Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 28
Re: The Rolling Stones private show at Gillette Stadium Foxboro/Boston Sept 20, 2021
Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: September 21, 2021 15:29

"I want to be buried next to Charlie Watts" - Keith Richards, June 2016

Re: The Rolling Stones private show at Gillette Stadium Foxboro/Boston Sept 20, 2021
Posted by: dimrstone ()
Date: September 21, 2021 15:35

Satisfaction (part)
Private show at Gillette Stadium Foxboro/Boston Sept 20, 2021

[www.facebook.com]

Date: September 21, 2021 15:38

the loss only now became completely clear

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: September 21, 2021 15:40

The 5 Video-snippets from the RS-App were uploaded by EdBmusic to [www.YouTube.com] .

Date: September 21, 2021 15:40

the loss only now became completely clear

Right, but still it's very good.

Date: September 21, 2021 15:44

"The Stones" instead of "The Rolling Stones"

Date: September 21, 2021 15:45

Drummin' works, looks a bit like Ray Charles - but it's not Charlie .... winking smiley

Date: September 21, 2021 15:47

DeeGee
DandelionPowderman
Nikkei
Charlie played "like that" whenever he touched his hi hat

Of course not. You can't seriously put on Satisfaction on Still Life and really mean that.
Amongst drummers Charlie was world-famous for not
Playing every fourth of the 16 hihat beats
in a 4/4 Beat.
This means that the snare (on every #2 & #4) sounds
differently on #4 without the hihat on top,
Leaving it more „room to breathe“.
So it naturally sounds differently when Mr. Jordan plays it. Although I like the tightness about it. It pushes the band tempovise.

And there is no disagreement about that whatsoever.

Posted by: dimrstone ()
Date: September 21, 2021 15:47

Jumping Jack Flash (part)
Private show at Gillette Stadium Foxboro/Boston Sept 20, 2021

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: September 21, 2021 15:51

Thanks to all for the reports and videos. Great stuff!

Posted by: padre69 ()
Date: September 21, 2021 15:51

Thank you for the clips! I've been waiting to hear how the band sounded.
The playing sounds tight, tempos are all right and Steve is solid. But it doesn't sound like The Rolling Stones. It's Mick and a band playing The Stones.
It's not bad by any means, it just doesn't sound like The Rolling Stones to my ears.

Date: September 21, 2021 15:53

padre69
The playing sounds tight, tempos are all right and Steve is solid. But it doesn't sound like The Rolling Stones. It's Mick and a band playing The Stones.
It's not bad by any means, it just doesn't sound like The Rolling Stones to my ears.

Maybe it will get a bit closer through the tour. But yes, Charlie is irreplaceable.

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: September 21, 2021 15:55

Sounds exactly how I expected it to - not like The Rolling Stones.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: September 21, 2021 15:56

Thanks for the clips, guys!

Is it just me or does the crowd seem a bit lame?

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: September 21, 2021 15:57

Quite a few snippets coming through on youtube now.

Date: September 21, 2021 16:02

Give Steve Jordan a chance. This was the first show and they'll polish things up a bit.

It was the first show with him and he should at least be able to take a few steps before the criticism starts.

If you don't like his sound don't go to the shows or listen to the snips posted online but at least give the guy a chance.

Posted by: Nikkei ()

Beast
Thanks for the clips, guys!

Is it just me or does the crowd seem a bit lame?

an assortment of hard-to-please connaisseurs no doubt

Posted by: MelBelli ()
Date: September 21, 2021 16:03

It occurs to me that, when there were no shows for Crosseyed Heart, Steve probably thought he’d never get to play onstage with Keith again. Big smiles from him. Great to see. He’s grooving hard. I dig it.

Date: September 21, 2021 16:06

Date: September 21, 2021 16:07

georgemcdonnell314
Give Steve Jordan a chance. This was the first show and they'll polish things up a bit.

It was the first show with him and he should at least be able to take a few steps before the criticism starts.

If you don't like his sound don't go to the shows or listen to the snips posted online but at least give the guy a chance.

No problem giving him chance. He plays well, but he obviously cannot play like Charlie Watts.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: September 21, 2021 16:08

jumpingjackflash5
padre69

Maybe it will get a bit closer through the tour. But yes, Charlie is irreplaceable.

Yes, and what we have here is not a replacement, any more than Mick Taylor was a replacement for Brian Jones. We have a new departure and a different band. The drums are harder, heavier (and a bit faster?) which anyone who has heard Steve Jordan before, particularly with the Winos, could have predicted. It's going to take some getting used to. But the different band sounds pretty good, and where the new departure leads is something I'm interested to see.

Date: September 21, 2021 16:09

Green Lady
jumpingjackflash5
padre69

Yes, and what we have here is not a replacement, any more than Mick Taylor was a replacement for Brian Jones. We have a new departure and a different band. The drums are harder, heavier (and a bit faster?) which anyone who has heard Steve Jordan before, particularly with the Winos, could have predicted. It's going to take some getting used to. But the different band sounds pretty good, and where the new departure leads is something I'm interested to see.

thumbs up

Date: September 21, 2021 16:10

Date: September 21, 2021 16:10

From the RS-App (uploaded by EdBmusic):

[www.YouTube.com]

Posted by: DeeGee ()
Date: September 21, 2021 16:13

crawdaddy

This is rock solid

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: September 21, 2021 16:13

Oh dear what a racket.Sounds like somebody bashing along on a metal tray.Dreadful.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: September 21, 2021 16:14

I thought the snippets sounded great! cool smiley

But, damn, the whining has already begun. Enjoy what ya got while ya can.

Ya don't miss your water til your well runs dry. eye rolling smiley

Posted by: two4fun111 ()
Date: September 21, 2021 16:16

crawdaddy

I'm being open minded and letting things "open up" like a nice wine or bourbon, but at first blush, it doesn't sound like the Stones to me and somewhat expected how it'd sound too....I wasn't expecting the Stones w/Charlie sound but i'm definitely not loving or feeling it yet to convince me to go to Nashville yet , especially with all that is going on

Posted by: MelBelli ()
Date: September 21, 2021 16:16

MelBelli
It occurs to me that, when there were no shows for Crosseyed Heart, Steve probably thought he’d never get to play onstage with Keith again. Big smiles from him. Great to see. He’s grooving hard. I dig it.

Sounds like Steve counts off the intro to “Trouble’s Coming” — a departure from Chuck counting off for Charlie.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1840
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home