Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
SoFi Stadium Los Angeles CA get a 2nd show on Oct 14
Posted by: bv ()
Date: September 9, 2021 17:39

Due to demand an additional show at SoFi Stadium in LA has been added for Oct 14. Pre-sale for the Stones mailing list starts Weds Sep 15 10am PT to Thurs Sep 16 10pm PT, sign up: [the-rolling-stones.lnk.to]
Tickets on general sale Fri Sep 17 at 10am PT via [rollingstones.com]

[twitter.com]

RollingStones.com Tour pages

PS. This is a copy of what "bye bye johnny" posted in the 2021 Tour Thread. I just wanted to make sure that everyone see this, then this thread may be merged into the main tour thread.

For updates and comments please see these threads:

The Rolling Stones - 2021 US Tour (Rescheduled Dates + New Shows)

Los Angeles, CA USA 2021 - Stones travel and show info

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-19 16:25 by bv.

Re: SoFi Stadium Los Angeles CA get a 2nd show on Oct 14
Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 9, 2021 18:20

Whoo whoo!!!

Posted by: northof49 ()
Date: September 9, 2021 18:26

Surprise Surprise indeed! I thought sales were lagging for all of these shows.eye popping smiley

I thought wrong.

Finally some good news.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-09 18:32 by northof49.

Posted by: Javadave ()
Date: September 9, 2021 18:37

“increased demand” i.e. filling in the gap in the tour schedule created by the New Orleans cancellation.

Having first had the Vancouver show, then the New Orleans shows I had tickets for cancelled, I’ve been thinking this tour just isn’t in the cards for me. I will see if I can score some LDs for this one though.

Posted by: artedm ()
Date: September 9, 2021 18:49

At $5.5 billion, it’s the most expensive stadium in the world, and entirely privately financed.
[www.bloomberg.com]

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: September 9, 2021 19:15

this show is gonna be so empty

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 9, 2021 19:17

Dan
this show is gonna be so empty

Yay smileys with beer

Posted by: bobo ()
Date: September 9, 2021 19:37

You guys really should work for Stones. grinning smiley

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: September 9, 2021 19:52

The problem for me, an L.A. resident, is the newness of the stadium. Never been there. Don't know the lay of the land. Don't know how scalpers will work. Don't really know how to get there, how to park. I hear parking is ultra expensive, like $60 USD. Plus I was listening to Steve Jordan drum on the Chuck Berry documentary. Okay, but................

Date: September 9, 2021 20:03

24FPS
The problem for me, an L.A. resident, is the newness of the stadium. Never been there. Don't know the lay of the land. Don't know how scalpers will work. Don't really know how to get there, how to park. I hear parking is ultra expensive, like $60 USD. Plus I was listening to Steve Jordan drum on the Chuck Berry documentary. Okay, but................

Do a recon on the next event

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: September 9, 2021 20:23

24FPS

Don't pay $60 for parking anywhere, unless there are favors involved. $20 tops in someone's backyard. You definitely can't park on the street in Inglewood anymore. I plan to do a recon this weekend.

It's Inglewood, so plenty of scalpers. The only challenge is finding tix that aren't digital.

Steve Jordan - can't help you there, sorry!

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: September 9, 2021 20:32

artedm
At $5.5 billion, it’s the most expensive stadium in the world, and entirely privately financed.
[www.bloomberg.com]

I think fans of Arsenal Football Club would like to know just how much money has been taken away from Arsenal and invested into this LA stadium.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: September 9, 2021 20:41

quite a surprise, I'd say.

On the other hand – if you look at all those over-priced re-sale tickets at ticketmaster for the other show LA and realize that those bast**ds will loose a lot of money you really have to cheer up

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: September 9, 2021 20:50

The resellers would only lose a lot of money if they had to resell under face value. Can you do that on Ticketmaster? Their FAQ says you can't:

[help.ticketmaster.com]

Naturally, if somebody has bought, say, 6 or 8 tickets with the sole intention of reselling them all for profit, they'll get hit. Then again, professional scalpers run such big pools (across the board on the entire tour even) that they can afford to take a loss at one city and try to make up for it elsewhere. Naturally, COVID isn't exactly helping the resale market.

And then there are people who only bought a pair, see if they can resell it, and if they are unable to resell, they'll just end up using the tickets themselves.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-09 20:55 by Topi.

Posted by: jmd ()
Date: September 9, 2021 21:01

slewan
quite a surprise, I'd say.

On the other hand – if you look at all those over-priced re-sale tickets at ticketmaster for the other show LA and realize that those bast**ds will loose a lot of money you really have to cheer up

My guess is many of the resales are being driven by Rams/Chargers season ticket holders who thought they’d buy tickets in presales and flip them. Many of those folks learning a lesson in economics…particularly if they bought tickets in the 500s.

