Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: SoFi Stadium Los Angeles CA get a 2nd show on Oct 14
Posted by: vibrolux ()
Date: September 18, 2021 01:58

Guess I'm double dippin' the L.A. shows. Crossing my fingers for that moment when they open those envelopes.

Seemed like pretty easy dippin' this morning relative to prior shows. Hopefully this show starts to sell well so that there aren't thousands of dippers hoping for those Golden Ticket pit tix.

Haven't hit the jackpot yet. Maybe one of these shows. We'll see...

Posted by: rustytrinket86 ()
Date: September 18, 2021 04:13

vibrolux
Guess I'm double dippin' the L.A. shows. Crossing my fingers for that moment when they open those envelopes.

Seemed like pretty easy dippin' this morning relative to prior shows. Hopefully this show starts to sell well so that there aren't thousands of dippers hoping for those Golden Ticket pit tix.

Haven't hit the jackpot yet. Maybe one of these shows. We'll see...

Good luck. I must admit… I have Pits for the 10/14 show but when LD popped up I carted 2 just for that rush and feeling again… then I let them go. Good ol catch and release. grinning smiley

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: September 18, 2021 20:30

Damn I wish GlimmerGirl24 was here, so she could advise us on the chances this show gets canceled or moved.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 18, 2021 20:35

Seems to be selling much slower than St. Louis...

Posted by: jmd ()
Date: September 18, 2021 21:47

Hairball

I recall these same conversations for the Dodger Stadium show on ABB tour, particularly after the postponement to Thanksgiving Eve 2006. Sales were slow then too. By the time Stones and their promoters worked their magic—markdowns, 4 packs, free tickets, offloads to secondary resellers—the place was full. That worked out well, as we were able to get seats on field for something like $75 each and flip the 4 pack seats we had purchased.

I would doubt show would be cancelled at this stage as Stones will want their guarantees. Based on some of the “gray” sections being seen, I’m guessing stage may be moved from original plan, and they’ve got enough tickets in reserve for both shows to “upgrade” folks whose seats are impacted. And then pull out the bag of tricks as needed to get butts in seats that are left.

Date: September 18, 2021 23:53

jmd
Hairball

I recall these same conversations for the Dodger Stadium show on ABB tour, particularly after the postponement to Thanksgiving Eve 2006. Sales were slow then too. By the time Stones and their promoters worked their magic—markdowns, 4 packs, free tickets, offloads to secondary resellers—the place was full. That worked out well, as we were able to get seats on field for something like $75 each and flip the 4 pack seats we had purchased.

I would doubt show would be cancelled at this stage as Stones will want their guarantees. Based on some of the “gray” sections being seen, I’m guessing stage may be moved from original plan, and they’ve got enough tickets in reserve for both shows to “upgrade” folks whose seats are impacted. And then pull out the bag of tricks as needed to get butts in seats that are left.

They won't be moving the stage because they would have to move it back for the Sunday show. This actually cuts down costs over adding a show somewhere else. Also people are just not buying concert tickets now. Sales fell off a cliff starting 3rd/4th week of July. Go look at all the resale tix for Sunday, those aren't selling either.

Posted by: cyclist ()
Date: September 19, 2021 21:09

What do you predict ticket buying will be like for the show on the 17th?

Do you think the scalpers will be panicking now that the 14th has been added? Will Ticketmaster drop more tickets? Should I just want until a few days before the show and see what happens with Stubhub and TM?

Any (good) advice is appreciated!

Date: September 19, 2021 22:22

cyclist
What do you predict ticket buying will be like for the show on the 17th?

Do you think the scalpers will be panicking now that the 14th has been added? Will Ticketmaster drop more tickets? Should I just want until a few days before the show and see what happens with Stubhub and TM?

Any (good) advice is appreciated!

The situation is fluid, Basically concert ticket sales fell off a cliff the end of July and haven't recovered.

Demand for the 10/17 could be insane based on buzz for previous show or because the 10/14 show doesn't happen and those ticket holders start looking at 10/17

I would actually be surprised if this show happens at all. You cannot compare the last Dodger Stadium show in 2006 either as there wasn't a global pandemic happening, for that it was just a case of going to the well too many times.

Not to mention it really looks like they sold hardly any tickets. Still plenty in the lowest price tiers and those are the ones that go the fastest.

Nothing on 10/14 at the Forum!

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1635
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home