Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Hoping for European stadium tour next summer
Posted by: rollingon ()
Date: September 1, 2021 19:58

All respect for Charlie but I'm really hoping for European stadium tour next summer

In Helsinki there is a totally renewed stadium and they haven't been to Helsinki since 2007...
Stockholm or Oslo would be really nice too, of course!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-02 21:44 by rollingon.

Re: All respect for Charlie but I'm really hoping for European stadium tour next summer
Posted by: rollingon ()
Date: September 1, 2021 20:02

And in July 2022 there will be 60 years from their first live concert. I'm disappointed if they won't celebrate this achievement by performing live.

Re: All respect for Charlie but I'm really hoping for European stadium tour next summer
Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: September 1, 2021 20:07

I'm not. I think they have toured enough now. And without Charlie there is no need to tour anymore (except for the postponed US gigs).

Posted by: ribbelchips ()
Date: September 1, 2021 20:09

I hope to see them in Europe one final time too! Maybe a farewell show or a couple of them in London. I really hope they go out with a big bang! I'll be there with a tear and a beer and a final applause

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: September 1, 2021 20:23

I would find it beautiful if to have one last possibility to say farewell to everyone.

Posted by: austrianstones ()
Date: September 1, 2021 20:53

StonedRambler
I would find it beautiful if to have one last possibility to say farewell to everyone.

Me, too ....

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: September 1, 2021 20:58

Mixed feelings. Will it really be the Rolling Stones? The entire original rhythm section is gone.

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: September 1, 2021 22:19

24FPS
Will it really be the Rolling Stones?

Off course not.

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: September 1, 2021 22:25

24FPS
Mixed feelings. Will it really be the Rolling Stones? The entire original rhythm section is gone.

Oh yes, they are still the Rolling Stones. How often were there complaints about Bill not being their since 1993? Maybe a few in the beginning, but we all got used to "the four Stones" plus Darryl Jones. Charlie will be badly missed but Steve Jordan is Charlie's choice as the best man to do the job and what better thing to do than show respect for Charlie's choice.

smileys with beer

I'm a GHOST living in a ghost town

Posted by: terry ()
Date: September 1, 2021 22:26

Hopefully they can complete these American dates, without any cancellations.
And if their up to it, just do a couple of shows in the uk to mark their 60 years together,and to say goodbye.
All depends how the winds blowing and their health.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: September 1, 2021 22:39

Is Tony Chapman still alive? Maybe he could join them for their 60th anniversary.. otherwise the only "60 anniversary" members will be Mick and Keith

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: September 1, 2021 22:47

MAF
24FPS

Off course not.
And still... To be able to say goodbye to Mick, Keith and Ronnie and the whole band and some fans you met over the years. That would make me happy. Just psychologically to know "this is the last time and this is the DEFINITIVE end of this great journey I had with them". My last one was Prague 2018 but I didn't think it would be the last one. And it really didn't felt like that.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: September 1, 2021 22:51

"what better thing to do than show respect for Charlie's choice?"

-"how about getting that guy Tony Chapman, he was there even before Charlie"

It feels like a lot of posters here opt for comic relief in order to cope

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 1, 2021 22:51

NilsHolgersson
Is Tony Chapman still alive? Maybe he could join them for their 60th anniversary.. otherwise the only "60 anniversary" members will be Mick and Keith

This has been the case since Bill left in '94.
Just sayin. Charlie joined in '63.

As with the 40th 50th, etc. it's The Rolling Stones, the band, that is turning 60 next July.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 1, 2021 23:36

MAF
24FPS

Off course not.

*Stones

Posted by: Rocktiludrop ()
Date: September 2, 2021 00:23

The Stones are Mick and Keith so yes they will tour next year, Bill last toured with them in 1990, did it effect Mick and Keith in continuing, no of course not and this is no different, same if Ronnie goes,( Mick Taylor could replace him ) that's how it is with Mick and Keith.
I'm guessing they will play it safe and only book Stadiums in places that are unlikely to be cancelled due to covid restrictions, so forget Australia and New Zealand and lots of European countries and Democratic States in the US.
Perhaps they will do a series of Shows in the same place like previous acts have done in Vegas.
A bunch of shows at The Royal Albert Hall would be nice like Clapton has done many times, makes it easy for the boys to concentrate on playing without all the travel.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-02 00:54 by Rocktiludrop.

Date: September 2, 2021 00:30

I do not think they will schedule another tour in our current conditions. Maybe if the virus situation improves.

