Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

No Stones on Hollywood Walk of Fame?
Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: September 14, 2021 19:44

Planning a (too quick) trip to LA this weekend to see among a few other touristy things, the Pink Floyd exhibit that just opened on Hollywood Blvd.

So of course I start scouting out where some of my favorite stars are on the famed Walk of Fame (Bowie’s a must see for me) and I am kind of shocked - The Rolling Stones do NOT have a star! The Beatles do, as do many other recording artists, but really -no Stones?? Maybe when they play the upcoming 2 nights in LA?

Re: No Stones on Hollywood Walk of Fame?
Date: September 14, 2021 21:30

I actually for a laugh did reach out to the Walk of Fame and just got this reply...

I am shocked too. I have been doing this job for more than 30 years and we have never received a nomination for them. We can only consider nominees if paperwork sent.

Thanks for the inquiry,

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: September 14, 2021 21:39

This is a good thing folks! As if they need that.

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: September 14, 2021 21:48

DEmerson
I actually for a laugh did reach out to the Walk of Fame and just got this reply...

I am shocked too. I have been doing this job for more than 30 years and we have never received a nomination for them. We can only consider nominees if paperwork sent.

Thanks for the inquiry,

Nominate them, DE!

Posted by: cyclist ()
Date: September 14, 2021 22:31

Whoever nominates the star must pay a fee of $50,000.

And you thought PIT tix were expensive!!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 14, 2021 22:33

A lot are nominated by fan clubs. As well as paid for I might add (30k).

Then before they'll issue one, the recipient has to want one, odd as that might sound. They also need to agree to appear at the unveiling etc. They clearly could have orchestrated one if they had wanted over the decades, but was likely unappealing. That may have changed however.

This would have been a very good year to get this done with them there a week or so. Would be fantastic!

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: September 14, 2021 22:43

There's so many undeserving on there that it's not really an honor. Walt Disney is there, but Max Fleischer is not, the genius behind the 1930s Popeye and Betty Boop cartoons.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 15, 2021 01:29

Along with the Beatles' star on the Walk of Fame, all four Beatles have their own individual stars in front of the Capitol Records building, with John Lennon and George Harrison's being dedicated posthumously.
Jimi Hendrix is another who had a star dedicated posthumously back in the '90's - right near the legendary Musso and Frank restaurant.

Date: September 15, 2021 06:00

Thanks Hairball - I’ll be having dinner at Musso and Frank - will look for Jimi’s star.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 15, 2021 06:15

If you do a google search of "Jimi Hendrix star on Hollywood walk of Fame" it will show you exactly where.
As you leave the restaurant - walk left down Hollywood Blvd. and cross N. Cherokee..keep looking down ...

Jimi

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 15, 2021 07:42

I don't see Mick accepting this paltry honour. Wait?!

Posted by: rollingon ()
Date: September 15, 2021 14:02

The Stones don't need that. They are so big that they are really above those kind of things.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: September 15, 2021 14:37

treaclefingers

C'mon, treacle. For an English gentleman and a wanna-be aristocrat a knighthood is something else than having some bloody star on a street people walk on by... Mick seemingly never been ever too impressed by any trophies or whatever acknowlegments American entertainment industry loves to share... America seems only to be a market for him; forget the bullshit, just give him the money, and you are good...

- Doxa

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-15 14:49 by Doxa.

Posted by: rollingon ()
Date: September 15, 2021 20:19

Doxa
treaclefingers

C'mon, treacle. For an English gentleman and a wanna-be aristocrat a knighthood is something else than having some bloody star on a street people walk on by... Mick seemingly never been ever too impressed by any trophies or whatever acknowlegments American entertainment industry loves to share... America seems only to be a market for him; forget the bullshit, just give him the money, and you are good...

- Doxa

thumbs up

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: September 15, 2021 20:28

What a fuzz about some star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. Some day Mother Earth will be without humans. They will have imigrated to Mars. No more stars, but ..... The Rolling Stones do have a rock named after them on Mars! And they are the first (and maybe the last act) to have a Mars rock named after them. Yeaah.

smileys with beer

I'm a GHOST living in a ghost town

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: September 15, 2021 21:45

Doxa
treaclefingers

- Doxa
+1

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 15, 2021 21:53

TheGreek
Doxa
treaclefingers

- Doxa
+1

HEY!

You shower of shit!

Don't shoot the messenger!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 15, 2021 22:57

Dont want them on the Walk ...

Just let the music and way of life speak ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 15, 2021 23:30

Rockman
Dont want them on the Walk ...

Just let the music and way of life speak ...

It's funny but the first time I walked around checking out all the stars, there were a few classic stars I wanted to see, Monroe, John Wayne etc.
While I saw musicians like Johnny Cash, (didn't see Beatles or really any rock stars)., it never even dawned on me to look for the Stones.
It's Hollywood.. movie stars.. swimming pools..

At first thought of it, this thread, I thought it might be cool, as they would all have to gather for it etc., but after further review, I am also glad they aren't there.

This stipulation in the nominating process is why they've never received one as anyone can nominate them. Also, rates have gone up.. it's 50k required now.
"The application must include a letter of agreement from the nominee confirming they want to be nominated"
[atomtickets.com]

Posted by: maxx ()
Date: September 16, 2021 21:20

50K for what amounts to a fancy paving slab Just Wow .

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1419
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home