Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5
Re: Hoping for European stadium tour next summer
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 2, 2021 05:45

Give them a chance .....

Who knows..We may all be surprised from
what Steve Jordan brings to The Stones ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 2, 2021 05:57

Rockman
Give them a chance .....

smileys with beer

Posted by: bv ()
Date: September 2, 2021 06:14

The NO COVID 2022 TOUR. I am in.

Bjornulf

Posted by: keefmick ()
Date: September 2, 2021 06:18

BV--given the current COVID situation here in the States, do you think they are going to be able to pull off this USA tour? I appreciate your insights.

Posted by: terraplane ()
Date: September 2, 2021 06:22

Rockman
Give them a chance .....

I think that it is more likely that they will blow the roof of the places they play. Steve Jordan will put some fire into them

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: September 2, 2021 06:24

Let's just hope for the best, and expect the worst. This upcoming US Tour already had a pall over it from Charlie's absence. Now it's just a contractual obligation. Steve Jordan wasn't meant as a permanent replacement. With Charlie's death it just doesn't feel right. Probably being paranoid, but it just doesn't feel right. It's certainly not a happy go lucky, it's only rock and roll tour. The We Can't Get Out of it Without Losing Dough Tour. Sponsored by the American Bar Association.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: September 2, 2021 06:35

keefmick
BV--given the current COVID situation here in the States, do you think they are going to be able to pull off this USA tour? I appreciate your insights.

That is a completely different story, different thread also. God Only Knows, to quote Brian Wilson.

Bjornulf

Date: September 2, 2021 06:40

I think that it is more likely that they will blow the roof of the places they play.

YEP..... each will feed the other ..

Stones will wanna lift fans and
themselves out of this darkened world ... audience will answer them

ROCKMAN

Re: All respect for Charlie but I'm really hoping for European stadium tour next summer
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 2, 2021 07:10

NilsHolgersson
Maybe for the 60th anniversary they could organize some sort of talent show to create a new Rolling Stones band.. a new 18 year old frontman with sexy moves, a new badass guitarist, because the brand "Rolling Stones" will live on, the tongue t-shirts will always be a cool thing to wear, but most kids wearing it don't even know it's a band logo.. with a new young lineup the New Stones might hit the billboard charts again and the Stones legacy will live on and on

Wow!

What a really horrific idea! Reminds me of the "Sons of" Beatles and Stones thread from a few years back.

Date: September 2, 2021 07:15

bv

And not wanting to be inflammatory in any way, but just wondering when "it's over"?

If Keith were not able to be there, in your mind if Mick and Ronnie still wanted to tour as the stones would that fly?

Or Keith and Ronnie, with no Mick?

I mean they could clearly still tour, but when is it no longer a "Rolling Stones" tour?

Is Mick the last man standing? Clearly it isn't Ronnie.

Date: September 2, 2021 07:24

Lets just live for now treacle ....

Cant change the past ...
who knows what the future may bring.... live for now

ROCKMAN

Date: September 2, 2021 09:02

treaclefingers
bv

And not wanting to be inflammatory in any way, but just wondering when "it's over"?

If Keith were not able to be there, in your mind if Mick and Ronnie still wanted to tour as the stones would that fly?

Or Keith and Ronnie, with no Mick?

I mean they could clearly still tour, but when is it no longer a "Rolling Stones" tour?

Is Mick the last man standing? Clearly it isn't Ronnie.

See Guy Peelaert's 'Rock Dreams' for the answer.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-02 17:19 by 24FPS.

Posted by: Erhard51 ()
Date: September 2, 2021 10:08

I hope for 1 or 2 last concerts in 2022 for me since 1965.

Germany and UK.

I wanna say Good-Bye with a last live concert.

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: September 2, 2021 10:39

Be it as it may, without Charlie it won't ever be the same.

d.f

Posted by: strat72 ()
Date: September 2, 2021 11:00

They should just do a quick tour of The UK next summer.

In truth, it's a shame that the upcoming US shows aren't in The UK. The US is not ready for it, as tickets sales have shown. There are still to many nervous Nellies there that need more time to get a grip on things.

