Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
r'n'r circus - rehearsals 1968 ...
Posted by: thomashanck ()
Date: September 19, 2021 17:05

hi,

just found this, never heard it - sympathy for the devil ...
[www.youtube.com]

it is taken from a cd of rehearsals (shown at 0:18 min.),
there is also mentioned "loving cup" !
has somebody ever heard this version ?

are there more songs available to listen to in the internet ?

i found these...
sympathy again with spoken intro 1-2-3-4, you can't get..., parachute woman
and ruby tuesday
[www.youtube.com]

Re: r'n'r circus - rehearsals 1968 ...
Posted by: BlueTurns2Grey ()
Date: September 19, 2021 20:47

SFTD comes from the ABKCO Copyright Preservation Release on YT, together with Ruby Tuesday. Some of the other tracks shown at 0.18 were recorded 2 days later and are well known (YCAGWYW, PW). I would be very surprised, if tracks like Loving Cup or Memo From Turner will come to light. I don't think, that they played them. On the other hand, a fantastic version of Route 66 has been rehearsed, but it wasn't recorded.

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: September 20, 2021 10:41

BlueTurns2Grey
On the other hand, a fantastic version of Route 66 has been rehearsed, but it wasn't recorded.
How do you know it was fantastic? smiling smiley

Date: September 20, 2021 11:08

BlueTurns2Grey
SFTD comes from the ABKCO Copyright Preservation Release on YT, together with Ruby Tuesday. Some of the other tracks shown at 0.18 were recorded 2 days later and are well known (YCAGWYW, PW). I would be very surprised, if tracks like Loving Cup or Memo From Turner will come to light. I don't think, that they played them. On the other hand, a fantastic version of Route 66 has been rehearsed, but it wasn't recorded.

They played Confession The Blues, didn't they? It was too early for Loving Cup / Gimme Lil' Drink, surely? It wasn't even written yet, methinks.

Date: September 20, 2021 12:08

LieB
BlueTurns2Grey
On the other hand, a fantastic version of Route 66 has been rehearsed, but it wasn't recorded.

Sorry, I can't remember where I read it. A view persons, who had the luck to be on the set, said, that they never heard a better Stones version of that song. They also remembered, that they didn't tape it. Was it in Bill Wymans Stone Alone or something from The Who? I really can't remember this, but still wanna listen to it by myself.

Date: September 20, 2021 12:14

DandelionPowderman
BlueTurns2Grey

They played Confession The Blues, didn't they? It was too early for Loving Cup / Gimme Lil' Drink, surely? It wasn't even written yet, methinks.

You are right, it was too early for Loving Cup. Someone had fun with that tracklist.

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: September 20, 2021 12:16

LieB
BlueTurns2Grey

Blue Turns 2 Grey is an avid rabid Rolling Stones fan! He follows every thing Rolling Stones and leaves no stone unturned when it comes to Rolling Stones recordings and information. M goes out of his way to help other Rolling Stones fans.

We have many great Stones fans here. IORR is a great community of people. Thanks for the forum and your dedication bv.

Date: September 20, 2021 12:21

DandelionPowderman
BlueTurns2Grey

Speaking of great Stones fans here on IORR, DandelionPowderman chimes in with some great information and a question that will enhance our knowledge even more.

I have heard that the Stones played or rehearsed Confessin' the Blues for RnR Circus. It's just a rumor as far as I know. Confessin' the Blues isn't in any RnR Circus rehearsal recordings that I know about.

Date: September 20, 2021 13:14

exilestones
DandelionPowderman
BlueTurns2Grey

Speaking of great Stones fans here on IORR, DandelionPowderman chimes in with some great information and a question that will enhance our knowledge even more.

I have heard that the Stones played or rehearsed Confessin' the Blues for RnR Circus. It's just a rumor as far as I know. Confessin' the Blues isn't in any RnR Circus rehearsal recordings that I know about.

According to Bill Wyman's book, Rolling with the Stones, they also performed "Confessing the Blues", "Route 66" and an alternative take of Sympathy for the Devil with Brian Jones on guitar. The latter could be the ABKCO copyright drop (that came with Ruby Tuesday etc), but I can't hear Brian on it.

I have never heard that any recording of Route 66 and Confessin' The Blues have surfaced, though.

Date: September 20, 2021 21:06

vancouver
September 11, 2006

681206B 6th December: London, Marquee Club.
Rehearsals and camera tests for the Rock’n Roll Circus (along with The Who)

681208A 8th December: London, Olympic Sound Studios. Producer: Jimmy Miller.
Sound engineer: Glyn Johns.
Recording session for 'Rock'n Roll Circus'-soundtrack

681208B 8th & 9th December: London, Londonderry Hotel. Rehearsals for the Rock’n Roll
Circus.

