Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Accessing my ticket on Ticketmaster site via my phone
Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: September 18, 2021 19:37

I'm beyond frustrated. When I try to log onto my TM account to view my ticket, the screen on my phone goes blank. That's it. Cannot reach a person at TM. They respond with a generic email, which offers no help. Any ideas folks?

Re: Accessing my ticket on Ticketmaster site via my phone
Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 18, 2021 19:45

I'm assuming you're trying to access through the TM app as opposed to a web browser.
If not, I would install the app. If going through app, I would delete it and re-install.

Just make sure to know all your login and password data.

Date: September 18, 2021 20:03

MisterDDDD
I'm assuming you're trying to access through the TM app as opposed to a web browser.
If not, I would install the app. If going through app, I would delete it and re-install.

I'll give that a try. Thanks.

Date: September 18, 2021 20:27

steffialicia
MisterDDDD

Situation is improving but still a bit strange. I see the ticket and barcode but these blue lines keep "scanning" the barcode. Is this normal?

Date: September 18, 2021 20:51

No, at least not on my device.

Date: September 18, 2021 20:54

MisterDDDD
No, at least not on my device.

Did you have to sign onto Google Pay? It's asking me to do that. Wtf?

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: September 18, 2021 21:06

steffialicia
steffialicia
MisterDDDD

Situation is improving but still a bit strange. I see the ticket and barcode but these blue lines keep "scanning" the barcode. Is this normal?

Yes, that scanning blue line is the new normal. Before I could just take a screen shot of the barcode and show it at the door but now you have to show that actual barcode with the scanning blue line. Anti scalping reasons. Also, if you want to transfer the other ticket to another person, they also have to have the ticketmaster app on their phone to transfer the ticket. Unfortunately I won't be seeing the Stones since Vancouver was cancelled, but I do have tickets in 2022 for The Killers and Elton John and both have this new type of ticket.

Date: September 18, 2021 21:13

Strange.. first reg ticket I looked at, St Louis, has just reg barcode.
After reading above, checked my other tix, and sure enough.. scanning blue line.

Interesting.. one thing I like about having Lucky Dips is ending up with a paper ticket. Last one I went to in Santa Clara, the pit ticket was stunning.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: September 18, 2021 21:28

I wish ticketmaster would still print regular tickets, even the ability to print out the ticket like in recent years. All my tickets over the years I've scanned and saved to a couple hard drives.
Not sure what they do for people with no phones. When I bought the Killers and Elton tickets, there was no option for getting the tickets any other way.

Posted by: floodonthepage ()
Date: September 18, 2021 22:06

DGA35
I wish ticketmaster would still print regular tickets, even the ability to print out the ticket like in recent years. All my tickets over the years I've scanned and saved to a couple hard drives.
Not sure what they do for people with no phones. When I bought the Killers and Elton tickets, there was no option for getting the tickets any other way.

TM still prints regular tickets for show which (I guess?) are lower profile type shows and/or are perceived to require less ticket scalping security. Not sure why there is the variation, but I was able to get paper tickets for recent TM purchases to Leon Bridges, Chris Stapleton and Black Pumas....but not for Stones or Roger Waters.

Date: September 18, 2021 22:25

DGA35
steffialicia
steffialicia
MisterDDDD

Yes, that scanning blue line is the new normal. Before I could just take a screen shot of the barcode and show it at the door but now you have to show that actual barcode with the scanning blue line. Anti scalping reasons. Also, if you want to transfer the other ticket to another person, they also have to have the ticketmaster app on their phone to transfer the ticket. Unfortunately I won't be seeing the Stones since Vancouver was cancelled, but I do have tickets in 2022 for The Killers and Elton John and both have this new type of ticket.

Thank you! Sorry about the Stones.

Date: September 18, 2021 22:26

MisterDDDD
Strange.. first reg ticket I looked at, St Louis, has just reg barcode.
After reading above, checked my other tix, and sure enough.. scanning blue line.

Interesting.. one thing I like about having Lucky Dips is ending up with a paper ticket. Last one I went to in Santa Clara, the pit ticket was stunning.

I love a paper ticket. I miss the old days.

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: September 18, 2021 22:35

Can you still do “will call” at the Venue and pick up you paper ticket on the night, or have covid rules made it ticketless now? I’ve kept 90% of my stubs over the years.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1896
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home