It is pretty much the same in much of continental Europe, and forget Australia, they will be closed for years the nutters.

The UK seems to be the country that is closest to being back to normal.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-02 11:02 by strat72.

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: September 2, 2021 12:44

An European Tour next year sound be' very appreciate for a last goodbye hopefully with the new studio album with Charlie in

Posted by: ribbelchips ()
Date: September 2, 2021 12:54

I think 'Europe 2022' depends on how they enjoy this tour with Steve Jordan and if they can get over the loss of Charlie. His death could very well be the final straw for Mick or Keith. They don't have to do it for the money or to proof something to anyone, they do it because they still enjoy it. But when that joy fades..

Posted by: Torres ()
Date: September 2, 2021 14:13

I think we should look at the band primarily as a business, whose main product is the incredible live shows that keep people coming back over and over, for top prices. In between some releases that help the revenue and keep the interest alive. It's a brand.

In a family run business, I don't think customers expect if one of the founding members is deceased, that the business should close. Except if the member is part of the selling product himself. In my humble opinion, that's Mick and Keith. For the average customer that pays to go to a concert, that's what he expects to get. And it's the average customer who keeps the business alive.

So depending on Covid next year, I think it's very plausible that the band continues to tour, hopefully in Europe. I would go see them one more time if they came around here. I would be willing to pay a fair price to watch a magnificent show one more time, and have fun with it. Wouldn't expect nothing more, and nothing less. Maybe with age I became more of a customer and less of a fan.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: September 2, 2021 15:52

in some way I hope they won't tour Europe. Otherwise I have to decide whether I want to see them without Charlie or not

Posted by: micha063 ()
Date: September 2, 2021 15:56

No Caharlie no Stones.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 2, 2021 16:10

Will they continue the No Charlie Tour next year? There might be a better chance of that happening then the upcoming US tour which has been plagued from the get-go...
I'd say there's a 50/50 chance of them playing every city on the US itinerary, but at this point that's a generous guess considering so many other postponements/cancellations taking place.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 2, 2021 16:21

Been "plagued".. literally true but used generically winking smiley

Reminded me that the common expression "avoid it like the plague" really needs to be revised considering the stance of the many unvaxxed.

Perhaps just adding a new saying for some would work.
Avoid it like the jab?? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-02 16:22 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: September 2, 2021 17:05

dead.flowers

d.f

Of course it won't. But it might still be good.

Date: September 2, 2021 17:22

strat72

In truth, it's a shame that the upcoming US shows aren't in The UK. The US is not ready for it, as tickets sales have shown. There are still to many nervous Nellies there that need more time to get a grip on things.

We have Nervous Nellies because of too many Idiot Idas who won't wear masks, and/or get vaccinated to help America get over this. Oh, and I'm sure the U.K. is right on top of Covid. Unless you read the papers or watch the news.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: September 2, 2021 17:32

24FPS
strat72

We have Nervous Nellies because of too many Idiot Idas who won't wear masks, and/or get vaccinated to help America get over this. Oh, and I'm sure the U.K. is right on top of Covid. Unless you read the papers or watch the news.

We're not out of the woods, yet, the situation here is certainly far greater than elsewhere at present. I'm grateful, as aside from seeing the coverings on public transport, there aren't too many reminders of this wretched virus.

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: September 2, 2021 17:44

Charlie himself said that the band could go on with only Mick and Keith remaining…

Posted by: strat72 ()
Date: September 2, 2021 19:15

24FPS
strat72

I suspect that you are one of the nervous Nellies 24. I understand why and I'm not being critical, just factual. There is no Covid competition.

Let me explain what I meant by The UK being ahead of the curve. Firstly, when I say The UK I mean the public not the wretched Metropolitan media.

The public in The UK have got to the point where they no longer think like you. They KNOW Covid is going nowhere. They know we will never be "over this" completely. The vast majority take precautions such as the vaccines and some make their rightful choice not to do so. The Public now except that the virus will kill a small amount of people every single day.

We know it, but we are cracking on and getting back to normal and if The Stones were playing in The UK those tickets would be sold for that reason.