Same thing is happening for Rams/Bears tickets this Sunday. Prices have been falling for weeks…get-in price in the 500s is down to $80 from an ask of $150-200 a couple weeks ago.

(I’d guess all the resales available for Vegas are also being driven, at least in part, by Raiders season ticket holders buying presales hoping they can flip them there too.)

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: September 9, 2021 21:31

DeanGoodman
24FPS

Don't pay $60 for parking anywhere, unless there are favors involved. $20 tops in someone's backyard. You definitely can't park on the street in Inglewood anymore. I plan to do a recon this weekend.

It's Inglewood, so plenty of scalpers. The only challenge is finding tix that aren't digital.

Steve Jordan - can't help you there, sorry!

Thanks. I know after the Forum closed, near where Sofi is, I was relieved to never have to go to that neighborhood again. Of course Staples was still pretty rough when they first opened. You just don't want to get off the main roads in and out. At some point I think the L.A. subway system will connect to Sofi. At least you'd hope so by the Olympics in 2028.

Date: September 9, 2021 21:37

Topi
The resellers would only lose a lot of money if they had to resell under face value. Can you do that on Ticketmaster? Their FAQ says you can't:

[help.ticketmaster.com]

Naturally, if somebody has bought, say, 6 or 8 tickets with the sole intention of reselling them all for profit, they'll get hit. Then again, professional scalpers run such big pools (across the board on the entire tour even) that they can afford to take a loss at one city and try to make up for it elsewhere. Naturally, COVID isn't exactly helping the resale market.

And then there are people who only bought a pair, see if they can resell it, and if they are unable to resell, they'll just end up using the tickets themselves.

Yes, Ticketmaster enforces price floors.

However most are broker tickets going out to all marketplaces on point of sales systems. I really doubt the same players are going to be buying in so heavily for the added show.

Posted by: BFR ()
Date: September 9, 2021 22:17

I was very surprised by this announcement but glad to see them adding rather than subtracting shows. Things are looking up, it seems.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 9, 2021 22:29

Good to see they went from the unlucky 13 shows (not including the Kraft party) back up to 14 - this tour has enough weird vibes as it is.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: September 9, 2021 22:40

looks like I'll be going to one more show. And only three days between shows, unheard of since ABB, tho not sure on that.

plexi

Date: September 9, 2021 22:43

They played 2 shows in 3 days on the 2013 tour on a couple of occasions.

[iorr.org]

The 2015 Zip Code Tour still routinely had a cycle of 2 shows in 4 days.

[iorr.org]

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-09 23:04 by Topi.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: September 9, 2021 23:12

timbernardis
looks like I'll be going to one more show. And only three days between shows, unheard of since ABB, tho not sure on that.

plexi

London May 22nd and 25th, 2018

Coventry June 2nd, Manchester June 5th, 2018

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-09 23:14 by slewan.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: September 10, 2021 00:41

Re: SoFi Stadium Los Angeles CA get a 2nd show on Oct 14 new
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 9, 2021 22:29

Good to see they went from the unlucky 13 shows (not including the Kraft party) back up to 14 - this tour has enough weird vibes as it is.

good point
i didn't even think of that

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: September 10, 2021 03:33

In 2019 it became 4 days between most shows.

plexi

Posted by: a bigger nut ()
Date: September 10, 2021 05:56

slewan
timbernardis

plexi

London May 22nd and 25th, 2018

Coventry June 2nd, Manchester June 5th, 2018

2014 on fire asian leg @ tokyo, March 4th & 6th

Date: September 10, 2021 06:25

Thanks slewan, I forgot about London and Coventry!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-10 06:51 by Topi.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: September 10, 2021 09:34

timbernardis
And only three days between shows, unheard of since ABB, tho not sure on that.

Two days off between Twickenham and Berlin in 2018.

Date: September 10, 2021 10:10

I looked at the 2017 tour schedule and looks like they routinely ran a cycle of "day on -> day off -> day off -> day on" even then. So Zip Code wasn't the last time with that pattern after all, my apologies!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-10 10:12 by Topi.

Posted by: ribbelchips ()
Date: September 10, 2021 11:47

That's mainly because they don't have 2 complete stages anymore. That's just not profitable when you do these kind of small tours. They can only play two shows in three days when they play in the same stadium.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-10 12:20 by ribbelchips.

Date: September 10, 2021 12:15

That (logistics) is definitely part of the equation.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-10 13:29 by Topi.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1923
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home