Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5
Re: Hoping for European stadium tour next summer
Posted by: Nate ()
Date: October 2, 2021 09:36

Paddy
It’d be cool if they did a run of dates in London at the O2.... I’d like one more indoor gig.

Terrible venue in a hideous part of town that should have a bulldozer taken to it.If the stones want to play an indoor show in London then they should look no further than the RAH.

Nate

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: October 2, 2021 10:04

Nate
Paddy
It’d be cool if they did a run of dates in London at the O2.... I’d like one more indoor gig.

Terrible venue in a hideous part of town that should have a bulldozer taken to it.If the stones want to play an indoor show in London then they should look no further than the RAH.

Nate
They should NOT play in a venue where only privileged and rich folks can get tickets. Rather Hyde Park or a big stadium. At this stage of their career everyone who wants to see them should be able to do so.

Date: October 2, 2021 10:26

StonedRambler
Nate
Paddy

Nate
They should NOT play in a venue where only privileged and rich folks can get tickets. Rather Hyde Park or a big stadium. At this stage of their career everyone who wants to see them should be able to do so.

You don’t think people who can afford £50 for a ticket to see them in a stadium are privileged ? There’s probably around 6 billion people in the world who would disagree with you.

Nate

smileys with beerRe: Hoping for European stadium tour next summer
Posted by: Rocktiludrop ()
Date: October 2, 2021 10:26

On the strength of these last two shows it's odds on they will continue, can't wait to see them next summer.

I don't care where they play in Europe, I'll be there.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: October 2, 2021 10:48

Nate
StonedRambler
Nate
Paddy

Nate

You don’t think people who can afford £50 for a ticket to see them in a stadium are privileged ? There’s probably around 6 billion people in the world who would disagree with you.

Nate
Of course you are right Nate. I was talking about the average person in UK and Europe. There are people in the world who can't afford any concert ticket at all unfortunately, but that's not the Stones' fault. Still they can make the decision of playing to as many people as possible in a stadium rather than playing to a smaller group of people who has the money.

Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: October 2, 2021 11:03

Hairball
Of the core four, last tour Keith was the "weakest link" for lack of a better term, and don't know how he and the band will carry on without Charlie the true heartbeat and engine of the band.
Charlie (and Ronnie) always helped cover for Keith and his mistakes, and/or made those mistakes less obvious. No matter how well Keith and Steve Jordan know each other,
or how many times they've played or recorded together, Jordan has never sat on the throne of the Stones and he'll certainly have his work cut out for him...
Sure he will play OK, and there will be shades of the Stones sound, but with Charlie gone another key/signature element of the band will be missing just as it's been since Bill left.

I agree that Keith was the weakest link before but judging from the last 2 concerts having Steve Jordan there has inspired him to lift his game. I think they are sounding amazing

Date: October 2, 2021 11:08

john lomax
Hairball
Of the core four, last tour Keith was the "weakest link" for lack of a better term, and don't know how he and the band will carry on without Charlie the true heartbeat and engine of the band.
Charlie (and Ronnie) always helped cover for Keith and his mistakes, and/or made those mistakes less obvious. No matter how well Keith and Steve Jordan know each other,
or how many times they've played or recorded together, Jordan has never sat on the throne of the Stones and he'll certainly have his work cut out for him...
Sure he will play OK, and there will be shades of the Stones sound, but with Charlie gone another key/signature element of the band will be missing just as it's been since Bill left.

I agree that Keith was the weakest link before but judging from the last 2 concerts having Steve Jordan there has inspired him to lift his game. I think they are sounding amazing

Ronnie is the weakest link ( if there has to be one ) his solos are all dealt with the same ear screeching effect, the only disappointment so far this tour.

I must add that Ronnies weaving with Keith has never been better, just room for improvement with the solos.

Just as an aside, Keith seems to have lost interest in playing Sympathy, I'm wondering if he doesn't approve of this song anymore in some way, he showed at St Louis he can do a mean solo but at Charlotte back to the same old disinterest.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-02 11:16 by Rocktiludrop.

Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: October 2, 2021 11:12

Rocktiludrop
john lomax
Hairball

Ronnie is the weakest link ( if there has to be one ) his solos are all dealt with the same ear screeching effect, the only disappointment so far this tour.

Yes, I agree - iver the last couple of tours he had really lifted his game and I felt he was playing really well, but on this tour his playing seems to have gone back to waht it was like when he was drinking

Date: October 2, 2021 11:21

john lomax
Rocktiludrop
john lomax
Hairball

Yes, I agree - iver the last couple of tours he had really lifted his game and I felt he was playing really well, but on this tour his playing seems to have gone back to waht it was like when he was drinking

Yeah same, and unless Keith or Mick force a smile from him he looks a little detached, perhaps he can improve throughout the tour, for obvious reasons we wasn't expecting him to be as energetic this time round but he seemed to pace himself better at Charlotte.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-02 12:12 by Rocktiludrop.

Re: All respect for Charlie but I'm really hoping for European stadium tour next summer
Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: October 2, 2021 11:26

NilsHolgersson
Is Tony Chapman still alive? Maybe he could join them for their 60th anniversary.. otherwise the only "60 anniversary" members will be Mick and Keith

Actually already in STONE ALONE - released while he was still a member - Bill Wyman wrote that The Rolling Stones is and has been for years a Jagger-Richards show and the point of his book was to remind people that they once were a five-piece band. Like the subtitle of the book goes: 'Story of a little rock and roll band'...

Bill was a realist.

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-02 11:29 by Doxa.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: October 2, 2021 12:21

StonedRambler
Nate
StonedRambler
Nate
Paddy

Nate

Nate
Of course you are right Nate. I was talking about the average person in UK and Europe. There are people in the world who can't afford any concert ticket at all unfortunately, but that's not the Stones' fault. Still they can make the decision of playing to as many people as possible in a stadium rather than playing to a smaller group of people who has the money.

I'm with stonedrambler on this. Besides shutting out all but the wealthiest, a smaller venue with (inevitably) very expensive tickets will produce an older audience, whereas more affordable tickets will mean bigger, younger and more lively crowds - which will feed back into the band's performance.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: October 2, 2021 12:39

Green Lady

I'm with stonedrambler on this. Besides shutting out all but the wealthiest, a smaller venue with (inevitably) very expensive tickets will produce an older audience, whereas more affordable tickets will mean bigger, younger and more lively crowds - which will feed back into the band's performance.

Yeah. When the Stones did the STILL COUNTING arena tour in 2013 in America- a Barbra Streisand tour, so to say - in which, let's say, more 'privileged' crowd filled the arenas, Jagger reportedly wasn't happy with the crowd reaction. And then in Glastonbury and Hyde Park he was thrilled (if memory serves, in Hyde Park they made certain last moment arrangements to make sure that people with normal tickets will be at the front of the stage too by the cost of some more expensive ticket holders - this caused some tension here on IORR, I recall). Since then it all has been stadium shows.

- Doxa

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-02 12:42 by Doxa.

Posted by: Four Stone Walls ()
Date: October 2, 2021 13:44

Rockman
Lets just live for now treacle ....

Cant change the past ...
who knows what the future may bring.... live for now

Bang on. ( the Billabong).

You may well be aware of the book ' The Power of Now', Rockman. ( Eckhart Tolle)

If not, it will Rock your Socks off.

Eddy

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-02 19:49 by Four Stone Walls.

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: October 2, 2021 14:10

I'm not hoping for any tour but for a new album with the last takes with Charlie. Then they can tour till doomsday ...

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: October 2, 2021 14:55

Doxa
Green Lady

Yeah. When the Stones did the STILL COUNTING arena tour in 2013 in America- a Barbra Streisand tour, so to say - in which, let's say, more 'privileged' crowd filled the arenas, Jagger reportedly wasn't happy with the crowd reaction. And then in Glastonbury and Hyde Park he was thrilled (if memory serves, in Hyde Park they made certain last moment arrangements to make sure that people with normal tickets will be at the front of the stage too by the cost of some more expensive ticket holders - this caused some tension here on IORR, I recall). Since then it all has been stadium shows.

