Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Blackberry Smoke Record Store Day Rolling Stones Covers Album
Posted by: kovach ()
Date: September 15, 2021 05:24

Blackberry Smoke Stones Cover Album

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-15 05:26 by kovach.

Re: OT: Blackberry Smoke Record Store Day Rolling Stones Covers Album
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 15, 2021 05:56

Funny they'd pick doing a cover of a stones cover.

I like the idea of cutting an entire side live...that should be interesting. Too bad it'll be so rare, only 2500 copies.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: September 15, 2021 15:44

They did a fantastic job doing something similar with Southern Rock artists - "Live From Capricorn Sound Studio"

Excellent versions of "Midnight Rider", "Take The Highway", "Keep On Smilin'", "Revival", "Grits Ain't Groceries", and Little Richards' "Southern Child".

Charlie Starr is really a talent.

[www.amazon.com]

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 15, 2021 19:22

I saw them open for ZZ Top back in 2015, and while they were OK, they were of a more retro rehash band than anything original, edgy, or contemporary.
They certainly dress and look the part though of a classic '70's southern rock band, but none of their originals reflect the quality of the real deal.
Nothing wrong with that I guess if you enjoy tributes, but I still don't know any of their original tunes - seems they're a better covers band than anything else, and might be interesting to hear their Stones covers.

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: September 15, 2021 19:26

Hairball
I saw them open for ZZ Top back in 2015, and while they were OK, they were of a more retro rehash band than anything original, edgy, or contemporary.
They certainly dress and look the part though of a classic '70's southern rock band, but none of their originals reflect the quality of the real deal.
Nothing wrong with that I guess if you enjoy tributes, but I still don't know any of their original tunes - seems they're a better covers band than anything else, and might be interesting to hear their Stones covers.

Check out their live album, good representation of their music. Maybe they come off different as an opening act.

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: September 15, 2021 22:14

Nice!
Luv Charlie Starr!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2015
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home