Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

O/T: RIP Ron Bushy of Iron Butterfly
Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: August 30, 2021 15:36

Ron Bushy of Iron Butterfly dead at 79..

[currently.att.yahoo.com]

Re: O/T: RIP Ron Bushy of Iron Butterfly
Posted by: runaway ()
Date: August 30, 2021 16:28

RIP Ron Bushy “In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida”,17 minutes

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: August 30, 2021 16:50

2000 LYFH

[www.RollingStone.com]

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: August 30, 2021 17:01

According to their wikipedia page, this band has had something like seventy different members over the years. That's got to be some kind of record, although Blood Sweat and Tears probably comes close.

I saw them about 20 years ago, as part of some kind of "summer of love" oldies package tour. I think Jefferson Starship, still with Kantner and Balin in the lineup, were the headliner. The Butterly still had their original rhythm section, Bushy on drums and Lee Dorman, also now deceased, on bass. The organ player/lead vocalist was not Doug Ingle, but was instead this sleazy-looking Aqualung guy, and when they started to play I just bust out laughing. I had never heard music played so slowly in all my life! It took some getting used to, but eventually I grew accustomed to it and actually began to really get into it and enjoy it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-30 17:08 by tatters.

Date: August 30, 2021 17:15

2000 LYFH

Now he's in the "In the Garden of Eden" ....

Date: August 30, 2021 17:15

Thank you for the Music:

2020 SACD by MFSL - [MoFi.com] , [www.jpc.de] .

Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: August 30, 2021 19:47

Metamorphosis their 4th album from 1970 is highly recommended. Guitarist Erik Brann left and Mike Pinera and Larry "El Rhino" Reinhardt joined the band - great album...

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: August 30, 2021 19:57

tatters
According to their wikipedia page, this band has had something like seventy different members over the years. That's got to be some kind of record, although Blood Sweat and Tears probably comes close.

I saw them about 20 years ago, as part of some kind of "summer of love" oldies package tour. I think Jefferson Starship, still with Kantner and Balin in the lineup, were the headliner. The Butterly still had their original rhythm section, Bushy on drums and Lee Dorman, also now deceased, on bass. The organ player/lead vocalist was not Doug Ingle, but was instead this sleazy-looking Aqualung guy, and when they started to play I just bust out laughing. I had never heard music played so slowly in all my life! It took some getting used to, but eventually I grew accustomed to it and actually began to really get into it and enjoy it.

70 members, almost like Spinal Tap! RIP Ron.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: August 30, 2021 20:07

RIP Ron, another drummer passes away.

Classic rock band original drummers— considered to be the healthiest of band members due to the extreme physical activity— have been leaving us at an alarming rate over the years.

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: August 31, 2021 02:52

runaway
RIP Ron Bushy “In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida”,17 minutes

Iconic drum solo, known to millions of Austrians even though most of them perhaps never learned where it came from: an excerpt from the drum solo served as the signation of Austrian TV sports show "Sport am Montag" for 17 years or so ...

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: August 31, 2021 03:35

I saw them open for the Who at Sacramento Memorial Auditorium in probably 1969. They tried to outdo the Who with pyrotechnics and of course an endless gadda da vida.

Needless to say, all was forgotten with the first Townsend chord and Moonie thump.

RIP Ron Bushy, to have the balls to even attempt that earned some honors from me and my friends in attendance. If it had been anyone other than the Who, might have actually succeeded in stealing the show.

jb

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: September 1, 2021 12:54

Forever unforgotten!

Rest in the Garden of Eden Ron Bushy.

d.f

Posted by: Mongoose ()
Date: September 1, 2021 17:24

2000 LYFH
Metamorphosis their 4th album from 1970 is highly recommended. Guitarist Erik Brann left and Mike Pinera and Larry "El Rhino" Reinhardt joined the band - great album...

One of the first few concerts I ever attended, in 1970, was Iron Butterfly, just as they had made this personnel change, right before the release of the Metamorphosis lp (a very overlooked great album, IMHO). I remember I had a poster of the band that I got signed by all five members right after the show, and it was on my wall at home for most of my high school years. Alas, no idea whatever happened to it....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2088
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home