Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 2 of 7
Re: OT Faces have recorded 14 new songs and will tour!
Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: September 9, 2021 19:57

kovach
Maybe put Jeff Beck on the bill and do a set of Faces and Jeff Beck group. Might attract a few more ticket sales.

I would doubt that happening. Jeff Beck is still at the top of his game and can tour successfully as a solo act.

Posted by: PhillyFAN ()
Date: September 10, 2021 01:01

kovach
CousinC
KRiffhard
CousinC
Btw.
Kenny would have been a better match to the Stones sound than Steve.
But nobody's asking me. . lol

...thankfully!

Ha, I knew that answer would come.
But why?

I find a new drummer/ Steve musically quite interesting.
But both Daryl and Steve not the best choice for the Stones. (If this has to be done).

Technically lots of musicians could do the job. But I could think of a few that imo fit better. I just mentioned Kenny cause we were talking Faces.
Iorr showed he could do the Charlie style. But with a nice (and better?) touch.

Maybe they wanted more Winos than Faces in the band.

You know I wonder who the deciding vote was for Daryl...Charlie's love of jazz, one would suspect maybe his vote carried a little extra weight.

I think MJ and KR"s ears are the only ears that matter. They trust their music to Darryl and Steve. MJ has to sing and dance to the rythm the they make only with MJ and KR approval. MJ is not going to let them fugg up the grove he performa to.

Posted by: EasterMan ()
Date: September 11, 2021 13:24

I would prefer to see the Faces with Mick Hucknall these days, he can still hit the higher notes.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: September 12, 2021 13:46

EasterMan
I would prefer to see the Faces with Mick Hucknall these days, he can still hit the higher notes.

That would leave only Ronnie and Kenney from the original group. Can that really still legitimately be called the Faces? And btw, if this video proves anything at all, it's that Ian McLagan was such an indispensable part of the band's overall sound, it makes me wonder if seeing them perform without him would even be worth the bother, regardless of who the singer is.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: October 20, 2021 13:47

anymore news for this supposed faces tour because a thought crossed my mind that it be pretty cool if they did this before next summer ronnie asks keith to join them
kind of a win win keith's name would draw more people and would be a good way to keep keith's guitar chops in shape before the summer tour of europe next year

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: October 20, 2021 14:00

ProfessorWolf

anymore news for this supposed faces tour because a thought crossed my mind that it be pretty cool if they did this before next summer ronnie asks keith to join them
kind of a win win keith's name would draw more people and would be a good way to keep keith's guitar chops in shape before the summer tour of europe next year

Rod is already booking solo gigs into October 2022, and there aren't many gaps in his schedule. Looks like he may have some free time during the winter months and again in June.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-20 14:00 by tatters.

Date: October 20, 2021 14:30

june seems unlikely unless the stones tour ends before then so seems like the winter sometime be our best bet got to imagine after his last round with cancer ronnie wouldn't want this to be put off to long just in case the worst happens and his cancer comes back

Posted by: Rocktiludrop ()
Date: October 20, 2021 15:22

No offence, and don't get me wrong cause i love Rod, but he's full of c#*p.
He says he's getting the faces back again from time to time, I'll believe it when i see it.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: October 20, 2021 16:17

To be honest if Rod wasn't available or changes his mind again, Mick Hucknall is just as good in my opinion. thumbs up

I've only just seen this clip from a few years back, when myself and paulywaul were in the front row of the audience, in the part of the studio that was like being in your living room at home.

It was on a Friday early evening recording for The Rob Brydon show on a very hot day.

Was at the old Thames Television studios at Teddington, now sadly long gone.

If I remember rightly, paulywaul was going to the Polo Club in Surrey somewhere on the following day, where The Faces performed a really great gig.

Date: October 20, 2021 16:24

good point he does seem to say that a lot but i can hope
to be honest i'd rather ronnie get a band together and do a solo tour

Posted by: coffeepotman ()
Date: October 20, 2021 16:35

I really liked the 2011 version of The Faces. Screw Rod, he can't sing rock anymore and he'd probably have a string section behind him. Also losing Mac is a big one, he was a massive part of their sound

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: October 20, 2021 16:42

Whats the point of it now? Apart from money.
Unfortunately much too late.

