Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: God bless and good luck Steve Jordan
Date: September 25, 2021 19:47

Rocky Dijon
I completely understand not liking Steve Jordan as the new drummer just like I understood not liking Darryl as the new bass player. The thing is, we have nearly sixty years of studio recordings and concert recordings with Charlie to enjoy.

Instead of embracing the admittedly extreme reaction of saying "they should audition other players because I dislike their decision" or "they should change the band's name or shorten it to show that carrying on as a band is somehow inauthentic," one could behave like a normal, rational person and simply say "I don't like this anymore so I'm not going to play recordings I don't like" or "I'm not going to bother to waste money and time on concerts I won't enjoy."

There's decades of material you do enjoy and only a bit you won't so just stop with what you enjoy. Projecting our wishes on Mick and Keith is unrealistic and unhealthy. Enjoy it? Watch it, play it, buy it. Don't enjoy it? Move on. It doesn't make you less of a fan any more than Brian fans or Taylor fans or people that got off the bus forty years ago when they lost their relevance to pop culture as songwriters.

I understand that is rational approach. But I must add, that with all respect to Taylor (I like his fluid lines very much and sometimes listen to recordings from this period just to hear them) or Jones the impact of Charlie's drums on overall sound and rhythm is higher.

That said, I'll probably go the way you suggest.

Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: September 25, 2021 20:32

We all miss Charlie and we all wish he were here. But he's not. Keith, Mick, and Ronnie made the decision to go on with Steve; a decision that was made with Charlie's blessing. Out of all the living musicians in this world who are close to Keith, I'd say Steve is third behind only Mick and Ron. So, Steve Jordan is no ordinary drummer. He's a professional with decades of experience and an already close personal and professional association with the Stones.

I welcome Steve and wish him the very best of luck in his first full concert with the Rolling Stones!

Posted by: drwatts ()
Date: September 25, 2021 20:51

jahisnotdead
We all miss Charlie and we all wish he were here. But he's not. Keith, Mick, and Ronnie made the decision to go on with Steve; a decision that was made with Charlie's blessing. Out of all the living musicians in this world who are close to Keith, I'd say Steve is third behind only Mick and Ron. So, Steve Jordan is no ordinary drummer. He's a professional with decades of experience and an already close personal and professional association with the Stones.

I welcome Steve and wish him the very best of luck in his first full concert with the Rolling Stones!
Well said jah. I agree whole heartedly.

Posted by: Rocktiludrop ()
Date: September 25, 2021 22:57

jahisnotdead

Agreed, and the other thing is Steve Jordan is a producer and might help Mick and Keith finish the new Studio album in time for the 60th Anniversary Tour next year.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: September 26, 2021 04:17

Rocktiludrop
Agreed, and the other thing is Steve Jordan is a producer and might help Mick and Keith finish the new Studio album in time for the 60th Anniversary Tour next year.

I realize it's probably just due to COVID, but I did find it odd Don Was had no involvement in the GOATS HEAD SOUP and TATTOO YOU reissue projects. He talked about "Scarlet" back when EXILE was reissued. Both projects were/are being reissued without new producer credits despite overdubbing. Strange times.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1289
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home