Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Sympathy footage from 1969
Posted by: 68to72 ()
Date: September 18, 2021 19:06

Not sure if this has already been posted, couldn't find it ,,,,,,
But its sooo cool!

[www.youtube.com]

What a drag it is gettin' old

Re: Sympathy footage from 1969
Date: September 18, 2021 19:43

Never seen before, with Mick Taylor!. Seems completely in sync. Priceless, thank you !thumbs up

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: September 18, 2021 20:21

That is some nice footage there! Given the only commercially released footage is the version from Altamont seen in Gimme Shelter (which is incomplete), it is nice to watch this. Now, if there was a complete video of Midnight Rambler from Reelin' in the Years like this from 1969, I'd just about pee my pants to see it (LOL)!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-18 20:22 by Sighunt.

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: September 18, 2021 20:31

I think it’s been posted before, but always great to see. it’s a pity the camera is not that much on KEITH. Man Keith was on fire 1969…….!!!! hot smiley

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: September 18, 2021 20:58

And there were five Rolling Stones ... poor camera positioning. But the rendition was great!
smileys with beer

I'm a GHOST living in a ghost town

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: September 19, 2021 01:34

Thanks, but I'll stick with the Ya-Yas version for 7 minutes of my semi-valuable time.

Paint it black....paint it black you devil.

Posted by: thomas guitar ()
Date: September 19, 2021 11:37

i think the footage is from the Detroit show 11/24/69

Posted by: BlueTurns2Grey ()
Date: September 19, 2021 12:26

Reelin' In The Years wrote on YT, that 50 minutes of this video are existing and only LQ has been aired before. But a synced silent film with SCB and LQ has been posted here without watermarks, maybe from another source.

LQ & SCB: [youtu.be] and another version : [youtu.be]
SFTD as listed above: [youtu.be]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-19 12:42 by BlueTurns2Grey.

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: September 19, 2021 14:03

Gotta love the guitar sound !

Posted by: steenhorst ()
Date: September 20, 2021 11:58

Great great MT!!!!

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: September 20, 2021 13:02

I wish somebody would release these great Stones videos that Reelin' in the Years is trying to license.

Thanks for the posts, everybody!

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: September 20, 2021 19:09

georgie48
And there were five Rolling Stones ... poor camera positioning. But the rendition was great!
smileys with beer

Camera cuts Keith out during Keith's solo, and opens up to include Keith during MT's solo. Possible that he didn't have a clue of who was playing what?

C

Posted by: Four Stone Walls ()
Date: September 20, 2021 19:58

Taylor's upbeat and boyant rhythm is very good/ important for these versions.

In total sync with Charlie and allowed Keith the freedom and platform to play - perfected on the Ya-yas version.

Taylor's lead shorter than on Ya Has but also a work in progress but very powerful here.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-20 21:15 by Four Stone Walls.

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: September 20, 2021 20:19

One of the best versions! Fantastic! It was already posted here, but I'm always glad to see and hear it again.

Date: September 21, 2021 14:34

Four Stone Walls
Taylor's upbeat and boyant rhythm is very good/ important for these versions.

It's probably inspired by the the percussion on the original. The same rhythm basically, even the tempo.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-21 15:06 by TheflyingDutchman.

Posted by: Mr. Jimi ()
Date: January 27, 2022 19:55

Sighunt
That is some nice footage there! Given the only commercially released footage is the version from Altamont seen in Gimme Shelter (which is incomplete), it is nice to watch this. Now, if there was a complete video of Midnight Rambler from Reelin' in the Years like this from 1969, I'd just about pee my pants to see it (LOL)!

Oh MY! Any more info on whether we get more footage? A complete Midnight Rambler with the belt would be amazing . . . Where is the footage from? From who? etc.

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: January 28, 2022 10:34

thomas guitar
i think the footage is from the Detroit show 11/24/69

Correct.

This is arguably as good as the MSG shows.

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: January 29, 2022 02:24

Very cool to be able to watch such a great rendition of Sympathy from that tour. Killer version. The band is really tight and those guitars just soar. The Stones had found their groove. Everything just flows. I can never get too much of the 69 tour. The Stones indeed certainly did get it on in Detroit!

More please?

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: January 29, 2022 11:51

Lovely Sympathy!
Charlie's great, inn'he?
What a groove they get into – listen to that kick and snare locked in with the rest. And Mick T's blistering guitar solo.
The Stones at one of their highest peaks.

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: January 29, 2022 16:01

What's great about seeing footage shot from just one camera is that you really get a sense of what it was like to be there and watch it from your spot in the audience.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: January 29, 2022 16:56

Great to see that version, though I think it's despicable that they're going back that far to airbrush Bill out.

Posted by: pmk251 ()
Date: July 14, 2022 23:08

What stuck in my mind from the Forum '69 2nd show is not Jagger, but Keith. It was a strong show by him as the tape (heard decades later) confirmed. He was so angular, square shouldered, his knees, arms, wrist connected to his playing. And it all looked so easy. I never thought there was enough footage to match the impact of him on my memory at that time. This footage is imperfect. I wish the camera had focused on him more, but it is pretty good. You get the sense of the honesty of his playing, the loose precision. And it was very sexy. Taylor and Richards: men at work.

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: July 15, 2022 07:08

loog droog
What's great about seeing footage shot from just one camera is that you really get a sense of what it was like to be there and watch it from your spot in the audience.

To me it seems as if it's an (amateur) audience shot. (Descriptive, not judgemental)

There's always this as well [www.youtube.com] but that's mimed to the track. But it is 1969.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: JMARKO ()
Date: July 15, 2022 15:19

CaptainCorella
loog droog

To me it seems as if it's an (amateur) audience shot. (Descriptive, not judgemental)

There's always this as well [www.youtube.com] but that's mimed to the track. But it is 1969.

It’s December of 1968. No Mick Taylor. The vocal is live, and there’s an alternate guitar part by Keith.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1215
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home