681210A 10th - 12th December: London, Intertel Studios.
Shooting of 'The Rolling Stones Rock'n Roll Circus'. Director: Michael Lindsay Hogg.
Music produced by Jimmy Miller; recorded by sound engineer Glyn Johns with the
Olympic Mobile Recording Truck.
Note: Rehearsals were made on the 10th December, recordings on 11th
and in the wee hours of the 12th December.
- various announcements by all members of The Rolling Stones
Rehearsals MJ & John Lennon, Eric Clapton 10.12. (all unverified):
- It's Now Or Never (di Capua/Aaron Schroeder/Arthur Gold)
- Peggy Sue (Buddy Holly/Jerry Allison/Norman Petty)
- Hound Dog (Jerry Leiber/Mike Stoller)
- Lucille (Little Richard/Al Collins)
- Sweet Little Sixteen (Chuck Berry)
- Yer Blues (John Lennon/Paul McCartney) -vocal duet MJ/Lennon only
Dirty Mac (Supergroup):
- Jam (KR/John Lennon/Eric Clapton/Mitch Mitchell)
- Yer Blues 1 (John Lennon/Paul McCartney) -“feel like Dylan’s Mr.
Jones“-version
- Yer Blues 2 (John Lennon/Paul McCartney) -“just like Dylan’s Mr.
Jones“-version; official released version
- Whole Lotta Yoko (Yoko Ono) -Yoko Ono on vocals, Ivry Gitlis on violin
Line-up: KR (bass)/John Lennon (gtr, voc)/Eric Clapton (gtr)/Mitch Mitchell (dr)
Note: Whole Lotta Yoko was originally entitled Her Blues and the
composer credits are actually Clapton/Gitlis/Lennon/Mitchell/Ono/
Richards as this is nothing more than a jam.
Rehearsals Rolling Stones:
- Route 66 (Bobby Troup) -unverified
- Confessin' The Blues (Walter Brown/Jay McShann) -unverified
- Jumping Jack Flash (MJ/KR) -unverified
- Look On Yonder Wall (James Clark) -unverified
- Walkin’ Blues (Robert Johnson) -unverified
- Parachute Woman (MJ/KR) -rehearsal 1
- Parachute Woman (MJ/KR) -rehearsal 2
- You Can't Always Get What You Want (MJ/KR) -rehearsal 1
- You Can't Always Get What You Want (MJ/KR) -rehearsal 2
- Sympathy For The Devil (MJ/KR) -unverified
- Love In Vain (Robert Johnson) -unverified
- No Expectations (MJ/KR) -unverified
- Salt Of The Earth (MJ/KR) -unverified
The Rolling Stones set:
- Jumping Jack Flash (MJ/KR)
- Parachute Woman (MJ/KR)
- No Expectations (MJ/KR)
- You Can't Always Get What You Want (MJ/KR)
- Sympathy For The Devil (MJ/KR)
- Salt Of The Earth (MJ/KR) -playback with live vocals by The Rolling
Stones and backing vocals by many friends and spectators
Additional musicians: Nicky Hopkins (p)/Rocky Dijon (perc)
Note: The Stones did many takes of each song, f.e. three takes each of Jumping Jack
Flash and Parachute Woman, six takes of Sympathy For The Devil and endless
takes of You Can't Always Get What You Want and Salt Of The Earth.

there is an b & w , video,,the diff i remember is ..brian present som piano player (classic) an diff intro with john & mick..(before year blues)

2 tracks from the reh..parachute woman /ycagwyw.on the boot grvestones/rape of the vault..

the cream tracks.is bbc broadcasts..once.

[iorr.org]

Date: September 20, 2021 21:12

thkbeercan

the version of YCAGWYW on the video 25x5 features a different mix and different footage than on the official ABKCO release...

[iorr.org]

Date: September 20, 2021 21:18

Richmond63

You can hear Brinan's rhythm guitar on parachute woman,A bootleg EP called "F@4king Andrew".I used to have a cassette tape copy of that 4 songs EP.
I'm not sure it's rehearsal take or video released take, His guitar starts middle of Keith's solo. It's sure!