We all want to see a 60th anniversary tour but with all the logistic problems on this tour I think it is unlikely.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: September 2, 2021 00:36

Maybe for the 60th anniversary they could organize some sort of talent show to create a new Rolling Stones band.. a new 18 year old frontman with sexy moves, a new badass guitarist, because the brand "Rolling Stones" will live on, the tongue t-shirts will always be a cool thing to wear, but most kids wearing it don't even know it's a band logo.. with a new young lineup the New Stones might hit the billboard charts again and the Stones legacy will live on and on

Date: September 2, 2021 00:40

georgemcdonnell314
I do not think they will schedule another tour in our current conditions. Maybe if the virus situation improves.

We all want to see a 60th anniversary tour but with all the logistic problems on this tour I think it is unlikely.

Mick has made it clear he is not going to be retired due to a virus, no way will he miss out on making history with a 60th Anniversary tour, health permitting next years tour is a done deal with the new album to promote and tour behind, the boys will go out with a bang and not a whimper.
Mark my words.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: September 2, 2021 00:51

There will probably be like 10% of fans that stick to their "I won't go without Charlie" thats been said for 20 years. The other 90% will come up with some justification.

Date: September 2, 2021 00:51

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-02 00:52 by Rocktiludrop.

Date: September 2, 2021 01:07

georgie48
24FPS

Oh yes, they are still the Rolling Stones. How often were there complaints about Bill not being their since 1993? Maybe a few in the beginning, but we all got used to "the four Stones" plus Darryl Jones. Charlie will be badly missed but Steve Jordan is Charlie's choice as the best man to do the job and what better thing to do than show respect for Charlie's choice.

smileys with beer

We got used to the Stones without Bill? When did that happen? They weren't the same band afterward. Now they'll be even less. It's chemistry, not professional competence. You can play with Miles Davis but still not fit the Stones. Jordan will face the same dilemma Darryl faced. Do I sound like who I'm replacing, or go my own way and not sound at all like what fits in the band?

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: September 2, 2021 01:34

NilsHolgersson
Maybe for the 60th anniversary they could organize some sort of talent show to create a new Rolling Stones band.. a new 18 year old frontman with sexy moves, a new badass guitarist, because the brand "Rolling Stones" will live on, the tongue t-shirts will always be a cool thing to wear, but most kids wearing it don't even know it's a band logo.. with a new young lineup the New Stones might hit the billboard charts again and the Stones legacy will live on and on

I hope you’re kidding. That sounds like the worst possible thing that could happen to The Rolling Stones. No need to carry on once the whole band is dead. I’m all about people starting new bands, but trying to carry on The Rolling Stones name forever seems a bit sad. Some already feel them carrying on now is sad.

Date: September 2, 2021 01:53

If you keep calling them "the boys" I will keep calling you delusional.

Date: September 2, 2021 01:54

Provided their shows don't get canceled? Then you're gonna have some historically desperate shitshows that will properly sober you up.

Date: September 2, 2021 01:59

"I wanna have a proper farewell" Guess what the last five tours were supposed to be all about? They would be doing it until they couldn't anymore. You'd never know, until you know. A notion of linear time

Date: September 2, 2021 02:08

Nikkei
If you keep calling them "the boys" I will keep calling you delusional.

Lol..........smiling smiley....

Date: September 2, 2021 02:13

Keith has a sort of muscle memory triggered by Charlie that enabled him to know to some extent where in the song he was. Best of luck to him

Re: Hoping for European stadium tour next summer
Date: September 2, 2021 02:22

Of the core four, last tour Keith was the "weakest link" for lack of a better term, and don't know how he and the band will carry on without Charlie the true heartbeat and engine of the band.
Charlie (and Ronnie) always helped cover for Keith and his mistakes, and/or made those mistakes less obvious. No matter how well Keith and Steve Jordan know each other,
or how many times they've played or recorded together, Jordan has never sat on the throne of the Stones and he'll certainly have his work cut out for him...
Sure he will play OK, and there will be shades of the Stones sound, but with Charlie gone another key/signature element of the band will be missing just as it's been since Bill left.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-02 02:25 by Hairball.

Re: Hoping for European stadium tour next summer
Date: September 2, 2021 02:30

Hairball
Of the core four, last tour Keith was the "weakest link" for lack of a better term, and don't know how he and the band will carry on without Charlie the true heartbeat and engine of the band.
Charlie (and Ronnie) always helped cover for Keith and his mistakes, and/or made those mistakes less obvious. No matter how well Keith and Steve Jordan know each other,
or how many times they've played or recorded together, Jordan has never sat on the throne of the Stones and he'll certainly have his work cut out for him...
Sure he will play OK, and there will be shades of the Stones sound, but with Charlie gone another key/signature element of the band will be missing just as it's been since Bill left.

smileys with beer This isn't most bands. You can't plug in a new player and make it work. They were lucky Ronnie could do it. Darryl didn't work. Whatever they do, the band is going in a different direction, whether they want to or not.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1591
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home