It will take time for people in The US and other countries to catch up and come to the same realisation that the public in The UK have. The poor Australians still think they can have zero Covid. They can't.... Yes they can keep the infection rate low, but that means locking your country from the outside world and being in a constant cycle of lockdowns.

That is no way to live.

Date: September 2, 2021 19:29

Rockman
Lets just live for now treacle ....

Cant change the past ...
who knows what the future may bring.... live for now

smileys with beer

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: September 2, 2021 21:49

slewan
in some way I hope they won't tour Europe. Otherwise I have to decide whether I want to see them without Charlie or not

I kind of second that in a twisted way.
Exclusive U.K. shows will make the 60th anniversary — and the group’s possible farewell appearances on stage — more prestigious and significant.

Green Lady
dead.flowers

d.f

Of course it won't. But it might still be good.

That’s the point. Nobody says it will be the same. It sure will be different. But it will be good no matter what.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: September 2, 2021 22:00

what has become of the negotiations by the stones for several festival shows in europe next year that was talked about on here a couple weeks ago

here iorr

Re: 2022 Euro Tour Rumors - Festivals ?
Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: August 7, 2021 01:27

Topi
[www.ladepeche.fr]

Sunday 26th June, 2022 mentioned as a possible date.

VERY interestng and - woah! - GREAT news for all Stones fans, especially the european ones (including the UK here)! smiling bouncing smiley

I copied the texts of the "ParisMatch" and "Ladepeche.fr" into Google's translator, so here we go:

1) ParisMatch

( [parismatch.com] )

ParisMatch
The British will decide by the end of the year whether it is time to say their goodbyes. And could happen next summer at Vieilles Charrues and Garorock.

At the beginning of July the rock planet took off. When AEG announced to European promoters that the Rolling Stones had agreed to participate in the 2022 summer festivals, everyone pulled out their calculators. With a fee of 5 million dollars per concert, the Stones are the most expensive group on the market. But this time it's about a "last tour". Because yes the musicians are well beyond retirement age: Charlie Watts has just turned 80, Mick Jagger 78, Keith Richards 77. And Ron Wood, 74, suffers from cancer. But the Stones don't intend to lower the curtain without saying hello to their fans one last time.

2) LaDepeche.FR

( [www.ladepeche.fr] )

LaDepeche.FR
Garorock in Marmande: the Rolling Stones, it is confirmed and it would be a Sunday evening!

The organizers of Garorock are on the verge of achieving a masterful blow. Next year, the Rolling Stones will come in concert. The date of June 26 is mentioned. And as a surprise never comes alone, the name of the Red Hot Chili Peppers was also mentioned. Explanations.

All that remains is the formalization of the organizing teams. In any case, the Garorock is preparing to enter a dimension near Marmande (Lot-et-Garonne). One thing is certain, the Marmandais festival now run by Olympia Productions, a subsidiary of Vivendi, is doing everything to become number 1 in France.
As mentioned, today, by our colleagues from the weekly Paris Match, the Rolling Stones could stop off in the South-West and more particularly in Marmande for a concert event next summer.

The negotiations are well advanced. "Even on the verge of being signed", according to certain sources contacted this Thursday, August 4. There would be only a few details left to work out for others. At this point, it is no longer a dream but a reality.

The concert on a Sunday evening
According to our information, the Rolling Stones concert will be scheduled for Sunday, June 26 on the plain of the Filhole, while the 2022 edition is scheduled from June 30 to July 3, 2022.

For security and organizational reasons, the concert of the English group's farewell tour would be organized before the festival. An event that could attract more than 50,000 spectators in the city of tomatoes. It is for this reason that the organizers would be heading towards this unique evening, a little less than three days before high mass.

The Red Hot Chili Peppers were close
And as Garorock wants to strike a big blow, the surprises are not over. A wind of madness could take hold of the plain of the Filhole. Olympia Productions thinks big, very big even.
According to our information, the arrival of the Red Hot Chili Peppers was also in the pipeline. The two parties were in advanced negotiations but for scheduling reasons, this could not be concluded.

Obviously, we are not at the end of our surprises for 2022 ....

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1795
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home