Date: September 20, 2021 21:43

FOCKIN' ANDREW
WHAT [FS 4033] EP

1. All Down The Line [04:55] 1969-10-17: Elektra Studios, Los Angeles, CA, Studio Session

2. Andrew's Blues [03:00] 1964-02-04: Regent Sound Studios, London, UK, Studio Session

21. Parachute Woman [02:15] Olympic Sound Studios, London, UK, Studio Session

22. You Can't Always Get What You Want [04:00] 1968-12-11: Intertel Studios, London, UK, TV appearance

[www.dbboots.com]

Date: September 23, 2021 21:10

On 30 April 2019, they announced that the Rolling Stones would release on 7 June 2019 via ABKCO a new remastered Rock and Roll Circus (4-disc and 3LP vinyl) box set. The 2019 reissue would feature remastered audio and video from the original concert and some bonus material such as previously unreleased and never-before-heard recordings of the Beatles's "Revolution" and a "Warmup Jam" from impromptu John Lennon, Keith Richards, Mitch Mitchell, Eric Clapton supergroup, the Dirty Mac, as well as three additional Taj Mahal songs. A version of the Stones performing "Parachute Woman" would also be available (only) to stream. The film would also feature new commentary tracks from Richards, Mick Jagger, Michael Lindsay-Hogg, Yoko Ono, Marianne Faithfull, and cinematographer Tony Richmond, plus an on-camera interview with Pete Townshend.

wiki

Is there really a Parachute Woman that was only available by streaming?

Date: September 24, 2021 17:53

Yep, here it is: [open.spotify.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-24 17:54 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: September 24, 2021 18:59

Would like to hear all the Johnn Lennon stuff

Posted by: alexander paul ()
Date: September 26, 2021 10:01

The Spotify take of Parachute woman seems to be the official released version of 2.58, without harmonica in the intro.

Is there another version described as 'streamed only'?

Alex.

Date: September 26, 2021 10:42

alexander paul
The Spotify take of Parachute woman seems to be the official released version of 2.58, without harmonica in the intro.

Is there another version described as 'streamed only'?

Alex.

You are right. It's the 2018 remastered mix, the same as on CD. If Spotify really streamed a different version, I never have heard it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-26 10:45 by BlueTurns2Grey.

Date: September 26, 2021 10:49

As far as I know, it's the only PW released as a streaming single.

Date: September 26, 2021 11:35

DandelionPowderman
As far as I know, it's the only PW released as a streaming single.

[www.discogs.com]

I compared the stream with this 2CD, an expanded release 2019 with extra tracks (Revolution). It's the 2018 remastered mix. IMO the same, as the Spotify stream. Of course, I didn't hear from another single release, but was hoping for another version on Spotify.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-26 11:41 by BlueTurns2Grey.

Date: September 27, 2021 04:59

DandelionPowderman
Yep, here it is: [open.spotify.com]

Thank you

Date: September 27, 2021 05:15

Date: September 27, 2021 21:43

I was hoping for a great sounding rehearsal or alternate take of Parachute Woman from Rock and Roll Circus/

Date: September 27, 2021 21:48

Taj Mahal and Charlie Watts in The Rolling Stones Rock and Roll Circus.

Who is playing bass? Who is seated on the right?

Date: September 27, 2021 21:49

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-27 21:57 by exilestones.

Date: September 27, 2021 21:54

Taj Mahal - Ain't That A Lot Of Love (Official Video) [4K]
[www.youtube.com]

Great song!

Date: September 27, 2021 22:11

December 10, 1968 - group counseling before filming for "Rock and Roll Circus" and rehearsal at Intertel Studios; Brian, who is bored, is lying on the floor watching the Taj Mahal rehearse.

Date: September 28, 2021 00:37

Michael Lindsay-Hogg

"Question: There’s talk that outtakes exist of The Rolling Stones performing a song
“Confessin’ the Blues,” any recollections of that?

Michael Lindsay- Hoog: Not that I remember.
"

Date: September 28, 2021 19:33

exilestones

Michael Lindsay-Hogg

"Question: There’s talk that outtakes exist of The Rolling Stones performing a song
“Confessin’ the Blues,” any recollections of that?

Michael Lindsay- Hoog: Not that I remember.
"

AFAIK have none of these tracks of that rehearsal been recorded.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: September 29, 2021 08:28

exilestones
On 30 April 2019, they announced that the Rolling Stones would release on 7 June 2019 via ABKCO a new remastered Rock and Roll Circus (4-disc and 3LP vinyl) box set. The 2019 reissue would feature remastered audio and video from the original concert and some bonus material such as previously unreleased and never-before-heard recordings of the Beatles's "Revolution" and a "Warmup Jam" from impromptu John Lennon, Keith Richards, Mitch Mitchell, Eric Clapton supergroup, the Dirty Mac, as well as three additional Taj Mahal songs. A version of the Stones performing "Parachute Woman" would also be available (only) to stream. The film would also feature new commentary tracks from Richards, Mick Jagger, Michael Lindsay-Hogg, Yoko Ono, Marianne Faithfull, and cinematographer Tony Richmond, plus an on-camera interview with Pete Townshend.

wiki

Is there really a Parachute Woman that was only available by streaming?[/quote

Was there any bonus material on this release in Japan or is the 4 disc version the most comprehensive one as is, the world over?

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1891
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home