Ronnie was best in Faces but live he was always Ronnie.

I remember them on a festival in Germany ca.72/73 (with C. Berry,Sly & family stone,etc.). Keith Moon came on stage with them but didn't really play.
I loved the gig but couldn't believe some of the bum notes Wood played. But it was fun and it seemed he didn't give a shit.

Posted by: roryfaninva ()
Date: October 20, 2021 17:01

Big Faces fan but like The Kinks, I think they've left it a little too late. They werent quite the same without Ronnie Lane but Macs absence leaves a huge sonic hole. And Rods voice aint what it used to be, to say the least .
I predict the reunion will somehow end up being an interlude or encore in Rod's shows. How about a proper live release- 1973's Overtures and Beginners was not all that hot and I recall Mac saying there were better live recordings in the can.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-20 17:02 by roryfaninva.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: October 20, 2021 18:45

The incarnation with Mick Hucknall as singer was a good band (saw them live a couple of times). But they still had Ian McLagan. Without him, and with Rod Stewart's voice the way it is now, I don't think it would work.

Posted by: WorriedAboutYou ()
Date: October 20, 2021 19:13

Rocktiludrop
No offence, and don't get me wrong cause i love Rod, but he's full of c#*p.
He says he's getting the faces back again from time to time, I'll believe it when i see it.

Exactly this and as others have said, it's just too late now without Mac and Plonk, Rod's voice the way it is, just too much against them sounding good again.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: October 21, 2021 11:46

See the Kenney Jones clip from MOJO in the Stones Connections thread: he's being very non-commital about the new recordings...

[iorr.org]

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: October 21, 2021 13:04

Listened to Rod the other day - clips from his new tour. Sounds very old and tired. Hot Legs is a joke. Mick - Rod 10-0! Sad, because I like him a lot. smiling smiley

OT Faces
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: December 24, 2021 17:03

The Faces tease details of comeback album

By Celebretainment
December 24, 2021

The Faces’ fans will recognize some of the songs on their comeback album.

It was revealed in the summer that the reformed 'Stay With Me' rockers - drummer Kenney Jones, guitarist Ronnie Wood and singer Sir Rod Stewart - were back in the studio laying down music, and the sticksman has explained that the record will be a “mixture of old and new”, with certain pieces of music already familiar to their loyal supporters.

He told Uncut magazine: “What we’ve decided to do is work on some of the original stuff that we didn’t use, so the album is going to be a mixture of old and new.

“The songs we’ve been revisiting are from right across the board.

“It’s very difficult to go into specifics because many of them didn’t even have titles.

“I think the fans may have heard certain things before and might recognize them.

“Ronnie and I, in particular, have been working on lots of the old stuff together and we’ve re-recorded a couple of those songs with more of a modern feel.

However, work has been stilted because of Rod’s solo work and Ronnie’s commitment to the Rolling Stones.

Kenney continued: “The new songs are coming along too We’re definitely going in the right direction but work had to stop temporarily while Woody went back to his rescheduled gigs with the Stones.

“The same thing happened with Rod.

“I know that Rod, between things on tour, is working on lyrics to some of them. Woody is doing the same thing. So we’ll return to those when we’re able to get back together again.”

Fans can also expect some “special guests” on the record, but their identities are staying under wraps for now.

Kenney said: “I don’t want to give too much away at this point, but there will be some special guests on there with us.

“We’ve already done a few overdub sessions with some well-known people, which will remain a trade secret for the moment.”

[www.celebretainment.com]

Posted by: MizzAmandaJonez ()
Date: December 24, 2021 19:41

[youtu.be]

Hopefully they'll get into some things like this...Merry Christmas everyone!

CHELSKEITH

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: December 24, 2021 20:22

MizzAmandaJonez
[youtu.be]

Hopefully they'll get into some things like this...Merry Christmas everyone!

