absolutely nothing. You’re just being a downer when a true Stones fan would want some positivity right now. Grow up.

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: September 22, 2021 03:34

There's something very ironic about Satisfaction being played before this crowd.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 22, 2021 03:49

dmay
There's something very ironic about Satisfaction being played before this crowd.

cool smiley

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: September 22, 2021 03:55

From what I can glean through the various videos the band sounds @#$%& great in 2021.

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: September 22, 2021 03:58

treaclefingers
dmay

cool smiley
The richer you are the poorer you are

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 22, 2021 04:04

Woz
From what I can glean through the various videos the band sounds @#$%& great in 2021.

smileys with beer
They do.

Can. Not. Wait.

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: September 22, 2021 04:14

CrosseyedHeart
It is heartbreaking to me to come to what is supposed to be a Rolling Stones fan site and read such negative, hateful things about a band I thought we loved-especially now. If there was ever a time for the “Stones Family” to pull together and be supportive, you would think it would be now but no. Attacking Ronnie-someone who just beat cancer for the second time-attacking Mick’s voice and “breathing” issues (he sounds great to me). Attacking Keith’s playing-as usual-and even his choice of head wear. Charlie not gone a month and “fans” here not willing to give them one ounce of respect. Even dragging out the old “time to bring back Mick Taylor” line. All this from cell phone snippets.
Don’t you think it’s difficult for them to even be playing? Personally, I think they sound great-Mick’s voice, the guitars, everything. I admire them for persevering through this difficult time and I look forward to seeing them next week in Charlotte.
Please stop the awful, hateful comments. I hope the band doesn’t read them. How hurtful would that be. It doesn’t make you seem “knowledgable” or “cool.” It’s just mean and mean-spirited. If you dislike them that much, go away. Your negativity contributes absolutely nothing. You’re just being a downer when a true Stones fan would want some positivity right now. Grow up.

You're 100% right. Makes you wonder why people are on this site.

Date: September 22, 2021 04:14

I think each and every time they are written off as too old they put a little more effort into it to prove the critics wrong.

St. Louis will be kick ass. They have a few more days to rehearse!

MisterDDDD
Woz

smileys with beer
They do.

Can. Not. Wait.

Date: September 22, 2021 04:39

Yes some criticism like playing for the rich etc is silly here.

But let's see the reality Jordan's playing really is different. There is one more clip with snippets of Rambler start me up etc, and it obvious, it sound like he cuts the music with his drumming, making those sharp and "divíding" sounds. The songs are driven by the drums where previously they were driven by guitars and (perfectly) supported by drums.

Maybe the soundboard mix can be adjusted, maybe he will change his playing a bit after listening to the show's recording, maybe the band needs time.

Date: September 22, 2021 04:42

Woz

Yes, great vocals, solid guitars, moving tribute to Charlie, nice to see them after 2 years.
But drums are different and change the sound significantly.

Date: September 22, 2021 04:45

steffialicia
CrosseyedHeart

You're 100% right. Makes you wonder why people are on this site.

Loving the Stones does not mean that I cannot hear the difference in the sound and speak about it.

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: September 22, 2021 04:46

jumpingjackflash5
Woz

Yes, great vocals, solid guitars, moving tribute to Charlie, nice to see them after 2 years.
But drums are different and change the sound significantly.

Jordan doesn’t swing like Charlie, he is a more metronomic approach, buts it’s powerful in its own right. It’s different, but it’s not bad…..it’s just different.

Posted by: klrkcr ()
Date: September 22, 2021 04:50

CindyC
From outside, the volume was pretty low and very muddled sounding. If you got too close to the gates, the generators were very loud, so we tried hanging at a higher level. It was difficult to make out the songs. Absolutely none of us even knew it was Trouble's A Coming while it was happening. We were all cracking up how so many big fans couldn't figure out what song it was! Midway thru, we moved back downstairs, away from the generators and could hear a bit better. Halfway thru Miss You, someone opened a door of the tent, and that really helped a lot.

When they first came on, i was really kind of annoyed because all i could hear was Steve's loud, powerful drums, and that's not what you should hear first when listening to the Rolling Stones, certainly not over the guitars IMHO. You could tell he was hitting them really hard. Later (and maybe it was a sound guy adjustment), it was less noticeable, so I hope that is taken into consideration for future concerts. Most of the arrangements seemed to be the same as how they've played them the last few years.

When the show ended, they left immediately, didnt hang around to chat or party with Kraft et al. They drove out with windows up, so we couldn't see who was inside (boo!). I wanted to be there to support them their first time without Charlie, so I'm glad I was there to do that, more for me than for them i'm suresmiling bouncing smiley

Overall it was a fun time hanging with the small crowd of fans, but not as awesome listening as it could have been.

Thank you for sharing Cindy C

Posted by: sf37 ()
Date: September 22, 2021 04:53

georgemcdonnell314
I just read this on Yahoo news. It's like they took the info right off of here. Almost word for word the same thing.

[www.yahoo.com]

In reading the article, I didn't realize that "Troubles-A-Coming" is a cover song (the Chi-lites?)- - I thought it was a Jagger/Richards creation. Is Andy Greene correct in stating that?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920...LastNext
Current Page: 15 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1206
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home