- Doxa

The "tension" was due to the fact that AEG had no clue what they were doing and kept changing their story as to where the Tier 1/Tier 2/Tier 3 tickets would ben in the end they came to their senses and it worked out ok, here's the whole saga : [iorr.org] ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: WelshEdge1 ()
Date: October 2, 2021 16:35

They have a high-tech stage all ready and has only been used for 60 shows.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: October 2, 2021 17:04

Oh my God, that whole Hyde Park saga. Goalposts moved back and forth.

Mr. Rob Hallett!

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: October 2, 2021 18:31

Why not playing both — a dozen shows at the RAH and a couple in Hyde Park for instance. This will be their 60th anniversary!

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: October 2, 2021 18:36

Nate
StonedRambler
Nate
Paddy

Nate

Nate

Nate, when did the Stones last charge as little as £50? I could stretch to that, but what I paid for Twickenham in 2017, hurt. What were GA prices? £150? It’s simply unaffordable.

Date: October 2, 2021 19:55

They could do a range of different sized venues, as per Licks.

And maybe not only London

Big Al, it could be the last time, and would be a very special time, so don't skimp on that.

Give up something for a month or a year.Meat, alcohol ...... Vou cil Fax!

Posted by: glimmertwinz ()
Date: October 2, 2021 20:01

Can anyone really see them doing smaller venues? I think that time has passed. 14 dates all big stadiums or festivals. Would love them to do smaller venues but don't think there's a chance.

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: October 2, 2021 20:42

Big Al
Nate
StonedRambler
Nate
Paddy

Nate

Nate

Nate, when did the Stones last charge as little as £50? I could stretch to that, but what I paid for Twickenham in 2017, hurt. What were GA prices? £150? It’s simply unaffordable.

I went without a holiday in 2017/8 so I could pay eye watering sums for pit tix on the 2018 UK tour ( I didn't risk lucky dips most of the time ) and don't regret it for a moment. But I know most people couldn't afford what I did.

Date: October 2, 2021 21:06

Lady Jayne
Big Al
Nate
StonedRambler
Nate
Paddy

Nate

Nate

I went without a holiday in 2017/8 so I could pay eye watering sums for pit tix on the 2018 UK tour ( I didn't risk lucky dips most of the time ) and don't regret it for a moment. But I know most people couldn't afford what I did.

I paid £30 for a lucky dip ticket for the show at Twickenham so yes you can purchase stones tickets for small amounts legitimately.
I paid 20 pence for a pit ticket yes you read that correctly spinning smiley sticking its tongue outat the Olympic stadium London 2018 but that’s another story.

Nate

Posted by: rollingon ()
Date: October 2, 2021 21:32

john lomax
Hairball

Yes, I was thinking the same when I watched the new Youtube clips. I was wondering if I was the only one...

Posted by: rollingon ()
Date: October 2, 2021 21:42

It seems to me that Keith and Darryl have great chemistry on stage. Rhytmically they have a good connection with each other and also it can be seen from their smiles once in a while when they look each other.

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: October 3, 2021 15:55

Do you think we’ll see a memorial show to Charlie with some involvement from Bill?

Date: October 3, 2021 17:45

I think that they will have 'moved on' by then.

But it would of course be great to see Bill - and Mick T - at a 60th show.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: October 3, 2021 17:56

I'm betting the Charlie tribute stays (at least in some form) for next year's shows.

Bill Wyman and Mick Taylor? Forget it.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: October 3, 2021 18:13

Four Stone Walls
I think that they will have 'moved on' by then.

But it would of course be great to see Bill - and Mick T - at a 60th show.

Mick and Keith moved on when Charlie supposedly told them to. They did without hesitation. The rest was just a mere formality.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: October 3, 2021 18:16

They try to make it sound like he was all "you just have to keep it going" when realistically he was more like "whatever"

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2186
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home