CHELSKEITH

not too many people seem to recognize Rod… no wonder since he completely lost his voice

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 25, 2021 01:35

kovach
CousinC
KRiffhard
CousinC
Btw.
Kenny would have been a better match to the Stones sound than Steve.
But nobody's asking me. . lol

...thankfully!

Ha, I knew that answer would come.
But why?

I find a new drummer/ Steve musically quite interesting.
But both Daryl and Steve not the best choice for the Stones. (If this has to be done).

Technically lots of musicians could do the job. But I could think of a few that imo fit better. I just mentioned Kenny cause we were talking Faces.
Iorr showed he could do the Charlie style. But with a nice (and better?) touch.

Maybe they wanted more Winos than Faces in the band.

You know I wonder who the deciding vote was for Daryl...Charlie's love of jazz, one would suspect maybe his vote carried a little extra weight.

Keith: The only cloud on the horizon last year, putting all this together, was changing the bass playing. You know, 30 years, the same rhythm section - this is a major upheaval. But in actual fact, it went smooth. We played with a lot of great guys, and eventually I said to Charlie, You decide... And he said, You bastard, you put me in the hot seat! And I said, Yeah, for ONCE, Charlie, once in 30 years, you're going to be the supreme judge on this. Mick and I will say what we think. Because they were all such good players and hey, you're playing a couple of hours with a guy and then another. It's so difficult to tell... So to get to that question - why Darryl (Jones) - I think that 5 years (playing) with Miles Davis didn't hurt as far as Charlie Watts is concerned! Because Charlie, being a jazz drummer himself, you know... I mean, to Charlie, rock and roll is part of jazz, and it still has to swing. So in a way one of the best decisions I made last year was to leave the actual choice up to Charlie

[timeisonourside.com]

Posted by: mpj200 ()
Date: December 25, 2021 04:37

Likely not a full tour. More likely a few shows in the UK and a few in the States.

Posted by: rcfoxy ()
Date: December 25, 2021 09:46

Ben Waters would possibly be a decent addition to a Faces live line up....???

Cheers
Richard - In Another Land

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: December 25, 2021 14:24

I think Rod’s voice has actually got better with age.Certainly better than Elton.I think he just needs to rethink his stage moves now he is a bit older ,after all he ain’t Sir Mick.But the blondes singing and playing instruments is a step in the right direction.Maybe he is right,blondes do have more fun.
Mick H.as vocalist in the Faces is a farce.Stick to ur ancient Simply Red stuff.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: December 25, 2021 14:56

Hairball
Who would have thought...the Faces (Ronnie, Rod, and Kenney) being more productive than the Stones...

Looking forward to hearing about the tour news, and might see them if they make it out to the west coast specifically the SoCal/Los Angeles area

I seem to remember there was talk of this new album from 2004. And a song from those sessions was released by Ronnie:
[youtu.be]

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: December 25, 2021 22:56

I love these guys and would go see them as soloists too, so welcome!
Even the Stones lost Bill before and Charlie now ... and yet I'd go see them tomorrow too!

OT: Faces
Date: December 28, 2021 20:28

Ronnie's portrait of me for my Christmas present ...looking perplexed but at ease with life .
Thanks mate
I'm also learning to play trombone for no apparent reason
Sir Rod

[twitter.com]

OT: Faces
Date: May 17, 2022 21:01

Kenney Jones is this week's guest on the Rockonteurs podcast. He says he and Ronnie have recorded "about twelve songs" with Ronnie on guitar and bass. Rod Stewart sang on six of them. Matt Clifford plays keys.

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: May 17, 2022 23:19

I've never seen Bill Maher quite as star-struck with anyone as he was with Rod Stewart last Friday. His fawning approached Jimmy Fallon proportions.

[www.youtube.com]

Got a little awkward with that tug-of-war at the end...

Re: OT: Faces
Date: May 18, 2022 00:55

bye bye johnny
Kenney Jones is this week's guest on the Rockonteurs podcast. He says he and Ronnie have recorded "about twelve songs" with Ronnie on guitar and bass. Rod Stewart sang on six of them. Matt Clifford plays keys.

yeah now that sounds promising

bet it gets released before the new stones album

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 2 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1883
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home