Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 28
Re: The Rolling Stones private show at Gillette Stadium Foxboro/Boston Sept 20, 2021
Posted by: Four Stone Walls ()
Date: September 21, 2021 12:21

slewan
Hendrik
This is the setlist, SFM wasn't played, so 14 songs in total:

Hendrik Mulder

what would have happened if it had rained? (the set list say "no rain")

They would have played Rain Fall Down

Re: The Rolling Stones private show at Gillette Stadium Foxboro/Boston Sept 20, 2021
Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: September 21, 2021 12:37

James Kirk
I thought “Living in a Ghost Town” sounded good live. Far better than expected

Did it make it to a FB stream ?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: StonedAsiaExile ()
Date: September 21, 2021 13:22

Marhsall
Anybody got a guess @ what those 15 songs cost Mr. Kraft?

At least 5 million. Nice to have that kind of change lying around and can get the World's Greatest band to play for ya

smileys with beer

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: September 21, 2021 13:23

Are there any audio/video clips floating around? Will there be, or was it all strictly monitored?

Date: September 21, 2021 13:46

engerling23
Sounds like Steve Jordan uses his typical high pitched snare .... and is hitting it really hard..... winos style.

Where did you hear that?

Posted by: eismann ()
Date: September 21, 2021 13:54

There a a few snippets up on the rolling stones app from samuelian, together with some pics and a very positive review and a special mentioning of Steve Jordan. Seems to have worked out.

BTW he asks for someone transferring it to IORR however I also do not know how to do this... Irix maybe?

According to the late release of travel ban my LD's for Minneapolis will not work for me, it's a pity!

the greatest rock and roll band in the world - definitely

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: September 21, 2021 13:59

So... what was it with the "Wonder who will be on bass"?

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: September 21, 2021 14:00

Rambler, Miss you and YCAGWYW again. 21 minutes of music in three songs that we have heard over and over again. Why not seven new three minute songs? Mother´s little helper, Lady Jane, Out of time, Sitting on a fence, If you can´t rock me, Hangfire or Sparks will fly? Anything is better and more interesting. I just don´t get it. It could be so much fun! But hey - 19th NB and Trouble - thumb´s up!!!

Posted by: ribbelchips ()
Date: September 21, 2021 14:01

Meh, don't like that. He play's too loud on several Keith solo & Winos tracks (to my taste). i.e Hate it when you leave... Boom boom boom boom..

Date: September 21, 2021 14:09

Just heard a snippet of Satisfaction in the Rolling stones app from samuelian. It's great music, Mick is singing very well. Drums, however, are different. Not bad, but different and that snare drum was not that prominent in previous live playing.

Date: September 21, 2021 14:13

And yes, Keith is in fine form.

Date: September 21, 2021 14:14

Jordan sounds great on Satisfaction thumbs up

Keith, too. They're back thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-21 14:15 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: September 21, 2021 14:16

DandelionPowderman

Sounds well, but as I wrote, the sound of drums is not the same. Very good music, but I miss Charlie Watts ...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-21 14:20 by jumpingjackflash5.

Date: September 21, 2021 14:19

That 19th Nervous Breakdown really sounded good. Wow.

Date: September 21, 2021 14:21

jumpingjackflash5
DandelionPowderman

Sounds well, but as I wrote, the sound of drums is not the same. Very good music, but I miss Charlie Watts ...

The sound of the drums is great. Better than to be expected.

Too bad he stopped recording after the intro of Troubles A Coming sad smiley

I didn't know that it was a cover tune.

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: September 21, 2021 14:23

Bjorn
Rambler, Miss you and YCAGWYW again. 21 minutes of music in three songs that we have heard over and over again. Why not seven new three minute songs? Mother´s little helper, Lady Jane, Out of time, Sitting on a fence, If you can´t rock me, Hangfire or Sparks will fly? Anything is better and more interesting. I just don´t get it. It could be so much fun! But hey - 19th NB and Trouble - thumb´s up!!!

It's much, much easier for hard-living old men to play a 7 minute version of a (basically) 2-chord crowd pleaser (Miss You, YCAGWYW) than it is for them to learn and play two different tunes. Dragging out the simple ol favourites is an easy way to make the show fit the specified time.

Date: September 21, 2021 14:24

DandelionPowderman
jumpingjackflash5
DandelionPowderman

The sound of the drums is great. Better than to be expected.

Too bad he stopped recording after the intro of Troubles A Coming sad smiley

I didn't know that it was a cover tune.

Drums are working well, but as I wrote, it's different. But we ought to get used to it ....

Posted by: mikehat ()
Date: September 21, 2021 14:24

Can anyone share the clips that are being discussed on here please?

Date: September 21, 2021 14:26

mikehat

I can see them only in the app which I have installed for that purpose from Gplay. There is no option to share it there.

Posted by: mikehat ()
Date: September 21, 2021 14:28

jumpingjackflash5
mikehat

I can see them only in the app which I have installed for that purpose from Gplay. There is no option to share it there.

Fair enough.
Is there a link to the app?

Cheers.

Posted by: yeababyyea ()
Date: September 21, 2021 14:28

I guess they sound musically "tighter" than the last few years. But the classic unique Stones sound/groove is not really there. Still sounds great though.

Date: September 21, 2021 14:29

Steve Jordan drums on time, plays the fills etc., But has different drum set and hits the drums sometimes very hard.

Date: September 21, 2021 14:30

yeababyyea
I guess they sound musically "tighter" than the last few years. But the classic unique Stones sound/groove is not really there. Still sounds great though.

Because the key part of that groove was Charlie's light, jazz-inspired drumming.

Date: September 21, 2021 14:35

They sound very well rehearsed

Posted by: terraplane ()
Date: September 21, 2021 14:37

He is a cement mixer compared to Charlie in how hard he hits the skins

PaintMonkeyManBlack
They sound very well rehearsed

Yes, the music is tight and listenable.

Posted by: goingmad ()

jumpingjackflash5
Just heard a snippet of Satisfaction in the Rolling stones app from samuelian. It's great music, Mick is singing very well. Drums, however, are different. Not bad, but different and that snare drum was not that prominent in previous live playing.

Thanks!

Date: September 21, 2021 14:38

goingmad
jumpingjackflash5

Thanks!

On Google play store rolling stones app

Posted by: yeababyyea ()
Date: September 21, 2021 14:38

jumpingjackflash5
yeababyyea

Because the key part of that groove was Charlie's light, jazz-inspired drumming.

Yes it will never be the same without Charlie, luckily we can still go back to old recordings. Everything from now is just a bonus.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: September 21, 2021 14:40

goingmad

[Rolling-Stones.DiscipleMedia.com] - create an account or use the one from the RS-App.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1932
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home